New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga - The Zerg Won!

On the small planet of Bhekar Ro night came quickly and with it a storm of such proportions that had not been seen in ten years.
    The colonists of the small colony town of Free Heaven where used to storms and all other misery they had endured when they had come to this planet forty years earlier, escaping the oppressive government of the Terran Confederacy.
    They had believed that they could turn this planet into a prospering colony but they had been wrong, after enduring many storms, a hardly growing corpse and lately a spore-plague that had killed off more then seventeen families.
    In the middle of this storm three large flying objects where moving toward the small town.
    The pitch-black clouds made them almost impossible to see from the ground but as they where closings in a flash suddenly lighten up the whole scene.
    If a person had been watching right now he would clearly see that one of the objects was burning, the light of the fire was a sharp contrast to the darkness surrounding it.
    The object changed direction quickly as in an attempt to escape the flames that now almost covered it completely.
    The sudden moment made the objects crash into each other, with a great explosion the objects went straight to the ground then only the great thunder made by the storm could be heard.
    But as one of the clouds passed it seemed like one of the objects where still in the air it staggered and seemed to also have been damaged by the explosion.
    Finally when it seemed as it could not keep itself in the air anymore it landed nearby Free Heaven with a crushing sound.
    Some of the more elderly colonists had recognized the objects as Terran dropships and knew that it was the help the mayor had been calling for.
    From the brief contact the mayor had with the outside he had learned that apparently there was no longer a UED that the colonists had escaped from fourth years ago, instead there was now the Terran Dominion led by the so-called “Emperor” Arcturus Mengsk.
    The colonists had more sense then leave their safely barred homes and try to help the damaged dropship but from their windows they could see small figures stepping out from the ship.
    Soon combat-suited men arrived at the colony, one of them, obviously the leader, managed to get into the mayors office with his large combat suit.
    The leaders name was General Edmund Duke as he called himself and he had been send by Arcturus Mengsk to investigate this “artifact” the mayor claimed they had found.
    According to him they had been fighting thought a lot of aliens that had been surrounding Bhekar Ro to get here.
    The leader was standing in the middle of the office, after an outrage one of the walls had a large fist-sized buckle in it.

“Why in hell did you not warn us about this storm?”
    “I just lost two dropships tonight along with two marine divisions and most of my ships crew I was lucky ig ot out alive there!”
    “I am terrible sorry, I know we should have warned you about this before but the communications where not working because of the storm.”
    “And it is not a normal storm, it comes here every ten year and it can last fro weeks.”
    “What! This is unacceptable my fleet is waiting for me up there and now you are saying that we I’m cut off from the rest of my army for weeks?!”
    “I’m afraid so general I guess you have to stay here longer then expected…”
    “…”
    “I’m Jacob Nikolai by the way but you may just call me “Nic”."
    “And you may call me general “Nic”.”
    “But I am not here to discuss titles, where is this artifact you mentioned in your distress call?”
    “Arcturus Mengsk wanted me too investigate your findings, but now with all this alien scum wavering around here I might just save the day too while I’m here.”
    “So have you seen any indications of alien activity around here?”

“Yes, that’s why we have fortified the town some of the outer farms have reported mutilated corpses turning up everywhere so I ordered everyone to move inside the town.”
    “Some of the colonists haven’t arrived yet and I fear that…”
    “I do not want any details “Nic” my men can handle anything those aliens might come up with, considering that they haven’t wiped you colonists out yet they must have the same problem with the storm as us, so their force here can not be that large.”
    “Well the problem is that our precautions do not seem to have worked, last night Richard and his wife Ursula turned up dead, they had been mutilated in… well in a horrifying way.”
    "Do not worry about that, my men will clean up this place just show me that object we are here for.”
    “Okay this way then.”

The both men want out of Nikolai’s office, outside two men in combat suits where standing outside smoking (apparently every marine in the terran military smokes) they quickly tagged along guarding their leader.
    They went to an bunker some distance away from the center of the town.

“So it is inside here?”
    “Yes but we had a small incident with the last person that came to close to it, Octavia and her brother Lars found it you see and they brought it here.”
    “Lars was so exited about that thing and he was trying to-
    “Look, does this have a point?”
    “Do I really need to know the name of every damn colonist?”
    “…I am sorry if I’m-
    “Stay clear!”
    “What?”
    “Something is not right; Tom should be here guarding it”
    “I do not even know who the heck “Tom” is!”

The marines quickly entered the open bunker, inside a bright shining crystal like nodule was taking the center of attention its light was almost blending all other colors; General Duke seemed to be amazed with this.

“So it was no BDO (big dumb object) after all...”
    “I do not understand, where is Tom, I…”

One of the marines that stood close to the artifact spoke.

“I think I have found Tom, come and have a look.”
    “What do you mean-

The walls of the bunker were splattered with human remains, Nikolais face went white.

“Dear god…”
    “Well from the looks of it the aliens are working from the inside, the most important thing now is get this thing to safety since the aliens obviously wants to take it.”
    “Men secure this object, tomorrow we shall cleanse this town of aliens, just keep it safe until we can get in contact with the fleet again.”
    “Yes sir”

The marines moved out, one of them carrying the artifact.

“Do not worry mayor, this is our job, those aliens will not pester you for long.”
    “Can we please get out of here now?”
    “I do not think I ever want to set my foot into that place again.”
    “Poor Tom…”
    “Well we will begin our operations as soon day breaks whenever time that is on this planet.”
    “…Do that general, now if you excuse me I got a family to inform about their husbands and fathers death…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rules of the game (please note that I have made some changes to the protoss and the zergs special abilities.)

This game has not begun yet but feels free to talk (post) to each other (in-character); none of you know anything about the events of the story arc yet, just that some persons have been killed in town (that you might know), there is some mysterious relic here and that marines have showed up in town.
    The colonists from the outer farms have also come to town so there are a lot of unfamiliar faces in town right now.

Details
    A player will need at least 25 % of the votes to get lynched.
    This game will use Helgraf's Scry Interference Rule:

Scry interference: Should more than one scryier type scry the same person in the same round, all results focused on that person will fail, due to cross-scrying interference ... too many people using the third eye to try and look at the same person at the same time create resonance that effectively cancels them out. They'd know the scry failed and why, but not who the other parties looking were.*snip*
    Players Alive 6/21
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freshmeat_ Lynched by the Terrans Day 5. Archon
    easyname
    Zombie pixe
    Zar Peter Killed by the Protoss Night 2. The Zerg Queen
    Griever
    Aemoh Lynched by Terrans Day 7. Infected Psionic.
    Fin
    MadHatter Auto-lynched Day 2. Colonist
    Deimos Hellfire Auto-lynched Day 4. Colonist
    Leper_Kahn Lynched by the Terrans Day 3. Infiltrator
    LeoMan Auto-lynched Day 4. Colonist
    Doseki
    DemonicAngel Killed by the Protoss Night 4. Colonist
    Fleeing Coward Lynched by Terrans Day 6. Judicator Amdor
    EmperorDemonking Killed by the Protoss Night 6. Colonist.
    Murska Lynched by the Terrans at Day 4. Colonist
    hap_hazard Killed by the Zerg Night 7. MacGregor Golding
    Saint Nil Lynched by the Terrans at Day 2. The Defiler
    Dragoon Killed by the Zerg at Night 3. Colonist
    Low-Key Auto-lynched Day 5. Marine.
    Yspoch Killed by the Zerg Night 5. Marine
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-06-01 at 04:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga - game thread (move to structured)

Just a quick post to get the thread on my subscription list (yeah, there are other ways to, but why bother ). Looking forward to this game (and now to try to get up to date with the other games! )

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga - game thread (move to structured)

More than a year here and never used a subscription list... maybe I should begin with one.

Anyway... has the game officially started? I assume so but you hadn't specifically stated it in the first post. (Like... Day begins and ends in about 48 hours)
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

No the game have not started yet, think it as an pre-game phase as in spytrap II.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-05-02 at 07:12 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

I always knew I was evil, just didn't know how evil until I got told I'm on Protoss and Zerg
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga - game thread (move to structured)

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I always knew I was evil, just didn't know how evil until I got told I'm on Protoss and Zerg
    *notes*

and um...

cookie?
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

7. - Top - End - #7

I am deeply sorry everyone.
    Now some of you are going to have three different roles in your mailboxes becuase I screw up two times with the roles.
    Thankfully the game haven't started yet so the game is still on, I just have to recall all your roles and give you new ones, again.
    I aplogize for this.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Note to self; Point at fleeing coward.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

wow! fire! things blowing up?! intrigue and mystery!? storms???

sounds like a good place to have a holiday home.

Murska, fancy helping me find a good place to build it?

now... to find a place out of this damned wind....
    Kneel before the mighty Deimos Hellfire!
    The Incendia Tempestas!!
    Lord of the Flame!!!
    Kneel i say!! Kneel!!!!!
    ...Please?

It hurts my neck having to look up at you all the time.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

this should be fun, hopefully will last long than the second round in my first WW game.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

11. - Top - End - #11

The game should start when the mods move this thread to the structured games section of the forum, I have already written the opening scene.

12. - Top - End - #12

To move the thread PM a mod, preferable Alarra or Roland St. Jude

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    To move the thread PM a mod, preferable Alarra or Roland St. Jude
    Yeah I did message Alarra some hours ago, maybe I should message Roland too...

14. - Top - End - #14

In the meantime, could I have the player list...?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My old avatars, in order of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    If the players don't, its a glaive to the face.
    I was tempted to just have that say "Its a glaive to the face."

15. - Top - End - #15

Seconded, it would be nice to see who were working/fighting agaisnt.

EDIT: Never mind, found it.
    Last edited by Saint Nil; 2008-05-02 at 07:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos Hellfire View Post
    wow! fire! things blowing up?! intrigue and mystery!? storms???

sounds like a good place to have a holiday home.

Murska, fancy helping me find a good place to build it?

now... to find a place out of this damned wind....

Eh, I join my first WW game on this site, say nothing except for joining and I get singled out BEFORE THE GAME EVEN BEGINS?

That's got to be the new record.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

17. - Top - End - #17

((Even thought this game is not even in the structured game section I guess it can begin anyway.
    Now just ignore all the OOC talk before this post))

Another day dawns for the colonists of Free Heaven.
    Last night Tom, beloved father and husband died under mysterious consequences, the mayor only told his wife how he died and she do not seems to want to share the secret.

There are no signs of the marines that arrived last night, at least not yet, but there is something amiss in the town, Nikolai have ordered that no one is going to leave or enter town, the official reason is that the storm is increasing in strength but some says that it has something to do with the recent deaths in the town.

The barricade that some of the men was building a few days ago have been reinforced and everyone know that something is not right, the town is no longer a safe place to be it seems.
    Panic was spreading among the colonists what was really going on and why didn’t the mayor tell them anything.

Some people suspected that this somehow had something to do with the strange object Octavia and Lars have been taking back to the town; it had a very alien aura about it.
    Lars was the first person to go missing and then when all the farmers from the outer farms came here after the attacks there, things had become worse.
    The last three days four people had died or gone missing not even the hardened colonists of Bhekar Ro where used to these kinds of deaths they where too fast too unpredictable the spore plague had at least gone away once they burned all the infected crops this was something that they could not get rid of that easily.

There where many questions and it seemed that there where finally going to be some answers when Nikolai at least came out from his office.
    The townspeople weary of knowing nothing about the strange events gathered around him.

“Colonists of Free Heaven as you already know we have lately lost some of our fellow colonists and I now know the cause of this.”
    “Last night a man named General Duke came to our town, he had been send by the so called Terran Dominion to retrieve the artefact Octavia and Lars found.”

“But this artefact seems to have drawn some unwanted attention, you all know how Octavia described the light the artefact send out when they found it?”
    “It seems like that light have drawn… alien creatures to this colony, they seems to be responsible for all the deaths that have occurred lately.”

Panic could be seen trough the crowd, people where yelling at the mayor and it looked like some where already planning to leave the colony.
    “Please, stay calm, General Duke have promised that he and his men will take care of this, in fact they are here right now hiding among you.”
    These words didn’t seem to exactly calm down the crowd but Nikolai kept talking.

“General Duke has told me that it seems like the aliens are working from within… he told me that the creatures… might have taken up the identities of fellow colonists.”
    Now people also begun screaming at each other but Nikolai kept the peace some of the people in the unofficial town guard where calming people down.

"So general duke wants us to… nominate someone that we think is an alien, I know this might seem like a radical tactic but he is in the military and he have experience with situations like this so we should all just keep calm and well tell me who seems most likely to be an err alien creature.”
    Then he and his men will take care fo the rest...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game begins now with a day phase and it will end in after 48 hours, then the night phase will begin, vote for one person to avoid auto-lynch.
    Day actions will be send to me and Eita.

Just some quick notes: all recruitment attempts will be send to me and Eita with the name of the player you want to recruit not to the player itself.´
    The game will be quite short since its only 21 players in it, but I hope it will be fun anyway.

Players Alive, 21/21

Freshmeat_
    easyname
    Zombie pixe
    Zar Peter
    Griever
    Aemoh
    Fin
    MadHatter
    Deimos Hellfire
    Leper Kahn
    LeoMan
    Doseki
    DemonicAngel
    FleeingCoward
    EmperorDemonking
    Murska
    hap_hazard
    Saint Nil
    Dragoon
    Low-Key
    Yspoch
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2008-05-05 at 11:05 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

I call a premptive strike against against Emperor Demonking. He has weapons of Mass Destruction hidden in his base.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Fleein coward, you, you.. I'm actually loss for words on how to describe you."

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Eh, I join my first WW game on this site, say nothing except for joining and I get singled out BEFORE THE GAME EVEN BEGINS?

That's got to be the new record.
    Well, I think Shadow once got a majority of votes before the game began so a single vote is not that bad.
    And your post shows that you are not inactive which is very good in my eyes so I won't point at you (the first rounds after all)

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

I point at Petey, because I havent attacked him or tried to kill him for a while.
    Last edited by Zombie pixe; 2008-05-03 at 02:24 PM.
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

aww, i made a fool of myself before the game even began?! that is a new personal best thats for sure!

I'm sure you guys will get used to it. it does happens surprisingly frequently.

and can you blame me for being eager?

However!! since the sophisticated method of vote choice (eeny meeny miney mo) took so so long im still going to ask if Murska would kindly give me a hand finding a good place to build my holiday retreat!
    Last edited by Deimos Hellfire; 2008-05-03 at 07:25 AM.
    Kneel before the mighty Deimos Hellfire!
    The Incendia Tempestas!!
    Lord of the Flame!!!
    Kneel i say!! Kneel!!!!!
    ...Please?

It hurts my neck having to look up at you all the time.

23. - Top - End - #23

I point at Deimos Hellfire for pointing before the game begain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmh. I'd point back at you but I don't really think you're a bad guy. Too obvious. So I'm just going to randomly point at someone who hasn't posted yet.

Murska points at Leper Kahn, for being too good at Starcraft.
    Last edited by Murska; 2008-05-05 at 10:28 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie pixe View Post
    I point at Petey, because I havent attacked him or tried to kill him for a while.
    ?

Well, I point at Zombie pixe for stealing my initials.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2008-05-04 at 01:27 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    ?

Well, I point at Zombie pixe for stealing my initials.
    I knew this argument would surface eventualy...

*goes off to look for some good reasons himself to keep them*
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

27. - Top - End - #27

*Points at Freshmeat_*

Let's face it! With a name like that you've got to be zerg!

So what if it doesn't make any sense?
    The GitP WarCraft III The Frozen Throne Group: USEast(Azeroth), channel op GitP, 4 PM EST Friday
    The GitP StarCraft BroodWar Group: USEast, channel op GitP, 5 PM EST Saturday

http://apina.biz/11996.jpg

Dr. Bath has created a masterpiece... I call it my avatar.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

I point at Saint Nil for...for..
    -SPLAT!-

29. - Top - End - #29

I point at Griever. Because the dice tell me to.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Dragoon... the dice are a lie.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?