New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Divinus Profile : The New Awakening

"Welcome Vaera, we must wait for the others to appear before this meeting can start."
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Vaera

Vaera nods absent mindedly, as does his staff both of their minds are deep in the stone. The stone begins to glow brightly and it burns white hot, but Vaera endured, searching deep within it, trying to pull out the essence within.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerus arrives at the meeting supported by a Tiger in half plate and followed by a priestess. They help Cerus into a seat and take their positions beside him.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

4. - Top - End - #94

"Welcome Cerus. It grieves me to see my greatest rival brought low by such treachorous means. May i ask who this is who accomponies you?"

erothayce.tumblr.com

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

Stormthorn
    Stormthorn moves deep inside his tower, completly happy not to be bothered by any more strange gods.

((Im assuming all the gods know of his arrival, since it came in the form of several megatons worth of boom))

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

The glowing bit of black surges with power. The bird god's mind, even combined, can barely control it much less pull it completely free. Flashes of hate, fury, pain and deep wilderness pierce through his thoughts. It takes all his attention and focus to make this effort and the essence remains inverted into the shard of void.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Vaera

With a cry of pain Vaera instinctively grabs Ero, pulling his mind within the shard as well, as he spirals out of control, he begins to screech in a birdlike voice, hitting a high note that causes even the other gods ears to bleed. Its clear he cannot control his actions, so enveloped is his mind in the shard as his fascination pushes him to draw the essence forth.

8. - Top - End - #98

"What is that you have there Vaera? If it is troubling you I may be able to help." Ero sends another message to Stormthorn requesting his presence at this rather important meeting.

erothayce.tumblr.com

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

The Tiger lord stands straight, arms crossed, seeming to glare at the entire room at once. The young priestess is a bit more loose-tongued. "You'll have to excuse Mar, he isnt exactly the most sociable. I am called Tali, High Priestess of Cerus!" The excited fox girl's tail wags as she speaks.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Vaera

The skull on Vaeras staff speaks through gritted teeth. I... Need... Help... To pull... this essence.. from this stone... After that it falls silent once more, concentrating hard on the stone.

11. - Top - End - #101

Feeling his mind being drawn into the shard Ero puts up a shield of serene Law and grabs Vaeras mind as well. "We must think this through not just use raw power. Perhaps there is a sentience here that wishes to communicate. Stretching out his mind Ero searches for a sentient presence to communicate with.

erothayce.tumblr.com

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Vaera

Avius pulls Vaeras mind out and nods. Vaera looks a little upset, but understands and nods as well, and they attempt to aid Eros message.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Lilith

Finally, Mara stands in Lilith's throne room once again; the goddess has relented in her solitude.

"You are-"

"No." Lilith smiles humorlessly. "I'm not. You expected to find me weepy and in pain over the old world, yes? And then you expected to somehow use its destruction as an argument that I am not right?" The angelic Hierarch looks taken aback at Lilith's abrupt verbal assault.

"Oh yes, use, Mara. That is what you'd be doing. Taking advantage of all those deaths and twisting it to your own end. But go on; I'm in a mood to listen. I don't think you'll sway me today."

With a deep breath, the white-shrouded Mara begins, "My lady, we worried for you. You felt what happened, closely, did you not?"

Lilith smiles once again. It isn't a pleasant smile; she is taking a grim satisfaction in shocking her Hierarch. "Yes. And what of it? Somebody else took the brunt this time. You've always tried to convince me I was such an empathetic person, Mara. Can you really be sure that I care, though? When I'm not forced to feel what is happening as if I were feeling it?

"I believe that you do, yes. And that your pain is making you lash out at me, because it hurts more if you admit you care. Stop running, Lilith."

Lilith looks annoyed. "Do you want me to disprove your little theory for you? I can. And it won't be pleasant for you."

"It wouldn't matter," Mara replies, looking up to meet her mistress's eyes. "You would still only be trying to convince yourself, and me. It would be painful for both of us, in the end."

Lilith's mouth thins with displeasure. "You're walking a thin line, Mara. I think I will have a task for you soon."

Cerus's Temple

Lilith's voice remains silent as others congregate in the temple and the screams of pain vanish, but Cerus can still feel her presence, a melancholy blot in his realm.

The Meeting

Lilith fades into existence at the meeting just after Cerus does, a chair appearing with her. She is shrouded in gloom, and looks rather bored—though her gaze does slide sideways to Cerus on occasion.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

The Shard

Within the shard Ero can feel the mind of a diety. But any attempt to communicate is met with no response. The mind trapped within is a riot of shattered emotions. Pain, hate, fear, and cold consume the fractured thoughts within.
    Check out Avatar

15. - Top - End - #105

"Vaera, I told you there is a mind here. We must attempt to bring order to it to communicate with it. Bending his will to the task Ero begins to try and order the conflicting emotions and memories found in th shard. "Vaera, I will need help with this."

erothayce.tumblr.com

16. - Top - End - #106
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Vakira

Vakira appears in a flash of angry lightning, finally answering Ero's summons. His face is flush and flustered, his hair has lightened into a disturbingly clean shade of white. Both Alrael and Ten-Rays appear at his side, and just behind him a train of fifteen other Hierarchs appear, each dressed in armor crafted from the finest materials: pearl, steelcoral, stormsilk, ironwood, golden ice, and stranger things still.

"Make it quick Ero,"
    Vakira says as he glances at Vaera's apparent languish with a thin smile on his face. Alrael's eyes dart away.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

The Shard

Without the help of Vaera, Ero would likely be swept up in the ever changing tides of the tortured mind. Even with the assistance Ero finds it difficult. Many of the emotions seem deeply engrained in the nature of the essence inside and the mind itself is naturally chaotic. It is the overwhelming pain that causes the storm of mental confusion.
    But as Ero tries to clear it away, he feels the essence reach out and fight against it. It claws to keep the anguish to itself, desperately trying to keep the sorrow from being siphoned off.
    Check out Avatar

18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground

In Grex's palace
    The spark Grex threw, in addition with other divine energies form a new figure.
    Where I am? When is this place?
    (OOC:New god, Helx. Unlike Grex, Helx is very innocert and trusting. He doesn't quite know what he is supposed to do)

19. - Top - End - #109

Feeling the mind trying to pull back into itself and simultaneously fighting him Ero calls on raw divine power to draw away the suffering and anguish. With this act he also sends a mental call, "Let the anguish go. Come back to the world, mourn no more for it is doing you no good."

erothayce.tumblr.com

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Lilith

Lilith glances at Vakira as he enters, but her gaze is drawn sideways irrevocably to the black disk as the others begin to probe it. She could feel what was there, now that they were interfering with it; something she'd been protected from, something that had been taken from her.

Half against her will, she reaches out, invisible tendrils of divine energy probing towards the black shard.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

The Shard

As Ero manages to pull away some of suffering he can make out some more coherent thoughts. This is not for the good of me.
    I cannot fully protect her
    No don't!
    It could happen slowly
    Too soon! Wait!

He's not here to guide me

At this thought Ero hears a chilling soft laugh run under all the other thoughts.

Lilith
    As Ero takes away some of the pain out of the shard, the Lady of Sorrow feels again some of the deaths the Star God spared her from.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-04-29 at 11:41 PM.
    Check out Avatar

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The sea creature fealt the storm of the desert and frowned while it happened, as the creature created four incredibly large giants the work in the sea and attack the planet to create earthquakes and tidal waves. Though making sure that they would stay away from his fishmen.

He was proud of what he'd done, and then a large amount of sea water entered the meeting with sea and storm god in it.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-04-30 at 11:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Vakira in the Meeting

Vakira snarls in pain as the Sea God appears, then doubles over clutching at his head and his lungs and his stomach in turn, caught in a terrible fit of pain.

"The pounding...the pounding...there will always be that pounding. Why? Oh god. TEN-RAYS! Thunder. Thunder through the oceans,"
    he says as he stands, his eyes red and full of pulsing light. "Rush through the seas and slaughter the source of this!"

Vakira attempts to sit again as the hierarchs led by Ten-Rays disappear. Wounds open on his skin from his sympathy with the world, and divine blood pools around him slowly. He stares coldly, slowly through the room, glancing from Vaera to Stormthorn to the Sea God. At his feet, his shadow moves about and begins to slowly climb up the hem of his robes. Occasionally, his skin flashes gray and his mane turns green and fetid.

Ten-Rays and the Hierarchs

Sixteen divine figures rush through the new oceans of the world and converge on the first of four giants. Without a moment's hesitation or a thought of mercy, Ten-Rays orders the charge. Her own eyes flare with gold as she turns the primal screech of thunder into a physical javelin and hurls it. Among her retinue, a young Hiearch named Hidden Forbidden Darkwater rushes towards the injured giant and seals him deep inside the folds of the wounded planet, to remain there until he becomes a pocket of oil.

A waifish young demigoddess motions thoughfully as she examines the wound and signals for Ten-Rays to continue onwards. Gentle Lady of the Gardens remains to heal the wounds the giant's onslaught have left.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Vaera

Vaera, thinking quickly, gets an idea. Using a mote of his consciousness he summons the massive Condor that is night. He had created this being, charged with some of the divine essence of night to serve as the moon, watching over the slumbering world. The Night Condors mind reached into the shard as well, and tried to pull it out with the familiarity of night and darkness. As Vaera's attention was diverted, he saw Vakira. A strange look of horror and wonderment came over his face. He reveled in the glorious change, but he realized something was wrong. He had time only to screech a warning before the stone once more demanded his full attention. Somebody help him!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

The other gods’ attention diverted to other matters, they do not notice the twisting strands of power being extended by Lilith. Slowly, gently, almost hesitantly they reach towards the shard. As they brush against it, the moment seems to extend.
    A whisper no others can hear echoes in Lilith’s mind. The voice is cold, ruthless and mocking. “I thought you might be drawn here. Come looking for your lost sorrow? You needn’t worry. I’ll oblige.” The sound of self-amused laughter fills her ears.
    A “hand” seizes onto the power Lilith has extended. It grip tightens, freezing her from taking any actions. Through the connection comes flooding not only waves upon waves of pain and loss but hate and fear. The trapped divinus pulls on the threads of power, clawing his way out of the nonexistence he had become while dragging some of Lilith into it. For what might be the first time she feels pain that is wholly her own. The burning darkness of the night god and oblivion permeates her being. And still the pain she had been protected from rolls over her as well.
    The shard glows hot connected by a beam of mystic force to Lilith. Slowly the inverted deity within begins to claw his way out.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-04-30 at 04:08 PM.
    Check out Avatar

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Vaera

Seeing the being claw its way out, Vaera and Avius work ever harder, helping to pull the being out. The Night Condor feeds some of the energy of the New Worlds night into the god, attempting to bolster his efforts. They are all unaware of the transfer of agonies as they attempt to wrench the god from nigh nothingness.

27. - Top - End - #117

Also noticing the being climbing out Ero bends his will to helping the divinus escape the shard unknowing of the pain being caused to Lillith.

erothayce.tumblr.com

28. - Top - End - #118
    Banned

Ero sends another message to Stormthorn requesting his presence at this rather important meeting
    Stormthorn frowns upon recieving such a message. He finds cloths for himself, in cas ehe descides to go, but for for the most part isnt interested in what strange gods do.

What purpose do i have? Im a god. I suppose my purpose is to create things. To make things that are great and everlasting.

Stormthorn casts a mighty spell that drains life out of the land, causing the area of black sand to grow steadily larger, and he gathers the power together deep in his power. He will have to wait some time before it will serve any great purpose.

29. - Top - End - #119

Vakira

Vakira's eyes widen as the first titan dies, but the whole of his face contorts into a snarl of rage and pain as Stormthorn drains evermore of the planet. The shadow pooling at his feet climbs more brazenly now, and the god of nature is covered in darkness from toe to sternum.

"You. All of you. All of you are killing me. Why?" he asks, now desperate, but there is still rage in his eyes. His breathing is heavy and labored. "I will not allow this rape to continue! Call on me only when these foul new children are as bloodied as I am, covered in their own ichor!"

He storms from the meeting in an angry plume of mist, leaving the distinct smell of rotting flesh and ozone.

Vakira's Garden

Deep in the Southern Banyan of Arcadia, Vakira sits beside a clear pool with a deep green ball of something beside him on a pillar. In the pool, his shadow contorts into a reflection of Arikav.

"They'll be the death of us,"
    Akirav says, and his voice is as soft and flexible as a serpent, smooth as oiled scales. "They'll be the end of everything you made."

"They don't understand."

"They don't care to understand! They don't care how much they harm you. Have you issued the new orders to the Bureau?"

"Yes..."

"Then it will be taken care of. We need only to finish it."
    Akirav's reflection gestures towards the pulsating tangle of green on the pedestal.

"I'm so tired,"
    Vakira says, running his hands across the strange substance, changing it gently, carefully, reverently.

"I know you're tired,"
    Akirav replies, and a very real hand emerges from the surface of the water, clutching madly. Vakira tries to resist but as Akirav emerges from the reflection, Vakira sinks towards it until he feels flat, simple, and so very tired.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground

Helx,trying to find what he is supposed to do, has taken to wandering the world.