Thread: Maloria

1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Maloria

Scar Thorndrake
    HP 26
    AC 20

Seeing his comrades spring to action, Scar decides the barkeep only wants to ensure a "fair" fight, so with a shrug he flicks the darts up his sleeves and lunges a punch into the onlooking thug's nethers.

Spoiler
    Show

Sleight of hand (1d20+4)[18]
    Attach (with base attack) (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage (1d2)[1]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gwarlong jabs with his left hand at the nearest drunk
    (1d20+4)[6]
    (1d2+4)[5]

and uppercuts with his right
    (1d20+4)[10]
    (1d2+4)[5]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gwarlong sends a two hit combination towards his opponent, who surprisingly manages to dodge both of them. While focusing on the blows from the half-orc though he gets blindsighted by a heavy fist from Damiaen. Scar sends a jab to his opponent nethers and though not dealing much damage it manages to buckle him over in pain. The lead drunk disoriented throws a wild punch towards Gwarlong but misses wide, but his friend manages to capitalize on Damiaen distraction by landing a vicious blow himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Damaien takes 5 non-lethal
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

cool Re: Maloria

Scar Thorndrake
    HP 26
    AC 20

Scar takes the opportunity to hit his now eye level opponent with a two-finger poke to his eyes. "Good to see you, but you may need a second look," Scar jibes.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack with Three-Stooge manuever (1d20+5)[13]
    Concentrate for precision (1d20+3)[8]
    Damage (1d2)[2]

5. - Top - End - #125

SwashbucklerGuy

Gwarlong strikes the drunk in the face with his left hand.
    (1d20+6)[16]
    (1d2)[1]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

"Hey! That almost hurt you b*stard!" Damiaen swings wildly at the man who just hit him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+6)[7]
    Damage:(1d3+3)[6]

7. - Top - End - #127

WolfInSheepsClothing

Damiean's swing was very wild, missing the mark on his newly acquired opponent. The return swing was close, but the barbarian barely dodged. The half-orc faired much better on his swing, landing a glancing on the drunk facing off with him, but recieved a return blow to the side of his jaw. Scar's attemt to deliver a eye poke to his opponent met a modicum of success. While not getting a clear strike to the eye, it clearly affected his next blow which missed by a wide margin.

The barkeep continued to look out, making no move to disrupt the altercation but clearly ready in case the fight got out of hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gwarlong recieved 3 non-lethal damage

Just as a heads up I'm running under the assumption that ya'll have been to the room and taken off your armor. Just doesn't make a barfight fair to consider the barabarian still wearing full plate. Figured I'd let you know.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Now you tell us; I was completely acting under the idea that I had just walked in from my errand and found them at the table, thus, I would be outfitted still. Oh well, if we can't polish off a few drunks, I may yet have to resort to venom.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

Getting tired of the altercation, Damiaen decides to grapple with the drunk and hopefully pin him down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of opportunity against me
    if fail: Touch attack:(1d20+6)[26]
    if touch:Grapple check:(1d20+6)[22]
    if success:(1d3+3)[4]
    move into space

10. - Top - End - #130

SwashbucklerGuy

Gwarlong quickly moves behind the drunk fighting with Scar. He attacks the enemy from behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully a 5 foot step, if not I get +4 vs attacks of opp.
    1st Attack (1d20+4)[15] more possible if flanking
    1st Damage (1d2+4)[6]
    1st Sneak attack (2d6)[5]

2nd Attack (1d20+4)[21] more possible if flanking
    2nd Damage (1d2+4)[6]
    2nd Sneak attack (2d6)[5]

11. - Top - End - #131

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gwarlong shifts around the drunk and lands two devastating blows that leaves his opponent teetering. He never recovers fully from the blow and misses wide with his return punch.

Damiaen, frustrated at his recent miss, decides to change tactics and bear hugs his opponent who struggles futiley against the iron clad grip.

Scar's opponent delivers a well aimed blow that catches the halfling in the nose causing it to start bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scar takes 3 non-lethal damage

Scar can give me two moves for next round since he wasn't in this one

I'm away from my books...someone get me a ruling on if sneak attack damage can be non-lethal
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-08-01 at 09:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spitting the blood from his mouth as he recovers his footing, Scar decides he's had enough of this. He dashes under the assailant's legs and delivers what looks like a blow to the kidney with his fist but is actually a punch with a dart concealed by his fist.

After the blow, Scar chided himself. Thinking it was only from pride in the recent victory over the orcs that he had stuck up for his new comrade in the first place, he considered thinking more carefully next time.

Spoiler
    Show

Tumble (1d20+4)[15]
    Sleight of hand(1d20+4)[22]
    Attack - melee (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage - Silent Night unconscious poison DC 13 - unconscious

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

As Damiaen continues to hold his opponent down, he begins to head butt him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed grapple check:(1d20+6)[13]
    if successful:(1d3+3)[4]

14. - Top - End - #134

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gwarlong stands over his opponent making sure he doesn't rise, while Damiaen lands a headbutt into the pinned drunks nose. Scar deftly conceals his dart which makes the drunk yelp when struck. He seems to wobble for a moment but rights himself and looks over to his other two companions. Seeing the fight not going too well he backs off with hands raised and moves to help up the downed leader of the rabble mumbling, "Stupid Boris..." The rest trails off into a quieter whisper.

The barkeep moves a little closer to make sure no harm comes to the downed man but says little as he purveys the damage to his wall and chairs.

15. - Top - End - #135

SwashbucklerGuy

"Bar keep, a few drinks here..."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

Stupid drunks. All I wanted to do was enjoy a nice dinner with my new companions. Stupid!!!

"Sorry about the chair keep."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Scar

Standing up straight, Scar feels his nose to assess the damage.
    "Really, after those schenanigans, a drink sounds just right!"

18. - Top - End - #138

WolfInSheepsClothing

The two bruised and bloodied drunks help their unconscious companion up and make their way to the side of the room to sulk. The barkeep heads over, waving to one of his waitresses to bring some drinks. He looks at the group and says, "I'm not one for much violence in my bar....but you seemed to handle in without causing too much damage, but you will be paying for my broken furniture. And I hope in the future you'll take these quarrels outside if you happen to find yourself in my establishment again, eh?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If there is anything you would like to say or do go ahead and if not I'll move us ahead a bit after this. Thanks for putting up with my slowness for this little bit, I should be back a a good pace in a week.

19. - Top - End - #139

WolfInSheepsClothing

After a few hours of continued drinking/eating and several furtive glances your way, the Captain walks into the bar and heads over to where the three of you are sitting. On his way he comments to the bar keep to have a round delivered to the table. As he approaches it is clear that he is in a sour mood he sits down with a grunt and doesn't talk untill the ale is delivered. He takes a long swig before looking to the group and saying, "Well this king seems content to sit with his thumb up his arse and wait to see how this whole "little war" thing turns out. Blast if I'm gonna see the smug look Joseph's face when we come back with nothing. And the suffering of his own people didn't mean anything."

The Captain took another swig of his ale and looked around the room noticing for the first time the glares coming their way. He looks back to the group and says, "So what happened here? Ya'll don't seem to have made any friends while I was gone."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry it was so long in coming. I didn't se any response to my last one but I just went back and checked and saw Blue's. I'll wait a few days and make sure everyone has seen this before I do anything. Call each other when you get this to let everyone know we are still on if ya'll want. Let me know
    Last edited by bchilders; 2008-09-02 at 04:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Scar gladly reaches for another ale and pipes up somewhat, not addressing anyone in particular. "Bloody king, ya know he thinks me kind belong in his realm, but 'es wrong. Did you really e'pect much help from him?" Glacing over his shoulder, he sneers at a gawker. "Them, they just think we're too good looking." Taking a quaff and settling himself, he add more solemnly, "My kind, we 'andle ourselves well 'gainst them brutes, but what I heard afore I left was the numbers reported by scouting sorties weren't like anything anyone had seen in generations. You have connections that will add to the army, don't ye Captain?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

Damiaen takes a swig of his new ale and mumbles under his breath as he looks at the people around him. "Stupid drunks." He looks back to the captain to await his orders.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Hey, Wilker is coming over Thursday to hang out. I will try and set him up then. He seems interested still.

22. - Top - End - #142

WolfInSheepsClothing

The captain listens as Scar replies and after another long drink from his mug and a look over to the bruised drunks glaring your way he says, "Tha's more to it than that I bet. No I din'nah expect much from this King, but I can't stand to be put off when I know he's just waitin' to say no."

After another pause for a drink the Captain looks back at Scar and says, "Yer folks aren't wrong. We've ne'er seen this numbers since before my time or anyone elses as far as I've heard."

After a moment the captain realizes a question was leveled towards him so he replies with a chuckle, "Connections here in Glassis. I'm from the other side o' tha borderlands, boy. Not much call for travelling this far from home. Do you think your people would lend their aid?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Scar tosses back another half pint, some of the frothy ale trickling down his face, his eyes brighter and more focused. "Captain, me people wud be more 'en grateful to assist. As a scout, I can tell you most resources not needed for guardin' and defense would be at yur command, 'lest of me tribe." Scar's mouth curved up in a leer, "If you called fur volunteers, you may be wadin' in wee folk from Peathoss & Kestryl Gorge up te yur beard!" he finished with a hoot. "You want me to take a message or will you be wantin' to deliver it yurself?"

24. - Top - End - #144

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Captain listens intently and replies grinning heartily, "Well I'm sure that's not wat tha were expectin', but the orders were to bring in some reinforcements. How far to your peoples lands?" The Captain takes another drink thinking of Major Joseph's reaction when he walks in behind a rag tag group of wee folk.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Damiaen

Damiaen laughs. "Well at least the Orcs will never see this one coming."