New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Spoiler
    Show

Do I appear this suicidal to you? ^^

Alright... then respect as much as you want...
    Maybe we'll later have a look aorund for a wizard, who has some bravery left for you...

Turning his attention towrds the house again he pulls open the door, Erendale stopped from closing.

My dear undead friend, we don't want you any harm. We just seek out a place to rest... Not forever in peace, but for a short while. Don't mind my friend cleric, he's a little overcautious when it comes to your kind. I promise he won't turn any undead... unless he wants to feel my flail dropped on his feet.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Quote Originally Posted by Liadel View Post
    How does a skeleton shout if it has neither lungs nor vocal cords?
    Spoiler
    Show
    You suspect magic.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-18 at 05:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213

SwashbucklerGuy

Liadel's sword clangs against the door. The skeleton wails.

He looks at Watt and Selin as they make their pitch.

"Well...all right then. I don't know. How would I know? I'm dead."

You hear noises coming from the other houses. Some of the doors start to open.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-18 at 05:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

Erendale withdraws his sword, but doesn't sheath it.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Selin looks around an skeletons seem to appear from all directions. A little fear dwells from the depths of his heart and he checks is his flail is still in place.

I'm very grateful for your trust, my dear friend.

With a slight bow he thanks the skeleton.

So... does any of these buildings happen to be an inn or the like?

6. - Top - End - #216

SwashbucklerGuy

"No...no, no inns here."

"IT'S ALL RIGHT!" he shouts to the many skeletons who have entered the street.

"FALSE ALARM! SORRY!"

The skeletons grumble and shut their doors.

You hear dogs barking again, but louder this time.

7. - Top - End - #217

So, you guys are guarding something. Thats interesting, but I imagine that it can get preaty boring after the first few decades. Is there anywhere that we could go to spend the night, or if not is there anywhere that we should not try to go.

8. - Top - End - #218

ClericGuy

Tan tucks his holy symbol away and grabs his mace. He turns to try to see where the barking is coming from.

9. - Top - End - #219

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Seems like our friend Mingus expects some sort of dog attack, from my position slightly further down thew way, can I see anything?
    (1d20)[15]
    If there's a Spot check. I also have Darkvision, 60 feet I believe. If that factors in.
    Last edited by TheCleric; 2008-05-19 at 10:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220

SwashbucklerGuy

So, you guys are guarding something. Thats interesting, but I imagine that it can get preaty boring after the first few decades. Is there anywhere that we could go to spend the night, or if not is there anywhere that we should not try to go.
    The skeletons make no reply.

11. - Top - End - #221

SwashbucklerGuy

A pack of jackals appears from around the corner.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-20 at 04:06 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222

Appears as in materializes out of thin air, as in walked around the corner, or as in their charging for our throats?

Regardless, Erendale draws his sword and prepares to cast magic missle if any of them approach with hostility.

13. - Top - End - #223

ClericGuy

Tan steps towards the jackals with mace and shield ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can we tell how big the pack is?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Selin readies his flail and had a look around, if there are jackals coming from other directions as well.

15. - Top - End - #225

SwashbucklerGuy

Appears as in materializes out of thin air, as in walked around the corner, or as in their charging for our throats?
    They walk around the corner.

16. - Top - End - #226

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Selin readies his flail and had a look around, if there are jackals coming from other directions as well.
    You can't see any.

17. - Top - End - #227

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mingus View Post
    Can we tell how big the pack is?
    Looks like there's about six of them.

18. - Top - End - #228

DwarfClericGuy

"WAAAOOOOOOOOOO!" Rorik explodes into the quiet night air with his blood scream, drawing his axe (first move action?) and charging down the street (second move action, and as close as I can get with my given base land speed if it's not close enough to attack.)

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Selin moves forward to stand as close to Rorik as possible, so they can support each other. If I am close enough to attack, I'll try.

20. - Top - End - #230

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Watt, I need to know what you're doing before I can give you guys the next bit.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, wanted to see your replies before I posted, but wasn't able to get on till now. Considering that I've got it out, I'll shoot wiht the crossbow, unless anyone is eager that I don't.

Watt stares at the furthest jackal and takes a shot at it.

22. - Top - End - #232

SwashbucklerGuy

"WAAAOOOOOOOOOO!" Rorik cries, and runs at the jackals as fast as his stumpy little legs will carry him.

Rathous also screams and charges into the fray. A jackal leaps at his throat. They meet with a crash, and fall to the ground in a frenzy of fang and sword.

A jackal eyes up Erendale. Erendale raises his hands and for a second it's as bright as day. A magic missile hits the jackal, who howls and retreats.

"WAAAOOOO." Rorik rests for a minute, then continues charging and screaming.

Three jackals jump to the aid of their companion. They fall on the barbarian, and their fangs quickly find a gap in his armour, and his throat.

Erendale, distracted, doesn't notice the other jackal leaping at him. Watt shoots his crossbow, but the bolt whistles just over his head. The jackal knocks the elf to the ground, and he too breathes his last.

In shock, Tan and Selin's weapons find nothing but the night air.

"waaaaooooooo". Rorik reaches the jackals. He swings his axe feebly at one, which leaps nimbly out of the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    OK - the two of you whose characters died, roll up a new character in the interest thread, and I'll work them back in once you're done.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-22 at 01:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233

ClericGuy

Tan moves to protect the nearest body from the jackals.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Erendale!!! Rathous!!!Selin also leaps forward, swinging his flail towards the jackal which attacks Erendale.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh my... already two of us died... that's bad -.-***

Anyway, I think I need to roll, right?
    So, let's try if it works this time
    (1d20)[6]
    And in case I hit for my heavy flail (1d8)[1] for damage

25. - Top - End - #235

Spoiler
    Show

Before we act, can you give us an approximation of our location in relation to the jackals and the enviroment?

26. - Top - End - #236

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I was actually going to kill Rathous later tonight (in game night) and take his stuff, but that'll do.

27. - Top - End - #237

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharikov View Post
    Before we act, can you give us an approximation of our location in relation to the jackals and the enviroment?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic D&D is much less precise about things like that compared to d20. You're on a street, houses on either side, it's pretty wide - back the way you came it's open desert. Everyone else is close to the jackals because they struck with a hand-to-hand weapon, you're not because you shot your crossbow.

28. - Top - End - #238

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, I was hoping I could grab Erendale's bow and quiver before doing this but I guess I can't. I'm going to climb up the wall of the nearest house so I can shoot from the roof in a safe position. I think other people should try to barricade themselves behind something or move into a house, so that they only have to fight a few at a time.

Climbing roll
    (1d100)[75]

EDIT: Which is a success, by the book.

Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-05-23 at 09:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You can try and grab any equipment from either of them.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-23 at 11:41 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240

Spoiler
    Show

But not without placing myself under serious threat from the jackals, I presume. Given that I currently have 4 health, not a great idea. If I run out of ammo, I can always try for a distraction and grab later.
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-05-23 at 12:30 PM.