New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ruins of Rubix (IC)

The man appears to be walking away, taking his time. but once you look he tosses to the air five words "Don't let them follow me."

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Rovinel

Upon hearing this Rovinel flies up above the mysterious wall and attempts to follow this new threat.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

The two humanoid shoots up magical rays at you, that are nerfed by your spell resistance. however a third opponent strikes you.
    The attack was rather good, managed to hit you for 12 damage. and the invisible opponent turns visible, to reveal a skeletal werewolf.

((Welcome to the realm of the "WTF?" opponents.))

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

Spoiler
    Show
    hp 26/45, AC 23, touch 23, flat footed 23, Ki points 7/9

Joshua was already begining to focus on the man when he jumped down out of sight. Preparing to turn etherial and follow, he heard Jacks suggestion and considered it. Jumping after the man, especially alone, was hardly a good idea. "Unfortunitaly, I don't recognize him from anywhere. Now, just give me a second..." He begins to look over their opponants, checking if any still live. If there is at least one alive, he'll patch one up (if possible, the one that looks to be in best condition), but any others are not necessary, and he will finish them off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal - (1d20+4)[15]

This assumes he manages any of this prior to Rovinel being attacked. In that case, he only manages to say "Is that a... werewolf?" and readies his sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an action. If the werewolf takes any violent action towards Joshua, he will spend 1 Ki point to turn etherial, then move towards cover.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

As you didn't post I'll allow you to mkae the check before that happened.

The dead guys seems dead for quite some time...these are skeletons with hats of disguise. and all are way beyond non-magical assistance.

anyone else wants to do anything? or make attacks? or something?

6. - Top - End - #126

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

Looking over the skeletal bodies, Joshua shakes his head. Things were just getting weirder. "Ok then." He turns away from the werewolf, as it didn't seem to be threatening them unless they went towards it. He quickly looked over each body for anything valuable, stripping them of the hats and their weapons. Gathering everything up, he goes over to Jack and lays it down. "What do we do now? I think from now on I should try to avoid attention, we may receive more visits from these guys. The other option, of course, is to follow him now and try to find out what's going on." He sits back and waits for the others to chime in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search - (1d20+14)[21]

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

"I vote for leaving him alone" I say as I help Joshua look for anything of value. "He could have attacked from an ambush, yet didn't. I don't think he is a threat at this point."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

No, of course not. Just sizing us up for when he needs to kill us later. Judging by all the skeletons that was probably our necromancer friend. I suggest that next time we meet we terminate him with extreme prejudice.
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

"They don't seem to be aggressive as long we don't try to follow him, we might as well ignore him for now and advance to hakim's base?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

After returning to street level to rejoin the group Jack joins the conversation: "Well... I suppose burst'n in on one of da three forts' an option, but I think I like our other ones a wee bit better: either follow'n our new mystery's fresh trail, 'else putt'n all three strongholds under obsorvation and only try sack'n Hakim when'er we actually spot him. But first, lets get out from under da greasy eyes of them rooftop things." He finishes motioning toward a distant corner.

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

11. - Top - End - #131

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

"That seems to be a good idea to me. Get away from those things and plan some more."

If they move away, Joshua continues "I think we should try to track that new guy down. There's a chance he's going to report to Hakim, we could take advantage of that. Either way, from now on I'm going to stay out of sight. I'll hide in with the crowd, and if that guy or anyone else shows up, I'll try to knock them out and we can take them in. No matter the situation though, I'm taking one of those hats. It would be very useful for me." He grabs one of the hats and puts it on quickly. Willing it to work, his clothing and general form change suddenly. He remains about the same size, though he's now thinner and wearing a brown, body covering robe. The hat has become a hood covering most of his face in shadow. Walking along, he could now be mistaken for a simple traveling monk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Adding hat of disguise to invintory. From now on, Joshua is going to use the blend into a crowd ability of hide from complete adventurer, so that anyone scanning the area doesn't notice him. He'll also wear the hat of disguise, increasing the chances of going unnoticed.
    Hide - (1d20+18)[23]
    Disguise - (1d20+10)[30]
    And since I know it's comming sooner or later, my second poison saving throw. Fort - (1d20+5)[19]
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-06-11 at 11:34 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

((Actually it anit coming sooner or later. 1d2 main CON damage is all that thing does, the point is these are some lots of poisoned arrows that could have dealt some heavy damage with better luck at the shots.

or should I say-it aint coming sooner or later from THIS dose of poison, you might be struck again later.))

The skeletons seems to be not very smart, they stay on the roof as you walk away, watching.

So, follow him or get moving towards one of the "forts"? (or spliting? or any other thing you might come up with?)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Rovinel

Rovinel appears suddenly, hovering next to Jack. "Well it looks like they're going to be a pain. We might be able to get around them, but by the time we do that guy will probably be lost. I agree with Jack that we need to put Hakim's hideouts under observation. How much experience do you have with this part of town, Joshua? Do you think it's really possible for you to track the guy down...quickly?"

14. - Top - End - #134

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

"Actually, I believe that Jack is the tracker in our group. My strength is more along the lines of following people and getting into places unseen. I'm also proficient with poison use, so I'll try to use that to help capture him. I've been in this part of town, so I know my way around, but I don't really have any contacts, anymore."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

"We know where his main base is, cant we jest watch over that one? he will show up in not so long."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

"Yah, I should be able ta track him all right, quick too with da trail so fresh. The real trick'll be how long he walks: less we plan ta bag him follow'n'll be simple reconnaissance till he reaches his hidie-hole. Now, I'd say it'd be pure foolish to split ourselves ta individuals, but if we go 2 n 3 we can be someplace twice. Yah, that might work: we watch da main fort for da big guy an follow that other one if that'll be da plan. I can forge a mind-link so we can all stay connected."

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

"I may be better following him for now. I'm good at staying out of sight in a crowd, and this disguise will help. Unless we plan to break into the hideout now, I can't do much there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you guys planning to do anything or jest talk about it? (sorry, its jest you jest move slow and hardly comment...)

19. - Top - End - #139

SolithKnightGuy

I already said I plan on following him unless everyone else is against it. If they are, I'll go to the main hideout.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Turning into a one-on-one game is it?

If you plan to follow you should try your stealthy rolls. the skeletals are still around yaknow.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

((I hope not!))

Jack

"Gimy a moment here:"
    —*clinka-ding*— (Mindlink: Jack-Joshua-Joram)

"There, now da two groups can communicate. C'mon, Joshua lets get move'n!"

Joshua and Joram
    Spoiler
    Show

<Test one, two, three... mind-check, two, three. Ok, good: This'll last 'bout an hour. Now Joram, I specialize in tracking so I'm lucky I could do even this, you'll have to relay info with everyone else in the stake-out.>

As soon as Joshua and Jake are out of sight of the rest of the group:
    Spoiler
    Show

"And off we go, but first my own disguise. Mind holding this for me Josh?" Jack asks setting a bag of holding on the ground. Then he proceeds to quickly strip and dump everything he's carrying except his hat, amulet, and chocker into the bag.

Then he shifts. For a few brief seconds Jack's body writhes and withers before settling into dog. Then with a flicker the hat kicks in and Jack is left as a mangy ally-mutt wearing a rusty studded color.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-06-21 at 06:14 PM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

mindlinkMost excelent. I will continue to remain unobserved and will allow you to lead then.

Will follow Jack as he moves off and will remain off to the side to appear separate from the others, just in case someone catches on.

Hide - (1d20+18)[35] To hide in the crowd. I believe I already rolled the disguise check from the hat. As necessary, roll any other hide checks with the +18 modifier.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

((Anyone else?))

24. - Top - End - #144

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

Just quickly add, Joshua will grab Jack's equipment before moving out. Don't want to miss that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

((Opps, forgot to make the assorted skill checks for Jack))
    Spoiler
    Show
    For Scent TrackingSurvival - (1d20+15)[27]
    Partly to act like a generic dog, partly to keep anyone from recognizing me again in dog form latterDisguise - (1d20+11)[23]

I have a spot +10 and a hide +18 if ever needed

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, leaving everything behind will suck.

K, long post.

You manage to follow, and the skeletal don't seem to mind you, though the werewolf one is missing. it takes you short time to find his scent, and you catch up in two minutes.

Zenrid stops at one point, stares at the air, then begins cursing in more ways you thought possible as he moves on, safe to assume something went wrong. soon after that event a group of skeletal kenku joins him (MM3 page 86) you assume there are two-dozen in the group. none takes special notice to you.

A single member of the skeletal kenku wears a blue robe and talks to Zenrid saying "Ravenclaw serves, what are your orders", Zenrid replys with "Escort me until new orders. don't let any officer other then Acidfang and drakewing get close. If you spot Mindrot attack him without warning."

The whole group moves on. and soon reaches one of the places you know as one of Hakim's bases. the guards are not too happy with all these undead going in there, but they allow them once Zenrid says his name.

Attempt to infiltrate the base, or had enough?

27. - Top - End - #147

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

Mindlink: What do you make of this? Should we move in or wait until tomorow?

Edited because I forgot the mindlink.
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-06-25 at 09:34 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

((Err, it'll be three days before I have a hope of seeing a MM3, and that could be overtly optimistic. What exactly do kenku look like?))

Jack

<Hmm... da guards are unsettled, a big -ol group is enter'n one our suspect's bases, I say we try and sneak! You up for enter'n a hostile area and potentially have'n to run for ya life? Fact, I got a perfect disguise! How do I look?>

With a grunt Jack shimmers and his hat briefly appears before his appearance settles into a small canine skeleton with a dagger half sunk to the hilt in his skull. disguise - (1d20+9)[15], but if Jack sees any real ally mutts in the area he'll first ask one if any of the humans give handouts.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-06-26 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Forgot signature accent

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

SolithKnightGuy

((A kenku's a halfling sized walking crow))

Joshua

Mind link We could try it, and take a quick look around. But I'm a little burned out today, that poison's still running in my system. A quick look now, then I say we take a break and see about checking it out again. If this doesn't work, I say we just make a break for it. Handle it later with a better plan. And maybe a few more of us.

Joshua shimmers briefly for a second, then his form changes to one of a human skeleton with a hood partially over its head. Ripped and stained green robes swish around it.

Disguise - (1d20+10)[23]
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-06-26 at 10:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

((aka, not something jack can disguise himself as easily. Thanks))

Jack

Mindlink: <Hmm makes sense. We'll just check quick like ta see if our buddy's inside an listen to a few rumors. Oh, and if ya got any skill as a pickpock try grabb'n a robe, weapon or what-not off 'Zenrind' Now, do we make a sneaky entrance or try brazenly walk'n straight past da guards as if we was part of that last group? Your call.>

Spoiler
    Show
    If we walk straight in no hiding needed, at least until we're past the front guards.

Otherwise enter through any convenient window, side entrance, etc that Joshua can open.
    Hide - (1d20+18)[29]
    Move Silent - (1d20+14)[30]
    +10 spot/listen

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show