New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Strange & Atom Academy for Superpowered Ladies and Gentlemen - Issue 1 - Beginnin

"Depends on the exact species, but very big. My mother could pick me up with one hand, and she was very short for her kind."
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Strange & Atom Academy for Superpowered Ladies and Gentlemen - Issue 1 - Beginnin

ScyBlade
    Well, that was a stupid question. My hand goes to my head as if I have a headache.
    Spoiler
    Show

PsyBlade, Ayna, and Baiyan by GryffonDurime

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

"Neat!"

I lower my hand, and wait for the tour to begin.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Talent

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Okay then, I'll assume that we're all in the same place, by the Giant Vib- you know what, I'm not going to finish that sentence.

I grinned a little bit at the senior's name, but then quickly hid it under my facade of wimpiness.

"N-no, s-sir. I have no q-questions."
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Vox

Sighing a bit more, he adjusts his Rayban sunglasses a bit and looks up. "Grow a pair." His voice is little more than a whisper, even to his ears, but it's obvious he is quickly losing patience with the thought of having to work with someone who couldn't even complete a sentence without tripping over their syllables. He looks at the age group, and starts to wonder if he had made the right decision. True, there were no other schools like this one where he could hone his abilities, but was it worth the aggravation?

His thoughts are concealed behind the same stoic mask he wore at formations. Emotionless, rock-hard, and eyes impassive. Whatever thoughts he had about the situation, he kept to himself. He mulls over what his first order of business is going to be, and to what classes the government had decided to assign him. He had gone through two training batteries, and this one would be his third, but it would be unlike anything he had experienced. He didn't like going into the situation blind, so he steeled himself for the worst. Hurry up and wait, so the saying goes. Looks like he'd be waiting some more until he finally got his teeth into his classes.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Corner.

Corner switched his pack over to his right shoulder, "I'm ready to get this started, Vibe." He smiled slightly as he adjusted his goggles with his free hand.

Signature by Sneak.

7. - Top - End - #67

Talent

I give an audible gulp at the stoic guy, and then turn back to "Vibe". Might as well figure out when any sort of fights are, so I can stop keeping up this degrading mask.

In my question, I appear to make an effort to not stutter, but merely slip back into my mode of speech.
    "Um, Mr. Vibrator sir? I've heard somewhere that there's some kind of scheduled f-fights or something similar, like a student villain trys to finish one goal in class, and a student hero trys to stop the villain, and they get graded for it. Is this true? I want to know when to hide."

I then begin thinking about the stoic's words. Grow a pair? Grow a pair? I'll rip off his pair! Or possibly cut it off. Either way, he will see what I can do. They all will.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

DOC G

More or less saying out loud what I'm thinking, I quietly say, "Ya, that's fine, let's go," but it was likely drowned out by the other more talkative students.
    Last edited by Gandalfofborg; 2008-05-20 at 10:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Feron

Feron grins, "The poof, if you will. Seems like the more direct and reasonable way to get there."
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Tlaloc

Wandering around idly, Tlaloc continues his attempts to absorb electricity at random, spending some time looking speculatively at the various NPCs wearing powered armor. Nothing like a slave that comes with a captive inside.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

MAL

I rub my eyes a few times as I notice a student lit up like the lovechild of a Christmas tree and a fireworks show. I approach Tlaloc.

"Wow, you're really pretty."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Tlaloc
    Spoiler
    Show

Blatant Ripoff of a Googled image, but my guy looks roughly like this

Tlaloc turns and looks at his admirer. He briefly considers slaying him, then decides to take it as a complement. Taking a brief moment to size up Mal, he responds; "Thanks."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

"You're made of electricity. That's so cool! Are you always like that?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, OK, you can compliment each other later. I'm on a tight schedule and such. Now, which campus shall we go to first? We are in the Celestia Campus, but most groups will try seeing it first, so I suggest we come back at a later hour when the place has calmed down a bit more. Our options are Astral, Jade, Oceandown, Magmus, Primal and Crossroads."
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Having no idea what any of the campuses were, I opted to pick one at random.

"I vote for Crossroads."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

ScyBlade
    Astral sounds like home to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Corner.

Corner shrugged, "Why don't you just pick? You have been here a long while, you should know which order we should go in so as to avoid all the crowds."

Signature by Sneak.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Vox

He quirks up an eyebrow at the last comment. "Someone with intuitiveness. Good. At least not everyone's not a moron around here." He looks up at the giant and tilts his head towards Corner. His voice is stern but level, a strained calm that belies something beneath. "His idea sounds the best, actually."

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if you have super-duper hearing, but unless you do, you didn't hear what he said. Just want to make sure you fully understood what I meant when I made the little text, with all the background noise et al.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Orion

"Magmus sounds a little more my speed." said the musclebound teen with the blue, crystalline skin. He hiked his backpack further onto his shoulder and ran his hand through his hair, looking around with a subdued interest at his surroundings.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    "You're made of electricity. That's so cool! Are you always like that?"
    "I am lightning made manifest." He looks at MAL again (desc please)..

"As to the order of our tour.... I have no preference, save that it Start Immediately. Enough time has been wasted."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Curious about all of these 'campuses', I just say, "Doesn't matter to me; I want to see them all."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jael_Darkwood View Post
    (desc please)
    ((Typical kid in his early teens. Brown hair, a bit on the short side; both in terms of height and attention span. And if you have some way of detecting electricity, you'll be seeing a lot of that))

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

"OK, umm... none of you happen to be carrying silver, cold iron, jade or obsidian, right? Cause the place I have in mind isn't really a good place to carry those around."
    I use black for sarcasm.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

"I may contain neutronium. Does that count?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

"Not sure, really. The charter only says 'silver, cold iron, jade or obsidian'. Though I guess they knew what they were talking about when they left it out, so we should be safe. I think."
    I use black for sarcasm.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

ScyBlade
    I don't, but I think I know why they don't want any of that where we're going.

Spoiler
    Show

Just in case, I'm going to do a roll for Knowledge: Arcane Lore. Seems like it would give me a heads up on where we're going.
    Arcane_Lore - (d20+5)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

ScyBlade

Spoiler
    Show
    Your arcane expertise fails you at the moment.
    I use black for sarcasm.

28. - Top - End - #88

Talent

I look at the senior, perplexed about him asking his question. Then it hit me. Silver, from what remember from watching a few dozen werewolf movies, was apparently magical, or had to do with magic, for example, killing the werewolf. So a campus that forbid silver was probably magical if it forbid something that could kill or harm supernatural creatures. It would probably help to study up on the cold iron, jade, and obsidian too; I'll make a self-note for that.

I decide to drop the irritatingly wimpy facade for a moment, so I could ask questions easier.

"I've watched plenty of werewolf or generic horror movies, and it's almost always silver that can harm or kill the 'monster', who is always magical in nature. I don't know about the other materials, but I assume the campus is a magical one, since it doesn't allow silver? Is that right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I can do this, right? It seems to be a no-brainer, and my character's certainly smart enough to figure it out.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

"Magic, yes. A lot of arcane and sylvan creatures, and a good number of them are apparently allergic to those materials. Don't know about the werewolf part, though. It is a school policy to keep the exact weaknesses of students secret."
    I use black for sarcasm.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Orion

"Magic, huh? Can't say I know much about that. My powers are a hand-me-down from my parents. Orion said. "But what the hell, let's just get this started. I'm tired of waiting around now that we're all finally here."
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.