New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Of Thorns and Rain (IC, Changeling)

Feast of the Garnet Serpent

The sky is slightly overcast today. Occasionally you may feel a tiny drop of water on your skin but it never actually starts to rain.
    Seth, the King of Spring, has only been in power for a couple of years. This year he sent invitations to all the courts inviting them to a new event he was instituting. He called it The Feast of the Garnet Serpent. For one reason or another be it actual interest, boredom, or encouragement by your fellows you have decided to attend. It is obvious not everyone did though. The number of guests that wander the field of tall grass is much lower than at the Spring Revel. That said, all the monarchs of the seasons are present. Even the Autumn Queen is in attendance. And you do recognize several Lost that you know.
    Tables are set up laden with food and chairs are set up inside the gazeboes scattered around the area. Some changelings have set up blankets near the edge of the river that flows by the Feast, attracting ducks in the process.
    Despite the casual festivities you can’t help feeling there is an air of anticipation, that the celebration is something more than a fancy picnic. Suspicion floats barely noticed on the air. It slithers through the grass like a snake, wary and whispering.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-05-03 at 11:32 AM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Of Thorns and Rain (IC, Changeling)

Davi

Davi sits relaxing under the largest tree that he can find, letting the trunk support his back as he lazily watches the festivities. He tasted a little of the food at the start of the picnic, but he has since been relaxing. He's dressed a little more informally than he probably should be, as his only piece of hedgespun clothing is a tight black t-shirt with an embroidered red bird which flaps its wings and flies across the fabric surface. He wears it under a mundane black sports coat with a pair of his least worn jeans.

All of these people are here, but I don't think that it was ever announced what was actually being celebrated. I certainly don't know what this event was called for to honour.

In one of the inside pockets of Davi's jacket sits his lockpicking knife, folded and concealed. He doesn't plan on using it, but he thought that he should bring it just in case. It is, after all, just as much a tool as it is a weapon.
    Last edited by jagadaishio; 2008-05-05 at 08:55 PM.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Tom:

Tom was hunched over near the thickest grasses he could find, and looked like he was simply enjoying the view. Looks can be deceiving. Rather than waste his time, he was gathering information, as much information as possible about what is happening. This was a very, very strange situation which was occurring and with the appearance of all four of the Kings and Queens of the courts in attendance, very, very strange in deed.

He had already eaten and wasn't in the mood to socialize, this was as safe a place as ever to do so, but he just didn't feel like doing so. Besides he was enjoying it, a place to gather information with like minded individuals, what more was there to ask for? But until the ceremony was ready, he saw no need to do anything other than sit and wait.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Davi

Several other Lost have choosen the tree as a good place to converse. Mikey, a Beast with mountain sheep horns stands in the branches above, the impaciably dressed Rodger Reddoor has laid his perfectly folded blanket carefully on the uneven ground. A couple more sit around still eating.
    Mikey and Rodger have been talking for the last couple of minutes about the Feast.
    "Well in my opinion, I think it's good to have another event. The freehold could use with a little mixing up now and then. Can't just stagnate in tradition." voices Mikey.
    Rodger scoffs. "And I suppose you would be fine with disbanding the Court system. Tradition gives us foundations and strength. There is power in the tried and true ways. As it stands, this amounts to little more than a picnic that has thrown many of us into confusion. We don't even truely know what purpose it serves other than causing chaos."

Tom

From his observation spot Tom sees a changeling approaching him. She is Natasha Cress, an elderly Woodblood who always seems to be in the background of Court events. Many believe the only reason the Winter Queen, Shashta, keeps her around is to more enhance the Flowering's own antique beauty. Both are rumored to be over 130 years of age (though neither looks more than 70) and the longest ruling monarchs of all the courts.
    Natasha is rather unassuming and down right plain. Her skin a dull earthen brown with barely visible patterns of ferns, ivy, and undergrowth. Small white flowers, much like baby's breath, are barely visible scattered in her graying hair. Her cloths are practical yet elegant but even they tend to be bland in color and when compared to others.
    Her voice is quite when she speaks, but then it always is. "Hello Tom. It is good to see you here. Would you mind me sitting with you for awhile?"

Knowledge specific to Tom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most in the other Courts take little notice of Natasha. She is a background figure to them with little political importance. Even most of the Winter court largely ignores her. Only the most observant or loyal know the full extent of her power, both mystic and courtly. She works subtle plots and has the Queen's ear in almost if not all matters. Her contracts are powerful but rarely used. Tom knows all this through careful observation.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-05-04 at 01:50 PM.
    Check out Avatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Timmy wanders around aimlessly at the event. The fact that it was called a Feast is greatly encouraging, and gives him an objective beyond the usual. Timmy finds himself alone again, and in need of friends. Even he knows that one man against Arcadia isn't going to turn out well for the one man. Most of the changelings present seem to be avoiding him, though, so he occupies himself with eating food, and keeping an ear out for anybody discussing anything militant.

Hmm. The food is okay. Everyone here is boring. Maybe all the other good people knew that only boring people would be here and decided not to go. Maybe I should leave. Nah, I'll eat more first.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Angela sits in one of the gazebos sipping on coffee. She's wearing her Hedgespun outfit, since this is an event of some importance called by her own court. She does her best to not show how exposed she's feeling. She affects her good social graces when other changelings come by, but otherwise doesn't seem to be keeping anyone's company for an extended period of time. She's biding her time until the main festivities start, and hopefully explain the sudden ceremony.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Tom:

Tom was surprised to see whom was approaching him, quite literally a representation of the Queen herself in so many ways. At first, as it is often the case to think so, he thought he was in some kind of trouble and his mind went racing to see if he had done anything wrong: he hadn't. Tom turned his head slightly as she neared, he had no knowledge of why she was approaching him, so it was best to look very casual unless otherwise asked. As she neared he bowed his head very slightly. He wasn't entirely sure how to give the proper greeting to a member in as high a standing as her, but whom chose or was told to, keep a very low profile.

Oh he knew of her, and he had explained very minor pleasantries with her, but this was very much out of the ordinary. Mind you, this was a very much out of the ordinary situation they were in right now.

He smiled slightly and looked natural, even though he was trying to understand what she required of him. He said, hough his left ear did flicker slightly at the request, it was the only brief and slight. He maintained his composure.

"Of course." He said in just as soft a voice, and smiled again, though it was readily apparent (nor did he try to hide it) that there was something she wanted of him in some matter or another. This was the perfect oppertunity to do so, most people paid no attention to either of them, and meeting in private would be noticiable. A public meeting in an out of the way, but safe and secure area, was really the best option. Clearly she was as good as he thought she was.

He wished he had a blanket to offer, but she was a changeling of the plants, and being such, he doubted she would mind sitting on the soil for a brief meeting.

Once she sat down, he looked at her, but his ears were searching the grass for others who might be listening to their conversation.

Again he softly asked, "What can I do for you?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Timmy

Timmy wonders the field but has little luck in finding a conversation that suits his tastes. Some groups seem to have started a new topic as he approaches but it is inevitably dull and mundane.
    But after doing a circuit several times he catches one group of three off guard. They are Summer courtiers in fairly high standing all from the same motley.
    I have it on good authority that the courts plan organizing a group to combat threats.
    And you think they set up all this just to ask for volunteers. I'm sorry but I think there is more to it than.. They fall silent upon realize that Timmy there but also know that he has heard them and likely peeked his interest.

Angela

More than a few Lost express appreciative views on Angela's dress. The passing comments on her attire probably do more to embarrass her than inspire pride though. As time passes a slow trickle of people start to flow into the covered pavilion on the far side of the field.

Tom

"Thanks you." she says as she eases down onto the slightly damp grass. She sat for several seconds looking over the gathering then sighed.
    As you and so many others have no doubt guessed this is far more than a mere celebration of good food. She in breathes deeply. There as been tension between the seasonal courts. Mostly between Summer and our Queen, though even Spring has become involved lately. Only Autumn has remained clear of any direct involvement. It has all been kept remarkably quite but you should know dangerous accusations have been given from many directions. This Feast is the proposed solution.
    It's purpose is to form a motley with members from all the courts. Their purpose will be to handle issues on which the courts cannot choose an action for. But a second purpose also exists for you.

Natasha turns to look Tom in the eyes. It is the first time he has ever made true eye contact with her. The intensity of her gaze is unnerving. In that moment he finds it hard to even think of her as the old and overlooked woman. Her eyes are clear, deep, wise but most of all piercing. When she finally breaks the stare he lets out breath he hadn't realized he was holding. She goes back to looking out across the field, once again the unassuming elder.
    I take a risk but I feel you can be trusted with this despite what has been said.
    You have been accused of being a loyalist.
    The softness of her voice belays the full impact of this statement.
    Check out Avatar

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Timmy overhears the Summer courtiers and is delighted that the night isn't a total waste. Hey, I know those guys, they're Summer too. That's good. They'll like that I'm all Summery. Maybe they'll talk to me. And Timmy is indeed very Summery. However, Timmy doesn't really get that there's more to being liked than being Summery. He quickly approaches them.

"Hey guys! Glad to see you. So who's making a group to fight? And what are they going to fight? They need volunteers? Let's volunteer. It'll be you guys and me, cracking skulls. What do you say? And what's the details?

Poor, poor, hopeless Timmy.

10. - Top - End - #10

Davi

Davi smirks when he hears someone openly mirroring his thoughts, but otherwise remains silent as he continues to eavesdrop on the conversation. Davi keeps a close watch on where people are congregating, ready to move if it looks like any of the higher-ups of the courts are about to make any sort of a speech. Until then, he relaxes under the tree, just enjoying being outside.

Well, I suppose that I'm not the only one who finds this event unusual. I really do hope that it is nothing more than a picnic, though.
    Last edited by jagadaishio; 2008-05-05 at 08:53 PM.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Tom:

Tom turned his head after she sat down, and looked out into the grass with one eye and kept his other one on the lady. It wasn't meant to be rude, but truth be told he was very slightly nervous right now; it was readily noticeable (he didn't even think to try and hide what he knew of her) that he was just a tad nervous. However, what was even more apparent was Tom's curiosity. He was after all a cat.

In some ways Tom got along well with the Autumn Court's view of fear, being terribly, terribly afraid of what had happened, but Tom chose to put that fear into hiding, into being small, not into making something to go forth and attack or make life better here on the otherside of the hedge, and to regret what had happened to his friends.

In explaining the first part, he rose his eyebrow very slightly. Tom, like all Winter members, was a man of subtleness. It certainly explained a lot. Winter and Summer did not get along too well, what with their two very different ways to deal with the Fey and life in general. Squabbles occurred between the two houses, but this was something very different. He made a sound that sounded like 'hmm', but said nothing. The reasoning for the feast made sense, it was a serious situation, and it called for them all to come together in harmony.

It's purpose is to form a motley with members from all the courts. Their purpose will be to handle issues on which the courts cannot choose an action for.

Tom turned his head and stared in shock. Whatever was happening to the courts was pretty darn serious. Now Tom was aware enough th to know hat things weren't great, but he didn't know that it was so bad that the courts could come to absolutely no agreement.

But a second purpose also exists for you.

His eyes widened in surprise, his ear tingling slightly. He didn't like the way this discussion was going.

And then the stare happened. His eyes looked into hers, and he couldn't stopped. She was ancient, ancient but still human. The elders always had a sense of too much being of the Fey, he was happy they were on his side, but Tom felt it. Tom felt it all. Tom felt afraid and scared, and small. While the eye contact continued Tom sunk down, literally staring him down, only rising when her eyes continued. How could anyone think she was anything other than powerful. A few cold sweat drops came down post-stare, but that was nothing in comparison to what she was going to say.

I take a risk but I feel you can be trusted with this despite what has been said.

He gulped a gasp of air. Tom was literally putty right now.

You have been accused of being a loyalist.

He couldn't breathe. His gray skin went grayer, but not in the sense of magic, but in the sense that he was feeling very, very sick. His pupils dilated and he just stared at her with teary eyes. What a thing to be accused of. What a thing, and his gray skin turned slightly green. The thought literally sickened him, the thought that he was being accused of something so disgusting was simply as it said, disgusting.

"No, f-**** n-now." He stuttered. "N-no, n-not ever-r."

He took several seconds to catch his breath, and compose himself. Wiped the tears from his eyes (truth be told he wasn't making such a huge scene, he was just very, very quiet when something like this happened. Deep breaths helped him get back to normal.

"What can I do," Tom continued, "to prove them wrong, ma'am."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Timmy
    At the mention of details, the central changelings tow companions look to him. Uncomfortably pushed to the fore, he hems and haas a couple seconds.
    “Well you see when I said good authority… I mean I was using threats in a general term… Organizing a group could mean…”
    When it became clear that he was only delaying the inevitable he sighed.
    “You see from what I’ve heard the courts are making a motley. I don’t know exactly what for but it would be a good guess it’s to deal with stuff none of the courts want to dirty their hands with.
    We’d volunteer in a second of course but we…. our pledge remains in effect for another…. nine months.”
    The others nod enthusiastically.
    “But I’m sure jealous of folks like you. Getting to battle some of the fiercer enemies of the Lost.” The crowd begins to shift into the pavilion and the changeling’s eyes light up.
    “Well it was great talking to you but it looks like speeches are about to start.”
    The motley hurries into the maw of the pavilion, swallowed by the crowd.

Davi

The conversation goes on switching from time to time. “Do you think it will ever just start raining?” “The ducks are nice but be careful of the geese, they’re evil birds.” “I hope I can take home any extra cobbler after this is done.”After several minutes Davi notices the trend of people heading inside. Mikey jumps down from his perch to follow/bother Rodger some more.

Tom

“They’re main objection seems to be that your reclusiveness might have worn on your sanity and loyalty. You have done an excellent job at passing on information discreetly and the Queen feels revealing your efforts could jeopardize some of what we have worked for. As such I am sorry to say we have let the accusation stand.
    “But if you were to join this group ease the suspicions. After all, one of the Gentries’ pets would not become part of something that all the Courts would be watching with scrutiny. Especially if his methods of betrayal seemed to hinge on stealth and solitude.

Natasha runs her hand over the thick grass almost as if it were hair, then goes on.
    “But as serious as the voices raised against you I feel it hints at a deeper problem. I have discovered a hobgoblin that may have played a role in the lies being spread. I have been unable to take further action in finding and talking to it without direct interaction. But I feel with the help of your motley you could ferret it out. It is called The Singing Magpie and is said to look parrot with the tails of a fox and scorpion.”The last of the gathering is heading into the pavilion. It looks as if the ceremony is about to begin. The old woodblood gets slowly to her feet. Her final words before leaving give no hint of the serious conversation they had just had.
    “Thank you for your company. It was nice talking to you.”She makes her way across the field. From this view, it would be easy for eyes to go over her in search of something more interesting or important looking. The understated elegance and posture just doesn’t catch attention.
    Check out Avatar

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Timmy's eyes light up. "General threats? That's good. It means that there's going to be a lot of stuff to fight. Important stuff, probably.

We’d volunteer in a second of course but we…. our pledge remains in effect for another…. nine months.”

The eager glow around Timmy dims a little. "You can't volunteer your whole group? Are you already in a war with somebody? Oh well. I'll take some trophies in your honor. Timmy doesn't entirely realize what's going on, but he gets the general idea. He finishes exchanging a few words with them, before noticing the flow of people toward the pavillion. The motley disappears into the crowd, and Timmy does too.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Angela finally gets curious about the gathering in the pavillion. She stands, carefully to make sure she doesn't show any MORE skin, and heads over to join the throng.

15. - Top - End - #15

Davi

Davi quickly realizes that listening to these two pop from topic to topic is, quite possibly, less informative than listening to silence would be. With this in mind, and seeing everyone slowly start to move indoors, Davi stands and begins to follow. As he moves out from under the tree, he stares up into the sky with a sad look while he walks.

I'll fly again someday. What's going on over here, though? Maybe I'll learn what this picnic's true purpose is.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Goite.

Goite dreamily drifts along the edges of the gathering, passively watching the people around here. The light and warmth of the sun always makes her feel lethargic, and she vaguely wonders why events like this are always scheduled in the day time. But she's just feeling too mellow to care, enjoying the sensation of a full belly and a sense of safety.

She sits down in a shady patch of trees, and considers taking a little nap until something interesting happens.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Tom:

“They’re main objection seems to be that your reclusiveness might have worn on your sanity and loyalty. You have done an excellent job at passing on information discreetly and the Queen feels revealing your efforts could jeopardize some of what we have worked for. As such I am sorry to say we have let the accusation stand."

Tom having more or less gotten himself fairly under control, nodded, and said, "I understand" in a low, low voice. What was requested was necessary for the court, so much so, that the Winter court at least gave him the benefit of the doubt and watched out for him to some degree.

It also pleased him that he was well regarded and respected for his ability to gather information despite his low rank, but that slight achievement was nothing in comparison to the charge against him.

“But if you were to join this group ease the suspicions. After all, one of the Gentries’ pets would not become part of something that all the Courts would be watching with scrutiny. Especially if his methods of betrayal seemed to hinge on stealth and solitude.

"I'll do so." That would get rid of many of the suspicions, but not all of them. He had no real desire to do so, but if he could help then he would, reluctantly (and only to clear up his name), fine he wouldn't have done it under orders, but he would do it. Besides maybe ... it might be fun, the sarcastic voice returned with a riiiiiiiight. >_>;;

“But as serious as the voices raised against you I feel it hints at a deeper problem. I have discovered a hobgoblin that may have played a role in the lies being spread. I have been unable to take further action in finding and talking to it without direct interaction. But I feel with the help of your motley you could ferret it out. It is called The Singing Magpie and is said to look parrot with the tails of a fox and scorpion.”

His eyes lit up slightly at the sound of that one, it rose in pure anger at the dispicableness of the creature, but he simply nodded his head, not willing to risk words on it. Trust a goblin to meddle in the courts, but goblins were of the Hedge, he was of the mortals (mostly) trying to discern information on this regard would be too tricky.

“Thank you for your company. It was nice talking to you.”
    "And to you too, ma'am." It was a good mixture of respect and casualness. What they talked about never happened, and after about a minute of watching the birds on the water, and collecting himself for what was about to come. He hurried on after the group, and it occurred to him, his fellow motley members, and went inside from a different angle than the wise Winter woman from before.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

The Pavilion

The hints at of a drizzle finally grow to something more. Numerous small droplets come down, forming more of a heavy mist rather than rain. The rain forces the rest of the changelings into the shelter of the pavilion.
    Rows of chairs fill the inside and a podium stands at the far end. The seating is more than adequate. The queens and kings have arranged themselves behind the speaker’s stand.
    When the last of the crowd has filed in Seth stands. The Spring king is not what one would expect a leechfinger to look like. He has the features of a jackal. There is a slight smell of death about him though, and his left hand is desiccated like it was mummified.
    He speaks with joy and enthusiasm. “Welcome my fellow. I cannot say how glad I am to have all of you come and enjoy the festivities today. Before getting to the main speech I would like to thank everyone who helped set up this up. Special thanks to Mr. Renolds for getting us the field and pavilion, Mrs. Withers for arranging the food, and of course anyone else who contributed.

“Spring. It is a time for renewal, and new beginnings. The garnet is a stone that undergoes immense pressure and heat. It transforms into the precious stone it is through the trials it has to endure. The serpent sheds its skin, a symbol of rebirth.
    That is why I have called this Feast with the support of the other monarchs. To usher in a new age of cooperation between the courts. We are asking those present to help form a motley that will promote this collaboration. This group will be given tasks as well as take action on its own that it deems necessary and will of course be rewarded for its efforts.”

An awkward silence falls over the room as the Antlered King continues to smile. Murmurs are whispered across the silence and uncomfortable shifting is heard. The queen of the Leaden Mirror looks very displeased.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 XP awarded for the first week of the game.
    Check out Avatar

19. - Top - End - #19

Davi

Davi looks around, trying to gauge the reactions of the others present to this information. He doesn't speak, though, in case the Spring King or one of the other monarch decides to continue speaking.

That's rather vague. He didn't mention what the selection process would be like, nor did he mention what the tasks for which the motley would be formed might consist of.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Tom:

After establishing himself somewhere near the back, but not the back-back (old habits do die hard) he heard what was said, what was not said, and who was doing what. By now, he was completely and totally under control, the water in his eyes evaporated, the redness more or less gone (to the point that it would take someone to look exactly at his eyes to notice it) and his voice was more under control, which was good, because Tom was the first one to break the silence.

He raised his hand, waited a second (to see if anyone called him out like, 'yes Tom') and then said, fairly quietly but still load enough, "I'll do it."

He didn't like to be the first one to volunteer, but it would at least get the other courts to start it (after all Winter Court, was what they were) and he wanted to make sure that he was the one to represent the Winter court.

He felt somewhat comfortable doing so though. Those who suspected him, however falsely, couldn't call him out publically without some sort of proof.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

Angela

Angela raises an eyebrow. "Whoever they are, they'll just be caught in factional politics like a maelstrom. I'd certainly hate to be stuck with THAT assignment."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Timmy

A motley? From all courts? Ugh. They'll never get any fighting done. They definitely won't be able to handle general threats. Nobody from the the other courts is worth crap in a fight. Well, maybe some of the Falls...maybe.

Timmy notices Tom volunteer, and continues thinking, Who's that? He looks like a Winter. He'll probably just hide from everything and spy on them. If that's supposed to combat general threats, the kings sure aren't very smart. I wonder if the Summer king said okay to this. He would know that they're not going to be able to fight anything with a group like that.
    Last edited by Serrin; 2008-05-12 at 05:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Seth seems surprised by Tom's raised hand but almost immediately goes back to his painfully pleasant smile. "Very good."
    Shashta, Winter Queen smiles at Tom, clearly pleased that it was her court that was first to step forward. Another voice is heard. An autumn changeling with quills and feathers in her hair. But as no other volunteers step forward she gives a small sigh.
    Beside her, Marion Queen of the Leaden Mirror gives off an air of exasperation that nearly cries out "I told you so".
    Several more long seconds pass with the Emerald crown looking expectantly around the pavilion.
    Then the Ashen Queen stands quite abruptly, shedding the dust and cobwebs that hang from her. She walks over to Seth and whispers into his ear. He seems taken aback but yields the stand to her. The other monarchs almost wince at her actions.
    Her voice hits the crowd, stern and harsh. "I'll be blunt. This was not entirely unexpected, especially with the way it was presented. Though I will say never again will I call the Winter court cowards. They put the rest of you to shame.
    "I understand your reluctance. I share some of them. But groups have existed before in which different courts were pledged into one motley. And while some disagreements occurred I am sure, it happens in any group. The turmoil of courtly politics need not go any further than the presentation of whatever task is deemed appropriate to assign. While suggestions will be given, the decision will rest solely with the motley and no repercussions will be given if it goes against a court's normal way of doing things.
    "Despite what you may think, effort and thought has been put into this.
    "
    She glares across the room as if daring someone to contradict her.
    "Now, certain details cannot be discussed a present but if you have any concerns, voice them now."
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-05-14 at 12:38 AM.
    Check out Avatar

24. - Top - End - #24

Davi

Well, at least I know what the selection process is now.

Davi stands up and raises a hand briefly before lowering it again, just to draw attention to himself. "If I volunteer, will I have the option of resigning from the motley if decide that I don't like it? Or will it be so bound up in consensual oaths and pledges that it will be hard or impossible to leave?"
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Marion looks down her nose at Davi in a disapproving manner. "The motley will be pledge sworn till the next Feast is held. The courts will refrain from interfering in a negative way no matter the groups choices if that is your fear. Risk of backlash will keep them in check.
    Discontinuing the expected service will of course result in loss of court standing and prestige, as well as the poisoning of a boon granted. Is that satisfactory?"
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-05-15 at 11:12 PM.
    Check out Avatar

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Timmy growls,"Summer ain't no cowards either, but you haven't said anything any fighting. I'm not afraid of anything, but I ain't gonna waste my time in a group that just sits around talking or picking hedge fruits or stuff. But if there's going to be fighting that only Summer can handle, count me in.

27. - Top - End - #27

Davi

Davi glares back at Marion, momentarily ignoring and perceived gap in rank or seniority. He finds himself almost spitefully saying, "That's fine. I would be willing to apply," before he has time to stop himself. A string of Portuguese curses flare through his mind as he realizes that he just signed up for the motley without having anything more than a vague idea about what its purpose will really be.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Marion switches targets when Timmy speaks up.
    Fighting that "only Summer can handle" will be handled by the Summer Court. This group will be formed to take care of problems no one court can tackle without risk. If you think such a challenge is beyond your skills or where-with-all no one will question your courage, I'm sure. She gives a heartless smile as if challenging him to back down now.
    Check out Avatar

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Tom:

Phew. It was over, he was on the way to clear his name, and perhaps this thing would be ... interesting. Winter and Autumn would be represented, he was complimented, public ally, by two monarchs, including his own. It was a very, nice, to say the least, experience. He smiled and rested back. Even if this motley did not go through, and he was kind of hoping it wouldn't, he was clear of his name. If Summer court refused to step foreward, this only strenghens the Winter court's position. All was going well. He bowed his head to each monarch that mentioned him, in reference, and stayed back in the crowd.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

On his guard, Timmy knows when someone's trying to mess with him. All this talk about problem and challenges, and nothing about fighting. Math problems are problems, and crossword puzzles are challenging. Timmy didn't want a part of either.

"If there's battles to do, or a way to get back at the Others, I'm in it. I don't know what skills you're talking about, but I can fight, and I will fight. You're right, nobody will question our courage."