New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Spoiler
    Show
    I have so little health I feel nervous about that. I'm guessing we're going to shift through the wall here.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

If anyone has a bed roll, try to block the broken window with it. I'll light my lantern for a little heat.

3. - Top - End - #93

Watt shifts his bedroll up against the broken window.

Torches will give out more heat. We can light one of them instead, just be careful with it.

Watt pulls a torch from his backpack.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Watt doesn't have a bedroll, but the silent barbarian hands you one.

You don't feel cold any more. In fact, it's very warm. If anything, it could do with being a bit colder.

You hear a noise, as if something was tapping on the outside of the carriage, and a moaning sound - like a wordless human voice.

5. - Top - End - #95

ClericGuy

Tan puts his lantern away and grabs his mace.

6. - Top - End - #96

Erendale eases his sword in his sheath and looks out the window to try and see what's happening.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Selin stands back, holding his flail by his side, his eyes focused on the door.

8. - Top - End - #98

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharikov View Post
    Watt shifts his bedroll up against the broken window.

Torches will give out more heat. We can light one of them instead, just be careful with it.

Watt pulls a torch from his backpack.
    OK - are you lighting the torch?

9. - Top - End - #99

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Liadel View Post
    Erendale eases his sword in his sheath and looks out the window to try and see what's happening.
    there are windows on opposite sides of the carriage. The noise is coming from one of the other sides. You don't see anything unusual, just sky, desert and wall as before.

10. - Top - End - #100

SwashbucklerGuy

All of a sudden the warmth, the haze, and the return of the sickly-sweet smell are unbearable.

The tapping sound gets louder - now it's more like something thumping on the carriage wall. The moaning also gets louder. It sounds desperate, frenzied almost.

The barbarian slumps forward, as if asleep.

Kato, you see four of your companions fall to the floor. Only you and the hardy dwarf can stand the thick atmosphere.

You get a sinking feeling, as if the carriage was descending to the ground.

The smoke is making it hard to see.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

As his companions fall to the floor, Selin tries his best to stay conscious. Then he feels a sudden change in direction, and struggles even more staying on his feet. Not seeing anything, but also with no idea, what to do, he walks tries to get to Watt, who was closest to him, before the smoke got too thick to see.
    Carefully kneeling down and shaking the motionless thief, he tries to wake him again.

Watt! Come, on,wake up, bed times over!
    I don't know what's going on and I'm not going to fight whatever is lured us into this trap alone!

Spoiler
    Show

just tell me, if this is enough to wake him up, please. otherwise I'll... dunno, use a spell, I'll decide it then ^^'
    Last edited by Kato; 2008-05-06 at 05:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

SwashbucklerGuy

You can see that he's conscious and can hear you, but you're not sure what would happen if he tried to get up.

You're both sweating from the heat.

13. - Top - End - #103

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Not exactly the way I was thinking it but I'll work with it!

"Damn! If'n I remembarred getting into this sitiation, I'd be upset!" Rorik wipes his sweating brow and nose with the back of his hand.
    "Here boy!" Rorik extends one of his trademark flasks to Selin, already taking a huge swig as soon as he finished his sentence.
    "Har's to yer mother! BWAH HA HAH!" The dwarf laughs deep and loud in the hopeless situation.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Drinking? In a life and death situation such as this?
    Hehe, I#ve never known we had so much in common!

Selin takes the flask with a grateful smile and drinks a big swip of the dwarven ale.

Great stuff, thanks a lot!

'Better not tell him I still prefer some sweet elven wine over ale, maybe we'll talk it over, once we're out if here.'

Though, right now we'd better discuss what to do here.
    First me thinks, we need to consider, whats happening.
    Either this is just the common way to get in the city and we made some kind of mistake, bringing us into this situation.
    Or this really is a trap and they are either going to crash us 12 feet deep into the ground or they are waiting down there ready to cut our throats, right?
    Right... best thing might be one of us having a look outside... For one thing to guess if we're about to crash or to land. And for the other if there are some rogues waiting for us down there...

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, TC, making you stumble in the action like this ^^'

I talk too much, I know, hehe... sorry

15. - Top - End - #105

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I try to move? Can I talk?
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-05-07 at 10:12 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

SwashbucklerGuy

Can I try to move? Can I talk?
    You can certainly try either, but you're not sure whether you can manage it.

So if you do, post "I try to say something" or "I try to get up" for example, before you post what you say or do.

17. - Top - End - #107

SwashbucklerGuy

The thick smoke stings your eyes, and you feel like you're falling faster.

With a sickening crash, you stop.

One of the doors to the carriage flies open, and you dimly see a human-shaped figure. It wails, as if in terror or anguish. There's no doubt that it's the voice you heard before.

18. - Top - End - #108

I try to get up.

If I manage it, I'll draw my crossbow and move immediately behind the dwarf and cleric.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Selin coughs trying to get the smoke out of his lungs.

'Either suffocating in here or running into some attackers blade outside... hard decision to be made.'

Carefully he advances towards the door, trying to get a clearer view on the person, especially if he's armed or looking dangerous.

20. - Top - End - #110

DwarfClericGuy

"RAARRRRHGHGHRRRHRGHGH!"

Rorik screams like a madman, as loud as he can and draws his axe! Ready to jump out and split some skulls.

21. - Top - End - #111

I attempt to draw my sword.

22. - Top - End - #112

ClericGuy

Tan tries to stand up and find his mace.

23. - Top - End - #113

SwashbucklerGuy

At the dwarf's cry, the figure wails back, and disappears! The smoke pours out into the open air and you see that it hasn't disappeared, it's running away over the sands.

24. - Top - End - #114

SwashbucklerGuy

I try to get up.

If I manage it, I'll draw my crossbow and move immediately behind the dwarf and cleric.
    You manage to do all those things, although the world feels like it's spinning.

Spoiler
    Show
    you lose 1 HP

25. - Top - End - #115

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mingus View Post
    Tan tries to stand up and find his mace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liadel View Post
    I attempt to draw my sword.
    You stand up...oh, that wasn't a good idea. You lie down again. That feels much better. Very cozy, just lying here. There's even a fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    you lose 1 HP each.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-08 at 12:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Watt readies his crossbow at shoulder height and takes a half-step to steady himself as a wave of dizziness comes over him.

"I don't care what the hell that is. Damn freakish ghost..."

He takes aim and fires at the figure running off in the distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I lose 1 more HP, I'd like some kind of curing, please
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-05-08 at 02:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

ClericGuy

Tan tries to crawl out of the carriage, hopefully managing to bring his mace with him.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

I stumble forward outside the carriage and have a look around, while the unknown person runs away.

Spoiler
    Show

If I don't see anything suspicious I pull out my sling and take aim for the fleeing man...

29. - Top - End - #119

Erendale tries and crawl out of the carriage-box-thingy. Did you say that there was a fire inside?

Spoiler
    Show
    For convenience, lets assume that I prepare magic missle as my spell for the day unless I post otherwise. Forgot to say that earlier, sorry!

30. - Top - End - #120

SwashbucklerGuy

Watt readies his crossbow at shoulder height and takes a half-step to steady himself as a wave of dizziness comes over him.

He takes aim and fires at the figure running off in the distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    If I don't see anything suspicious I pull out my sling and take aim for the fleeing man...
    You don't see anything suspicious (except a box belching smoke that fell out of the sky), just the desert.

You both hit. The creature falls, apparently dead.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-09 at 06:06 AM.