New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Special Unit- The Mean Streets of London: Chapter 1

12:03
    After checking if the employee knew anything about the phonecall, Alvin returned to his car and looked up the relevant satelite footage for earlier that day. He attempted to track Edward Barker, knowing when he had exited and entered both the station and the taco shop. He then retraced the killer's steps to find the cellphone he had most likely dumped. ordered a sweep of the area. That cellphone had to be around there somewhere.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-05-02 at 06:46 PM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

"You said he 'hung with the wrong crowd,' ma'am. What crowd was that?" Ian's eyes swept the room for anything that might justify tossing the flat, searching for drugs, cash, anything that would let him run her in as well. People always talk so much more freely in custody.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

The employee had heard him merely acknowledging the call by saying "Yes" a few times.

The sweep of the area would take about two hours to complete- and probably involve examining a few bins.
    ----
    "Yardies. You know, the gangsters from Jamaica. Some guy who he only called Roland".

There was a bong visible in a corner.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Luc asked "Ms Goldsmith, was Jomo ever involved in drugs?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hairb View Post
    Luc asked "Ms Goldsmith, was Jomo ever involved in drugs?"
    "Yes, that's right...".

She noticed the bong in the corner. She looked at the door and considered making a run for it.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

12:55
    As soon as the constables arrived and started sweeping the area, Alvin had returned to his car and drove to the Black Horse pub. He'd been here several times before. It used to be a hangout for firemen, but when the old owner died and his son took over they took their business elsewhere and it was now a rather notorious hangout for washed up thugs.

Dr. Cramer's contact fitted into the crowd rather well, but he was different still. The contact had been a lot of things. Arms and drugsdealer, briefly. But that was before he knew Alvin, a long time ago. He'd owned a car shop. He'd been a blackjack dealer. He always made a living selling information though, even when in between jobs.

Alvin greeted him from across the bar and asked for a cranberry juice. Nothing gets the juices flowing like a cranberry juice, Alvin thought. Alvin payed for the contact's beer and wasted no time. He wanted to know what Barker had said in the pub.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

The contact had decided to give a bit of background first.

"You know the Russians used to have a load of troops in East Germany?"

He paused to listen to his response.

"Apparently there was this arms dump near Leipzig. When the Russians pulled out- a whole load of weapons disappeared. Including about 40 Stechkins. That and a few missile launchers.

Apparently, he knew some guy who had ten of them".
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

8. - Top - End - #98

Ian shifted in his seat slightly, positioning himself to trip her if she bolted. "What about you, ma'am? Are you involved in drugs?" He looked straight at the bong.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

"Russian. That was to be expected. Any idea who his arms dealer was? You know this town inside out, you must have some clue"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Voshkod View Post
    Ian shifted in his seat slightly, positioning himself to trip her if she bolted. "What about you, ma'am? Are you involved in drugs?" He looked straight at the bong.
    "Er..."

She got up and started to run for the door.

((OOC: You know the caution right?))
    ----
    "Some guy named Matthias Schmidt. German dude. Think he was a Commie soldier. That's all I know".
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Luc shot Ian a meaningful look as he leap from his chair and tried to get himself between Goldsmith and the door. Although not as fitness-conscious as some in the GLPS, Luc was pretty quick on his feet. This silly woman, he thought, is going to get herself pulled in over possesion offences while her boyfriend's on a morturary slab for god-knows-what-reason.
    Last edited by Hairb; 2008-05-03 at 09:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Goldsmith stopped and realised she wasn't going anywhere. She considered hitting him, but that would just make things worse.

((Precise offence is possession of a Class C drug, contrary to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971))
    Last edited by Silent Hunter; 2008-05-04 at 06:33 AM.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

(((OOC: Sorry for not replying, I was busy RL, and unfortunetly I had almost completley forgotten about this site. Almost. I'm presuming as well everyone else is off somewhere else now. IC chat will converge, hopefully - I reckon no-one has their radios? Jared'll try contacting Cartlon, fail, and try ringing her mobile or something... Plus is it Calton or Carlson? I think people posted differntly, so I'm just confused as ever)))

Jared took the car to the station, parking it nearby, and taking the keys and radio with him. His other stuff was stored crudley in his pockets, since whilst there was always a rule of professionalism he probably didn't have the time, and he hoped neither would Carlton.

He found the police there working on the crime scene. He waved his badge infornt of them, before asking where the team was. They didn't know, so Jared snuggled himself back into the car and tried the radio, hiding himself from the growing sound of nearby traffic. With three replies and no answer, he resorted to calling her no her mobile. Hopefully then she would answer. He didn't know the rest of the new team that much since joining in, and so trusted carlton much more, working with herm ore regularly.

((Add. OOC: I'm also taking the assumption that this follows on some time after the events from the original game on RPOL; So in this instance, jared would be reffering to the older team - wherever they went. If this ain't right, let me nkow of course)))

14. - Top - End - #104

Ian pulled out his flexicups. "Ma'am, you're under arrest for possession of a Class C drug. You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence." He smiled. "Now, turn around and put your hands behind you."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by urscreenhere View Post
    ((Add. OOC: I'm also taking the assumption that this follows on some time after the events from the original game on RPOL; So in this instance, jared would be reffering to the older team - wherever they went. If this ain't right, let me nkow of course)))
    ((Dr. Alvin "The Flash" Cramer for one has been with the team for a long time. Thirty-two years. He's not new, so unless you were transferred, Alvin was in the team all along. You might simply have never met him, off course, but that's only likely if you've joined the team recently or have never entered the police station))

13:01
    "All right, call me if anything comes up"
    Alvin finished his cranberryjuice and exited the Black Horse. He then drove for the Mental Hospital as he checked up on Matthias Schmidt's background and current base of operations on his laptop.

At the Mental Hospital he would ask the staff what precisely the condition of Barker was, and whether they ever noticed anything peculiar about him.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Jenna Goldsmith complied.
    ----
    Matthias Schmidt, born in 1965, had been a soldier in the East German Volksarmee until German reunification in 1990.

He'd been charged with murder in 1992 and had fled the country. Interpol had a notice out on him. He was believed to be in the UK or Ireland.

He spoke fluent English and Russian, as well as his native German.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

17. - Top - End - #107

Remembering he was in a country that didn't believe in flexicuffs and their hygenic value, Ian pulled out his trusty old handcuffs. He snapped them on her wrists just a little too tight and pushed her down in the chair. "Please stay right there, ma'am, while we conduct a little search incident to arrest." He watched her eyes closely to see if they darted at any little cubby or hiding place.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Voshkod View Post
    Remembering he was in a country that didn't believe in flexicuffs and their hygenic value, Ian pulled out his trusty old handcuffs. He snapped them on her wrists just a little too tight and pushed her down in the chair. "Please stay right there, ma'am, while we conduct a little search incident to arrest." He watched her eyes closely to see if they darted at any little cubby or hiding place.
    Her eyes darted nervously towards a drawer by the telephone.

She then kept her eyes on the two officers.

((Suggest you ask for transport and a cell at the nearest police station. Special Unit HQ doesn't have cells))
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

13:33
    Dr. Cramer arrived at the Mental Hospital. There he asked the staff what precisely the condition of Barker was, and whether they ever noticed anything peculiar about him.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    13:33
    Dr. Cramer arrived at the Mental Hospital. There he asked the staff what precisely the condition of Barker was, and whether they ever noticed anything peculiar about him.
    The staff, after some checking with the higher-ups, told him that Barker had been suffering from bi-polar disorder, also known as "manic depression" to the lay person. His use of LSD had been suspected, but not confirmed.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

21. - Top - End - #111

Ian leaned in close, close enough that she could feel his breath on her cheek, smell the cigarettes. "Ma'am, we don't give a good goddamn about you, your drugs, or anything else. We have a murder. That's what we care about. You tell us everything, every bloody thing that might be important, and we try to make this easy on you. You don't and . . . ." He trailed off with a sneer and a shrug and opened the drawer she was looking at.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

The drawer was full of a substance that looked rather like cannabis. Far more than anyone would ever need for personal use.

She noticed it too.

"It's for personal use", she replied.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

13:40
    After taking copies of Barker's files and questioning most of the staff and some patients at the clinic about him, Dr. Alvin Cramer returned to his car.

He pulled a mueslibar out of the glove compartiment and slowly chewed on it as he drove towards Barker's house. Dr. Alvin Cramer was one of those people who actually did chew the hundred required times on any type of food. In fact, he was probably the only one who did that.

14:02
    Dr. Alvin Cramer arrived at Edward Barker's house and rang the doorbell.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Barker had not been particularly noteworthy at Barking Hospital, but he did some to have a nasty attitude towards certain staff members. His doctor, Dr Singh, had noted the man's attitude, but had never received any real racism from him.

There was no answer at the door. Cramer would need to contact the landlord.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

25. - Top - End - #115

"Personal use," Ian repeated, taking a small pinch of it and rubbing it between his fingers. "Ah, that's a fine smell, mon, ain't it," he said, in a mocking Jamaican accent. "Primo, mon. And a hell of a lot for personal use."

He walked back over to the woman. "You remember what I just said? Or are you too stoned to remember. You tell us everything, and this goes easy. You tell us nothing, and this goes very, very hard on you. Who's Roland? What's his number? What was Jomo doing, who was he selling to, and who wanted him dead?"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

"I ain't telling you nothing. Not without a solicitor present. I know my rights".

With that she lapsed into silence.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Alvin phoned the landlord.
    "Hello, sir, this is Dr. Cramer, I'm with the special police. I would like access to the building Mr. Edward Barker was residing in. I assume you'll come down here and let me in? It's hardly worth having me get a warrant for"

28. - Top - End - #118

Ian made a theatrical shrug. "You try to help some people . . . ." He flipped open his cell phone. "We need a Black Maria over here to pick up a body. Possession, possession with intent to distribute, she's a flight risk, maybe involved in a murder, so keep her shackled." He grinned at her.

"Gainsbourg, keep an eye on the woman while I search the place."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Hello, sir, this is Dr. Cramer, I'm with the special police. I would like access to the building Mr. Edward Barker was residing in. I assume you'll come down here and let me in? It's hardly worth having me get a warrant for"
    "Ah, Special Unit", the landlord replied. "Sorry, why do you need to get in there?"

((He knows about the suicide in Barking, but the identity of the guy hasn't been released yet. Parents are being informed, but they're currently on a business trip in Scarborough)).
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Ah, Special Unit", the landlord replied. "Sorry, why do you need to get in there? I guess it's about this morning."

He knew about the shootings, but the identities of the people hadn't been released yet. The parents were being informed, but they were currently in Scarborough on business.
    Silent Hunter
    Troper
    My blog