New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Chaos in the Clans [Rokugan D&D]

((And I'm back. Who's ready to continue the adventure?))
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat'chek

Turning towards where he knows (thank you scent) his cousin stands, Mat'chek whispers. "We go back-back with knowledge?""
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Ruri'ko

Ruri'ko's voice comes as a hushed whisper. "Go back and tell. Through shadows I jump, lie in wait I does."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Kojirou shifts uncomfortably, waiting in his armor for something to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

(don't know how long the ratlings are taking, but we're heading up after the 10 minutes are up since we don't know what's happening with them)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat'chek

The ratling nods and heads back to the wagon as quickly and silently as he can without being spotted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry. I read it and started to make my reply-post, but RL intruded!
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Ruri'ko

Ruri'ko moves quietly up the hill till she can gain a better vantage to look into the room through the boarded up window, spying for any shadowy places on the inside.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently(1d20+12)[27]
    Spot(1d20+6)[23]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Ruri'ko

Spoiler
    Show
    It seems nobody has heard you. You are able to sneak to a crack in the wall on the south side; from there, you can look inside the single 40x40ft room of the gatehouse's ground floor. A somewhat fat human guard sits by the door on the east side of the room; he seems to be passing the time by poking holes in the floorboards with his spear. A rickety staircase with no railing runs up the west wall. The room is filled with various barrels and sacks, and the only illumination is a couple of candles and a bit of light from outside. There are plenty of shadows to hide in behind the barrels or sacks, or underneath the stairs.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Ruri'ko

Spoiler
    Show
    Ruri'ko utilizes her Shadow Jaunt maneuver, becoming but a tiny mote of inky darkness and then slips through the cracks in the window. Seconds later she reemerges in the far corner of the room away from the obese guard, perfectly still, silent and invisible.

Move Silently (1d20+12)[15]
    Last edited by SurePromise; 2008-05-21 at 11:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Having given the ratlings (and the monk, not sure if he left) their headstart. Aoshi makes his way up the hill towards the outpost.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

(She. Sorry for the ridiculous delay; I had a few more hurdles to to clear.. and the Tangled Web isn't letting me access the 3e profiler so I lost my damn character sheet. AGAIN. This may take a little while to fix)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

((It seems you're not the only one having character sheet problems... Also letting you know I'm still here, sorry for not posting recently.))

--C. S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Kojirou follows, hand on his sword.
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

(Since everyone can now see the gatehouse, I will repost the description here)

The hill gently slopes upward and is covered in grass on all sides except the southwest, where it appears the hill has eroded, leaving a roughly 60 degree slope covered with loose dirt and scraggly bushes. The road goes up the east side of the hill, then down the north. At the hill's highest point (about 40 feet above the surrounding countryside) stands a small two-story building. The paint is faded, and a few boards crudely nailed into place mark attempts to patch up holes in the walls. This is the old guardhouse.

Ruri'ko:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You suddenly hear a shout from upstairs - "Three or four coming in east side!". The fat man by the door stirs, and goes to peer out one of the windows.

--C. S. Lewis

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

[FINALLY. I get my sheet back, the board's up and working, I'm taking my shot now. >D ]

Kumatora

Kumatora takes her sweet time; once out of sight of the samurai the monk begins to boil. Stupid Crane, she though while taking a swig from the jug, it was just like some stuck-up to send away someone who wasn't presentable in social view while he gadded about...

Although, and this was after a moment of keeping her liquor, he did have a point to send the stealthy ones out first...

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1607668/

Full of rum and righteousness, Kumatora lightly traverses through the rice fields, up the hill finally coming around towards the other side of the gate post, against all luck managing to blend in with the brush...

Hide in the bushes! (1d20+5=21)
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2008-05-27 at 05:00 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

As Kumatora approaches the gatehouse, the front door opens. A portly man emerges, clad in an ill-fitting teal robe. However, he seems to take no notice of you, instead looking down the hill to the east. There, the other three humans are already walking up the hill. He bellows out, "Hello travellers! Crane inspection and tollbooth. Toll will be 100 gold per person, plus any shipping fees."
    Last edited by Rolaran; 2008-05-27 at 05:16 PM.

--C. S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Aoshi

100 gold? How many people do they actually expect to pay that price? Aoshi waves in acknowledgment as he approaches the gatehouse and makes a show of reaching for his purse as he approaches. When he reaches the man though he stops fiddling with the purse. "I am Kakita Aoshi" he says with an air of someone who should be recognized. I am traveling with just my two companions, no shipping goods so your toll should be 300 gold. Though before I pay such a fee I'd like to know under who's authority you are collecting this amount..." Aoshi makes an effort to search the mans uniform for a family mon or other marking. "...crane-san" he finishes. (assuming he finds no mon, if he does he uses the correct family name.) during his speech his hand strays casualy to his sword hilt. It's not a threatening geasture but he is ready to draw if the guard seems to act like something is up.
    Last edited by Felnris; 2008-05-28 at 01:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

The man never ceases smiling, but he stands slightly straighter when he realizes you are inspecting him. In response to your question, he says, "Why... from Shijiku of course."

((If you have Knowledge (nobility) or (local), feel free to roll for a shot at recognizing the name.))

--C. S. Lewis

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Aoshi

"Shijiku?" Aoshi raises an eyebrow critically. He tries to put as warning tone on the word while his mind races. Damn me and spending too much time in the Dojo, I have no idea who that is. But if he's important enough to be assigning positions he's way to important to be on a last name basis with this slob.

OOC: Does the man have any markings that would indicate status or family?
    Last edited by Felnris; 2008-05-28 at 01:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

The man's robe is the correct color to belong to a Crane soldier, but beyond that you see no signs of family or status. However, upon further inspection of the robe it is obvious that this is intentional: you see bits of fabric clumsily stitched onto the robe over top of areas where a family mon would traditionally be placed.

--C. S. Lewis

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Aoshi

"And where are the rest of the soldiers stationed here? They shouldn't be lazing about while you're out here doing your duty."

OOC:Other people are allowed to jump in here too.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: Oh, I'm here, but Kumatora can't hear any of this can she?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

((Actually, Kumatora would be close enough to hear this probably, if you want.))

The man shifts nervously. "Listen, Kakita-san. Just pay the fee and you can be on your way. You are wasting my time and yours."

--C. S. Lewis

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Knowledge: Local(1d20+2)[18]

Assuming he's a fake here, if the results of my knowledge check indicate otherwise, I'll edit this.

"Let's quit beating around the bush, Aoshi-san. We're here for an inspection, call out your captain."
    Last edited by Rogue 7; 2008-05-31 at 01:03 AM.
    My Blog Thing

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Shijiku is the name of the Crane Minister of Trade, one of the top advisors to the shogun. it is extremely unlikely that he would bother to personally give orders to set up a tollbooth in the middle of nowhere; more likely the man just gave the first name he could think of that was in some way connected with the authorities.

In response to your statement, he gives a tiny yelp and attempts to get back inside.

Everyone Roll Initiative; if you beat a 16, you have a round in which to act before he gets inside.

--C. S. Lewis

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know about you, but that does not look to me like he is going to get the captain."

Initiative-(1d20+2)[22]

OOC- what is it with me and 20's on initiative rolls? Kojirou will, if he can reach the guy, charge and attempt to trip him.
    If he can't reach him, he'll advance a normal move and draw his sword.
    Last edited by Rogue 7; 2008-05-31 at 09:03 PM.
    My Blog Thing

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolls for the above actions:

Rolls:
    Unarmed melee touch- (1d20+9)[15]
    Strength check: (1d20+4)[22]
    My Blog Thing

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Initative (1d20+10)[28]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Aoshi

Aoshi makes a split second decision on the intentions of the fleeing man.
    Sense Motive (1d20+8)[25] and if he is indeed fleeing rather than getting his captain (or if I really blow this roll) Aoshi's blade flickers out of the scabard and slashed down on the man attempting to hamstring him. (don't have the feat so apply whatever appropriate penalties you want for a called shot type thing.)

Attack [1d20+10]
    Damage [1d10+7]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

doh, gotta keep remembering how to do rolls

Attack (1d20+10)[11]
    Damage (1d10+7)[10]

Natural 1! stupid baggy pants always get my sword stuck in them.
    Last edited by Felnris; 2008-06-02 at 12:13 PM.