New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Missing Lore (IC)

Rohran Breeze

Breeze listens and nods his head to the others' questions.
    "So it works in practice. Who cares? Does it work in theory?"
    Spoiler
    Show

PolkaBear by Ceika | Eckher by Wayril
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Characters: Clunch Lian
    PolkaBear avatar courtesy of Ceika

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

"There is no possibility for my trying to understand the Lore. I just assume that the Lore was stolen because of the way the tower disappeared without a trace. One of the ancient dutis of this kingdom is to keep watch over Rokorno Tower. Since it has disappeared, we have to assume the worst.

If there are no further questions, I would like you to be off as soon as can be. Find Rokorno Tower. Find the Lore. And make sure it is safe. I can not even imagine what would happen if the Lore was used.
    " Lord Rawlins sets down his goblet and looks at the heroes for any last minute questions.
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

Thank you Caracol for my avatar.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lleu Par Margyn

"Alright, I suppose we can handle that." Lleu answers confidently, but privately wonders how to force an omniscient entity to do anything it doesn't want to do.
    It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Joseph

Well it seems the best place to start would be the location where the tower once stood, if there is nothing else for us to do here, then i say we should be off. Joseph stands up and bows to the lord, Thank you for the wonderful meal my Lord. Turning he heads towards the door, looking back to see if anyone else had any business still with the Lord.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lleu par Margyn

Seeing none of the others raising any additional questions, Lleu follows the farmer out the door eager for adventure.

6. - Top - End - #36

Rohran Breeze

Rohran bounced off his chair to stand before Lord Rawlins. "We'll do our best to find it, my lord, before anything comes of its absence. Do you need regular reports on our progress, or anything like that?" After receiving his answer, he adjusted his rapier, bowed, and followed the others out.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Having already figured out how the Lore has disappeared, Helior now simply wishes to find it and ask it why, as well as a number of other questions. "Let us not delay, I shall see by what means the tower disappeared." Helior is already up and walking towards the door.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Rynold

Rynold gets up from his chair slowly, makes a small bow before Lord Rawlins.

We will not disappoint you, my Lord.

He turns to leave in order to keep pace with his new comrades.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Updates are not neccessary. Unless you feel the need to inform me. Here let me give you this. It will allow you to send me messages if push my seal mark and speak." Lord Rawlins takes off what appears to be a signet ring. He hands it to Cado and continues "You know how to use it and where to keep it. Please find me answers and help the Lore if it is danger as I fear." He then leads you out of his study and down the hall. He stops just infront of the gate and wishes you luck.

The guards raise the gate just enough for you to get through and nothing more. As soon as you are clear, the gate falls with a loud thud. You are in the front of the palace in the center of the capital city. The road you are on will take you to main gate at the city wall. By the placement of the sun it appears to not even be midday yet.

Cado and Joseph
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is the main road that will take 4 days of travel to get back home. There is also a route through Wulfein Woods that will allow to shorten the trip by at least 1 day. However, you will have to spend at least a night in the woods.

Cado
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have been in charge of the ring before. It has allowed you to send and receive messages from Lord Rawlins before. Normally you keep it hidden just in case a situation goes sour.

Breeze
    Spoiler
    Show
    There seemed to be something else wrong with Lord Rawlins. Similar to an opponent holding back a last resort tactic. You did not sense this until he answered your question.

Helior
    Spoiler
    Show
    There seems to be something nagging your brain. It is like a memory that you just can not seem to remember. One thing about the entire meeting seemed off but you can not comprehend what it is. All you know is that something was wrong.

Rynold
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once you get outside, you look towards the skies as you normally do. There are a few clouds in the sky. For a split second they change into an image of a spiral. This symbol you remember is a sign from the Four Winds that represents danger.

Lleu
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once you step outside, you get a strange feeling. Suddenly you are standing in a dark emptiness, no light and no noise. You look down and see a compass. You are standing at your point and before you is the Archdruid. He tries to speak but nothing comes forth. He tries again but the same thing happens. He produces a small flame above his head. As you watch, you see a flicker of darkness. Then another happens. It continues until the entire flame becomes black. Then cold eyes appear and the flame goes out. As you look back down at the Archdruid you are back on the street with your companions.
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Cado

Cado looks around to get his bearings then turns to face the group.

Well we have two choices. We either follow the path which is about a four day journey. Or we could travel through the Wulfein Woods and it would only take a little more than a day. If we use the woods then we skip out on the luxury of beds and good food in the inns, but we saave precious time. I say we travel as far as we can in the woods and then spend the night and finish out our journey in the morning. Any other ideas?

Cado then places the ring into his bag and awaits a response.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

11. - Top - End - #41

Joseph

The problem with the woods tho, is there are creatures in there that could attack us. And althrough I know the way through them somewhat decent I wouldn't want to put any unecessary risk upon anyone. So my vote is the safe route but I will go along with the group.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Helior is barely listening to his companions. He has moved past the euphoria of figuring out how the Lore went missing and so now he is focusing on the meeting that recently concluded as well as why the Lore chose to leave. He comes to a few basic conclusions, but will not yet reveal what he thinks, he doesn't trust these people.

"Either road we take will be acceptable to me. The real question is, do we want to walk or find other means of transport?"
    Last edited by The Boyce; 2008-06-02 at 04:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Joseph

Well, I have my own means of transportation. But I would understand with how long the trip is, if everyone wanted a horse to ride.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Rynold

Rynold looks to the skies, asborbed in thought as he scans the clouds, sniffing in the air as if somehow coaxing out its secrets. An expression of worry falls over his face.

Mark my words: Eurus does not smile at us these days, and our path will not be a safe one. I suggest we take no unnecessary risks in our efforts to reach Barbon! The Winds only know what we may encounter in Wulfein, and our mission is dangerous enough as is.
    Last edited by RebelRogue; 2008-06-02 at 05:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Rohran Breeze

Rohran shuddered. "Any notice from Eurus is unwelcome on the road. I agree that time is precious; but if the gain is only a day, we could easily lose that benefit if we were waylaid or if the weather turned on us. My first thought had been to brave the woods; but in light of Rynold's counsel, I think the other route more prudent--if less adventurous."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Well then let us take the long road! Better than waiting around like fools!" With that Helior taps his staff twice on the floor and heads off.

17. - Top - End - #47

Rohran Breeze

Breeze follows after, taking to wing initially as he sets his direction and then proceeding on foot with the others.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Joseph

Relieved as the group decides to take the less dangerous route, as that means less trouble that Joseph has to help deal with. He may be slightly braver and stronger than most standard folks, but he still isn't on par with the ones he is travelling with.

Pulling out a whistle from his pocket and giving it a blow, Joseph waits a few seconds then reaches into his other pocket and pulls out a wrapped up leaf. Unwrapping the item, he reveals a few pieces of raw meat. Finally looking into the sky, a big smile appears on his face. Ah Sindril, my friend, Sorry to keep you waiting, but it appears we were needed after all. These gentlemen here are friends, and we will be riding with them. All the while feeding the pieces of meat to the Griffon that decended next to him. After the last piece is gone, Sindril lowers her head and allows Joseph to climb on. Now we don't want to get ahead of them, so let's just keep to the ground, unless danger is spotted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

You set off along the main road. It takes you straight out of the town. As you continue to follow it, you past several large farms. These seem to be the main source of food for the capital. You continue on and arrive in a town just before sunset. The inn keeper greets you warmly and offers you room and board at a responsible price.

The next morning, you awake to find a fine mist. As you start out you notice that the mist is not much of a hinderance and slowly burns off by two hours after you start. This day was also an uneventful day of travel that takes you past three small communities. You reach a lake town at nightfall and receive the same treatment as the day before. After a good homecooked meal, you all fall fast asleep.

The next morn, a thicker fog covers the town. However, the innkeeper assures you that this is common due to the nearby lake. As you head down the road, all seems good. Rynold, Lleu, Helior, and Cado all fall down.

The fallen
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are all knocked prone which was caused by a strong pull on your legs

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    The fog is still present.
    Rool for intiative.

20. - Top - End - #50

Rohran Breeze

Rohran jumped when the others fell; and by the time he landed he already had his blade out and was crouching in a fighting stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+8)[17]

Okay, so I took a few liberties in the flavor text. I'll square it all with the RAW once we get the initiative order sorted out.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Joseph

Seeing a few of his companions fall to the ground, Joseph knows something is going wrong. Giving a single command to Sindril "Prepare" he looks on his guard.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+2)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lleu Par Margyn

Finding himself hurled to the ground by something Lleu is in no rush to rise. He instead remains prone, looking around trying to see something from the ground that was perhaps hidden by the fog at a higher level.

Spoiler
    Show
    Init (d20+1)[18]

Spot (d20+9)[22]

Assuming I see nothing, I cast Gust of Wind to try to get rid of the fog.

Also, sorry that I didn't respond sooner. I didn't realize the game had kicked back up.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Rynold

That old trickster Notus!, Rynold mutters in his prone position. As he looks around, trying to get an idea of what's going on he raises one hand while clutching his holy symbol in the other. He raises his voice as he clearly and distinctly calls upon his gods: Mighty Winds, let your lucky breezes blow upon us!.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[9]

If applicable Rynold spends a move action making a deliberate spot check, then casts Prayer.
    Spot: (1d20+5)[6]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

The fog seems to have slowed your party down slightly. A cry of pain comes forth from Lleu as he stays on the ground. Wary from the cry, Joseph is able to protect himself as something rushes into him. The fog seems to be growing thicker as time moves on.

Lleu
    Spoiler
    Show
    You received 5 damage. You are able to notice that pieces of the fog seem to be moving under their own power. One piece slamed into to deliver the damage and then spread out inbetween your allies.

Joseph
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice a piece of the fog come rushing toward you. However, it does nothing but give you a slight push against your armor. It remains surrounding you and Sindril.
    Make a ride check in your next post. If you were not riding him, then say so in a spoiler.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Joseph and Sindril
    Lleu
    Breeze
    Cado
    Rynold
    Helior

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Seeing as these creatures have no problem finding their targets in the dark Helior will try to alleviate the problem. A strange word and a few hand motions later and four glowing lights appear over the party they then move to form a diamond.

Spoiler
    Show
    Helior casts dancing lights