New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warglory, Liberators

((That's the spirit! Yes, you get a decent weapon bonus with your kukri. Now, what does Ragdar do...?))

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Djinn here...I'll be out for a few days (a concussion has left me rather shaky), so if you want to NPC me for a few days, that's fine. Shouldn't be more than a week, tops.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

3. - Top - End - #33

With the Houten standing over Sgt. Dalhoon only a few feat away, Ragdar leaps over his crouching sergeant to quickly gut the human as the blast settles from the foxhole. His heavy shotgun arcs upward from the hip with the bayonet aimed to slice up through the diaphram.

[spoiler] Melee (1d10)[8] plus armour and bayonet bonus [/roll]

Training so many drills recently has left its mark. Ragdar pulls back the bayonet and leaps aside into the dirt wall regardless of the blade's success. ((if the grenade has already detonated he will jump into the vacant foxhole, otherwise he will leap back and to the other side to avoid the grenade))

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'm back.))
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

5. - Top - End - #35

Weasel stabs his kukri into the mans' belly while Ragdar's bayonnette finds his chest. The man keels forward on his knees, bayonnette is expertly removed, Weasel beheads the bent over man with the Kukri. The grenade goes off in the foxhole, nobody really hears it.

In similarly charming fashion you move on to the next foxhole. Dud repeats the process. This time a man in the foxhole fires off a shot that's so close it singes his eyebrows. Dud tosses a grenade in his hole, the man jumps out, Weasel & Ragdar bayonnette him too.

The heavy arty bombardment stops, your ears are ringing. It feels really dark in the dawn light after the shelling. Dud moves on to the unoccupied holes. He's just as careful with these, but they come up empty. Ahead is an S bend, dug out just to break line of fire along the trench. Dud leads you through it into the next straight.

Ahead are twenty men, most are shooting over the trench rim. These are very easy targets. D3 hit roll. Those with rifles are to roll another D3 - this is the number of men your bullet passed through after your intended target. Pie's machine gun can roll a D6 for extra hits on each succesful burst. Dud brings Weasel, Ragdar and Pie into position first, so the four of you may fire.

6. - Top - End - #36

((Okay, lets see if I can get it right this time.))
    (1d3)[2]
    (1d3)[3]
    Then again for them going through.
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d3)[3]
    ((So, did I get it this time?))

EDIT: I got two more threes, so: 3 3.
    Last edited by Mee; 2008-05-05 at 11:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

7. - Top - End - #37

Ragdar, already numb from the shells, braces against the inside arc of the S-wall. Seeing the signal to advance he rolls along the final curve with his left plated shoulder against the wall and unloads the pump action heavy shotgun into the knot of human.

Hardly even need ta aim this...bah, the spread'll look after tha work. But cripes there's still a lot a them.

The young dwarf's curses are lost to even his own deaf ears with all the ringing. With the smoldering barrel empty, the dvergr rolls back long his shoulder and crouches into the grime, keeping his armored frame down as he unloads and clears the way for other team members to advance.

Spoiler
    Show

If I under stand this correctly it's be 3 d3 shots killing on 2+ and rerolling my 1's. Plus a 4th shot emptying the gun on a 4+

so #1 (1d3)[3] re-roll (1d3)[1]
    #2 (1d3)[3] re-roll (1d3)[2]
    #3 (1d3)[2] re-roll (1d3)[3]
    If 4+ (1d6)[5]
    #4 (1d3)[3] re-roll (1d3)[2]

8. - Top - End - #38

((Edit: should be re-load, not unload in that last paragraph. Not sure if this takes all of next "turn" or not))

9. - Top - End - #39

((Mee, yeah nearly. You didn't roll for an extra shot though. Just edit your post and put in a roll from the D&D website for it, or forgo the shot - it's only optional.

Bene's post is good, it's also correct on the dice rolling. $#&% good rolls, too. Yes this represents your turn.

Szil should do very well here, these are perfect targets for an LMG.))
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-05-05 at 10:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

((I was going to forgo that shot, but I edited it in.))
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'll take my shots later, I gotta reread whats happening.))

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

12. - Top - End - #42

((Too slow, Szil. Shoulda just rolled. Now i'm doing it for you.))

The humans are cut down like wheat. It's not the trench guns that really cause the most casaulties, they simply chew into the first few men, often hitting the same target. The real casualties are from the machine gun and some remarkable shooting by Weasel's rifle. Trench gun pellets do not overpenetrate, they dig channels in a target that cause horrible wounds but go no further. Rifle rounds in this era are very different, passing through several targets before stopping or burying themselves in the mud.

As such about half the men go down in the first volley. After that though each of you doesn't know who the others are aiming for and so you naturally tend to pick the same targets. The remaining men throw themselves to the ground and scramble for what cover they can find - an ammo crate, some foxholes, even behind bodies. Your third volley finds some of them and the trench guns catch a couple men on their fourth, but by the end of it there's 5 men in sight and a couple with their heads down in the foxholes.

Then a huge shape looms over the trench from the left and you see what the men were shooting at. A dvergr heavy tank - similar to your APC but with a turret - thunders over the top and it's front end drops into the trench. Just like your APC it belches great clouds of exhaust changing gears as it looses momentum on the wide trench. The humans opposite you can be heard shouting and they try to shoot under the tank, but it sinks as it digs into the mud of the trench's right wall and blocks off line of sight. The thing then finds a grip and like the ugly oaf it is the tank pulls it's front out of the trench, drops it's backside into it and rips the right wall apart 10 meters in front of you.

Ragdar has pulled back around the corner, he'll now be spending two turns reloading. There's a foxhole a meter in front of you and to the right with room enough for one, with a bit of leaning you could fight from there. If someone gets low enough they can use an ammo crate 3 meters in front of you to your left as cover too, good spot for a machine gunner. While Ragdar reloads his heavy shotgun someone else could nudge him further back and fight from his spot in the turn of the S bend, which offers some cover. When all those spots are taken all you can do is either pull back or lie prone.

Whichever cover you want to use you better do it quick, the tank will likely drag itself out of the trench within three seconds. If it fails it may become stuck there, forcing you to forget cover and find a way around it.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-05-07 at 05:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

((Since no one else has even posted yet, I get first pick.))
    Weasel nudges Ragdar out of the way, and takes his spot in the S bend.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

((At this rate i'm gonna have to open up for recruitment again. Sheesh.))

The tank keeps it's momentum, barely. Bullets whistle through the flying mud and debri as the tank drags itself out, nobody is hit. Dud's trench gun clicks empty as he slides into the foxhole. With no time now for reloads he switches to his rifle, costing him half his shooting for this turn. Pie goes for the ammo crate and rests his MG on it. Gimps goes prone in the middle of the trench with rifle up, Hooky hangs back with Weasel & Ragdar.

With the tank clear of you and mud dribbling down the slew it cut in the trench wall the Houten have taken up position about 50 meters away. You can see four - one behind an ammo crate (D10 for Pie, D8 for rifles), another leaning out of a foxhole on the right (D10 for Pie, D8 for rifles), and two lieing prone behind corpses (D8 for Pie, D6 for rifles). Weasel can take a careful shot, turning any of these into a D4 - but only one shot for the turn.

The Houten rifles fire. Gimps is taken in the head, he dies instantly. Pie is hit in the upper body, knocking him on his back (Wounded, has to get up. Gets one burst this turn if he gets up.) Dud has a close one but isn't hit, the remaining shot misses completely.

15. - Top - End - #45

((I'll turn one of the d10s into a d4, so, Weasel shoots at the one leaning out of the foxhole.))
    (1d4)[3]
    Please hit.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d8)[7]
    (1d8)[8]
    (1d8)[8]
    How many shots can I fire? For behind the corpses.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

17. - Top - End - #47

((Szil, read the post. You have been wounded. Your character must scramble to his feet and will only have time for one burst this turn. Therefore i'm only accepting your first roll.

Mee, that's fine and that's a hit.))
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-05-08 at 12:31 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

(( Yay!))
    ((*waits for everyone else*))
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Ragdar has reloaded. Pie pulls himself back up with a snarl and fires off a burst at the men behind the corpses, wounding one in the shoulder. Weasel takes careful aim at one leaning from a foxhole... he squeezes the trigger, the man moves, the shot takes his hand off. The man yells and falls back into his foxhole. Dudhugger doesn't shoot, he throws a grenade. The rifleman behind an ammo crate jumps over it to get clear of the grenade, exposing himself (D4 for most, D3 for rifles). The remaining man amoung the bodies scrambles backwards to get away (D8 for most, D6 for rifles).

Dudhugger shouts "Hooky, Ragdar - advance!", and leans from his foxhole to cover them.

20. - Top - End - #50

((Weasel will take the harder shot))
    (1d6)[3]
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

His ringing ears manage to catch his name. Within an instant of the grenade blast the radio-dvergr makes the corner, firing as he rounds to the corner and makes his way to the cut wall left by the tank. The lad dives into the grove of the cut tread as his finishes the blitz.

{ Heavy Shotgun: First shot at the exposed man (1d4)[4] reroll scatter (1d4)[1]
    Next two shots at the men moving behind the corpses (1d8)[2] reroll scatter (1d8)[6] and #2 (1d8)[4] reroll scatter (1d8)[3]

If he gets a smooth pump (1d6)[6] 4+ then the final shot toward the ammo crate (1d10)[10] roroll (1d10)[9] as cover as he dives for the cut groove. }
    Last edited by Benejeseret; 2008-05-09 at 11:19 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

((Shooting from the hip is hopelessly inaccurate, especially while moving. I suggest you edit the post to forgo the shooting or i'll just count it as suppressive fire.))

23. - Top - End - #53

((edited, sorry for the finesse. Figured with the equivalent of a massive shotgun the buck spread would make up for some on the inaccuracy. My historical buffness is apparently not up to speed ))

24. - Top - End - #54

((The spread of a 4-guage shotgun useing 50 meter shot isn't quite what you may imagine... and i can still see shooting rolls. Very well, it's suppressive fire. Your hit rolls are ignored.))

25. - Top - End - #55

((Gawd i dunno, weekend comes up and people just assume the war's on hold... lol. Ok, dragging.))

Ragdar's shots go all over the place. It's hard to tell if he hits anything but it makes plenty of noise. Hooky is right behind him and takes a foxhole a meter further in than the cutout... or rather he trys to, there's a man in it. A scuffle ensues, you can't see what's happening. Weasel's shot passes through bodies to thump into the scrambling man's knee - he stops and writhes in agony. The man jumping the crate gets collected - Pie's burst takes his head off. He gives the pair lieing behind corpses a couple more bursts, giving one of them a second wound. The poor bugger curls up in agony. Then the grenade goes off and the shrapnel kills both of them, splattering mud all over the place.

Fun's not over though, five men come running around the corner. Two of them stop dead in shock (D3) while two others make for cover (D4) and a fifth one behind the others makes to throw his grenade (Target the ones moving for cover to hit him on a D6 result of 6. Weasel does it on a 4+)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d6)[6]
    Pi-eater shoots.

I'm just that good.
    Last edited by Szilard; 2008-05-09 at 11:05 PM.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

27. - Top - End - #57

Two attacks, both at the d4.
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d4)[3]
    ((Did I finally get it?))
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

((You guys look a bit confused. Roll D4s to attack the guys heading for cover, then roll a D6 for each hit. If you hit and get a 6 on the extra roll, you take both your target out and the guy behind them.

((I suggest you go to the D&D website for the rolls, then edit your post to put in the results.))

((EDit: Oh and for Bene's sake, Ragdar can only engage these targets if he first leans out of the cutout - he'll become a valid target for return fire, but count as being in cover.))
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-05-10 at 04:58 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d4)[1]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d6)[5]

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

30. - Top - End - #60

((Ah, okay.))
    (1d4)[4]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d6)[4]
    So, did I get it now?
    Please?
    Last edited by Mee; 2008-05-10 at 07:41 PM.
    Show