New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Circus Style! IC

Trugnuk

Still not trusting the archer to speak, Trugnuk continues to exert his control over the archer. He glances around.

I think we should take this one alive if we can. Anyone able to help me knock him out?

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed grapple check to retain pin: (1d20+15)[23]
    Non-lethal damage if successful (1d4+4)[7]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Duurjeik

"We should capturre as many as we can; executions can follow once we know theirr motives."

The dwarf once again attempts to strike the laughing human in the head with the butt of his spear. "Help me with this one as well."

Spoiler
    Show

attack - (d20+2)[22]
    non-lethal damage - (d8+3)[10]
    silver

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

Agreed! Death is always such a mess anyways.

Moving to the laughing human, Dobnock tries to knock him out, using the flat side of his sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+2)[12] Nonlethal damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    If you can't beat em, get someone else to do it for you.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Femorrah

"Well it was about time!" exclaims Femorrah as the ranting half-orc falls to the ground, and turns her attention to the love affair beside her.

Anyone able to help me knock him out?
    "Why, with pleasure, sir!" she says, and does exactly as told. Her boot slams to the archer's forehead. It is a small boot, admittedly, but it comes down hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    nonlethal damage with unarmed strike, attack (1d20+5)[17] (he gets -4 to AC for being pinned, doesn't he?) damage (1d2)[2] plus sneak attack (2d6)[8]

5. - Top - End - #95

Grönkh

Aye, Ah don't see why we can't take some alive!

He turns his attentions to the non-grappled human.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+7)[21]
    Nonlethal Damage - (1d6+4)[10]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[9]
    Nonlethal Damage - (1d6+4)[9]
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Ava

Erm, I'll just wait here until you guys beat the daylights out of them
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Gronkh turns turn the human and delivers some swift blows leaving the man out cold. Dobnock attempts to land a hit in for good measure but misses.
    Ava stands by and watches the scene continue to unfold waiting for her skills to come in handy.
    Trugnuk continues to grapple with the archer and continues to hold onto him with his brute strength allowing Femorrah to land a good hard kick to his head tossing him into darkness as he falls unconcious (SP?).
    Duurjeik also gives the human a hit in the head for good measure. The Human now has a bloody and bruised face.
    Looking over your dead enemies you find the following equipment;
    Spoiler
    Show

On the dead human;
    A great axe
    Chipped Breastplate Armor
    2 Potions
    1 different potion
    1 different potion
    A flask with liquid in.
    A dagger
    506gp

On the Gnome;
    A club
    A sling
    128gp

OOC; As all opponents have effectively been made harmless I'm no longer doing rounds. Actions whenever!

Health of PCs;
    Spoiler
    Show

Gronkh; 33/37
    Dobnock; 15/23
    Ava; 30/30
    Trugnuk; 35/43
    Femorrah; 23/23
    Duurjeik; 41/41

Map;
    Spoiler
    Show

KEY:
    A = Ava
    d = Dobnock (smaller than Duurjeik)
    D = Duurjeik
    F = Femorrah
    G = Gronkh
    T = Trugnuk
    @ = Araceae
    1 = The human PASSED OUT
    2 = The Half Orc DEAD
    3 = The Archer PASSED OUT
    4 = A dead gnome. DEAD
    N = NPC circus members

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Even after the man goes limp from Femorrah's formidable kick, Trugnuk keeps hold of him, just in case. He glances up to his employer in the wagon.

Hey, boss, I think we stowed some rope under the barker's platform in the back. Don't suppose you'd go and get it for us, would you?

He glances up at the others, clearly puzzled.

What in the hells do you figure all this was about. Suddenly, bandits think show folks as got some money?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Araceae looks at the scene in front of him and chuckles; Hehehe! Well now thatwas quite fun, I did enjoy watching it! Please, we've no reason to be go getting rope from somewhere silly... here! The gnome swishes his hand and a coil of silk appears beside Turgnuk; that's a little trick I was taught by a fellow who owned the brightest robes you've ever seen! They constantly beamed like the sun. I say what a fellow! Still these darned people look like ragamuffins and you did a swift job of dispatching them! There's a gnome like me too! Still I don't like him, look at the size of his chin! Its ridiculous! Araceae obviously isn't averse to any violence. Hmm let me see, I might have some knick knacks in this old caravan from my past circus leaders. Some of them had such brilliant minds and I might be able to find something to keep us busy over the rest of the journey. You can deal with these as you see fit.... Attacking an honest circus! Araceae snorts at his own joke knowing the circus isn't completely honest as everyone enjoys a bit of fun! He heads off into the caravan leaving you to deal with the prisoners.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Ava

So, what about the corpses? Food for crows or decent burial ?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

11. - Top - End - #101

Duurjeik
    "Theirr bodies will returrn to the earrth, in one way orr anotherrr, rregarrdless of our action. And it would be quickerr to simply lay them to rrest amongst the trrees."
    silver

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Trugnuk takes half of the rope and begins trussing the archer.

Well, do what you want with em, but pat em down first. More than anything, I'd like some answers as to what game they were playing in the first place.

Once the man is bound, Trugnuk takes his own advice, quickly checking for any personal effects on the bowman.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

The bodies of the fallen enemies are taken just into the woods by Ava and Duurjeik, they dump the bodies about 10 feet in and notice 2 ponies another 20 feet in, both with saddles and saddle bags on.
    As Trugnuk ties the archer he looks through his personal effects and finds the following;
    Spoiler
    Show

Studded Leather Armor
    A nice sharp Dagger
    A Shortbow
    687gp

Checking the Archer over Trugnuk finds a Tattoo on the back of the Archer's neck. It is of a Lizard encircled by a sun.

OOC; If anyone wants any of this equipment from any of the enemies just say so IC please...
    Last edited by JettWilderbeast; 2008-06-06 at 07:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Duurjeik

Duurjeik immediately moves over to the ponies and begins making their acquaintance. He breathes into their nostrils and allows them to sniff him, "I have apples back at the carravan,"

After allowing the horses to relax to his presence, he starts to lead them back towards the caravan.

Spoiler
    Show

Wild Empathy - (d20+7)[18]
    silver

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Duurjeik manages to lead the ponies over to the caravan with no problem, it seems these are well trained ponies. They are both wearing full riding gear and each has a saddle bag.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Trugnuk dispassionately tosses Araceae the archer's moneypurse. He reload's Father and stows it and the archer's bow behind the driver's seat, and tucks the dagger in his belt for now.

At sight of the ponies, Trugnuk grins.

Hey, nice work, Duurjiek! Only two? Odd. Maybe they used them mostly as pack animals. Hey, boss! You remember how you were talking about starting up a pony ride for the kiddies?

He nudges the unconscious archer with his boot.

I say we chuck em in the wagon and head on. Chat once they wake up on their own. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to be hell and gone from this spot, specially since they might have friends.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-06-06 at 10:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Araceae catches the money bag and opens the caravan door and throws it in then closes the door again; Hmm yes, you're right! Well then lets truss them into the equipment caravan I believe its the Caravan behind the one behind. I say getting attacked, well its certainly been an interesting day so far! We've still got some distance to cover though my good friends so may I suggest we carry on?
    Araceae sits in the Driver's seat and takes the reins of the two horses; I'd suggest either some people ride these beautiful little ponies or we tie them to the side of the caravan, I say little ponies, to me they are quite big! Hehehe! It is funny being small!

18. - Top - End - #108

Duurjeik

Duurjeik nods his thanks to Trugnuk for the compliment before speaking to the gnome. "Excuse me, Spathi, but I would like to intrroduce these beasts to the rrest of the animals; I'll take them back therre now if you don't mind."

While he waits for Spathi's response, the dwarf checks the saddle bags for anything interesting.
    Last edited by TRM; 2008-06-06 at 11:33 AM.
    silver

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Araceae grins at Duurjeik; Oh of Course! Please do! Yes, I believe all animals have personalities and likes and dislikes so of course, it is of upmost importance for them all to get on amicably! At this the eccentric little gnome stands up and points a finger in the air dramatically to back up his point, then realising his foolishness grins and says; Well you know running a Circus does make you more dramatic... Well, Ahem! If we move on I expect you can meet up with us Duurjeik? Why what ever's the matter?

Duurjeik looking through the saddle bags found two yellow bottles with some kind of potion in.
    The moment he touched the second saddle bag a tingling hit his fingers and started to go numb!

Duurjeik; Make a will save!

20. - Top - End - #110

Grönkh

Grönkh assists with tying up the unconscious and throwing them in the caravan Spathi indicated. He then does a couple stretches as the others are getting stuff together, saying, "Ach, that was a guid scrap! Per'aps they'll tell us sommat useful, or at least serve for a spot o' entertainment! Wasn't one of ye plannin' on strappin' someone t' a big wheel an' throwin' knives at 'em?
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-06-06 at 01:32 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

21. - Top - End - #111

Duurjeik

Spoiler
    Show

Will Save - (d20+9)[19]
    (The first post messed up, I'm not cheating!)
    Last edited by TRM; 2008-06-06 at 12:44 PM.
    silver

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Duurjeik's fingers and arm slowly start to turn black but as his will pulls over the spell set on him from the bag his arm and fingers return to normal.

23. - Top - End - #113

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

Now that the dager is over, Dobnock puts away his sword, and starts seeing to his wounds.

"That brute hits really hard."

Putting his hands on the wound, Dobnock speaks a small incantation, and the wound begins to heal.

"If anyone else is wounded, do let me know," he says with a grin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure light wounds: (1d8+5)[11]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

The big man nods at Dobnock's kind offer.

Thanks. I think a little bandageing for this arrow gash and I'll be fine.

25. - Top - End - #115

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

Moving to Trugnuck, Dobnock examines his wound.
    Doesn't seem to bad. This should heal just fine.

A few words and some gestures later, Dobnock lays his hand on Trugnuks wound, as it too begins to close.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure light wounds: (1d8+5)[11]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

OOC; Well providing no one wants any more of the equipment (no potions?) I'll move on.. Just say if you want it and you can!

IC;
    As the prisoners are trussed into a wagon, Araceae's Caravan jumps forward as everyone jumps aboard. There is little else in the forest and soon the circus Caravans are out in the meadows again and there is a town in the distance. Araceae sees it and says rather cheerfully; Well now, This would be our last stop before Panthera! A chance to refine our techniques and shows before the big one! It's a fairly small town but we shall be there for two nights. We shall arrive there by nightfall, then we shall put up the big top tommorow morning and then the afternoon is yours to do what you wish! I belive I may pop into town theres a lovely little lady gnome there I met a few years ago... Very accomodating! Ahem! But I shall ask you don't come with me, some of you may wish to practice but if not I don't blame you! The local Tavern does excellent Dwarven Ale I believe! Oh yes I was saying the second night we are there we shall perform, The night will probably end in drunken revelry and chaotic fun as always! The Gnome grins; We shall pack up the second morning and be gone by lunch should any of you wish to avoid any ladies or uhhh men.... Now whos for some party pieces?

27. - Top - End - #117

Duurjeik

Duurjeik recoils as his arm begins to blacken, but after forcing the curse away he opens the saddle bag with wary curiosity, only to stop: he would take the horses and leave them with one of the hands before he talked to the others. He also takes the potions from the other saddle bag and puts them into one of his many pouches.

He leads the horses slowly down the caravan until he arrives at the other horses' wagon. He finds one of the stable boys and gives him very specific orders, most of which the boy already knows. Satisfied that the horses will be well cared for, Duurjeik slings the saddlebags over his shoulders and trudges back to Spathi's caravan.

As he walks, he opens the cursed bag—curious to see what needed so much guarding.
    silver

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

As Duurjeik opens the bag his fingers tingle but nothing happens. He opens the bag and looks inside only to find, well, nothing. It seems all that bother was for nothing.

29. - Top - End - #119

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

A performance! It's been way too long since the last one! But I must prepare! We're going to need smokesticks, and I need to practice with my knifes, and, and...

Being quite excited about the upcoming performance, Dobnock begins to chatter with himself, the words coming out almost in a blur.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Spoiler
    Show
    Trugnuk would have recommended taking the potions - he just didn't know they exist.

Trugnuk settles back in the wagon and lets the boss' words wash over him. The arrow wound is still bothering him. the curiousness of a few bandits, flush with money, coming after such a large group. Pah. Sometimes you think too much, you big lunkhead. You're alive. Your coin is heavy, and your head is light. Shut up, already.

Trugnuk turns to Araceae at the mention of party pieces.

If you're looking for something flashy, and I don't got to do the wrestling that night, I been thinking of working up an act where I take a tent pole, one of the smaller ones, an get six others to hold it up. They make a big deal of how heavy it is, right? Then I get all big and puffed up, and I lift the pole AND the guys who were holding it, spin em around. Could be a capper for you, if you need it. Still not as good as Dobnock's "catch a knife with his ear" trick, but a good one for the kids.