New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Survivors of the Fallen Ship - Crash Site (IC)

As the snow sweeped by the crash begins to settle down, you have a clearer look of what happened to the ship. The hull cracked open in two section, and everywhere there is wood planks and splinters. The stern landed straight, and is partially covered by the baloon, that is drooping fast. The prow turned on its side istead, and it's the worst damaged part of the ship. Inside, you can see some smashed crates, items and objects all over, dead bodies, but also some other people that, like you, managed to survive the crash: some crawling for help, some standing up, confused but safe after all.
    The crash site appear to be a small valley between two high mountains: the ground is slightly leaning and the higher part of it has a rock terrain not covered by the snow. There are two pathways on this terrain that go to north and northwest, but you can't figure out where they lead.
    Down the valley, to south, you can see a far and ice blue river, and a thick forest to south east and south west: the landscape is overwhelming and beautyful, but also quite menacing, and you don't see any sign of civilization.
    Where the ship landed the snow is high and full with any kind of object the ship contained: there are some large crates, spare items, but you are focused mostly by the many bodies of dead and almost dead people. As you move trough the snow, you realize that is really cold.
    Right now, you have to act, and act quickly: you are lost in a foreing land, cold and predators could come soon, and you have to help yourself some other to survive.

MAP OF THE CRASH SITE

MAP OF THE AREA
    Spoiler
    Show

please tell me if it does work.
    scale is 5ft per square.
    Explanation: white- snow terrain, brow- ship hull, dark brown - large crates, dark grey - a cage, light grey - rock terrain, cream - droop baloon.

Place yourself wherever you like. Also, all you took (1d6)[3] nonlethal damage due to the fall.
    Last edited by Caracol; 2008-05-16 at 08:33 AM.

Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Survivors of the Fallen Ship - Crash Site (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    the map didn't worked, now it should.
    Also, rerolling: (1d6+0)[5] nonlethal damage due to the fall.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

A small mound of snow explodes near the crash site as Hywel sits up, revealing to anyone nearby that this little snow drift was actually a gnome. Holding his head with his hands, he closes his eyes for a moment as he tries to remember what happened. As he tries to wait for the shock of the crash to pass, he begins to shiver from sitting in the snow. Gingerly getting to his feet, he pulls his overcoat tightly around himself and cinches his belt. Looking around at the death and destruction, the little absent-minded wizard is filled, not with fear or shock, but curiosity as to why the ship crashed. "Odd, why did the ship come down? Did the balloon rip?" Snapping out of his brief space-out, Hywel quickly moves towards the ship, searching for his pack and belongings (not sure if we had cabins or if it was a day trip). Once he eventually finds his pack, he will quickly pull out his blanket and wrap it around himself for additional warmth.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Slowly Mithros picks himself up out of the snow heap he landed in, he looks around grogily, shakes his head and gets up on his feet. ''Ohhh my head, did we really crash?'' A quick look around confirms his suspision, checking himself for injuries Mithros finds a few bruises but nothing worse, he is also relieved to find his backpack still intact and in place. Shivering with cold Mithros pulls his blanket out of his backpack and wraps himself in it, seeing a fellow passenger do the same.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Viol lies flat on the snow trying to feel is she is still alive, but since she feels pain she must still be alive...

"Lang, are you OK?"

A few feet's away from Viol, Lang stands up and shakes himself off.

"Good boy, come here and let us see if someone else is alive"

Lang runs to Viol's side and they walk around to see who else is alive and if they need any immediate help.
    Last edited by vargen; 2008-05-12 at 01:53 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Temil stands to one side of the wreck, his spear planted firmly in the snow beside him. He isn't looking at the wreck and his pack lays in the snow beside him, seemingly forgotten. Instead he is gazing out into the valley, uninterested in the suffering behind him. Finally he turns back and begins to dig in the snow, unearthing a silver brestplate which he straps to his pack.

(What time of day is it?)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Glankas Deepseeker

Like a turtle on its back, Glankas struggles to right himself after being thrown from the crash. Finally the dwarf manages to stand upright in the thick snow-drifts. Looking around he sees others rise and moves to assist, dropping his shield and pack in the wallowed out spot he had previously occupied. "OY! Who needs help?" he calls out as he moves to the nearest form, moving or not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Point: AJ-23.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-05-12 at 02:37 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

8. - Top - End - #8

Looking at the sun and at his sorroundings, Temil figures out what time of the day is: it's around 10 in the morning, clouds are almost covering the sun, but he can't understand if there's a incoming strom or not. Air temperature is cold, and chances are that it will be lower later in the day.

Both Viol and Glankas are sorrounded by other people: 5 are near the dwarf, while 6 are near the druid. The breath of the alive does small smoke clouds: so it's easier to know who is dead and who isn't.

There are 4 people still alive near Glankas: two humans, 2 men and a woman, all unconscious, and 1 small figure that is trying to stand up by himself.

There are 3 people still alive near Viol: a man, an elf lady with a velvet blue dress, both uncounscious, and a really old man with a green cloak and a wooden staff, that sits in the snow holding his head with his hands.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

"Are you alive?"

A 6' 2" tall human in yellow-brown colors of armor tends to a lying body, holding up what looked to be a passenger. However, with the hand limping from his holds seconds upon tending to him, the person's life dwindled away. The head of the armor-clad warrior bows before he lies the man back down, closing his eyes with a movement of his hands.

"He lives no longer."

The Paladin rushes to the aid of someone crawling out, already helping a young man to his feet. It seemed that a few people have survived, and from the looks of it, some of them equipped well were already heading to help.

"These people need fire."

Fortunately, he had firewood strapped to his backpack, which was lying over near one of the crates. Moving quickly to it, he picks it up and removes the logs, moving over to some snow where he is able to clear a space to lie the wood onto. Now, he needed some straw.

"Does anyone have anything that may start a fire?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

The crash seems to have thrown Xavorin around the main part of the ship. Xavorin raises to his feet and quickly locates his back pack, then Surveys the wreckage. Xavorin yellsIs there anyone else in here? as he begins searching the main wreckage. Taking note of anything that maybe salvaged (including any dead bodies)
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thornvile Visit my City, and get your own started.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Glankas Deepseeker

The dwarf moves to the nearest unconscious human, but looks at the smaller figure trying to rise. "If you must have assistance, let me know. I'm going to check on the fallen."

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Point: AJ-23.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

So many bodies. Let them strugle or help them along, which better shows strength?
    Temil looks over the sight of people climbing out of the wreckage briefly before making his decision. He plants his spear in the snow letting it stand upright, then moves towards the large man, "You brought firewood, but not kindling?" Temil picks up several pieces of the broken ship as he approaches. "Do you have an axe or a knife? We can get wood shavings from these." He tosses the pieces on the ground near where the firepit had been dug. "They should be dry also."
    Last edited by Felnris; 2008-05-12 at 04:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Viol approaches the elderly man

"Are you alright mister? Are you hurt?"

She reaches out her hand towards him

"Here, let me help you up."

14. - Top - End - #14

"Aye. Only flint and steel. I guess I left the kindling back at my last inn room. I was in a hurry to catch the airship."

He removes the flint and steel. "I suppose I can try, but I can't say for sure it'll light easily. If only we had something flammable and dry....say, do you have paper?"
    Last edited by Silent Musician; 2008-05-12 at 04:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Assuming that all this happens within the same general area, Hywel's ears perk up at the request for fire. "Fire you say? Today's your day! Well, not really, judging by the crash we just encountered. I can conjure some fire with the snap of my fingers, so just show me what you need lit and I shall lite it. Since we seem to be stuck between rocks and a cold place, might as well get to know each other. I'm Hywel Brigdel and I know a bit of magic. Let me know how I can help. I'm afraid I'm not much good with planning or giving directions, but I can take them just fine!" The little gnome extends a hand in warm welcome, clearly unphased by all of the proverbial feces that has hit the fan.

Hywel will use his Prestidigitation spell to try and lite the fire. If that fails (or you don't think that a little flame could lite the fire in these conditions, he will use his burning hands spell, careful not to scorch anyone.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Carmon

Carmon felt the floor of the ship leave the soul of his feet. He was wieghtless for a few seconds. Carmon was on the deck of the ship when the accident happened. He quickly grabbed a piece of the rigging and leld on for dear life. Befor the momunt of impact Carmon jumped from the ship. But Carmon landed face first in the snow. He stands up dazed from the fall. Woo, what the hell was that! He then turns around to relize the carnage around him. He then quickly runs to the closest person and checks to see if there alive.

put me on (12 on X axis, 6 on Y axis)
    Last edited by de-trick; 2008-05-12 at 07:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

17. - Top - End - #17

Albrecht

In his mind, Albrecht is fourteen. It's a cool winters eve, and his father is in town. He's fallen asleep by the forge, and as the night passes, it grows even cooler. He wakes up, startled by the cold, and knocks free a smoldering log from the fire. In moments, there is fire around him, smoke burning his eyes and making him dizzy. He desperately cries out for help, and hears approaching hooves from a galloping horse before passing into black. "Albie? Albie?" Its his father, calling to him to wake up. Painfully, his eyes open.

He's not back home with his father, but in the wilderness with strangers -- and with one hell of a headache.

Sitting up in the snow bank, then leaning on a nearby plank from the airship, Albrecht rights himself. "Damn that hurts," he says through clenched teeth as he stands up. He shakes it off, and approaches the wreckage. Bodies of the dead and survivors of the crash are strewn throughout the newly fallen snow, and Albrecht's stomach starts to turn. He's never seen death like this before, nor so many wounded people. Seems that most are being tended too, he thinks to himself, and moves cautiously into the remnants of the ship.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm trying to find my belongings (backpack and weapons) where I've stored them below deck. If Albrecht sees any people in need of care on his way that are not being adequately helped -- he will lend a helpful (albeit unskilled) hand to the situation.
    Last edited by Walter; 2008-05-13 at 01:24 AM.
    I really ought to do something. But I am already in my pajamas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mine done in MS Paint vs. Gabe's from Penny Arcade

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Laying face down on the ground Tristan begins to wonder why in the god's name is he...blind? Oh my god I'm blind!!! He shoots himself up from the ground sending his world spinning, as nasuea over takes him from the vertigo of standing to quickly. Falling to his rump back on the snow covered ground he began to shake his head vigourously and wipe at his eyes, removing the snow that was stuck to his face.

"Why am I covered in snow? Better question why am I on the ground?Standing back up and surveying the land directly infront of him with a critical eye head cocked to the side taking in the mountians and tree's. "Hmmm not exactly a very good place for an Inn doubt it would see much traffic. The view is nice if a little cluttered with all that wreckage.

Wreckage? Hmm those poor people who owned that contraption must be terribly sad. Well perhaps they will still be atleast friendly enough to provide directions to the nearest town. Tristan trundles off back in the direction of the wreckage in search for the first person he can talk to.

"Uhm Excuse me, but would you be so kind as to direct me to civiliation?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tristan is somewhat crazed after his recent accident before boarding the ship.
    Whomever wishes to be the person he first talks to lemme know.
    As for the DM sake he is still wearing his backpack with sword sheathed and sheild straped to the backpack.

19. - Top - End - #19

No one responds to Xavorin's yell. The main wreckage is divided in two sections. The upper, the one immediately under the main deck, has a door that seems shut, but he can't reach it unless he tries to climb up.
    The lower section is at ground level istead. As Xavorin's moves in, he founds many objects lying to the ground, but his attention is drawed by 7 bodies. The all appear to be dead, except for a young child, that seems to be barely alive. He needs medical attention soon.

The small figure Glankas see is an halfling lady. She seems quite alright, but is holding her left arm, like it's really hurting. "I'm fine" she says, grinding her theet for the pain. The nearest unconscious body is a man, and he needs to be helped quickly: he has a wooden splinter right near his neck.

Hywel manages to light up a small fire with his prestidigitation spell: it's really cold and some wood is wet, but some is treated with waterproof inflammable oil. Tamil and the Paladin bring some help and dry wood, so soon a stable fire is setted.

Viol helps the old man to stand up.
    Thanks, young lady... he says. I'm alright, I guess, I've been through worse events... Taking a look around, his expression becomes sad and worried. These people need immediate help. Here, let me give you an hand with the penniless. he says, as he approaches the lying man near him.

Two people are near Carmon: a woman and an elf with a steel armor. He seems already dead, while the woman looks in pain, but still alive.

Albrecht hears someone calling for help inside the right wreckage: as he peeks in, he founds three dead bodies, and a dwarf liying to the ground. He's holding another man between his arms, a man completely covered by blood.
    Albrecht also founds two scared, but safe, hogs: they were the "competition pigs" of a farmer you met on the ship. He spent the whole voyage annoying the other people about how his pigs would win the Valinor Annual Cattleman Competiton, so you remember him quite well... he's one of the dead men.
    Quick! says the dwarf that is holding the bleeding man He needs help!

Tristan only founds dead bodies around him, the only people that seems to be alive and standing are the ones working up to light a fire in the middle of the crash site.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Albrecht

"I'm coming," Albrecht shouts -- tearing off strips of cloth from his outfit as he runs toward the bloodied man. He looks for the man's visible wounds, and begins to wrap them with the make-shift bandages. Even his jaundice glance can tell that applying pressure and stopping the bleeding won't be enough to save this man. "We need some help over here! HELP!" Hopefully someone will hear his cries.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: If appropriate, a heal check (untrained): (1d20)[9]
    I really ought to do something. But I am already in my pajamas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mine done in MS Paint vs. Gabe's from Penny Arcade

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

Upon seeing the child Xavorin will move over to attend to it.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal Check - (1d20+2)[20]

If the heal check doesn't work I will try to feed the child one of my heal potions. After making sure the child is stabalized I will find a place to lay the child to rest. I will then search the bodies and any luggage to try to find any items that may help me get out of the ship or to help us surive in this harsh enviorment. I will then try to find a way out.

Spoiler
    Show

Climb - (1d20+6)[12] If needed
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Everybody outside hear Albrecht shouting for help from the right side of the wreckage.
    The ranger tries to stop the wounded from bleeding, but his wounds are too bad for some bandages; the man's life is coming to an end.
    Take it outside... says the dwarf, I can't move, I think I broke my leg...

Xavorin gives some first aid to the child, and he seems to be almost safe: he's still uncousious, however, and if the incoming cold could take his life easy...

Spoiler
    Show
    do you want to take the child near the fire, or examine the upper deck first?

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

I take the child near the fire first and then I will exaine the upperdeck. I will basically say the following to anyone near the fire. Hey, I find this Unconcious kid inside I think we need to make an area for the injured. There are a lot of dead bodies inside, I need some help searching wreackage for anything useful.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Xavorin goes back to the cracked hull and climbs up to the upper deck. (I'm using your previous roll).
    There is nothing noticeable here, except for a door. It's shut, and appears to be closed from the inside. No rumors come from it.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Mithros

After the fire is started Mithros quickly moves closer, warming his hands with the heat of the growing fire. Looking around he only now realizes the scale of the accident, he feels helpless as he knows there is little he can do for those injured. After a few seconds of contemplation an idea hit fim, he rumages around in his backpack and after a few seconds pulls out what apears to be a furry little ball. After only a short time of exposure to the cold air the ball unfurls revealing its nature, a sleepy weasel.

Mithros makes eye contact with the small creature and for a moment the two make no move, then the sorcerer points to the wreckage and gives the weasel a simple command. Yuno, go find food. The animal imeadiatly jumps to the ground and after a second of sniffing the air, takes of towards the wrecked airship, zigzagging to avoid people and deep snow. Mithros follows at a slower pace, trusting his familiars keen nose to find anything edible, while he himself keeps a lookout for anything else usefull.
    Last edited by Lansier; 2008-05-13 at 09:10 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

I will check the door to see if it is locked. If not I will open, Otherwise I will knock before trying to pick the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Open Lock - (1d20+8)[17] If locked
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Glankas Deepseeker

"I'll be with you in a bit!" Smiling reassuringly at the halfling woman, Glankas channels healing magic into the wounded man, sacrificing his shield of faith spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    CLW - (1d8+2)[9]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Temil

"We're going to need to keep the injured dry." Temil glances around to see if there are any nearby trees or bushes. He then pickes up the nearest cutting impliment he can fine, or asks to borrow a knife from someone who has one handy. He then proceeds in towards the wreckage trying to find a way up towards the canvas balloon. He pauses once to check the cage that lies in the middle of the wreckage, both to see if it is still closed, and if so what is inside it. Then he makes his way up to the balloon looking to cut out as large a piece of canvas as he can carry.

29. - Top - End - #29

Yuno moves through the high snow, sniffing the air and stops at one of the large crates that landed on the ground. The crate it's opened, and full of beans, bread and other nourishing but not so appetizing food. Looks like what is left from the food reserve that was used to feed the ship travellers. The city of Valinor was quite near when you crashed, so the food seems enough to let you survive for two days (maybe more, since a lot of people died), but sure you'll have to found another source of food soon.

No sound comes from the door. Xavorin tries to pick the lock, but the key inside makes things more difficult and he fails. Options are trying to get the key somehow, or smashing the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can retry the Open Lock check (with a penality), or else figure out some other solution.

The dwarf's magic sorrounds man, he looks surprised as he opens his eyes. But other people need help, and the cold snow isn't helping.

Temil sees no trees near the crash site: the nearest are the forest's ones and some haggard bushes up the rock path that goes to north.
    Inside the cage there are 6 colorul and beautyful birds: they look exotic and magnificent, but also quite scared and numb for the cold. The cage is closed.
    The baloon has drooped down between the two main wreckages, it's easy to reach from there. It's made by thick layers of leather, sewed with durable threads, covered by some sort of wax: looks light-weighted and flexible, but also resistant and difficult to cut.

Spoiler
    Show
    about the trees: if you want something to burn the crash site is full of wooden splinters. Cutting a large piece of canvas will require you at least a couple of minutes.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Glankas Deepseeker

"Can you move?" the dwarf asks. "If you can, you should move to the fire, there," Glankas points to the growing fire. "Otherwise, can you wait while I check on these others?"