New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dethy II

1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dethy II

I'll keep it short because I've already pointed out why Yspoch is mafia. All depends on painintheear getting out of his hiatus and easyname getting around to seeing this thread and confirming that he indeed scried me as mafia or painintheear as paranoid.

Still, allow me to quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Yspoch
    Why should I? That's even more crazy talk from you. I scried Shadowcaller as insane and easyname scried me as insane.
    You scried SC as insane.
    Think about that claim for a moment.

• You can not be the cop because SC was paranoid and you would've scried him as such then.
    • You can not be paranoid, because SC was paranoid.
    • You can't be insane, because SC was paranoid and you would've scried him as naive then.
    • You can't be naive, because (assuming that I'm mafia) then easyname would have to be either insane or the cop. He'd have scried you respectively as paranoid and naive then. Then why did he get an 'insane' result then? Simple: he's insane himself and scried the mafia member.

That only leaves one possibility, now doesn't it?
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Freshmeat and Yspoch were starting to yell at each other not noticing easyname slip away until one of you went to ask him for a second opinion.

When you found out that he wasn't their you went on a quest to find him neither one trusting the other. You then bursted into the room and saw Painintheer unmoving while Easyname carried a steak knife. The new entrants gasped in horror, until Pain snored and you saw Easyname's steak.

Day Begins
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-05-23 at 09:55 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

*points at Yspoch, for all the reasons stated above*
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

I scried ear, he was paranoid.

We know he's naive.

Therefore, I am insane.

Yspoch, you are the mafia player.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah, I'm found out. No sense in "make-believe" anymore. Cops win.

It was kinda hard for me with three people scrying me on day one, altough I could have been a bit harder to hunt down if I had invested more time. I pretty much beat myself (yes, Freshmeat_ helped too, i guess... )

But we will have to discuss game paramaters, if the cops were really allowed to scry during the night. I think it would spell serious game imbalance (altough i wouldn't have changed the outcome of this particular game).

6. - Top - End - #36

Do you mean that cops shouldn't be told their scry result until the night is over? Because then I agree. It denies the mafia the ability to silence someone before he can pass vital information along.

Or did you mean that the cops shouldn't be able to scry at night at all? That might actually be an interesting change: if the cops only had their initial scry to work with and needed to determine the mafia through that. It would obviously be a pretty big advantage to the mafia, but it might be worth to try it just once and see how it works out.
    Probably best to run the 'don't tell cops their scry results before the night is over' scenario first though.

Good game everyone. I liked Demonking's last narration too (the one with the steak knife ).
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The argument between Freshmeat and Yspoch continued to get heated until Easyname pointed his gun at Yspoch's back. "You're under arrest you no good stinking frenchie."
    Yspoch looked down. "Fair cop, gov'ner but I'm not french and I thought we were china plates"
    As Freshmeat put the handcuffs on Yspoch and turned to leave. Easyname unloaded a box of lead on the sleeping body of Pain.

Cops Won
    Yspoch: Mafia
    Freshmeat: Cop
    Easyname: Insane cop
    Painintheear: Naive cop
    Shadowcaller: Paranoid cop

So, wait till the end of the night for results.

What are your thoughts on semi-paranoia reveal?

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    What are your thoughts on semi-paranoia reveal?
    You mean: don't reveal roles when people die, or...?

Also: a quick shout-out to Shadowcaller here for helping us get someone lynched on the first day (even if it was himself).

Hopefully everyone will be more active next game. Painintheear never showing up was quite annoying. Had a few different people been scried, one missing link would've left a pretty wide gap when it came down to filling out the blanks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I mean only reveal whether they're a cop or the bad guy.

10. - Top - End - #40

That might work, yes. Worth checking out.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes, revealing only cop/mafia would be good, I think.

Still, if cops can scry three times (day, night, day) it's a bit hard for the mafia, isn't it?

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Yspoch View Post
    Yes, revealing only cop/mafia would be good, I think.

Still, if cops can scry three times (day, night, day) it's a bit hard for the mafia, isn't it?
    Cops can't scry during the day. They just get one scry at the beginning of the game. At most, they can get two scry results. I'm pretty sure that this will always suffice to find the mafia player though, unless the cops get really confused.
    Not revealing player roles should be a good change. It'd definitely make things a lot harder for the cops. This will increase the cops' reliance on everyone showing up, but more often than not, that shouldn't be that hard too manage with only 5 people.

Alternatively, just giving the cops only one scry to last them all game could work as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy