New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Survivors of the Fallen Ship - Crash Site (IC)

Albrecht

Albrecht nods at the wounded dwarf's request, dropping a knee to the ground and taking the full weight of the wounded man. Holding the man in his arms, he staggers out from under the wreckage, looking for someone to help. A flash of white light, warm and comforting, catches his eye. "You there, cleric!" Albrecht calls out to Glankas, who's just healed someone. "This man need immediate care, please hurry!"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Strength check to move the guy: (1d20+1)[15] - Currently I am carrying no weight, but since the man is probably more than 150 lbs, I'll only be able to hold and stagger slowly outside; 5 ft. per round.
    I really ought to do something. But I am already in my pajamas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mine done in MS Paint vs. Gabe's from Penny Arcade

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Temil begins to saw at the balloon trying to cut out 6 foot square pieces that can be used as mats to keep the unconcious out of the snow while they are being tended.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

Cursing the cold, Xavorin grits his teeth and attempts to pick the lock one more time.

Spoiler
    Show

Open Lock - (1d20+8)[27]

If I don't succed, I will try to see if my cloak will fit under the door, and try to pudh the key out to fall on the cloak, if the cloak is to thick to fit under the door I will try to find some parchment. If that all fails I will try to break the door down.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thornvile Visit my City, and get your own started.

4. - Top - End - #34

Thomral hands his winter blanket to the child that is placed near the fireplace. Getting to his feet, he makes his way over to any of the people alive, helping to lead them toward the fire.

"Sit here." Looking at the remaining dead bodies, he knew he was going to have to take up the task of burying them each. A sad ending to see, but at least they were in a better place.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Since nobody answered Hywel's introduction (please tell me the PCs will talk to each other in this campaign...) he turns about feebly for a moment or two before figuring out what to do. "Um um um, what to do what to do! We have fire and plenty of wood. I've no hands for healing and lifting is for the big ones. What am I good at anyways?" The little gnome zones out again, lost in thought. "Oh! A roster! We need to make sure everyone is accounted for!" Hywel will scurry into the wreckage and look for a passenger manifest or something to that effect. Searching the wreckage he is likely to bump into Xavorin, who he will stop and ask to see if he's found anything useful. Hywel will join up with Xavorin and offer his aid in searching. "Quite a mess we're in here, isn't it?"
    Last edited by King Tius; 2008-05-13 at 04:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Carmon will see if the women needs any help, and if I can help at all. OCC heal check
    (1d20+1)[4] after I'm done with the women ill check the elf, if he's dead ill put his hands on his chest and ask where are we putting the dead.

----------------------------
    guess im not team healer
    Last edited by de-trick; 2008-05-13 at 04:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

The man Glankas healed nods, gets up and approaches the fire. He looks confused, but save. The halfling lady follows him near the flames, helped by Thomral. The child that the Paladin covered with his blanket hasn't opened his eyes yet, but isn't pale anymore, and probably will get well soon.

Everybody around hear Albrecht calling, carrying a bleeding man trough the snow and the wrecks. Tamil, still busy with the canvas, is the nearest one to them.

Trying harder than before, Xavorin manages to open the lock. As he moves in, he steps in a large puddle of blood: there's a body on the ground, with his skull cracked open by a blow against a small desk. It's the captain's cabin, and the man, easily recognizable by his clothes, it's the captain himself.
    He's dead: nothing can be done to save him by now. On the desk and on the shelfs, Xavorin finds maps (almost all covered by blood), a nice dagger, and some useful navigational tool: a compass, an astrolabe, a portable telescope.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do a search check if you want to found some more valuables.

Carmon isn't able to help the woman to recover: she seeks immediate attention, or else she will be dead soon.

The halfling is too far from the gnome to be reached, but Hywel's is able to be useful anyway: running tirelessly trough the area, and asking the others, he counts and lists:

- 1 old man, giving an hand to the rescuers,
    - 3 safe people, by the fire,
    - 3 people being rescued, two of them in critical conditions,
    - 3 unrescued people, still in the snow,
    - 27 dead people,
    - a cage full of exotic birds,
    - 4 large crates, one of them half full of food,
    - a lot of objects, tools and useless junk on the ground,
    - an angry dwarf with a broken leg in the right wreckage, along with two noisy (and smelly) pigs.

Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Temil

Temil looks over at Albrecht then sighs and puts down the cutting knife and moves over to where he is dragging the wounded man from the wreckage. "Put him down, you risk aggrivating and broken bones he might have recieved." Temil gives the man a quick cursory check.

Heal (1d20+7)[19] and then administers him with a healing spell (Cure minor or Cure light depending on which seems more appropriate from the check.)

If it's a cure light (1d8+2)[9]

9. - Top - End - #39

Leading the people, Thomral heads back out, heading over to deal with the people still not rescued out in the snow. He was going to make those who still had a breath of life in them live through this day. He will feel too much guilt for those who die that he had a chance of saving.

10. - Top - End - #40

Carmon seeing that he coan not help the women guides her over to the fire where the other wounded are and asks for a medic to help her.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

11. - Top - End - #41

Albercht

Relieved to see someone come to help, Albercht thanks the healer. "Sorry about moving him," he says, clearly flustered and nieve, "I just didn't know what to do." Satisfied that the man has been properly tended too, he says to Temil. "My name's Albercht - if you need a hand with anything mundane or just need another person, I'd be more than happy to help." Not waiting for a response, his eyes look back toward the wreckage, "I've got some warmer clothes in storage, let me go fish them out, then I'm all yours." Albercht darts back to where he placed his things before the crash.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Viol hurries over to the other man and the elven woman and checks them over for injuries.

Spoiler
    Show

Healing check on man

(1d20+7)[16]

Healing check on elven woman

(1d20+7)[15]

13. - Top - End - #43

The wounds of the bleeding man start to magically close: he open his eyes and you realize that he's safe, but still badly wounded. He needs rest and a warm place to stay, and he will be fine.
    Walter finds his things without worries. As he moves into the ship wreckage, he hears the dwarf that he met before: Can somebody help me? My leg hurts bad.

Helped by Thomral and the elderly man, Viol manages to help the last survivors to stabilize and to place them by the fire. There are only two more people that didn't received a first aid: a young woman, already taken by the fire, and another lady, carried by Carmon, in critical conditions.

The air temperature is cold, you don't feel numb for the weather condition yet, but you don't know how much you can last.

Spoiler
    Show
    You have almost helped all the survivors. Cold damage will be the thing that you will have to avoid by now, (remember that you also have nonlethal damage due to the fall) in the OOC character I will post all the details needed to know.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Carmon

will help the old dwarf to the fire near the other wounded people

We have to build a camp either out of the wood or out of snow
    Last edited by de-trick; 2008-05-14 at 06:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

Looking around the room, Xavorin says to himself what a mess. Looks like I'm too late to help him. He surveys the room to determine if its capable of being a shelter for the surviors. I will put what ever items I can in to my backpack.
    Then I will search the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Search - (1d20+4)[21]

OCC: I'm making up for all my crappy hitpoint rolls earlier

Edit 2: Before packing the maps and stuff in back pack I will try to clean as muc blood as possible from the stuff.
    Last edited by Thalmor; 2008-05-14 at 09:52 AM.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Mithros checks out the crate that his familiar has located, rewarding the the small animal with a pat on the head he picks it up an aloows it to return to her place in his backpack where it is shielded from the cold, he himself quickly returns to the fire.

Arriving around the same time as Carmon he hears what he suggests. "He's right, maybe we can use the wreckage as a shelter for now, if we fill up the holes with snow and wood, maybe we can use the balloon to, we will at least have shelter from the wind and snow. I also found some food, but the crate it was stored in was damaged, I don't think it will spoil but it might attract animals if we leave it out in the open.'' He says as he tries to warm himself at the fire.

17. - Top - End - #47

Viol nods agreeing at what both Carmon and Mithro said.

"Does anyone know how far we are from a settlement?"

18. - Top - End - #48

The dwarf is grateful that someone helped him, and he introduce himself. Thank you, man. I'm Garth, and I'm... I was, the cook of this ship. I can't believe we are so unlucky to end up in a place like this, but then again, we are lucky to be alive, I guess... Is the captain alive? I didn't see him among the deads. A pain expression appears over his face, as he touches his leg. Damn it hurts!

All the survivors are now near the fire and safe: only the woman Carmon carried before looks really weak and needs immediate attention.

At Carmon remarkments, the old man with the green dress agrees. You're right, young one: building a shelter it's the only way to save our lives from the cold he says. His voice is calm and rassuring. Allow me to introduce myself: I'm Athelon, long time traveller. I'll give you all the help my old bones allow me to... But enough: we must hurry to save all the needy, and to get more blankets or fur clothes. A provvisory shelter should be done now: building a more solid one can be done later. We also need to gather all the food we could he says, looking at Mithros: We don't know how much we'll have to remain here, and we must protect it.
    Then he talks to Viol: I don't know if there is a settlement nearby: chances and fate are against us now. Let's just think about how to survive the incoming night. Exploring our sorrounding it's something to be done really soon, however. And... he keeps, in a sad tone ... we must give the dead an appropriate burial. Death attracts crows, crows attract more death.
    As Athelon ends his speech, the survivors that are in good conditions start to
    give an hand in gathering wood to burn, useful items and helping Temil cut the baloon's canvas to make blankets for everyone.

In a small chest into captain's room, Xavoron founds 14 gold coins and a nice shappire. Nothing other valuables are around the room. Xavorin also recovers the maps, altough they are in really bad conditions.

It's middle morning, the weather is still cold and cloudy. 10 minutes have passed since the crash.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

"Athelon's got it on the nose. We can't build a snow shelter big enough to house us all, so I think the hull is our only option. Let's get started on it then. First step is to make a door or flap to cover the large hole where the ship split. We can pile snow and stack boxes for the night if we have to. Who's coming with me?"

Hywel will orchestrate the building of the shelter since he isn't much for manual labor. Priority goes to the largest holes first. Also, if a hole in the "ceiling" can be made properly, a fire can be lit inside the hull (like a Native American Tepee). The fire in the enclosed space would act like a heater in a house and will (hopefully) make the inside super toasty.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xavorin

After completing my search I will head back to the fire and meet up with everyone, and to get help searching the rest of the hull.

When I get to the fire I introduce myself to whoever is there, Greeting all, my name is Xavorin, I have done a peliminary search of the main hull over there, The only survior was the boy I brought out earlier. The Captain is dead, but I did find his maps and navagiation tools. Not sure how good maps will be as they were soaked in blood. I will need help removing the dead and competing the search. We are going to need to work fast, to get ourselves set up to surive out here, till we figure out where we are and how to get out of here.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Albercht

Upon finding his possesions, Albercht will add a layer of clothing -- including his winter garb; sling his backpack over a shoulder, and trek back to the fire. It seems that discussion of shelters and survival have already begun, and Albercht will listen intently. "Using the remains of the airship as shelter seem like a solid enough idea." He looks toward the gnome, Hywel, "Name's Albercht - 'got some skills in construction and smithing; if it's needed."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Assuming I've found my possesions in working condition, Albercht will look the site over for any salvageable metal that could be used for makeshift weapons later. Craft Blacksmithing: (d20+5)[13]; Survival: (d20+5)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Glankas Deepseeker

Glankas nods at Albercht's comment as he returns to the main group with his own gear. He hands his own winter blanket to the wounded man he had earlier healed. "Maybe I can help you, Albercht? I'm a weapon and armorsmith, myself. Glankas Deepseeker of Thautam," the dwarf nods his head and holds out his hand in friendship.

Spoiler
    Show
    Weaponsmith - (1d20+6)[20]; add +2 for metal or stone?
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

23. - Top - End - #53

As you work, you see a sled being pulled by five caribou, the lead one a little more muscular than the rest, come towards the crash site. As it enters the camp, it slows down to a trot, and eventually stops near the fire. The lead caribou unhinges itself from the harness, and then morphs into a human.

Is anyone still hurt? Asks the human, disregarding the (most likely) stares. I have some supplies, but not enough to feed and shelter every one here, I can shelter at most 4, and feed at most 10 for two days.
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Join the PrC creation contest!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DonThelonious
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

24. - Top - End - #54

Iantha walks over to the woman Carmon carried.

"How are you? Can you hear me?

Spoiler
    Show

Heal skillcheck
    (1d20+7)[25]

If not successful or she is badly hurt then;

Iantha shakes her head "This is not good, she is not responding, oh well, only one thing to do then"

She reaches inside her backpack and brings forth a Wand, mumbles a few words and touches the woman with it.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds

Heals (1d8+1)[7]

If successful heal skillcheck;

"Good, she is out of trouble for now, if we just manage to keep her warm, she will wake up soon"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Temil.

Temil turns to look at the bad imitation of Santa Claus that has just arrived. "I think I speak for all of us when I say, "who the hell are you?"

26. - Top - End - #56

I am Brother Wolfman, of the Naim tribe. I have been wandering for a while now, and I saw your ship fall. I decided it would be best to see if any survived, that I may lend assistance. says the newcomer, as he pulls out a healer's kit. Does anyone here still need immediate help?
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

27. - Top - End - #57

A tent needed to be built. Several to be exact, but that will come later. For now, just getting things cleaned up was their first priority. The dead, at least.

His eyes look about for something he can use to dig.

If a search check is needed...
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[3]

28. - Top - End - #58

I begin pitching my portable hut near the fire.

We can use this to house to more gravely injured people. Here, I have a med kit, use this to help the wounded.

It will take 10 minute to pitch the tent, less if I get help.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

29. - Top - End - #59

Carmon intruduce himself too everyone near the fireCarmons the name, sword play the game, guess thats the last time ill go on a flying ship.

after carmon is done greeting with people he streches his shoulders and drops his backpack on the ground. He then cracks his knuckles and says whos going to help me start gathering some lumber

(question are we going to use the hull as a shelter or use the scraps to build a shelter)
    Last edited by de-trick; 2008-05-14 at 08:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

30. - Top - End - #60

That is why I trust my animals, they don't betray me and crash into a mountain. Help me get this hut pitched so I can go help the wounded by getting them in it.

We are on a mountain, right?
    Last edited by dman11235; 2008-05-14 at 08:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.