New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

I hate to say it because you'd have to do more work on a class you've already revised a lot, but he has a point. Probably the best way to incorporate that would be treating all of the white mage abilities the summoner currently gets as a template applied to the base summoner class, then pull abilities from other classes and match them to the same progression. A white mage class would also be useful here to make it make a little more sense and ensure the party has a healer when the summoner uses black magic instead of white. Of course, no summoner should be as good as the class they borrow abilities from at what that class does.

You know what, if you don't want to do all that extra work, I don't think anyone here will hold it against you. You've already done such an awesome job with this. I can be content with the summoner as-is.
    Characters:
    None right now!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

What I meant was, from the game it seems like "summoner" should be a template added to a base character (such as White Mage, Yuna) like a vampire, lich, ghost, or half-dragon template can be added to a regular PC or NPC. Not everybody could be a summoner, the way you have it makes it seem like anybody could get just a touch of summoning ability. My thought, being able to "Summon" should be a special thing (hence to reference to adding a template to a base class and character).

Someone such as Seymour, who seems like a Black Mage, could have taken a 1 lvl dip into your summoner class and have given him the necessary skills to use Anima. But then, why didn't Lulu, who seems just as capable (if not more), take a dive into it and get a little summoning mojo going on?

Yuna, to me, just seems like a normal white mage (at least according to her area of the sphere grid) that was graced with the skills to summon, and I don't think this had to with other people's fear of giving their lives just to defeat Sin. That's why it just seemed to me like "Summoner" should be a template that can be added to any class with some form of penalty in addition to the hassle of going to temples to acquire the summons themselves.

You can make it so the class inately has some way to balance the power of the aeons, but it just seems like a clumsy way of handling it, along with making anyone that wanted healing skills jump through hoops to get them and then have a bit of summoning as a perk.

I just had a thought about how annoying it would be to me, personally, to not have a class that could heal from the get-go. It just seemed to me like your summoner class was an unhealthy mix of a "summoner" and "white mage"

It's just a thought.

Like Dar said, you're doing an INCREDIBLE job, but this one thing just seems to stick out like a sore thumb. I know this class has had a lot of revising, but I just think you could do it better than is right now.
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-06-22 at 12:40 AM.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daracaex View Post
    I hate to say it because you'd have to do more work on a class you've already revised a lot, but he has a point.
    I don't mean any disrespect to Sir Shadow, but he does not have a point. This summon template this is a bad mechanic, in as much as the current situation does not warrant it, & the results would not be more satisfying. The situation he mentions is solved by everyday, run-on-the-mill multi-classing. Let's run some examples, just to illustrate the issue:
    • Seymour is obviously a powerful Black Mage, but can summon Anima.
    • Mi'ihen was a famous Summoner who once defeated Sin, but appears to have been a rather martial figure.
    • Ohalland was another famous Summoner, who also once defeated Sin, but was also a famous blitzball player for the Kilika Beasts.

The solution to all of this perceived incongruity is simple: MULTI-CLASSING. Seymour? Summoner 1/Black Mage 4. Mi'ihen? Summoner 1/Pugilist 5 (or Ronin, or Lancer, or even Crusader). Ohalland? Summoner 1/Blitzer 6. There, now all of those characters can summon any Aeon that they unlocked, without any pesky healing abilities mucking up their character concepts. Trust me, that was one aspect of the class design I thought about before I ever started posting this project.

Also, there's no reason to mess with the Summoner class; it already has few enough combat options. Removing the summoning ability would leave a player with a Summoner PC nothing to do other than heal/shield her allies every round until she got Holy. Summoning at least makes this normally non-combative class interesting to play, & elevates them above NPC classes. A white mage who can't summon is a glorified Adept, & almost nobody would want to play one.

You know what, if you don't want to do all that extra work, I don't think anyone here will hold it against you. You've already done such an awesome job with this. I can be content with the summoner as-is.
    This is most good, because I'm not changing it unless someone have a better argument to do so.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Just so everyone knows, I posted Blitzball in its own separate thread, just so it would attract even more critical attention. I stated why in the first post of that thread.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-07-22 at 11:58 AM. Reason: changed font

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    • Seymour is obviously a powerful Black Mage, but can summon Anima.
    • Mi'ihen was a famous Summoner who once defeated Sin, but appears to have been a rather martial figure.
    • Ohalland was another famous Summoner, who also once defeated Sin, but was also a famous blitzball player for the Kilika Beasts.

The solution to all of this perceived incongruity is simple: MULTI-CLASSING. Seymour? Summoner 1/Black Mage 4. Mi'ihen? Summoner 1/Pugilist 5 (or Ronin, or Lancer, or even Crusader). Ohalland? Summoner 1/Blitzer 6. There, now all of those characters can summon any Aeon that they unlocked, without any pesky healing abilities mucking up their character concepts. Trust me, that was one aspect of the class design I thought about before I ever started posting this project.
    um. This. Is. My. Point. Exactly. At the moment, summoning is too easily accessible. Anybody can take a one level dip and find an aeon, while in the game it seems like a much harder ordeal. Let's say a character gains a level in a city with a cloister. Since he's there he can just take a quick summoner level and run in the cloister. While it may be a little difficult to get the aeon, it's doable. And for what? "oh no, I just lost one level of my main class and disrupted by BAB progression, but hey! I have an emergency situation meatshield!"

If this is the case, why did only Yuna become a summoner (and don't say "everyone was afraid of dying" or "they all had mental probelms" or some other such rot). Why weren't there whole PACKS of summoners going from cloister to cloister just to make sure at least ONE of them reached Sin? I'm just trying to be true to the game. Also, you're forcing anyone that WANTS Cure to have to go through to at least lvl 3 before they get anything.

What I'm saying is, this summoner is getting something that really does outstrip what other classes get at lvl 1. Sure, you can still try and attack the summoner, but c'mon what's to stop every character in this setting from having an aeon to summon in emergencies?

This is why i said it should be a template since I thought it would be easier than having a summoner PrC (although I dunno, maybe that would work even better).

You're arguing that nobody would want to play a white mage? Since nobody's written one for this setting, we don't really know, do we? Give the white mage a medium BAB (since at least in my game, Yuna always did more damage than rikku or lulu, and I'm still arguing she's a White Mage at heart) and stick a nicely enhanced staff in their hands (mine had poison and silence, status effects ftw!), and I think they'll still be a decent presence in a fight when they aren't being a heal/buffer bot.

I know you are the creator and you have final say. I'll eventually (one or two more posts) give up in the argument if it goes nowhere, unless I see something you say that I really feel needs a response.
    Last edited by Sir Shadow; 2008-06-22 at 09:01 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

this may just be a bit of inane rambling on my part but I think that I know a way to satisfy both of your needs.

I suggest switching cure and summon, as far as levels, gaining the ability to cure allies at 1st level and the ability to summon at 2nd level. Afterward, I suggest increasing summons per day every 4 levels afterwards (2/day at 6, 3/day at 10, 4/day at 14, and 5/day at 18).

Although this goes against canon (yuna was able to summon the moment you got her), this makes sense for a variety of reasons.

First of all, it gives the summoner something to do. As is, unless the 1st level summoner is using their one summon per day, they are just sitting by the sidelines watching the show. With this change, the summoner already has an ability by the time that they learn how to summon. Therefore, even when they only have 1 summon per day, they will already have something to do otherwise.

As for your problem, shadow, this solution seems to satisfy your main criteria. First of all, your concern of someone just saying a couple of prayers to get an aeon is nullified. Now, someone has to dedicate themselves to prayer (2 levels) before they can unlock the power to summon, something beyond the normal capability of the average shmoe.
    Secondly, you point out that we have had black-magish and fighterish summoners in the past. As Zeta Kai has stated, multiclassing seems to fit your description. Every summoner, regardless of archtype, is assumed to have enough devoutness and faith to warrant the 2 levels of multiclassing into summoner. However, at the same time, this multiclassing is not so easy that anyone could do it.
    This might not fix the problem completely but I believe it is a step in the right direction. (if this doesn't work, you could up the level at which you gain summoning to 3rd, moving esuna down to 2nd level).
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2008-06-22 at 11:38 AM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    this may just be a bit of inane rambling on my part but I think that I know a way to satisfy both of your needs.

I suggest switching cure and summon, as far as levels, gaining the ability to cure allies at 1st level and the ability to summon at 2nd level. Afterward, I suggest increasing summons per day every 4 levels afterwards (2/day at 6, 3/day at 10, 4/day at 14, and 5/day at 18).

Although this goes against canon (yuna was able to summon the moment you got her), this makes sense for a variety of reasons.

First of all, it gives the summoner something to do. As is, unless the 1st level summoner is using their one summon per day, they are just sitting by the sidelines watching the show. With this change, the summoner already has an ability by the time that they learn how to summon. Therefore, even when they only have 1 summon per day, they will already have something to do otherwise.

As for your problem, shadow, this solution seems to satisfy your main criteria. First of all, your concern of someone just saying a couple of prayers to get an aeon is nullified. Now, someone has to dedicate themselves to prayer (2 levels) before they can unlock the power to summon, something beyond the normal capability of the average shmoe.
    Secondly, you point out that we have had black-magish and fighterish summoners in the past. As Zeta Kai has stated, multiclassing seems to fit your description. Every summoner, regardless of archtype, is assumed to have enough devoutness and faith to warrant the 2 levels of multiclassing into summoner. However, at the same time, this multiclassing is not so easy that anyone could do it.
    This might not fix the problem completely but I believe it is a step in the right direction. (if this doesn't work, you could up the level at which you gain summoning to 3rd, moving esuna down to 2nd level).
    Actually, switching Cure and Summon ruins the second point (black mage summoners, fighter summoners, etc.)

Here is what I'd propose if you want to make the Summoner more universal rather than a replication of the specific path Yuna chose: replace the white magic abilities with a "Special Ability" like the Rogue. Make the options for those special abilities include black magic, white magic, and martial boosts (perhaps even an increase in base attack bonus and fortitude and some other minor benefit). Also, give the higher-power magics prerequisites, obviously.

Anyway, I'm personally fine with it, as-is, aside from the ease of having an Aeon as Shadow pointed out. This is just a possible option to toy with (though I'd agree multi-classing works better aside from the ease of obtaining Aeons dilemma).
    The Laughing Man
    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
    I am Jack's colon.
    "I get cancer. I kill Jack."

8. - Top - End - #188

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Penance View Post
    Actually, switching Cure and Summon ruins the second point (black mage summoners, fighter summoners, etc.)

Here is what I'd propose if you want to make the Summoner more universal rather than a replication of the specific path Yuna chose: replace the white magic abilities with a "Special Ability" like the Rogue. Make the options for those special abilities include black magic, white magic, and martial boosts (perhaps even an increase in base attack bonus and fortitude and some other minor benefit). Also, give the higher-power magics prerequisites, obviously.

Anyway, I'm personally fine with it, as-is, aside from the ease of having an Aeon as Shadow pointed out. This is just a possible option to toy with (though I'd agree multi-classing works better aside from the ease of obtaining Aeons dilemma).
    *Facepalm* Does anyone listen to what I say around here?

I propose we halt debate on this subject and anyone who feels the need can homebrew the changes in themselves.

Now about RoC's comment: I totally agree with that particular change. I'd rather be able to heal my allies for a level or two without summoning than have to sit on the sidelines and wait for that one moment in the day that I can bring out my big gun.
    Characters:
    None right now!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

*Facepalm* Does anyone listen to what I say around here?

I propose we halt debate on this subject and anyone who feels the need can homebrew the changes in themselves.

Now about RoC's comment: I totally agree with that particular change. I'd rather be able to heal my allies for a level or two without summoning than have to sit on the sidelines and wait for that one moment in the day that I can bring out my big gun.
    Facepalm yourself. -_- Not only do I not appreciate the condescending attitude, but your suggestion was not clear in the least. Layering the summoner on as a "template" is vague at best and is not even what I suggested (so it's not as if I ignored what you said only to suggest it myself). I suggested making the other classes possible sub-paths for the summoner class.

As for halting debate, that's incredibly pointless. The entire point of this thread is to discuss the mechanics to balance them and redesign them to make them both more appropriate to the D&D game as well as the FF-X world and flavor.
    Last edited by Dark-Penance; 2008-06-23 at 01:46 AM.
    The Laughing Man
    "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
    I am Jack's colon.
    "I get cancer. I kill Jack."

10. - Top - End - #190

ElfMonkGuy

I'm sorry, I was going for humor, not condescension...

It was Sir Shadow who had the idea of the template. I don't agree with that because it really makes no sense (it'd make any summoner more powerful than the other classes). What I suggested was making all the white-magey abilities a template and make more templates for the other classes to go onto the base summoner class. In other words, exactly what you said: make sub-paths based on the other classes. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I'm really just trying to avoid argument. That's why I suggested the heated debate stop. Just because this is the internet doesn't mean we can't be polite.
    Last edited by Daracaex; 2008-06-23 at 02:08 AM.
    Characters:
    None right now!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

I hate to keep this argument going, but I think I might have a way to deal with the problem SS was talking about, with summoning being too accessible. My answer is mostly through flavor. That was why FFX didn't have packs of summoners: the flavor of the world didn't have that. My idea is that, in addition to having to deal with multiclassing to get summoning, adding a flavor-based restriction to just the Summon ability. Yuna seems to have spent a fair amount of time as an apprentice summoner, learning Yevon's teachings and such, much like Divinity School (but with something way cooler than a diploma when you graduate). So maybe say that, if a character is multiclassing into the Summoner class, they must spend some large amount of game time, maybe a game year or so, learning a whole lot of stuff that really just isn't going to provide any benefit. If they skip out on this, they can keep multiclassing in the Summoner class, but they don't gain the Summon ability. They can get all of Yuna's spells, but until they spend a large chunk of time learning about Yevon, they can't summon an aeon. A character who is a summoner from the start is assumed to have gotten this out of the way as part of becoming a 1st-level summoner.
    That would keep a character of a different class who gained a level in Besaid from deciding to gain his new level in summoner, running to the cloister, and grabbing Valefor, as SS was describing. Only the devout can become complete summoners; everyone else has to settle for white mage.
    Hopefully that all made sense and seemed like a good control to keep summoners from overrunning the world.
    Last edited by Odravan; 2008-06-23 at 06:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

ElfMonkGuy

Probably not a good fix. There could be different circumstances under which training is undergone. For example, maybe the person went through the training but has yet to summon an aeon. First level of summoner is taken when he/she finally does it. If you remember, Yuna had to try a few times.

Also, the game isn't going to wait for anybody to train for months or years for the sole purpose of taking one level in another class. Remember, first and foremost, this is a game. The game must come before "what makes sense" in this case.
    Characters:
    None right now!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

To be honest, I never intended for anyone to spend the actual game time training. The idea of the massive game time required with no useful output until you can finally summon was to keep people from getting summoning at all unless they started in the Summoner class. It was designed as a barrier to make non-Summoners give up on the idea of obtaining Summon altogether.
    I didn't necessarily intend for my exact idea to be the fix, but I was thinking more along the lines of just making some unreasonable demand of a non-Summoner and tying it to flavor to keep summoning out of everyone's hands and thus kept in check. Thus Lord Oholland or Lady Yocun would be the extremely dedicated characters who actually went through the tedious requirement to multiclass as true summoners, and exceptions to the norm.

14. - Top - End - #194

It was Sir Shadow who had the idea of the template. I don't agree with that because it really makes no sense (it'd make any summoner more powerful than the other classes).
    Um... no? all templates have penalties, such as Level Adjustments and weaknesses among other things.

15. - Top - End - #195

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shadow View Post
    Um... no? all templates have penalties, such as Level Adjustments and weaknesses among other things.
    I didn't see any in your post...
    Characters:
    None right now!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

And Ohalland. Don't forget Ohalland. He was a Blitzer/Summoner. =D

On the Blitzer "Slots" Overdrives, you may want to do a teeny bit of rewording.

"...then re-roll any 1 or 2 die, if you wish."

Once you read it a bit the meaning becomes obvious, but the first couple of times I thought it meant to re-roll any die showing a 1 or 2. I can imagine it confusing people at first (Assuming they eventually figure it out at all), so maybe you might reword it...?

[EDIT] I forgot to read page 7. Ergo, this post may be full of idiocy and is obviously out of place. For those who care to know, I typed it thinking the end of page 6 was the last of the thread, and I haven't read page 7 yet, so I'll go do that...
    Last edited by Soup of Kings; 2008-06-24 at 12:19 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

First crappy homebrew, the Arcane Gambler PrC. PEACH please!

Second crappy homebrew. Click here if you want alignments to be more confusing.

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" -Auron, Final Fantasy X

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Look, here's my final word on this Summoner discussion. Alright, Sir Shadow, you think taking a level in Summoner is just too easy, & that there's no reason why anyone wouldn't take a dip in it so they could get an Aeon. Let's really look at what you actually get for that 1 level:
    • Poor BAB. Half the time, you get no attack bonus at all. Non-casters are already feeling the hurt here.
    • Good Will Save. Not bad, but most non-casters would be better off with Fortitude or Reflex bonuses, & won't want to neglect those for a single level.
    • 2d6+8MP. Pretty good, an average of 15MP; in fact, this is the best MP progression in the game (tied with Black Mage). But all other PC classes get 1d6+4MP, which works out to an average of 7.5MP, so it's debatable whether or not that extra 7.5MP average would be worth it.
    • 4 + Int skill points. Better than a Ronin or a Black Mage, on par with a Pugilist or a Lancer or a Blitzer, worse than a Bandit. A 2-skill-point advantage isn't anything to write home about, though, even for the Ronin & the Black Mage.
    • Summon 1/day. Here's the real meat. Once per day, you can call down an Aeon to fight for you. You have to spend a standard action each round to maintain control of it, & you have to remain within 30’ of the Aeon at all times, so your own actions are cut almost in half while it's out on the field, unlike other summoning spells. The summon lasts until the encounter ends (how long is a typically encounter, according to WotC? About 3-5 rounds). Summoning is a full-round action that provokes AoO, so it can only be done from the sidelines of a battle anyway. And on top of all that, that Aeon gets a fair share of the XP for that battle, too (now he's cutting into your allies' pie).

Now do you see what I mean? This isn't a game-breaking power when you sit down & noodle it out. Sure, that Aeon is big, bad & tough, dealing death all around while it lasts, but it doesn't last long (only until that encounter is over), & can only be used once per day (5th level & above is when you can use it twice/day or more). And this assumes that you have an Aeon to summon at all. Each Aeon needs to be unlocked, which means it is up to the DM whether you can even find a sarcophagus. To unlock one, you still need to make a Spellcraft check (DC = 10 + the Aeon’s HD), & Spellcraft isn't a class skill for most people. I think that you may have glossed over the many restrictions & safeguards that I wrote into summoning to protect against instant pwnage, & therefore you might be overestimating it's power level. A simple, detached assessment of the summoning mechanic leaves me with the sense that it is not problematic in any major way, & only gets really powerful at higher levels, after serious character investment, when it should be so.

But that's all crunch. Let's talk about fluff. What's preventing anyone from dedicating their lives to being a fighter who can also summon an Aeon? Nothing really, I suppose. But it's pretty much stated that the only reason any one becomes a Summoner is to defeat Sin. The only reason anyone becomes an Aeon is to defeat Sin. The relationship between a Summoner & an Aeon is something akin to a master/slave relationship: the Aeon can only trust that the Summoner is going to use their power well. Both the Aeon & the Summoner are only in their roles because a certain world-saving desperation; without Sin, there would be no need to do what they do. The Summoner is trained by Yevonite priests to go on these pilgrimages, which are essentially protracted suicide missions. I'd say the reason people don't flock to being Summoners is that most people aren't eager to sign up for guaranteed death at the end of the road, & the Yevonites don't train those people that just want the power of wielding an Aeon for kicks. As a DM, if I thought my players' Summoners were using their Aeons for personal aggrandizement, I'd give the Aeons a Will save to resist the Summoners' control every round that they weren't being used to bring down Sin.

And your template proposal isn't a horrible idea per se, but it has 3 key problems that ultimately doom it:
    • What is it about certain people that makes them eligible to be Summoners? Alignment isn't enough. Earned stats won't work because Summoning would absolutely have to be gained at very low levels to make any sense at all (I'm really against moving Summoning to 2nd level or higher, as it is against the source material, & it makes for Summoners who can't summon for some time; fighters can at least swing a sword, if not overly well).
    • What abilities do White Mages get to compensate for the removal of Summoning? And you have to think from the perspective of a player. Before you go & say "more heals" or "more buffs" You have you ask yourself, as a player: Would you play this? Would you, as a player, slog through 19 levels of healing, buffing, & hiding behind your allies, all so you can get Holy as your capstone? If you had summoning, that question isn't so hard. But if your a White Mage, without a single offensive capability, that's a debate at each & every class level. Clerics can hit like a bard, a monk, or a rogue, & they can wear armor; a theoretical White Mage can do neither, & is (like I said earlier) effectively a glorified Adept in a fight. Nobody minds the White Mage in a video game for a simple reason: the White Mage isn't your only character. You're playing the fighting fighter too, & the blasting Black Mage, & the leaping Lancer. You don't mind having a tag-along, limp-noodle White Mage because you're playing all of the other characters, so you don't mind that the only thing they can do is cast Cure on themselves from the back row. In an actual D&D experience, where you have 1 PC to work with, being forced to play the healbot every round of your career is hard to swallow (which is why WotC has never made a heal-only class, despite numerous opportunities; it's not like it never occured to them, they just discarded it as a bad build). If you want an authentic gaming experience as a White Mage, play the original Final Fantasy NES game with 4 White Mages, then tell me if you think the average player would have fun.
    • Lastly, how does the Summoning ability increase in power, as a template? You can't just let people pick it up & start using it 5 times per day, but how do you stop them? If you make it X-times-per-day based on BAB, then it high-level fighters & barbarians would be foolish not to try & pick it up. If it's based on Will Saves, you get high-level casters clamoring for it. This is a design issue that I see no easy way out of, whereas the current situation runs just fine, given certain wild presumptions aren't made (which is basically my whole argument, in a nutshell).

Ultimately, this debate is pointless, as I am not redesigning the Summoner class at this point (unless someone finds a must bigger problem with the design). You are all cordially invited to homebrew your own versions of the Summoner/White Mage, according to your own personal tastes. This is a discussion that is taking time away from writing/editing/posting/revising/correcting other aspects of this project, as well as working on other projects, all at a time when I thought I'd worked summoning to death a month ago. I've done the best job I know how to create a balanced class that is enjoyable to play, accurate to the source material, & follows D&D class design. If I can't convince you that I designed the class the way I did for a whole host of valid reasons, then there's nothing more to say.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2009-05-24 at 02:30 PM. Reason: adjusted MP

18. - Top - End - #198

ElfMonkGuy

As much as I'd like to let this go, RoC's comment still stands. How many encounters are there in one day? Usually more than one. Let's be generous and call it 3. For a summoner's entire first level, she cannot participate in two of those three battles because she can't do diddly squat without her aeons. And then once she gets her healing abilities, she does exactly what you said nobody likes to do for four levels. Quite a few sessions in the future, she hits level five and is now not having fun for only one of those three battles on that particular day. This is making playing a pure summoner pretty infuriating for anybody who isn't content to constantly have to buff and heal their allies.

I don't mean to bag on your project or make things harder for you, but while i personally wouldn't mind playing healer all the time as long as I'm having an influence elsewhere, in the role-playing sections, others will be lured to the summoner class for the awesome ability to summon Aeons and find out once they're in that they're pretty useless most of the time until 1st level, when they can then play the bandage-box for the rest of the party (wow that was a long sentence). You don't have to do this alone. Let us and we can help you make this already-awesome project rise off the charts.
    Characters:
    None right now!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

You wanna help with this project? Here's how you can help. I've been swamped working on this whole thing, & now I could use some assistance. I have some basic ideas for the Locations section, but it is far from polished. Any fluff or crunch you can provide would be appreciated, as long as it does not violate the source material's canon. To help ensure that people understand the source material, I've provided a link for each location entry. Please help fill in the blanks here, as this portion of the project probably needs the most assistance. I will be contributing to this section when I can, & all contributions will be credited. Thank you.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Locations in Spira
    Zanarkand (ECL 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Population: 3,200,000 (Metropolis)
    GP Limit: 60,000,000GP
    Alignment: N
    Notable Locales
    • The Blitzball Stadium (400’ (80 squares) in diameter, 175,000 seat capacity)
    • The Skyway (partially-floating highway roads; mainly used for automated traffic)
    • The Water Arc

Enemies

Al Bhed Territory (ECL 2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Notable Locales
    • The Pool of Geosgaeno
    • Baaj Temple (contains Anima’s sarcophagus, which is magically sealed; only a Summoner who has recovered the hidden items in each of the 6 cloisters can unlock it)
    • The Dome Ruins

Enemies

Besaid (ECL 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

Population: 225 (Hamlet)
    GP Limit: 100GP
    Alignment: NG
    Notable Locales
    • The Lagoon
    • The Besaid Aurochs’ Tent
    • The Crusaders’ Lodge
    • The Textile Shops
    • Besaid Temple (contains Valefor’s sarcophagus, which is magically sealed behind a Cloister of Trials)
    • Besaid Falls
    • Besaid Ruins
    • Besaid Pier

Enemies

S.S. Liki (ECL 4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ship Statistics
    • Theurgeme Class propeller ship
    • Crew: 6
    • Decks: 3 (not counting the crow’s nest)
    • Size: Colossal
    • Seaworthiness: +2
    • Ship Handling: +2
    • Speed: 35’ (3½ mph, good)
    • Overall AC: -3
    • Hull Sections: 28 (7 sections to sink)
    • Section HP: 150 (hardness 6)
    • Section AC: 3
    • Ramming Damage: 4d6
    • Mounts: 4 light, 2 heavy, ram (only 1 ballista & ram in place)
    • Dimensions: 70’ L Χ 20’ W Χ 10’ H
    • Complement: 34
    • Minimum Watch: 1
    • Cargo Capacity: 50 tons (half speed = 20’ (2 mph, poor)), 100 tons maximum
    • Price: 80,500GP

Ballista Statistics
    • Size: Huge (mount type light)
    • Type: Heavy Crossbow (direct fire)
    • Firing Penalty: -4 (medium size person), -6 (small size person)
    • Dimensions: 5’ L Χ 5’ W Χ 4’ H
    • Weight: 400 lbs
    • Crew: 1 (half reload time for 2)
    • Reload
      • Full-round action & DC10 strength check to wind to half-cocked
      • Full-round action & DC10 strength check to wind to fully cocked
      • Full-round action to load the bolt
      • Normal rate of fire is 1 shot every 4 rounds (or 2 rounds with 2 men)
    • Damage: 3d8 (19-20 critical)
    • Range Increment: 120’
    • Price: 500GP

Enemies

Kilika (ECL 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Population: 1,350 (Small Town)
    GP Limit: 800GP
    Alignment: CG
    Notable Locales
    • Kilika Harbor
    • The Beast Bar
    • The Kilika Inn
    • The Rubble Piles
    • The Bay of Bodies
    • Kilika Jungle
    • Kilika Temple (contains Ifrit’s sarcophagus, which is magically sealed behind a Cloister of Trials)

Enemies

S.S. Winno (ECL --)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ship Statistics
    • Theurgeme Class propeller ship
    • Crew: 4
    • Decks: 3 (not counting the crow’s nest)
    • Seaworthiness: +2
    • Ship Handling: +2
    • Speed: 35’ (3½ mph, good)
    • Hull Sections: 28 (7 sections to sink)
    • Section HP: 150 (hardness 6)
    • Ramming Damage: 4d6
    • Mounts: 4 light, 2 heavy, ram (only ram in place)
    • Dimensions: 70’ L Χ 20’ W Χ 10’ H
    • Complement: 36
    • Cargo Capacity: 50 tons (half speed = 20’ (2 mph, poor)), 100 tons maximum
    • Price: 80,000GP

Luca (ECL 6)
    Spoiler
    Show

Population: 9,700 (Small City)
    GP Limit: 15,000GP
    Alignment: LG
    Notable Locales
    • Luca Cafι & Bar
    • The Blitzball Stadium (300’ (60 squares) in diameter, 40,000 seat capacity)
    • The Luca Docks (#1-#5)
    • The Sphere Theater
    • The Marketplace

Enemies

Mi’ihen Highroad (ECL 7)
    Spoiler
    Show

Notable Locales
    • Highroad South
    • Mi’ihen’s Statue
    • Mr. Rin’s Travel Agency (Mi’ihen Branch)
    • Highroad North
    • The Old Road (also known as Mi’ihen’s Gorge)

Enemies

Mushroom Rock Road (ECL 8)
    Spoiler
    Show

Notable Locales
    • Mushroom Rock Beach
    • The Aquevators
    • The Crusader’s Command Center (also known as the CCC)
    • Mi’ihen’s Statue
    • The Summit Trail (also known as the Ravine Path)

Enemies

Djose Highroad (ECL 9)
    Spoiler
    Show

Notable Locales
    • The Cliffs of Djose
    • The Djose Inn
    • Djose Temple (contains Ixion’s sarcophagus, which is magically sealed behind a Cloister of Trials)

Enemies

Moonflow (ECL 10)
    Spoiler
    Show

Notable Locales
    • The Pyrefly Throngs
    • The South Wharf
    • The North Wharf
    • The Moonflow Marshes

Enemies

Guadosalam (ECL --)
    Spoiler
    Show

Population: 4,100 (Large Town)
    GP Limit: 3,000GP
    Alignment: LN
    Notable Locales
    • The Banquet Hall
    • The Guado Inn
    • The Farplane Gate

Thunder Plains (ECL 11)
    Spoiler
    Show

Notable Locales
    • The Lightning Towers (Χ10)
    • The Qactuar Stones
    • Mr. Rin’s Travel Agency (Thunder Plains Branch)

Enemies

Macalania (ECL 12)
    Spoiler
    Show

Notable Locales
    • Macalania Woods
    • The Butterfly Chase
    • The Celestial Path (also known as the Sky Trail)
    • Mr. Rin’s Travel Agency (Macalania Branch)
    • Lake Macalania
    • The Ice Cliffs
    • Macalania Temple (contains Shiva’s sarcophagus, which is magically sealed behind a Cloister of Trials)

Enemies

Sanubia Desert (ECL 13)
    Spoiler
    Show

On Bikanel Island
    Notable Locales
    • The Oasis
    • The Sandstorm
    • The Sinkholes
    • The Valley of the Cactuars
    • The Path to Home

Enemies

Home (ECL 14)
    Spoiler
    Show

On Bikanel Island
    Population: 9,700 (Small City)
    GP Limit: 15,000GP
    Alignment: NG
    Notable Locales
    • The Living Quarters
    • The Summoner’s Sanctum
    • The Airship Hanger

Enemies

Fahrenheit (ECL 15)
    Spoiler
    Show

Ship Statistics
    • Airship Class flying ship
    • Crew: 3
    • Decks: 4
    • Airworthiness: +4
    • Ship Handling: +4
    • Speed: 1200’ (120 mph, good maneuverability)
    • Hull Sections: 144 (36 sections to sink)
    • Section HP: 180 (hardness 10)
    • Ramming Damage: 15d6
    • Mounts: 8 light, 2 heavy, ram (only 2 missiles & ram in place)
    • Dimensions: 140’ L Χ 30’ W Χ 60’ H
    • Complement: 200
    • Cargo Capacity: 800 tons (half speed = 600’ (60 mph, good maneuverability)), 1,600 tons maximum
    • Price: 1,230,000GP
    • Notable Locales
      • The Bridge
      • The Engine Room
      • The Observation Deck

Missile Statistics
    • Size: Large
    • Type: Missile (direct fire)
    • Dimensions: 12’ L Χ 3’ W Χ 3’ H
    • Weight: 2 tons
    • Damage: 10d20 slashing & 10d20 fire (20 critical)
    • Range Increment: 1 mile
    • Price: 15,000GP

Enemies

Bevelle (ECL 16)
    Spoiler
    Show

Population: 24,000 (Large City)
    GP Limit: 40,000GP
    Alignment: LN
    Notable Locales
    • Bevelle Highbridge
    • The Cathedral of Yevon
    • Bevelle Temple (also known as the Palace of St. Bevelle; contains Bahamut’s sarcophagus, which is magically sealed behind a Cloister of Trials)
    • The Via Purifico

Enemies

Calm Lands (ECL 17)
    Spoiler
    Show

Notable Locales
    • The Calm Lands Travel Shop
    • The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (contains Yojimbo’s sarcophagus, which is magically sealed; only a Summoner who successfully negotiates a leasing price & pays that price can unlock it; initial asking price: 1d10+20 Χ 10,000GP; minimum offer: 190,000GP)
    • The Chocobo Ranch (also known as the Monster Arena)
    • Remiem Temple (contains the Magus Sisters’ sarcophagus, which is magically sealed; only a Summoner who presents the Blossom Crown & the Flower Scepter can unlock it)

Enemies

Mt. Gagazet (ECL 18)

Zanarkand Ruins (ECL 19)

Sin (ECL 20)
    Spoiler
    Show

Notable Locales
    • The Sea of Sorrow
    • The Garden of Pain
    • The City of Dying Dreams
    • The Tower of the Dead
    • The Nucleus
    • Dream’s End

Enemies

Omega Ruins (ECL 21)
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-11-08 at 01:16 AM. Reason: added link

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Characters
    This section details the statistics of the most prominent & important characters in Final Fantasy X. The statistics generated here are determined by the standard character creation rules, in addition to the information provided in the sections above. They are intended to reflect how the characters are first presented in the game, & not how they appear later on, after extensive leveling.

Tidus
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Tidus
    CLASS- Pugilist
    RACE- Hume
    ALIGNMENT- Neutral Good
    LEVEL- 1st
    SIZE- Medium
    AGE- 17 years old
    GENDER- male
    HEIGHT- 5’9”
    WEIGHT- 155 lbs
    EYES- blue
    HAIR- blonde
    LANGUAGES
    • Common

ABILITIES
    • Strength 12 (+1)
    • Dexterity 15 (+2)
    • Constitution 14 (+2)
    • Intelligence 10 (+0)
    • Wisdom 8 (-1)
    • Charisma 13 (+1)

HIT POINTS- 10 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 22MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 17 (+2 Dex, +4 chain shirt, +1 buckler); touch 12; flat-footed 15
    SPEED- 30’
    INITIATIVE- +2
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee +1 = +0 (Base) +1 (Str)
    • Ranged +2 = +0 (Base) +2 (Dex)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-43 lbs.
    • Medium Load 44-86 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 87-130 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 130 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 260 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 650 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +2 = +0 (Base) +2 (Con)
    • Reflex +4 = +2 (Base) +2 (Dex)
    • Will -1 = +0 (Base) -1 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Appraise (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Balance (Dex, +3=2+3-2)
    • Bluff (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Climb (Str, -1=1+0-2)
    • Concentration (Con, +2=2+0)*
    • Craft (Int, +0=0+0)
    • Decipher Script (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Diplomacy (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Disable Device (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Disguise (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Escape Artist (Dex, +0=2+0-2)*
    • Forgery (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Gather Information (Cha, +1=1+0)
    • Handle Animal (Cha, +1=1+0)
    • Heal (Wis, -1=-1+0)*
    • Hide (Dex, +0=2+0-2)*
    • Intimidate (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Jump (Str, +3=1+4-2)
    • Knowledge (Arcana) (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Listen (Wis, -1=-1+0)
    • Move Silently (Dex, +0=2+0-2)*
    • Open Locks (Dex, +2=2+0)*
    • Perform (Cha, +3=1+2)
    • Profession (Wis, +2=-1+3)
    • Ride (Dex, +2=2+0)
    • Search (Int, +0=0+0)
    • Sense Motive (Wis, -1=-1+0)*
    • Sleight of Hand (Dex, +0=2+0-2)*
    • Speak Language (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Spellcraft (Int, +0=0+0)*
    • Spot (Wis, -1=-1+0)
    • Survival (Wis, -1=-1+0)*
    • Swim (Str, +3=1+4-2)
    • Tumble (Dex, +4=2+4-2)
    • Use Magical Device (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Use Rope (Dex, +2=2+0)*

FEATS
    • Dodge [General]
    • Mobility [General]

WEAPONS
    • long sword (1d8, 19-20/Χ2, 4lbs, slashing)

ARMOR
    • chain shirt (+4AC, armor check penalty -2, speed 30’, 25lbs)
    • buckler (+1AC, armor check penalty -1, 5lbs)

EQUIPMENT
    • 10gp (0 lbs)
    • Backpack (2gp, 2 lbs)
    • Bedroll (1sp, 5 lbs)
    • Flint & Steel Kit (1gp, 0 lbs)
    • Rations, Trail (Χ3, 1½gp, 3 lbs)
    • Rope, Hemp, 50’ (1gp, 10 lbs)
    • Sack (1sp, ½ lb)
    • Waterskin (filled, 1gp, 3 lbs)

ENCUMBERANCE- 57½ lbs (medium load)
    CLASS FEATURES
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Tidus is proficient with all simple & martial weapons, & with light armor & shields (except tower shields)
    • Cheer (Su): Tidus can bolster the fighting spirit of his party; this ability grants all allies within 30’ (including yourself) a +2 morale bonus to Strength & Dexterity for the rest of the encounter; these effects are negated for an ally if they are successfully hit with a cursed effect, or die (even if they are revived during the same encounter); this is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity; this ability does not consume any MP
    • Spiral Cut (Ex): Tidus can perform 1 charge attack with no AC penalty that automatically deals maximized damage; this ability costs 100 OP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-12-08 at 09:15 AM. Reason: fixed skills

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Zeta, this is all very impressive.

I don't think the summoning is "too accessible" at all. The whole point of making this work as far as the d20 game and not to look exactly like the video game (which it simply cannot do). I think you've done a superb job of translating it to the d20 system. It's not going to exactly match the video game because the nature of videogames has a different focus than that of an rpg. Some games lend themselves more easily than others (just look at EverQuest D20 and World of Warcraft D20).

The idea behind the d20 system is that you could take elements from any of those settings and use them together. Obviously, it takes some tweaking to make sure the classes and races are balanced. Could I play a ronso in another setting? Probably. I'm fairly certain it would be interesting. If the mechanics are sound (and yours are pretty sound from what I've read although I haven't playtested any of it).

Not to burst your bubble, but this is one of several fan products based on Final Fantasy (some are much better than others but you can find all of them using google). However and I cannot stress this enough, I don't recommend that you try to compare your version to any other version.

For one, yours is the only one that deals strictly with FF X. For another, if you start comparing your project (which isn't complete nor thoroghly perfected), you're bound to get discouraged and I don't to see that happen.

Also, just because you can see a finished and polished product doesn't mean it's GOOD. [There's one version which I found rather appalling. However, it's my opinion and I have no need to embarrass the author by mentioning the product by name on a public forum.]

Keep up the good work.

Debby

P.S. Is Tidus Human or Hume?
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2008-06-25 at 09:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    P.S. Is Tidus Human or Hume?
    Both? I'm pretty sure the two terms refer to the same race.

Currently working on actually completing the game now so I can figure out why you have multiple locations listed under "Sin" and what on earth the Omega Ruins are...
    Characters:
    None right now!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you for your comments, Debby. And you are correct; some "finished" projects are anything but. I appreciate the sentiments, although it had not occured to me to compare my works to any other FF-related homebrew projects. I haven't even seen any (not that I looked). Does anyone have links to these?

For the record, Tidus is definately a Hume, although I suppose it is mostly a difference in nomenclature. I corrected the typo concerning his race.

On a completely different note, I've adjusted the Ronso height & weight information, to be more in-line with the source material. I'm debating whether to leave them as Large creatures, or to change them to Medium creatures with the Powerful Build special ability. Either way, they will likely remain as LA+1. Thoughts, anyone?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Both? I'm pretty sure the two terms refer to the same race.

Currently working on actually completing the game now so I can figure out why you have multiple locations listed under "Sin" and what on earth the Omega Ruins are...
    FFX Game spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sin" in the end game becomes a dungeon. Each listing above is a particular location in the dungeon.

The Omega Ruins are a hidden location that has very, very high powered enemies in it. It's where the Omega Weapon is at, along with the Omega Weapon's boss is. Both are fightable. I suggest you Bribe the Omega Weapon for his goodies.

As for the Ronsos... I'd actually go the reverse of the Medium size with Powerful Build. Instead, make them Large with Slight Build. It just seems that way, or at least did for Kimahri. He was larger than everyone by a good deal, yet fit in at locations that couldn't have been made for people any larger than Hume standard.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-06-26 at 01:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    As for the Ronsos... I'd actually go the reverse of the Medium size with Powerful Build. Instead, make them Large with Slight Build. It just seems that way, or at least did for Kimahri. He was larger than everyone by a good deal, yet fit in at locations that couldn't have been made for people any larger than Hume standard.
    I would normally agree with you, but it is canonically stated that Kimahri is 6'9" tall, & he is small for a Ronso male (he actually is around the size of a Ronso female, if relative visual comparisons with Tidus are to be trusted). Now, Large creatures need to be about 8' tall or more, & although it is certain some Ronsos (such as Biran & Yenke) are in that range, many members of the Ronso race (almost all females, & a decent number of males as well) are below the 8' threshhold. Therefore, I'm inclined to change them to Medium-with-PB, rather than make them Large-with-SB.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-06-26 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added link

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Guess that works then. Possibly a feat that requires 10th character level and being a Ronso that allows you to take that final step and gain Large size and either drop PB or maybe gain SB?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Thank you for your comments, Debby. And you are correct; some "finished" projects are anything but. I appreciate the sentiments, although it had not occured to me to compare my works to any other FF-related homebrew projects. I haven't even seen any (not that I looked). Does anyone have links to these?

For the record, Tidus is definately a Hume, although I suppose it is mostly a difference in nomenclature. I corrected the typo concerning his race.

On a completely different note, I've adjusted the Ronso height & weight information, to be more in-line with the source material. I'm debating whether to leave them as Large creatures, or to change them to Medium creatures with the Powerful Build special ability. Either way, they will likely remain as LA+1. Thoughts, anyone?

You're welcome.

Although I warned you about this: Here's stuff that's on the web.

http://ffd20.orgfree.com/ffd20/FFd20_Races.pdf
    And you may find more here:
    http://ffd20.orgfree.com/phpBB2/index.php
    and here:
    http://www.faneliaonline.net/fanelia/
    and here:
    http://copperhamster.googlepages.com...asyonlineraces
    and here
    http://www.tinwatchman.com/aff/html/

Tin watchman also has a complete pdf which you can download from lulu for free. There's another free d20 fan-made Final fantasy pdf on scribd.com [but I'm not sure how to link to it]. I can't remember where I got the last pdf copy (but of all of them it was the weakest so it may not exist any more).

Don't say that I didn't warn you. Final Fantasy is VERY popular. It's good to see so many people working on these projects. At the same time, there's ALWAYS room at the table. Your version is no less valid and may be better than what currently exists.

I recommend leaving the Ronso as Large [more for flavor and because it's a change from the other races you've made]. Slight build is fine for females and for Kimahri. It makes him stand out for being smaller rather than for being the norm.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2008-06-26 at 09:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Thumbs up Re: Final Fantasy X d20 (All Races, All Classes, All Monsters, Blitzball, & MORE!)

I must say (as everyone else has) you have done a superb work here Zeta.

On the summoning issue I must say that all that has been said is viable and I'm sure there are more that can be said, but the right choice is not spending too much time on a single feature. That after all isn't the main focus of the game. And continue on making the rest glorious rather than being stressed out of because of that single feature. If anyone feels that the current version is completely unaccepted they should tweak it for their game, possibly say how here if they come up with some major new system, but I doubt that will be necessary.

Also I think the Ronso should stay large, with females and optionally males having SB. It more suits the game imho since most ronso there are very very tall in comparison with a hume, 1.5 times approx if my memory still serves me

On a note for locations and canon material, I suggest the walkthrough, even if you might not need it for the game itself it provides ample reading material on everything, along with some text about the locations. Now I don't suggest reprinting them here unless you get consent from the company that releases the walkthrough, but perhaps read aloud when you play the setting or likewise for players that hasn't played the actual game.

And the second to last thing I have to say is that I'm willing to help in any way possible once I'm home from vacation, since right now my internet is so crappy I can't even look up the wiki looks for the locations without major troubles, nor did I think of bringing the walkthrough with me. But I will start helping in any and all ways possible that my time allows when I come home, since I need experience with homebrewing before starting my own projects.

Lastly, keep up the good work Zeta

It did get rather long didn't it?

/Xzoz

EDIT: I have played the game through multiple times so if anything is in question just ask and I'm sure I and most other FF X fans here will do our best to answer properly, I do try to check in once per day or so for updates. But then again, my and probably many of the other older members that have played the game through memory are shoddy, so I might get it wrong once in a while
    Will the making of a character sheet be in order? I always like the special graphics for the game you're playing, that's something I can look into if so.
    Last edited by Xzoz; 2008-06-26 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Noticed something and remembered a question.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuna
    Spoiler
    Show

NAME- Yuna
    CLASS- Summoner
    RACE- Half-Al Bhed
    ALIGNMENT- Lawful Good
    LEVEL- 1st
    SIZE- Medium
    AGE- 17 years old
    GENDER- female
    HEIGHT- 5’3”
    WEIGHT- 115 lbs
    EYES- heterochromatic (1 blue/1 green)
    HAIR- brunette
    LANGUAGES
    • Al Bhed
    • Common
    • Guado

ABILITIES
    • Strength 8 (-1)
    • Dexterity 10 (+0)
    • Constitution 12 (+1)
    • Intelligence 14 (+2)
    • Wisdom 15 (+2)
    • Charisma 13 (+1)

HIT POINTS- 5 HP
    MAGIC POINTS- 37MP
    ARMOR CLASS- 10 (+0 ring); touch 10; flat-footed 10
    SPEED- 30’
    INITIATIVE- +0
    BASE ATTACK BONUS
    • Melee -1 = +0 (Base) -1 (Str)
    • Ranged +0 = +0 (Base) +0 (Dex)

CARRYING CAPACITY
    • Light Load 0-26 lbs.
    • Medium Load 27-53 lbs.
    • Heavy Load 54-80 lbs.
    • Lift Over Head 80 lbs.
    • Lift Off Ground 160 lbs.
    • Push or Drag 400 lbs.

SAVING THROWS
    • Fortitude +1 = +0 (Base) +1 (Con)
    • Reflex +0 = +0 (Base) +0 (Dex)
    • Will +4 = +2 (Base) +2 (Wis)

SKILLS (*=cross-class)
    • Appraise (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Balance (Dex, +0=0+0)*
    • Bluff (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Climb (Str, -1=-1+0)*
    • Concentration (Con, +4=1+3)
    • Craft (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Decipher Script (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Diplomacy (Cha, +5=1+4)
    • Disable Device (Int, +2=2+0)*
    • Disguise (Cha, +1=1+0) (+9 to masquerade as a Hume)*
    • Escape Artist (Dex, +0=0+0)*
    • Forgery (Int, +2=2+0)*
    • Gather Information (Cha, +1=1+0)
    • Handle Animal (Cha, +1=1+0)
    • Heal (Wis, 8=2+4+2)
    • Hide (Dex, +0=0+0)*
    • Intimidate (Cha, +1=1+0)*
    • Jump (Str, -1=-1+0)*
    • Knowledge (Religion) (Int, +6=2+4)
    • Knowledge (The Planes) (Int, +2=2+0)
    • Listen (Wis, +2=2+0)*
    • Move Silently (Dex, +0=0+0)*
    • Open Locks (Dex, +0=0+0)*
    • Perform (Cha, +5=1+4)
    • Profession (Wis, +5=2+3)
    • Ride (Dex, +0=0+0)*
    • Search (Int, +2=2+0)*
    • Sense Motive (Wis, +2=2+0)*
    • Sleight of Hand (Dex, +0=0+0)*
    • Spellcraft (Int, +6=2+4)
    • Spot (Wis, +2=2+0)*
    • Survival (Wis, +2=2+0)*
    • Swim (Str, -1=-1+0)*
    • Tumble (Dex, +0=0+0)*
    • Use Magical Device (Cha, +5=1+2+2)
    • Use Rope (Dex, +0=0+0)*

FEATS
    • Toughness [General]

WEAPONS
    • quarterstaff (1d6/1d6, 20/Χ2, 4lbs, large size, two-handed, bludgeoning)

ARMOR
    • ring (+0AC, 0lbs)

EQUIPMENT
    • 7gp (0 lbs)
    • Backpack (2gp, 2 lbs)
    • Bedroll (1sp, 5 lbs)
    • Flint & Steel Kit (1gp, 0 lbs)
    • Lantern, Hooded (7gp, 2 lbs)
    • Oil, Flask (1sp, 1 lb)
    • Rations, Trail (Χ3, 1½gp, 3 lbs)
    • Rope, Hemp, 50’ (1gp, 10 lbs)
    • Sack (1sp, ½ lb)
    • Waterskin (filled, 1gp, 3 lbs)

ENCUMBERANCE- 30½ lbs (medium load)
    AEONS- Valefor (Hume Aeon 5/Winged Fayth 5)
    CLASS FEATURES
    • Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Yuna is proficient with all simple weapons; Yuna is not proficient with any type of armor or shield; armor of any type interferes with a summoner’s gestures, which can cause her class features to fail (treat all spell-like class features as spells with somatic components for the purposes of spell failure rates); the only armor that a summoner can safely use are protective rings
    • Summon (Sp): once per day, Yuna can call upon an Outsider with the [Aeon] subtype (see Aeons, below) to battle her enemies for her; the Aeon is instantly transported from the transdimensional pocket in which it normally resides to the nearest clear space within 30’ of her (if no such space exists, the summoning fails); she can (usually) command Aeons that she has summoned, but she must remain within 30’ of the Aeon at all times, & she must spend a standard action each round to maintain control of the Aeon (this does not provoke attacks of opportunity); an Aeon will remain on the battlefield until either the encounter ends, Yuna dismissed it, she fails to maintain control, or it is reduced to 0HP; Yuna can only summon Aeons that she has unlocked & that have at least 1HP; a summoned Aeon gets a fair share of the XP for encounters in which it participates; summoning is a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity; while her Aeon battles in her stead, all opponents must make a Will save (DC10 + ½ your class level + your Wisdom modifier) to target her for an attack; this ability does not consume any MP to use
    • Grand Summon (Sp): You can summon 1 creature, either via a summon monster spell, a summon nature’s ally spell, or a summoning spell-like ability, & the summoned creature will have the following enhancements: +4 to all ability scores (hence a +2 to all ability-based bonuses), & a +4 natural armor bonus. These enhancements last for as long as the creature is summoned. If the summoned creature has a Limit Break of its own, it gains a 100 OP’s (on top of their current OP pool, up to 200 OP’s maximum) instead of receiving any of the above enhancements; this ability costs 100 OP to use
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2008-07-20 at 02:02 PM. Reason: added image