New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Spoiler
    Show
    Nah I'll leave it, it was for digging visible gems and ores from the earthy parts of an underground labyrinth, not much use in a desert. I'll come along with the other guys towards that town I saw. They might have a garden I could sleep in. They'd HAVE to have a garden in the desert....wouldn't they? But how would they grow it in these water challenged areas...Never mind my prattling.
    I'm gonna go sleep in a garden.

Rorik empties his first flask for the trip. Letting it drip above his tongue.
    <"Goona be a long trip if I can't get me some more ale."> He thinks to himself.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Watt will give out a sack to anyone who needs to stuff, but suggest it all be put in one and that we share carrying it to the town.

<"How much are you planning to drink during this trip, Rorik? I need you to be standing to hide behind you in a fight.">
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-05-14 at 05:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183

DwarfClericGuy

<"Tha fact I know where I am, is testament, that I haven't drank enough!">
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

4. - Top - End - #184

Spoiler
    Show
    What happened to Erendale's rope and grappling hook

Great, another bizarre occurance. Why can't people act normally and predictably? (in response to the town, not the dwarf)
    Last edited by Liadel; 2008-05-14 at 06:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Liadel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What happened to Erendale's rope and grappling hook
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's fine, it's in your sack with the half-burned spellbook.

6. - Top - End - #186

Watt looks at the laughing dwarf and says, deadpan:

<"Okay, dwarf. As long as you remember to drunkenly stumble in front of whatever sword swings my way, I'll support you in drinking as much as you want. Hell, maybe we can even steal some gold together. You dwarves like gold, right?">
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-05-14 at 08:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Listening to Watt Selin double checks the pouch with his money...

It's not as if I don't like a good drinking, but the world is dangerous here around... and a drunken fighter is a useless fighter. Better staying alive with a clear mind then dying with a drunken, right, lads?

Then he turns his attention towards Erendale.

Who knows what these people think... Though... robbing helpless passerbys is not an uncommon act for poor people like them, is it? I'm afraid we were a little too naive with them...

8. - Top - End - #188

Spoiler
    Show
    Out of interest, how many people can understand Dwarvish in this party? Cause I've been talking in it.
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-05-15 at 01:13 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Oh, my bad... forgot... but I still have a language I have to decide on... gotta think what'd fit my character...

10. - Top - End - #190

As we draw near the town, Erendale cautiously watches for any hostile movement. Or any movement for that matter.

11. - Top - End - #191

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharikov View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of interest, how many people can understand Dwarvish in this party? Cause I've been talking in it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    from now on, everyone's speaking Common unless you specifically say so.

12. - Top - End - #192

SwashbucklerGuy

As we draw near the town, Erendale cautiously watches for any hostile movement. Or any movement for that matter.
    You see neither movement nor light.

The houses are almost identical. As far as you can see the only difference is size. They're cube-shaped, made out of some kind of mud. None seem to have windows. The doors are large and made of metal.

13. - Top - End - #193

Well, the lack of windows would account for the lack of light if everyone is inside.

Erendale looks for any distinguishing signs such as an inn or a place to spend the night.

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Steve View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    from now on, everyone's speaking Common unless you specifically say so.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I did, to be fair. I said <> was going to denote Dwarvish from now on.

Watt will carry his crossbow again and follow behind Erendale.

15. - Top - End - #195

ClericGuy

We need to find a place to rest. Should we yell? Walk up to a door and knock? All these buildings look the same to me.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's hard to tell them apart... Aren't there some... signs or something on the outside, anything which might indicate an inn or alike?
    It's probably one of the bigger cubes... We'd probably have to knock on one of the doors.

17. - Top - End - #197

SwashbucklerGuy

The doors have detailed engravings on them, but you can't tell what they're meant to mean. Each door seems to be covered in pictures: on a single door you see people, animals, ships, wheat, and patterns that don't seem to represent anything.

It's also very quiet. In fact the only thing you can hear, apart from the ever-present wind of the desert, is the distant sound of a dog barking.

It's getting dark very quickly.

18. - Top - End - #198

Erendale knocks on the nearest door with a picture of people on it.

19. - Top - End - #199

SwashbucklerGuy

Erendale knocks on the nearest door with a picture of people on it.
    The door opens. A skeleton stands in the doorway.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-17 at 11:03 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Erendale reaches to draw his sword.

Who are you, and what are you

21. - Top - End - #201

ClericGuy

Tan grabs his holy symbol and prepares to Turn Undead if the skeleton moves.

22. - Top - End - #202

SwashbucklerGuy

The skeleton looks at the holy symbol. His eyes would probably widen if he had eyes or skin.

"Oh no - TOMB ROBBERS!" he shouts in a frightened voice.

He slams the door shut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who wants to can try to do something before the door shuts.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-17 at 02:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Erendale slides his sword between the door and the doorframe, preventing it from closing to.

We have no intention of robbing you, we were only taken by surprise.

Spoiler
    Show
    How does a skeleton shout if it has neither lungs nor vocal cords?

24. - Top - End - #204

Spoiler
    Show

Genius! I'm so tempted to resolve this with another crossbow shot, but I'll try to be more diplomatic.

Watt leaps forward, attempting to prevent the skeleton from shutting the door, shouting:

"We're not robbers, we just need your help!"

25. - Top - End - #205

ClericGuy

Tan desperately wants to destroy this disgusting thing, but the voice makes him hesitate. He hides the holy symbol in his hand and holds back, waiting to see what happens.

26. - Top - End - #206

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Incidentally, you all noticed that the skeleton's pelvic structure was male. That's why I said 'he'.

27. - Top - End - #207

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course. Who doesn't check out the pelvic structure of any fine lookin' skeletons that pass by?

28. - Top - End - #208

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ock! Skeleton crotch! And everyone knows skeletons can talk, it's one of the many wonders of horrible mistress nature. Like how they can stand without muscles and the like. Let's not kill this guy, I bet he wears a lil hat and tie!

Rorik ceases picking his nose when he sees what's behind door number one.
    He stops everything actually, and then when movement returns to his short body it's in the form of a big swig.
    "Looks like thar's nothin' here! Time to go!"

The more perceptive can sense a tinge of EXTREME un-comfortability in the Dwarf's spattered words.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Wow... I didn't know Selin was this good in anatomy ^^
    Anyway, i like the idea of a town full of (friendly?) skeletons, hehe...

D'oh!
    Tan, you have frightened our new... friend... or something!

Selin yells at his fellow cleric. Then continues to whisper.
    At least friend until we get to know where this 'tomb' is, he doesn't want us to rob, hehe...

Then turning towards Roric he tries to stop the dwarf, but due to his lack of strength is dragged along.
    Roric, don't you tell me you are afraid of a dumb skeleton... It's just a bunch of bones... kept alive by the most unholy kind of magic... What would you're fellow dwarfs say, if they saw you running away like... like... *whisper* an elf?

30. - Top - End - #210

DwarfClericGuy

"They'd prolly tell me ta roon fastar from this un-natural monstar! Und ta shake off the daft fool what wants ta' keep company with it."

Spoiler
    Show
    For your sake we'll assume you're grabbing an arm or shoulder, and not the beard.

"Besides, The Shortbeards doon't fear anythin'. Anythin' fears us! I joost 'respect this gentleman's privacy'...."

He shakes Selin off, and stands where he's stopped, a few feet away from the hellions that are his comrades.