New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Balacazars (solo campaign)

(continuing from last night's messenger session)

Having slept through the night well, you wake up fresh again. The morning is bright but not as warm as it has been lately, signaling the first signs of autumn getting closer. You walk through the streets, stopping by to buy some snacks for breakfast from a vendor in the street corner and continue on your way to the Mystery pub to meet Falgrim.

The mystery pub is a bar visited by many spellcasters and even more people just interested in the craft. The light doesn't seem to come from any visible source and neither does the quiet background music which seems to change with the atmosphere, from joyful tunes to accomppany drinking songs to soft songs about faraway lands. The wallpainting with two men drinking ale and conversing has moving characters and is only rivalled by the wizard bar Daubury's in the midtown.

The pub has only a few customers at this time of the day so you easily spot the crimeboss sitting in the corner table, conversing with Ercan. As they notice you, they switch a few more words before Ercan stands up and leaves past you, making a small gesture with his hand as a greeting. You are gestured to sit in the table opposite to Falgrim and he greets you "Good morning. I've heard a word that you succeeded in your mission very well.", he says and smiles. "Though I expected nothing less from you...", he continues and tastes the meat stew infront of him as the waitress brings a mug of ale to you.

"A shame that Panamros did what he did, though. With his skills and more loyalty, he could have gained some position and authority had he had more patience...", the dwarf continues with his voice fading. "Speaking of which... What goals in life do you have?" he suddenly asks. While he seems to continue eating again, you get the feeling that whatever your answer is, it's examined very throughly.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Balacazars (solo campaign)

Sinnoch is obviously taken aback by Falgrims question. He quickly quells the curious look on his face and glances sternly at his mug of ale before taking a swig.

"Well, such a blunt question. Well sir, I plan on continuing my training so I can do more solo work. Also, I do like to tinker aronud and I am trying to invent something that ties in with my current work. But once I start to age I would like to secure a nice powerful spot in the family. Be someone influential, maybe a district boss if i'm lucky. Why do you ask?"

Once he finishes his ale he waves the waitress over.

"Another ale and a beef stew miss, thank you."
    Last edited by Dustfinger; 2008-05-07 at 06:38 AM.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ambition is always good... A crime boss? Not in South market I hope.", he says and laughs heartily.

That was more of a statement than a question. There can only be one crime boss in each district and most common way for upcomer to gain that position is to make sure one becomes free by getting the holder of such position killed. Thus, it's not rare for crime bosses to die that way but it is even more common for an under boss to die while forgetting that the crime bosses have gained their position in a similar way and are quite skillfull in keeping them. The family has always encouraged this tradition as it keeps both the crime bosses and the under bosses sharp. Naturally, killing a superior does not in itself grant a better position as everyone wishing to become a crime boss or even under boss needs to be interviewed by the old man Menon Balcazar - or lately, his son Malkeen Balacazar - himself and many die during those interviews but that's a whole another issue.

"Why do I ask? Well, it's always an advantage to know the people who work for you...", he continues while finishing his stew. "You've taken the Kama that Panamros used to wield? It's magical, in case you haven't noticed. Just a small enchantment but still. I assume that is enough payment for your previous mission?"

This time, it seems to be a question.

"The family isn't as strong as it was a decade ago and as it will again be a decade from now when this Killraven newcomer has been taken care of but as you should well know, we are still far more than capable when it comes to repaying favors or delivering equipment requested for upcoming missions - within the limits of reason, naturally."

"Also, are you ready for another mission already or do you need time to recover or to do something else as you just completed last mission last night?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Sinnich sits and ponders a moment before answering.

I guess that is enough payment for that last mission. Although, sadly it didn't work out as planned. I believe that i've been out of work enough lately, I could use another job or two before I go back to my avaerage life. I'm going to need a little more money to create my new invention. Speaking of money, do you happen to know what kinda of enchantment is on this kama. Wow, this stew is truely amazing!
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.