New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Chaos in the Clans [Rokugan D&D]

In a split second, Aoshi's blade is drawn. However, the man is already sprawled on the ground; Kojirou's hand has grabbed his left ankle, causing him to lose his balance and crash to the earth. He gasps, winded from the sudden fall. However, you hear a sudden sound above you, and a crossbow bolt falls from above and strikes Kojirou's shoulder. You hear movement on the second story; your unknown assailant is loading another bolt.

((The trip was successful, but Kojirou takes 8 points of damage from the bolt.))
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Aoshi

Aoshi lets out a loud shout to alert the members of his party he doesn't know where is. He leaves the bandit splayed on the ground for others to deal with Aoshi makes a dash for the front door of the guardhouse trying to shoulder it open.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

The door is blown off one hinge as Aoshi enters, sword still drawn. Inside the dimly lit gatehouse, you see that the room is mostly full of barrels and burlap sacks. A rickety wooden staircase with no railing runs up the wall across from the door you entered.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"argh, kuso! That hurt!"

Biting off more curses through his teeth, Kojirou draws his blade and attempts to knock out the man he had previously tripped.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll try to do nonlethal damage with my sword, but if not I'll use my fist instead. Either way, I want to put this guy out without killing him.

Rolls:
    sword strike: (1d20+11)[22]. Feel free to apply any modifiers.
    damage- nonlethal. (1d10+5)[14]

Fist- (1d20+9)[22] again, feel free to apply the mods.
    damage- (1d4+4)[6]
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

You smack the man with the dull side of your blade; although you barely break the skin, he squeals in pain and tries to roll away from you. However, he succeeds only in banging his head on the open door, and falls limp, drooling slightly.

((Sound off, who all is still here? I think we have lost Random's shugenja, but other than that I'm not sure...))

--C. S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Seeing no other rooms, Aoshi bounds up the stairs taking them two at a time. There has to be a look out of sorts here somewhere.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

((Sorry about the long break, my internet went dead over the weekend.))

As Aoshi reaches the top of the stairs, he sees a man leaning out of the window, aiming a crossbow. However, the man hears Aoshi, and whirls, pointing the crossbow at him. A bolt fires, but it glances harmlessly off of Aoshi's armor. Annoyed, the man chucks the crossbow into a corner and picks up a large spear.

--C. S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Kojirou will run into the house, look around, and follow Aoshi. Dodge on anyone who hasn't engaged Aoshi, if not on crossbow/spear guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

(Bugger. First I get sick, and then my computer gets sick. Is it too late to join in again?)
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

((No, welcome back. Feel free to read what's happened so far, and you are about 30 feet from the front door of the guardhouse.))

The man with the spear seems to be alone on the second floor. He drops into a solid stance, steadying the spear against the floor. He looks like he knows how to use the weapon, but he isn't advancing yet- also, he glances back out the window every so often.

--C. S. Lewis