Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default AMEN XXIII - For every Action, there is an Evil and Opposite Reaction

Welcome to AMEN

Previous Threads:

AMEN Trophy Case:

Spoiler
    Show

Want to join? Simple::

1. Wander aimlessly in.
    2. Avoid the random AMENites/HALOers who will attempt to kill you.
    3. Poke one of the current members until they hand you the paperwork.
    4. If the aforementioned current member you poke kills you rather than hands you the paperwork, then you didn't pay attention to step 2. Repeat steps 2 & 3.
    5. Sign the mountain of paperwork, preferably in your own blood, although anyone's blood will do.
    6. Prepare to have had your non-existent soul to have been sold to whoever gave you the legalese our leader-by-default, Lord Walrus.
    7. Congratulations! You're now an official AMENite! Do random stuff! Kill people! Make things explode!

And if you're just visiting, then please do not leave muddy footprints in the base. Also, please try to avoid bleeding all over the furniture. All those who visit should be aware that AMEN take no responsibility whatsoever for any torture/evil practices/soul stealing/spontaneous combustion/death that may occur to the individual visiting. Srsly.

Disclaimer:
    AMEN is in a different reality than The Town. It is not a part of The Town, does not cross over into it, and does not follow its rules.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-05-26 at 07:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XXIII - For every action, there is an Evil an opposite reaction.

"You forgot to link to the previous thread in the index."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Belkar the Gourmet Chef" avatar by Sampi.

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: AMEN XXIII - For every Action, there is an Evil and Opposite Reaction

"Done, I think."

Now, where were we? Ah, yes. Draken's elemental..........

Meh, I'll leave you guys to deal with that."

4. - Top - End - #4

Default Re: AMEN XXIII - For every Action, there is an Evil and Opposite Reaction

"And remember to credit Uncle Festy for the thread..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Belkar the Gourmet Chef" avatar by Sampi.

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

What's happening with the secret of Phase's room?

If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

we have to wait till Phase logs on Scorchy

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

it was greek fire?

8. - Top - End - #8

((Yay! i iz hasez creditz!
    Oh, and Haruki? You might want to fix the grammar for #6 on the list. It's so much of a mess I'm not even sure what it should be anymore. kthxbi.))
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

A large, purple tornado appears in the center of the base. Out from the very depths of the tornado steps a small, fiddlin', frog. The fiddilin' frog hums a few notes before leading into a fiddlin' solo.

"Oh smack my whiskeys! I gots a pie, m'lord!

The frog then vanishes, and Cat awakes. Everything is as it was, in Phase's room.
    Last edited by Phase; 2008-04-27 at 08:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmmm... Interesting...

Tari pulls out a charm,

charm, show me what Phase has been up to in this room!

the charm should show the past week's event's it probes my mind to only show useful stuff.

If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

The charm has an error message.

SCANNING
    AREA
    TOO
    LARGE

The same would happen with any other methods of magical scrying.

The room remains. The foyer, with the sack and all members of operation S.P.R.I.G. except Uncle Festy. The room in which Uncle Festy currently sits. Two other doors, one in the center, and one to the right.
    Last edited by Phase; 2008-04-27 at 09:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

Flickerdart uses long poles to pry open both doors at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

The center door doesn't budge, but the door to the right cracks open slightly...
    Last edited by Phase; 2008-04-27 at 09:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

A crack! The door is craking open!

Haruki bursts through the door stupidly.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-04-27 at 10:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Haruki has stepped into a small, dark corridor. A flourescent light suddenly flicks on. The room is about four by twelve feet, and appears to be lok a hall of sorts. there are four doors on the left side, four doors on the right, one at the end of the hall. They all have signs on them that cannot be made out from this angle.

16. - Top - End - #16

Uncle casts Detect Magic, studying the entire room, searching for magical influence.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

17. - Top - End - #17

Haruki runs at the door at the end of the hall.

"Looks dangerous....... let's open it!"

He opens the door.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

The room in which Festy casts the spell glows slightly. The mirrors on the walls, however, glow a bright purple.
    __________________________________________________ __

The door opens, in seems to be made of Silicon. Haruki steps into a very small room, with one door at the other end. This door also appears to be made of Silicon. A large sign on the door reads:

Warning!
    Warning!
    Danger!
    No Trespassers!

19. - Top - End - #19

Uncle turns to the mirror. "Mirror mirror on the wall, what has Phase been doing in... hmm, what rhymes with wall? there's gotta be something... oh, whatever ... here?"
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

The shades in the mirror continue to traverse the glass. At Festy's question, one of the shades bangs the mirror with it's fists. It opens it's maw, driping with an unknown substance, Festy can see into the white, burning depths of the shade. It's hard to make out it's exact features, it appearing like a living shadow. The shade bangs it's fists against the mirror again, and screechs deafiningly:

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLPEEEEEEEEE!
    HAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLPEEEEEEEEEE

21. - Top - End - #21

"Who are you, and what do you want?"
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

The shade continues to bang on the mirror. More come from the sides and join the first shade. They make no mark on the mirror...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Colossus in the Playground

Flickerdart drags over a floodlight and snaps it on, pointing the dazzling beam of light at the shades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

GM walks in to the room with the mirror

25. - Top - End - #25

Uncle hefts a baseball bat, and contemplates it for a moment. "Hmm, maybe... nah, too easy." He places a hand on the frame of the mirror, keeping his hand away from the mirror itself, and says, "Legend Lore."
    ((*celebrates the awakening of the forums from their half-dead slumber*
    Uncle Festy in no way supports celebrating the awakening of anything from a half-dead slumber. Despite not supporting it, Uncle Festy reserves the right to laugh at the results))
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

The shades don not react to the lights. More come from the mirrors and pound on other mirrors around the room.

The second Uncle Festy reaches to put his hand on the glass, the shades at that mirror start shaking their heads and pounding harder. When Festy touches the glass to cast the spell, his hand begins to sink into the mirror.
    Last edited by Phase; 2008-04-28 at 08:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    He places a hand on the frame of the mirror, keeping his hand away from the mirror itself,
    ((Bolded for emphasis.
    Just because I'm a super awesome psychic ninja doesn't mean you have to godmod me into doing what I would have done otherwise. ))
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

((Smart man, I missed that, Redo!))

The second Uncle Festy reaches to put his hand towards the mirror, the shades at that mirror start shaking their heads and pounding harder. He casts the spell. Images pour into his mind, horrible images, images of terrible things, torture, mutilation, terror. The shades in all the mirrors clutch their temles and shriek in agony, before all backing away from the mirrors themselves. Festy is picked up, and thrown across the room.
    Last edited by Phase; 2008-04-28 at 08:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Being the polite Angel he tries to be (breaking and entering aside), Haruki knocks on the door and calls out.

"Hey? Anyone there? Phase? Don't make me get Chompy!"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

((Remember, Phase is still outside, lurking the halls of the main base.))

No one answers the door. A slight rumbling can be heard on the other side.