New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maloria

1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Maloria

Without losing a second to celebrate dropping the orc with back to back arrows, Scar pivots and draws his bowstring taught to his cheek (sp?) taking aim at the second orc near the side of the house, now growling spittle as he sees his comrade take a step and fall backward limply.

Breathing in, Scar releases two shots in rapid succession and then glances around to see where his party's own orc is moving.

Spoiler
    Show

ATTACKING WITH RAPID SHOT - Composite bow
    Attack (+1 for point blank shot) (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage (+1 for point blank shot) (1d6+2)[4]

Attack (+1 for point blank shot) (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage (+1 for point blank shot) (1d6+2)[5]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

Damiaen charges forward with Puuku. As Puuku passes the first goblin in the line of three, Damiaen swings with all his might and tries to sever the head completely from the shoulders of the goblin. After his swing, Puuku continues past the goblins, around the house, and Damiaen begins to direct him back around to get another charge off next round.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+10)[21]
    Damage:(2d6+5)[10]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gwarlong charges to the other side of the barn seeking other enemies. He holds his staff high and prepares for an enemy.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gwarlong charges around the corner, sees the other sentry and begins moving towards him with his staff at ready. Over his shoulder two arrows flash past but only one finds it's mark in the orcs shoulder. The orc with only a slight hesitation charges in towards the half-orc and slashes hard with his long curved blade. Gwarlong sidesteps to dodge the blow but the orc deflty changes the blades momentum and leaves a gash down the half-orcs leg.

Damiaen charges into the fray slicing cleanly into the neck of the first goblin he reaches. The next two goblins both take at his horse as he passes but neither makes contact as the warrior rides by. As Damiaen turns around both orcs positioned in front of the barn move towards him and attack but the warriors massive blade parries their blows with ease. The goblins that attacked as he rode by both close in and attack as well. One throws a spear that whizzes right past Damiaen's head and the other moves in and levels a hard blow at the warrior's mount, but Damiaen's experience in the saddle shows as he helps Puuku avoid the blow.

The remaining goblins close in around the Captain who parries the first few blows, but takes morningstar to the shoulder that makes him wince. The Captain responds with two wild swings, that are easily avoided by the smaller goblins.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stevo takes 8 damage
    The Captain takes 3

Blue-I figured you took a 5ft step forward and up but I forgot to move you, so you are technically in the square directly above the one shown on the map
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-06-01 at 10:44 PM.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Scar begins sprinting around the side of the barn closest to the house to either take another shot at the orc he hit once, or to skulk along side the barn to see the action around the fire.

OOC: I will sprint two moves if needed, which at the farthest would take me to the corner of the barn near the fire. Scar will maintain partial cover by the corner of the barn.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

Seeing that he and Puuku are surrounded, Damiaen decides that he and Puuku should fight off the big orcs first. Puuku attacks the orc in front of her with two powerful hooves and a bite. Once Puuku finishes her attack, Damiaen swings towards the orc toward her back side, if she doesn't finish him off, otherwise he swings at the one she hit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Puuku: 2 hooves and a bite
    Attack1:(1d20+6)[8]
    Damage1:(1d6+4)[6]
    Attack2:(1d20+6)[24]
    Damage2:(1d6+4)[9]
    Attack3:(1d20+4)[12]
    Damage3:(1d4+2)[6]

Damiaen:Attack:(1d20+9)[28]
    Damage:(2d6+7)[18]

OOC:forgot to add the bonus for holding sword with two hands. I'm going to say that since i'm on Puuku, I'm not getting off a full attack, so I'm only getting a 1.5xbonus and not 2x bonus. My damage modifier is +7 not +5

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

CritConf:(1d20+9)[10]
    Damage:(2d6+7)[13]

Come on baby! Give daddy something good!!! (Wow that sounds creepy)

Weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2008-06-02 at 11:11 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gwarlong retaliates swiftly cutting down his opponent with his bladed staff and moves to the edge of the house for some cover, motioning to Scar that the coast is clear. Scar quickly catches up and hangs around the edge of the barn to get a better view.

Damien continues his attack, slicing deeply into the shoulder of the large orc next to him, but surprisingly the orc stays standing and attempts an counter attack with his large axe that bangs uselessly off the mounted warrior's armor. Puuku, using all the combat training he was raised with, lifts his front legs and lands an iron clad hoof that knocks the orc near his front out cold. Both the goblins attack again at the mounts sides but their blows clang efforlessly off of Puuku's barding.

The two eastern sentries round the shed and fire arrows at the large mounted warrior and one of them logdes in between the joints in his full plate at the shoulder, but not too deeply.

The Captain attacks again cutting deep into the side of a goblin, putting him out of the fight, but takes two cuts from the remaining goblins as he recovers from the attack.

Four more orcs exit the house ready to join the fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cheyne takes 5 damage
    Captain takes 8 damage

And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

9. - Top - End - #69

SwashbucklerGuy

Gwarlong charges toward the horseman and positions himself in such a way that the enemy is between he and his ally and must chose one to fight. He then takes advantage of this akward situation to strike while the enemy is preoccupied with Damien.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Scar Thorndrake
    HP 26
    AC 20

Scar peers from around the corner in time to witness the warrior's horse deal a vicious blow to an orc. Then, from the house he sees more foes emerge. He decides to move down the front of the barn, away from the new combatants. Quickly and quietly he slinks down the facade, scanning the violence around him. Past the warrior he finds the Captian besieged by 3 goblins. Scar kneels 30' from his previous position and fires at the leftmost goblin.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently (1d20+14)[22]

Attack with Composite Bow
    Attack (without point blank shot) (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage +2 against goblinoids (1d6+3)[8]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen
    HP:21
    AC:19

Puuku:
    Hp:30
    AC:17

Damiaen, seeing Gwarlong come in to the fight, turns his attention, and Puuku, to the two goblins beside him. Puuku slams the goblin in front of her with two hooves and a bite, while Damiaen strikes the goblin beside the one Puuku hit, with his large sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Puuku:
    Attack1:(1d20+6)[18]
    Damage1:(1d6+4)[7]

Attack2:(1d20+6)[20]
    Damage2:(1d6+4)[9]

Attack3:(1d20+1)[19]
    Damage3:(1d4+2)[3]

Damiaen:
    Attack:(1d20+9)[19]
    Damage:(2d6+7)[10]

After this, Damiaen slides off of Puuku, getting ready to take the rest of the fight on foot.
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2008-06-03 at 09:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gwarlong slips in behind the orc and delivers a devastating blow into the back of his unsuspecting opponent. After the half-orc clears the path, Scar creeps along the front of the barn and fires an arrow at one of the goblins facing the Captain. The arrow glances off the creatures skull but leaves him reeling from the blow. The Captain uses the distraction to finish the goblin off with one of his axes.

With only two goblins in front of him now, Damiaen pulls back on the reins of his trusted steed and as Puuka rears up another goblin is knocked out cold by the horses solid hooves. As the horse returns to the ground Damiaen uses the momentum to land a devastating blow on the last remaining creature standing in his way. After the blow he silently dismounts his horse as if challenging the new orcs to meet his blade.

The new orcs are quick to respond to the silent challenge as the orc behind them orders a charge towards the now unmounted warrior. The ferocity of their rush catches Damiaen by surprise and two heavy blows are landed before he can bring his blade up to knock aside the third.

One of the goblins continues to fire at the warrior, obviously hoping to catch him distracted with the orcs but the arrows bounces harmlessly off of Damiaen's heavy armor. The other goblin decides to target the gnome across the fire and lands a glancing blow to the small target.

The supposed leader of this raiding party chuckles as looks around the battle field, he says, "I was pulled out of bed for these few. I might not even bloody my blade before this is done and all you've accomplished is a purging of the weakness in my ranks. If you quit now I will spare your lives."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cheyne takes 15 damage
    Blue takes 4 damage

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

HP 6
    AC 19
    Damiaen whistles to tell Puuku to rush off. Puuku dashes off out of the fight and out of the village. Physically warn out, Damiaen growls at the three orcs in front of him and takes a massive swing at the middle orc. "You will feel my wrath you filthy beast"

Spoiler
    Show

Attack:(1d20+8)[18]
    Damage:(2d6+10)[18]
    Double damage now, so +10 instead of +5
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 2008-06-03 at 11:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Scar Thorndrake
    HP 22
    AC 20

Scar huffs as the arrow glances off his padded armor, leaving a flesh wound. Narrowing his vision, he spies the goblin archers across the fire and looses two arrows at the right-most target, then retreats to the barn door for cover eases back against the barn on one knee.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1
    Attack (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage +2 goblinoid (1d6+3)[4]

Attack 2
    Attack (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage +2 goblinoid (1d6+3)[8]

Hide (1d20+18)[29]
    Last edited by Wyverex; 2008-06-04 at 12:03 PM. Reason: correcting spelling and highlighting current hp

15. - Top - End - #75

SwashbucklerGuy

Gwarlong

HP 14
    AC 20 (Defensive fighting)

Gwarlong moves to fight with the horseman. Standing to his left, he takes a single swipe at the monster in front of him. He is careful not to overextend himself as he engages the enemy.

Spoiler
    Show

Fighting defensively

Attack (1d20+3)[12]
    Damage (1d8+7)[13]

16. - Top - End - #76

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gwarlong moves forward and lashes out with his bladed staff, but the orc parries it. He responds with an attack of his own bit underestimates the quickness of his half-orc opponent as Gwarlong sidesteps the attack.

Scar returns fire at the archer across the flames and one of his arrows finds its mark. The goblin returns fire but barely misses and as the arrow thuds into the barn door Scar hears a muffled scream echo from within.

Damiaen lands a devastating blow in retaliation on the orc in front of him that down his opponent with one swipe. Finding a reserve of strength inside himself, he follows through his killing stroke by parrying the attack of the other orc and readies himself to strike again.

The remaining archer turns to target the Captain, but shoots wide of the dwarven target. The Captain doesn't even notice the arrow fly by and focuses on the to remaining goblins in front of him. With two swift blows one of the goblins is retired before is has the chance to avoid the massive dwarven axes.

The orc leader moves to engage the human warrior but his eye catches the bladed staff wielded by the half-orc. "Where did you get that?" he demands, his voice losing the bluster of his previous jeering.

Spoiler
    Show
    First round we've experienced with no damage recieved
    Stevo barely missed a hit...good thing he was fighting defensively

Blue-forgot to move you back a step, but I don't feel like making a new map, so just note that you are actually one up and to the left
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-06-04 at 11:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

As Damiaen's blade slices clean through the first orc, Damiaen continues the momentum to the next orc, to his right.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+8)[20]
    Damage:(2d6+10)[15]

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Next Round
    Damiaen
    Hp 6
    AC 19

Damiaen focuses his attention on the final orc to his left.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+8)[24]
    Damage:(2d6+10)[17]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Scar Thorndrake
    HP 22
    AC 20

Staying crouched next to the barn, Scar notes screams and shudders against the inside of the barn as an arrow blooms in the wood a foot from his face. "Who's in there?" he screams over his shoulder. Then he prepares to loose two more arrows across the fire, yet after his first shot, he hears the loud shouting of an orc. Seeing the commanding presence, he considers adjusting to aim at the presumed enemy leader. However, he realizes this adversary may take more cunning to bring down, so again lines up the second archer.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1 - goblin archer on top
    Attack (1d20+7)[26]
    Damage (1d6+1)[7]

Attack 2 - goblin archer on bottom
    Attack (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage (1d6+1)[2]

Spot to check the barn door and how it's closed (1d20+6)[15]

"Captain, can you handle the last one next to you?" he calls.
    Last edited by Wyverex; 2008-06-04 at 09:24 PM. Reason: coloring text

20. - Top - End - #80

SwashbucklerGuy

Gwarlong

HP 14
    AC 20 (Defensive fighting)

Gwarlong decides to stay in a defensive mindset. Now standing toe to toe with the enemy in front of him, he prepares to attack the beast with both sides of his staff.

Spoiler
    Show

1st Attack (1d20+1)[8]
    Damage (1d8+7)[13]

2nd Attack (1d20+1)[21]
    Damage (1d6+6)[12]

He responds to the fiendish leader's inquiry.

This staff is my prize for defeating Balorg, chieftain of the Red Claws. I am Gwarlong Grimespittle, rightful ruler of the Red Claw Orc tribe by killing Balorg in single combat. No longer will this staff drink the blood of innocents.

21. - Top - End - #81

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Critical Check (1d20+1)[6]
    Damage (1d6+6)[10]

22. - Top - End - #82

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gwarlong slices deep into the leg of the orc in front of him and as his opponent stumbles he whirls that staff around to come crashing into the head of the obviously outclassed creature. As the orc crumples to the ground Gwarlong stares at the leader and defiantly proclaims, "This staff is my prize for defeating Balorg, chieftain of the Red Claws. I am Gwarlong Grimespittle, rightful ruler of the Red Claw Orc tribe by killing Balorg in single combat. No longer will this staff drink the blood of innocents."

The orc responds by saying, "I may die this day...but I will do all I can to take you with me." He looks back to the archer and orders him to fire on the half-orc as he charges. As he starts towards Gwarlong he draws a large sword from his back and twirls it once in the air before swinging it towards the object of his anger. While the blade has much force behind it, it was not quick enough to strike the nimble half-orc and Gwarlong dodges the first blow unscathed. An arrow also zooms past his head, too far off its mark for either of the combatants to even register.

Damiaen follows through with his last strike and lands another on the same orc, seperating its head and left shoulder from the rest of its body.

Scar speaks to the voices inside the barn but gets no reply back so he speedily gets off two shots that down one of the goblin archers before it could fire and his companion.

The Captain yells back, "The buggers are wily, but I think I'll manage." He swings again at the last goblin within his reach but it seems that without his companions this goblin is much more focused on defense as he ducks and dodges from both of the blows.

Spoiler
    Show
    No damage again....I crossed my finger for you Stevo and they both rolled pathetically

The orc leader is in the square of the guard Stevo just pummeled...thats why there is an X across him
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-06-05 at 05:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Scar furrows his brow at the silence that greets his call to the barn. Whoever is inside will have to keep waiting.

Seeing the warrior putting down orcs left and right, and the chieftain charging the half-orc, Scar decides he'll fell the remaining archer then move to aid the duo. To be certain, he fires two shots.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1
    Attack (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage (1d6+1)[7]

Attack 2
    Attack (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage (1d6+1)[3]

Determination mares his mud covered features as he bites his tongue, reproaching himself for getting pinned down and not engaging the orcs sooner.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

Damiaen focuses all his efforts on hitting the orc leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+8)[20]
    Damage:(2d6+10)[15]

25. - Top - End - #85

SwashbucklerGuy

Gwarlong attacks the chieftain, being careful to keep up his guard.

Spoiler
    Show

1st Attack
    (1d20+1)[2]
    Damage
    (1d8+7)[15]

2nd Attack
    (1d20+1)[2]
    Damage
    (1d6+6)[10]

26. - Top - End - #86

SwashbucklerGuy

After his futile attack, Gwarlong attempts to shift his position just a step so that the orc leader is between Damien and himself.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

eek Re: Maloria

After releasing his arrows, Scar directs his attention to the battle with the orc leader. Wincing as the half man-orc slices through air twice, Scar redoubles his concern that he'll be needed in that battle.

28. - Top - End - #88

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gwarlong swings his staff above his head and just as he is bringing it down to strike to orc leader it bangs against the side of the house. He fumbles with his weapon a bit but manages to hold on to it, as the leader attacks him again. Just as the blow is about to strike Gwarlong, Damien cuts a huge gash into the orcs leg throwing off his attack and causing his blow to miss barely.

Scar fires to more arrows after the goblin archer but the flames in between them blocked his vision right as he was releasing his arrows and they both barely flew wide.

The Captain strikes down the final goblin attacking him and charges toward the remaining archer. The archer spares the dwarf a glance but fires again on Gwarlong and his arrow cuts into the shoulder of the half-orc.

Spoiler
    Show
    No new map but everything is the same except Captain moved towrds the archer and his goblin is now dead.

Stevo took 4 damage

Just as a heads up I'm going to be running penalties for rolling ones, Stevo took a -2 to AC that round and had a chance to drop his weapon. The penalty won't always be the same but I'll let you know.

Sorry Stevo, but there is really no where on the map for you to go to get a sneak attack off.

29. - Top - End - #89

SwashbucklerGuy

Gwarlong
    HP 10
    AC 20 defensive

Gwarlong yells to Damien, Take a step to your left...NOWthe half-orc nimbly moves around the orc chieftain and ends up behind him.

Spoiler
    Show

Tumble
    (1d20+7)[21]

Delaying attack until Damien moves
    Attack (1d20+1)[18] and flanking bonus possibly
    Damage (1d8+7)[14]
    Sneak Attack (2d6)[8]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Exclamation Re: Maloria

Scar Thorndrake
    HP 22
    AC 20

Being too distracted the last few shots, Scar resolves NOT to let it happen again. Seeing Captain Magnum charge the archer, Scar moves forward until even with the orc chief and fires into his side.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage +2 dmg against orc (1d6+3)[8]

OOC: Brandon, so that puts me 5' away from the fire.
    edit: wow, that's my third 2 in a row...
    Last edited by Wyverex; 2008-06-07 at 03:44 PM. Reason: adding character stat info