New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warglory, Liberators

((Good post! As to the gas, b****y oath you are. Very thick in here. All the enemies have gas masks on, if something happens to yours... well. Hope you can hold your breath. ))

2. - Top - End - #212

Ragdar lobs his own grenade, this one over the heads of his squad to distract and split the houten's attention. He yells out, only slightly muffled by the mask (in Houten) "Shoulda stayed in bed taday lads, but ya can always lay down now!"

He digs a toe into the mud and spins into a crouch leveling his shotgun at the retreating tank. He joins Negvar suppression of the left flank.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ghost takes a knee while raising his SMG to his shoulder. He fires a burst between Hooky and Stiff straight through the head of the nearest Houten soldier - killing him instantly. He then attempts a second burst at second soldier.

(d3)[1]
    (d10-5)[-1]

After clearing through the immediate resistance, he signals for Hooky to take point as the squad clears the rest of the trench.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like I have to roll a d10...
    (1d10)[1]
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

5. - Top - End - #215

Negvar's grenade goes off, and he actualy sees a foot blown clean under the tank to thump wetly near his own. Nasty! As to Ragdar, his grenade has less success - the troops meleeing don't notice, and there's only wounded behind them. One of those is finished off by the grenade. Ragdar made his speech too long, the Houten are too busy in melee to listen.

The tank claws it's way out of the trench, leaving a lovely slew of mud and broken timber wall bracing behind it. In getting clear it grants Negvar, Ragdar and Splinter have great shots down the left to where the tank was - as the smoke and flying mud recede you hear shots go off and catch sight of targets. D3 shots, there are two riflemen readying shots, three about to fire, and a trench gunner who will fire in a split second's time. Targets are close together - Negvar may roll an extra D3 for every succesful hit, to see if he wings an extra with each burst. Three sweeping bursts without a breath between them are well called for!

On the right Ghost's shot is quicker than the Houten's hand - his burst turns the man's head into a red pulp. His next shot is anticipated though, his target avoids it and trys rushing him... he cacks it up though, too slow and makes a poor grab on the SMG. Ghost has time to get his wits together, sweeps the but up into his chin and shoves the poor sod onto his backside - one shot from the SMG finishes him. He's beaten both opponents.

As to Stiff and Hooky, Stiff messes up badly. His opponent catches him moving into position with a dagger through a gap in his armour. One twist and he's crippled with pain, he falls to the ground. Hooky has more success, his opponent is quick too but Hooky manages a parry and slashes the man's throat on the reverse motion. He has one opponent left.

Stiff is Out of Action. The wound is extremely painful but survivable short term, he will get up after this combat. The pair who put him down turn on Ghost immidiately, roll a D10 -3. No time to shoot, your SMG pointed away from them leaves you in a bad posture to respond.

Teeth-rattling booms roll across the battlefield. Heavy arty is firing again! The racket is quite close now, 3rd trench line can't be far away. The noise is very great and the shells havn't landed yet.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

What about me?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Negvar does not hesitate, calling out "Eat lead! as he mashes the trigger. The words are lost to the distant thunder of the heavy guns, but the hail of fire is not, the heavy bullets zipping down the trench to tear muddy divots from the ground and walls-and bloody holes in the Houten soldiers.

(are those 'extra' shots allowed re-rolls too? If not, I did real bad)

Firing in the trench. (1d3=3, 1d3=1, 1d3=3)
    Re-roll shot #2 (1d3=1)
    Extra hits (1d3=2, 1d3=1)
    Re-roll extra #2 (1d3=3)
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-06-09 at 12:04 AM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

8. - Top - End - #218

((ah, forgot. Pardon that Szil... ooo boy, you won't like this...))

The man Pie-eater's grappling with gets the upper hand - and more importantly gets a knife out. Pie's been stabbed three times in the chest before he knows what happened, he is Out of Action.

((Edit: And no, extra hit rolls do not get rerolls. Don't sweat, you got 4 kills at least - your MG is dvergr size, even wound results are kills.))
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-06-09 at 03:45 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Loosening his grip on his SMG, Ghost draws his knife in his right hand and lunges with it in a backhand strike towards the nearest attacker.

(d10-3)[1]

10. - Top - End - #220

The lad blasts at the trench gunner and riflemen on the left.

{(2d3b1)[3], (2d3b1)[2], (2d3b1)[3] and if 4+ (1d6)[2] another (2d3b1)[2] }

11. - Top - End - #221

Ach! I'm hit! Give...give 'em hell for m...me boys!

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

12. - Top - End - #222

Negvar, Ragdar and Splinter's combined firepower of two MGs and a heavy shotgun tear the houten to shreds on the left. Between three guns of heavy calibre at close range they are blown horribly apart, it's really quite something; you've honestly seen hand grenades make less mess. Who got what kill is hard to say.

The man who took Pie out of the fight has got to his feet behind you though. Awareness check DC17 from Negvar & Ragdar, followed by a D10 by Ragdar. If Ragdar fails his check he suffers -10 on his roll, if he passes he has time to ready a melee weapon and suffers no penaulty. Two Houten riflemen run out around the corner ahead of you guys - if Negvar failed the awareness check he may roll attacks on them (D3), if he passed he can help Ragdar instead (D10) if he chooses. Splinter might do either, wait and see.

Ghost makes a poor effort fighting Stiff's pair of opponents, his SMG having slowed him down in getting the knife out. His armour and his knowing to twist saves him, deflecting a knife and bayonet. Ghost attempts a stab, the man evades, he's getting overwhelmed but he does score a gash on one man's wrist - it's painful and forces the man to swap his dagger between hands. The guy with the bayonet is trying to get behind Ghost. (D10 no penaulty, go for either the knife or bayonet Houten.)

Hooky, meanwhile, gets the better of his 2nd opponent - a well timed knee to the groin and a few quick stabs finish the man off. Hooky turns to face Ghost's opponents. "Hey! Pretty boy!" shouts Hooky at the bayonet guy in dvergr tongue... the man has no idea what Hooky's saying but he is distracted from Ghost momentarily.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-06-10 at 12:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn. This sucks.

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

14. - Top - End - #224

{awareness (1d20)[8] plus I think +5. If above then melee (1d10)[1] plus mods}

15. - Top - End - #225

(( *Bene clears his throat and emits a somewhat less that manly*...Eeep! ))

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Checking back to see how the others are doing, Negvar notices the third machine gunner approaching. Too late, you missed the... wait, he's not green! He knew he would never be able to bring the MG into play in time, so he charges, brass knuckles leading, to take care of the problem manually.

Spotting guy sneaking up on me (1d20+7=21)
    Meleeing the same (1d10+9=16)

17. - Top - End - #227

Negvar attacks hard and fast. The man's really on his toes too, he blocks Negvar's swing... except Negvar is vastly stronger, heavier and angrier. The punch blasts straight through the man's block and clocks him. A knee bends the man over and a guillotine choke is right behind it... he rips the guillotine on so hard it breaks the man's neck.

Ragdar noticed Negvar turn around for something but none of the rest, he has no idea. Far as he's concerned, there's two targets in front (roll D3s).

((Just waiting on Ragdar's shooting and Ghost's melee results to complete this turn.))

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ghost releases his grasp on his SMG with his right hand and attempts to plunge his knife into the wounded Houten's throat.

(d10)[9]

19. - Top - End - #229

{(2d3b1)[2] and (2d3b1)[2] }

Ragdar sends off two last shots to the left-side Houten before preparing to find cover and reload. While reaching for his ammo spittle and blood spray his face and he is startled to see the bulging eyes of a dying Houten right on his tail. He gives Negvar a nod of thanks and then sees to reloading.

20. - Top - End - #230

Ghost is quick this time, very quick. One quick jab and the man's bleeding like a tap from his severed jugulars, a shove sets him on his back and the man doesn't get up. Behind Ghost, Hooky grabs hold of the bayonet Houten's gun and stabs the man in the side, getting the liver between the floating ribs. A foot sweep and finisher dispatch him easily.

Off to the left Ragdar empties his trench gun into the men at the same time as Splinter sprays them, bowling the fellows over midstride like broken dolls. Ragdar is now reloading, Splinter covers him.

Stiff has a nasty chest wound. Torso twists make it bleed and send pain through him (-3 in melee combat, can't dive & shoot in same turn). Pie-eater comes round, he has stab wounds and an arm-weakening bullet wound, all to the torso. He's suffering from blood loss. (-6 in melee combat, all shooting is 1 increment harder eg. D3 becomes D4, D6 becomes D7 etc) Weasel has a spraned ankle and sore neck. (-4 in melee combat, cannot run)

All wounded will take a full turn to get up unless assisted.

Ghost must choose where to lead the squad. For example, he can go right to take trench mortars and possibly a magazine, or go left to take a machine gun nest. It is possible (but risky) to split the squad.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-06-11 at 10:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231

((Hi. I'm back, thanks for saving my spot.))
    Weasel tries to ask for some help, and if none comes, he'll try to get up on his own.
    Last edited by Mee; 2008-06-11 at 10:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Once his opponent stops struggling, Negvar drops him in a crumpled heap at his feet. Returning Ragdar's nod, he says "Ye gots ter keep yer eyes open. I was able to get 'im fer ye... this time," letting the implication hang. Then he sees to the task of linking a new belt of ammo onto the very short one currently leading into his machine gun.

23. - Top - End - #233

((Magazine feed, not belt. You know it's about half way by experience. Reload is one round action. Personally i'd help your mates get up before worrying about the gun, but that's your choice.))

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ghost orders Weasel, Pie Eater and Stiff to hold position until the squad returns. In the meantime, Weasel is to try and bind their wounds.

Ghost then indicates to Hooky to take point as the rest of the squad attempts to take out the mortars to the right. He reloads his SMG as they move out.

25. - Top - End - #235

((Fine, no help for Weasel.))
    He (Weasel) gets up, and tries to do as ordered.
    ((Let me know what to roll. If anything.))
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

26. - Top - End - #236

Weasel is up for a heal check with each one. Because Pie & Stiff are both walking wounded it won't take too long. Not much you can do about your sprane though. Applying bandages is easy, the check will affect how long you take. If you get a 1 healing Pie though he will have bled through his bandage before you've finished Stiff, meaning you have to do it again.

Hooky leads the rest of the squad through the broken bodies of the trench. You soon reach a sharp Z-turn, dug to break the line of sight along the trench. Hooky takes a look around the corner... he signals 5, 10... 12 Houten, there's 12 targets around the corner. If it's like the last trench then it'll be 30-50 meters long with foxholes. You can hear men shouting and dieing all around you, there's certainly gunfire close by.

If you pop around the corner the targets will be easy at first - D3, machine guns get extra D3 for each hit. They won't remain surprised for long though, 2nd shots are all D6 as the men will go to ground, remaining shots will be against men in trench (d4) or men in cover (D6). Grenade throws are a little tricky but don't require you to expose yourselves, roll a D20, bad rolls are off target and 20s are dead on. Otherwise i'm all ears.

27. - Top - End - #237

((Okay, well, I don't remember the bonus he had to heal, so let's call it 5?))
    Heal:
    (1d20)[2] +5 Pi-eater
    (1d20)[14] +5 Stiff
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ghost signals for the squad to throw grenades into the mass of Houtens on his signal and round the corner on their detonation. Hooky and him directly around the corner and Splinter and Radgar over the top.

Five, four, three, two, one...

(d20)[19]

Edit: Meant Splinter not Stiff.
    Last edited by Paladin5; 2008-06-13 at 11:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

(You posted at the same time, Paladin5. Stiff is being tended while you attack, he's not available to go over the top.)

Assuming Ghost doesn't tell Weasel to stop bandaging, Stiff's fine. He's still in pain but the bandages will halt the bleeding. Pie, unfortunately, is bleeding out very quickly. Vision is getting a bit blurry, he's shaky on his legs. Pie can no longer run. Roll another heal check to stem the bleeding.
    Last edited by Shirocco; 2008-06-13 at 11:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

Ragdar grits his teeth at the order to leave a downed man, but readies the grenade and follows Splinter. May the Forefathers keep you breathing lad, the radiodvergr sends his thoughts to Pie as he heads out, and may they keep me from gettin' ma arse blown off.

He lobs the grenade trying to match, but space out from, Ghost's trajectory.

{ (1d20)[9] }

He hustles up to begin picking off those not caught in the blasts. The blaring roar of the heavy shotgun tries to catch the grouped humans in its forceful scatter.

{ trying for all 4 shots if smooth, I'm going to roll them the old way in case the closely packed men can manage to get a second guy caught in the scatter

#1 (1d3)[1] scatter (1d3)[3]
    #2 (1d3)[2] scatter (1d3)[3]
    #3 (1d3)[1] scatter (1d3)[2]
    if 4+ (1d6)[3]
    #4 (1d3)[3] scatter (1d3)[3] }

The Dvergr then hits the dirt with his muzzle trained on the pack and looks for anything still moving or returning fire. Ma head's gunna ring fer a week from all these blasts.