New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Circus Style! IC

Duurjeik

Duurjeik sighs, It's just like humans to warrd theirr prroperrty beyond rrecognition—only to neverr use it.

Duurjeik quickens his pace to catch back up with Spathi's caravan. He pulls himself back up onto the wagon and settles into a standing position next to the gnome circus master. "Theirr ponies had saddle bags; one filled with potions," He pulls the two yellow bottles out of his pouch. "And the otherrr was currsed, but appearrs to be empty—if ye want to take a look." He swings the cursed bag off his shoulder and holds it, willing to show it to any interested party.
    silver

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

((computer problems, might not be on until next friday... ))
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Araceae looks at dobnock with astonishment; you catch a knife with your ear these days? My my, you're getting older and better every day. The gnome grins at Dobnock and then winks at Trugnuk before addressing his point; Well yes that sounds fantastic I do like that idea! Hehehe! Well if you do require any help magically in any way you do let me know! The gnome takes his hands off the Reins and turns round yet the Reins stay in exactly the same place as if Araceae were still holding them while he inspects the bag; Hmmm There is some kind of magic on this nothing majorly threatening, I once knew a rival circus that used to give away little trinkets and ordinary items that were cursed. They were not nice people. They enjoyed performing for those they were going to kill! Disgusting! Anywho this could have killed someone weaker than you Duurjeik sop well done! Now could you pop that in my caravan and I'll properly inspect it later! Araceae motions to the door to his little caravan behind Duurjeik.
    As Duurjeik opens the door to Araceae's private quarters everyone takes a sneaky peek eager to see where he lives. What confronts you astonishes you: You look into the small caravan and see the inside of a mansion. A huge wooden mansion with statues dotted around with desks covered in objects ranging from match boxes to swords to huge books the size of a person and objects you don't even recognise. There are doors leading off from the main room all closed but you manage to spot at least 12 doors. Araceae notices you staring in astonishment and says rather off handedly; This caravan is at least 700 Years old. It was created by an old master of this circus and has been passed from Master to Master and has inevitably collected their various belongings. I'm not sure how big it is though I do know I got lost in there for a week once. I've never been able to find it since but I once found a room with a whole tribe of small furry humanoids about as big as a thumb living quite contentedly. Araceae looks inside for a minute then snaps out of his trance and says rather hurriedly; Oh please shut the door! I forgot the Golem gets ever so over excited if he sees daylight!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Femorrah

From all the possessions of the bandits, Femorrah examines only the daggers, especially one that seems particularly well-crafted, but eventually puts it back with the rest. "That's longer than my arm!" she laughs, and settles with the gnome's sling.

When the conversation turns to acts for the show, she looks excited, and Trugnuk's description makes her nod in approval. "Neat. I could help with the introduction there. You know, little halfling tries in vain to pick up the big pole and falls down exhausted - falling on stage never gets old!"

But then the door of Araceae Spathi's quarters opens, and all else fades. Femorrah had always been intrigued by it, but never had the chance to see it. She gasps and stares and her eyes become wide and dreamy.

"Oh Araceae , this is splendid! This is adorable! This is... Can I go in and have a look? Pleeeeease?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Jett, about that Spinning Wheel act, what would I need to roll to pull it off? And if I *ahem* miss, I wonder... is sneak attack damage obligatory in that case?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Araceae laughs gently at Femorrah; You may well go in there, but not today. When I leave the Circus I shall need to appoint a new leader or leaders of the Circus. If its you then of course you can go in! But you need some form of identification before you can get in! Araceae laughs softly as the door closes and then seems to fall into a pensieve mood as the Circus trundles through the plains heading towards the now sizeable speck in the distance. This city is known as Illwind and is widely regarded as the last major stop for any traveller heading to Panthera. We shall soon be there! The Circus continue on for a few hours and arrive at the outskirts of Illwind, it is a sizeable town and by Araceae's recommendations has a few good drinking holes! The Circus pitches up in a meadow by the citys main entrance. The caravans are directed into a circle and a sizeable fire is started as the sun begins to set. Tents are brought out from the appropriate caravan, the same caravan as the now awake Prisoners. You decide to leave them there for the mean time as you set up your own tent and get some food from chef who has prepared Roast hog and a vegetable bake for the vegetarians. You sit with Araceae as he tells you rambling stories of people he used to know and the circus' history. After the meal he says to you; What are we to do about our prisoners then?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Trugnuk has enjoyed the travel day, enjoyed the companionship, and enjoyed planning out new routines with his colleagues. His face clouds when the conversation turns back to the prisoners.

Well, I want to know how four guys thought they could stop a whole caravan. I figger we got a lot of questions to ask. But a lotta the time, I'm not so good with the talking. I was wondering maybe we could see what somebody like Dobnock might be able to trick out of them. Figured I could sort of lurk in the background, right?

He slides on the spiked gauntlet he sometimes wears.

Add to the effect of "you've crossed the wrong people," right?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

7. - Top - End - #127

Duurjeik

Duurjeik lays his hand gently on Trugnuck's gauntlet. "We should conferr with Dobnock firrst, he may have a spell for turrning enemies into frriends—frriends that arre morre than willing to talk."

He smiles grimly and looks back at Dobnock. "And if you do not possess the prroperr magic, we can always polymorrph them into animals and I will brreak theirr wills with a spell of my own."
    silver

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

The big man draws back a bit at Duurjiek's suggestion. He murmurs.

Kinky.

Shrugging, he turns to the others for ideas.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #129

Duurjeik

Duurjeik winks at Trugnuck, "I trrry, how could I rresist some juicy human males?"
    silver

10. - Top - End - #130

Grönkh

We could always jus' booze 'em up until they start talkin'. Tha's how we always done it at home.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

The gnome seems quite excited about the upcoming interrogation.

I'm afraid I do not posess any spell that can turn foe into friend, but I can be very persuasive when i want to. And if Grönkh er... "boozes them up" in addition, we should be able to get some answers.
    If you can't beat em, get someone else to do it for you.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Trugnuk grins.

It was your basic persuasiveness I was suggesting.

He steps up to retrieve one of the trussed-up bandits to bring to the group. Unless someone objects, he'll bring them forward and see if basic jostling will help retrieve awareness.