New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: FR: The Blind Arm of the Law [IC]

Rymian - Confused Halfling

Outraged and a bit confused by the attack on the person who had just saved him from a grisly death, Rymian places his hands on the hilts of his daggers. What exactly is going on here?!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the slick Bugbear avatar!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Rala

Feeling no need to add to the bluster, the clanking Rala simply unslings the bow from his back and nocks an arrow, pointing straight at the man who just tried to block the doorway.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Changing Durnan's colour to palegreen so it's easier to read.

"This woman..." he grunts out while shifting his weight, "Set up her cousin for murder tonight." He glance shifted slightly to those at the door and let the woman drop upon seeing the aggression. "I'd suggest that you drop those weapons in -my- Inn." He lowered his arm on Nanaeatha's neck and she collapsed to the ground.
    Last edited by Xerah; 2008-09-24 at 05:58 PM.
    Characters:
    Laurel Evenwood - Human Ranger of Ehlonna - The Red Hand of Doom

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ralafluen

The dwarf's voice is mild, but he shifts to be able to see both men at once. The arrow slips off the bowstring, and he puts his bow up - but not away.

Strange words from one who grabbed a woman without warning, Sir.

He glances at the angry half-elf woman, and speaks to her in the elven tongue.

Are you all right, Madam? You were attacked?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ben

Ben looks around the room at the two factions teetering on the brink of a fight. He steps forward between the innkeep and Rymian his hands empty one held towards each. "Hold on just a second. This woman set someone up for murder tonight? How? She wasn't there. She's been trapped in Skullport with us for days. We've only just escaped today. You must be mistaken"

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy (1d20+5)[14]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Arynn - half human

Arynn turns her glare to the dwarf, her fingers still curling and uncurling like she wants to rip somebody's eyes out. "No, I'm not allright! My cousin here, or should I say former cousin, and quite possibly her companion murdered a lord tonight, and put the blame on me! I was paraded down into the cells surrounded by guards, and thrown into a dirty cell like a common criminal! Now tell me, good sir dwarf, do you think I'll ever get a job at the castle again after that? The only reason I'm not floating upside down in the river with a knife in my back, or hanging from a noose right now, is because I escaped!" She turns her focus back to Nanaethea, bitter tears forming in the corners of her eyes. "Why, Nana? How could you do this? You've changed so much the last few months....what's happened to you? You're not the person I knew..."

7. - Top - End - #217

Astodac

The silent elf keeps his weapons sheathed, but pads softly around to be in a position to flank for his companions should the need arise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon

8. - Top - End - #218

Rymian - Halfling Rogue

I think you just missed what our timid friend just said here, miss. Naneatha has been trapped along with the rest of us in Skullport and was instrumental in our escape. Maybe if your burly friend would take his forearm off her throat she could explain.

Rymian’s investigator’s instincts begin to kick into overdrive as he considers the situation. Unless she can be in two places at one time it could not have been her. Besides, she risked her safety to insure we could escape as well, that does not sound like the actions of someone that would set their cousin up for a murder. In fact, if someone needed to impersonate Naneatha it would go a long way to explaining why she was in a slave-pit deep in Skullport, waiting to be killed in the arena.

Diplomacy: (1d20+9)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Arynn - doubting half elf

The half elf woman turns to the halfling, frowning. "I'm not taking anything at face value anymore."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ralafluen - beardless dwarf

Rala senses that, at the very least, things were less likely to escalate to bloodshed now, and slowly shifted his bow back over his shoulder.

Well, would you at least consider taking a glass of wine at face value? We've just, for all intents and purposes, climbed out of hell, and I don't think I can take much more of this without some fortification.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-09-29 at 12:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nanaeatha coughed a few times before pushing herself to her feet. She eyed up Durnan and slapped him in the face, "Wait until your wife hear about this. Mhaere will not be pleased..."

Durnan took a moment to look over the now standing Nanaeatha, then to the others. The gruff man almost looked a bit embarrassed before collecting himself. "I still ain't trust you either. We need to figure out for sure if you are who you say you are."
    Characters:
    Laurel Evenwood - Human Ranger of Ehlonna - The Red Hand of Doom

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Arynn - half torn

Arynn turns back to Nanaeatha again, now that she's standing. She doesn't speak, not trusting her voice anymore, but she's obviously still waiting for an answer, an explanation, an attack, anything.

13. - Top - End - #223

Rymian – Strident

Listen, unless this is part of some kind of labyrinthine plot that involves the ability to be in two places at once. This cannot be the woman that betrayed you tonight. She was with us in a slave pit in Skullport.

There is an easy way to check her story. Send someone to see if the person that betrayed you is still moving about the city. If she is, we know that we have an imposter on our hands and judging by the fact that you all seem surprised that Nanaeatha would betray you and that we believe Nanaeatha saved us. I think we can conclude that is there is an imposter, it is the one that betrayed you.
    Last edited by Truwar; 2008-10-06 at 05:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ralafluen - fixated on enlightened self interest

The dwarf nodded.

Excellent. And in the meantime, by way of apologizing for jumping to conclusions, you should treat this woman and her companions to a meal and a night's rest in your inn.

He nods again, then grins.

What? We just escaped from a pit in Skullport! What makes you think I have the money for a meal? I'm willing to work it off in trade.