New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Forgotten Forge and Byond

It was raining in sharn, and humid. You find yourself in middle travick's landing deathgate district.You wonder the sky bridges close to the little barrington district.The rain slicks the bridges and cascades from above , warm wind bushes against your face. Above though the few cracks in the sky where the towers above do not block it you see the rings of sibery's lighting the evening sky far to the south.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Forgotten Forge and Byond

The rain had begun at a most convenient time for Den, as he'd just finished a transaction and had needed to put Dentheir away for a while in any case. For now he was dressed lightly for the heat with a lightweight waxed cloak and wide-brimmed hat keeping him dry, and drab enough that his movement shouldn't draw any attention to be connected to the earlier meeting. The face and physique were those of a labourer who'd just received his pay, which was close enough to the truth. Conveniently enough Den and his face both agreed that it was a good time to be humming cheerfully.

"Farewell and adieu to you fair Thrannish ladies,
    Adieu and farewell to you ladies of Thrane..."

He would see if the rain might blow itself out, he decided, and pick up a copy of the Inquisitive and a pint in a tavern to read it with until the weather improved. With that purpose in mind he carried on along the bridges.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kyann closes his eyes as the warm breeze takes him, reminding him of who he is, and the path he has taken. He looses himself thinking of the glade he lived near, and meditated for long periods. As he opens is eyes and remembers he is in Sharn far from home and in the city. He softly says to his guide "how do we get there" pointing at the tavern a story up.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolen d'Deneith

With a grin, Rolen slaps his charge on the shoulder. "This way friend," he says loudly, not wanting to repeat himself in the rain. The Deneith scion nods in the direction of the nearby lift and starts working his way towards it.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

5. - Top - End - #5

Brimstone

With a sigh, Brimstone says to his pet "Come, Scraps, let's get out of the rain, and get you some food." With that, he and his pet go to a local tavern. Once inside, he takes up a table by the door. "Sit, i'll be back in a second. Stay, and you'll get some treats." He goes up to the barkeep, and gets a serving of whatever meat they have on stock.
    Last edited by Statistikx; 2008-04-28 at 09:04 PM.
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

Brimstone, Warforged Warlock

6. - Top - End - #6

Yomruzz frowned as the rain poured down on him, gluing long, reddish-brown hair to the visage of a rather feminine half-elf man. He wore some light leathers, and carried a small backpack through the rain. His pace was hurried, his booted feet splashing through puddles as he moved along towards the tavern. Somewhere warm and dry was all he needed, he didn't want to risk losing his only real possession to something as measly as rain, and the tavern seemed his safest bet. He still had some coin, he might buy a drink, even. He couldn't remember the last time he had a good drink, though that wasn't much of a feat, especially for him.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

The talking in the tavern grows silent and the warforged approaches the barkeep.The Drawf behind the bar gives Brimstone a disgusted look." We don't serve your kind here."A mummer of vorices gather in the room. Several people mostly human but a drawf and an few elves stand from there tables as well. Crys of "get out, we dont want your kind,and murder" start to come from the back of the room.The barkeep slaps a club into his open palm and says"You need to leave....NOW!' Someone throws a bottle and his feets it shatters on the floor the ale running across his feet. The crowd seems the be growing hostile.

8. - Top - End - #8

Kyann ponders of what type of creature the man in the armor is. Or what type of armor that the man wears. He whispers to Rolen, "Who is that man there, and why is he wearing so much armor going to a bar?
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

9. - Top - End - #9

Brimstone walkes out of the tavern, looking obviously sad, with his pet behind him. He sits with his back against the wall, playing with his mastiff. After a couple minutes, the worries seem to wash from his mind, and he looks up to notice someone lookin him over. "Hail!" he says, looking straight at the man.
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolen d'Deneith

Rolen turns a puzzled gaze upon Kyann. "Um. That's a warforged, man! Where've you been the last - I dunno - forty years?" he asks quietly as he waves politely to the warforged.

11. - Top - End - #11

Den debates with himself for a minute or so while looking over Beggar Dane's latest in the Inquisitive, then decides that, yes, he is curious enough to go after the warforged and, no, it probably won't draw too much unwanted attention. Draining his mug, tucking the paper under his arm and picking up his hat, he steps back out into the rain.

Expecting to have to go some way to find the strange construct he's surprised to see him still just outside the tavern. "Ho there, lad!" he greets him warmly, with an air of embarrassment underlying it. "Look, I'm sorry about that in there. They're not a bad crowd in general -" - Den has never been to this particular pub before - "- but, well, there's a lot of bad feeling there, more than most places, left from the war.

"Me though, well I'm a dog person through and through, and I can't think ill of anyone with so handsome a fellow at his side. I'm Gerrt. What do they call you, or what do you call yourself? And what does the boy here answer to?"

Den sticks out his hand to the warforged, his expression guileless and welcoming. He gives a nod to the elf and his guard, but is focused on Brimstone. In appearance he's a tall, dark-haired, sun-browned human man, muscled and lined as from years working in the Cogs or, more likely, the docks, who gives every sign of being only and exactly what he seems.

12. - Top - End - #12

at the sarcassticness of Rolen, Kyann speaks again " well i spent most of my life in the Eldeen Reaches, and never encontered any of those war-forged before, this is actully the first time i've been away from my home."

as Kyann looks to the warforged, well we should not be unpolite to him after all he still has a thoughts and feelings.

with that Kyann moves over to meet the warforged
    Hello there, I am Kyann and this is Rolen my guide to this place Kyann offers a friendly smile to the warforged
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

13. - Top - End - #13

Brimstone looks at the man just exiting the tavern. "Sadly, that is the case sometimes." The warforged says, shrugging "But Scraps here, he likes me just fine" he says as he scratches the large mastiff behind the ears.

"Oh, name's Brimstone" he says as he takes the hand offered. Brimstone stands at about 6'5, and is thicker than average. Scraps is just under 3', and also well built.
    Last edited by Statistikx; 2008-04-30 at 06:40 PM.

Talk about fun!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolen d'Deneith

Shaking his head slowly, Rolen follows the elf a half-pace behind and to his right, keeping his trident in a readied position. The man had an average build and height, with copper-brown hair neatly trimmed in a military fashion. He wore chainmail armor with a sap tucked into his belt. A light crossbow and bolt case combined with a mostly empty backpack complete his equipment.

He raises an eyebrow at the warforged's name, but keeps his mouth closed, allowing his charge to do the talking unless it became necessary for the soldier to speak.

15. - Top - End - #15

"Brimstone, eh? Is that a given name or a taken? Not meaning to be rude by asking, just that you don't have any smell of brimstone that I can detect. Though that might explain your poor reception in there!" 'Gerrt' laughs a little at his own feeble joke, and continues on without giving the warforged time to answer.

"Well, tell you what, I don't know if it bothers you but standing around in this rain seems a bit pointless to me. Why don't we go find a more comfortable place to get a drink, and you can tell us all about how you came by such an ominous name! I'd offer to buy you a drink, but I don't suppose there's much point, so what say I get Scraps here a bite and a bowl instead, by way of apology for the bad behaviour of the lads inside?" Den points down one of the bridges. "There's a grand old place I know down there a ways, a right cozy spot and a good stew too, which I'm sure the boy will enjoy and I expect our Eldeen friend and his guide here won't turn their noses up at either."

16. - Top - End - #16

Brimstone looks around, and says "Well, I'll show you why I'm called brimstone some time, but yes, let's get out of this rain. It gets the wood wet, and warps it" and he motions to his cart.
    Last edited by Statistikx; 2008-04-30 at 06:40 PM.

Talk about fun!

17. - Top - End - #17

The rhythm of his boots sped up as the rain grew heavier. Splashes punctuated his steps as he slashed through the puddles lining the walkway. Then his steps slowed as he neared his destination. Quite the crowd had gathered, and what an odd crowd, too. A warforged, what looked like a dock-worker, a soldier with a trident, and a puppy, all standing out under the canopy of the tavern. He came in close to the group as he headed for the entrance, trying to dry himself off in vain. "Why's everyone standing around out here?" He asked, after a moment, wiping the long brown hair out of his face. "Is the bar closed or something?" He asked.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

"The civilian here was going to lead us to a better tavern, one where the serve our... my kind."

Talk about fun!

19. - Top - End - #19

Kyann the blond haired elf standing near the hieght of a human, his robes died green and brown. Kyann then remebers of one more personWould you mind if one more comes after approval Kyann lets out a whisle and kynn holds out his hand. At once a bird comes overhead and begins to circle the group, then glide down to Kyann.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

20. - Top - End - #20

Quite the group indeed. "Sure, why not?" He shrugged. "You guys seem like an interesting bunch, and it's not like I'm going to a bar for the atmosphere. As long as I can get drunk, I'm fine with it." He chuckled. There might be a good story for his journal this evening.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

"Great! Well, let's be off then. Let me tell you, this place does the best cold ale you could want at the end of a muggy day like this."

As the group walks off Gerrt throws an arm around Kyann's shoulders. "Of course, you'll be observing the fine Brelish tradition that the newcomer buys the first round for his hosts?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolen d'Deneith

Clearing his throat loudly, Rolen shakes his head at Gerrt. "Careful, there," he says with a scowl as he nods at the man's over-comfortable arm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Keeping an eye on Gerrt. Make sure he's not taking from or leaving anything on Kyann's person.
    Perception - (1d20+5)[9]
    Deception - (1d20+7)[17]

23. - Top - End - #23

Gerrt disengages from Kyann with exaggerated haste and care. "Ah me! Forgetting my manners! Thought your man there was a guide and not a guard. Some sort of VIP then, are you? Those with the means buy two rounds - that's the tradition."

Spoiler
    Show
    No skullduggery afoot, nothing to spot.

24. - Top - End - #24

I guess I could b-u-y some drinks, shall this be sufficient to b-u-y some alekyann lifts his armor and grabs a little bag with his coinage in it. Then he grabs a handful and gives it to Rolen. I almost forgot to pay you. Is that enough money for you( I pass 5 gp to Rolen for his service )
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

25. - Top - End - #25

As the group makes is way to a dry tavern curtains of water fall from the sky as you traverse the labyrinthine walkways
    of Sharn. The stone and wooden paths wind around and between the towers
    and spires high above the ground, forming a complex latticework that can
    be very confusing on evenings such as this. The rain falls hard, running off
    higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to
    see much more than a few feet ahead of you. The distant glow of everbright
    lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on
    this warm, wet evening.

[OOC]

Ok guys I need a sight based perception check from all of ya

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+4)[9]

Don't know of any modifiers relevant to sight...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolen d'Deneith

Spoiler
    Show
    I know, Kamikasei. Just lettin' Gerrt know he's bein' watched.
    Perception - (1d20+5)[9]

28. - Top - End - #28

ill get my eagle and me to make one

mine(1d20+7)[9]
    zeels(1d20+14)[25]
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

29. - Top - End - #29

brimstone

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (d20+4)[24]

Talk about fun!

30. - Top - End - #30

Perception: (1d20+5)[17](22)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show