New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Darkhallow Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by mockingbyrd7 View Post
    How did this get onto the second page, behind comics that have been dead for months?
    Probably because he said "new update by this weekend" on July 25th, over a week ago.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damn, caught in a lie...

Sorry I haven't been updating. Kinda took a vacation from drawing because I've been busy with some personal issues, mostly money and family. Those two things never mix well. My computer crashed too. I had back-ups, but it still set me back a few days. I got about 85% complete with the next update when all this crap hit. I had to reinstall Photoshop and my tablet and... etc. Anyways, I just need to get 2 more panels and the text done, and we'll be rolling again, hopefully.

I also got Halo for my PC and discovered Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog this past weekend, so... yeah... that took up a bit of my time... about 80 hours...
    Last edited by BooTheHamster; 2008-08-05 at 11:07 PM.
    "Quiet tales of hamsters are foolish, but a man and his hamster that tear evil limb from limb? That's scary!" - Minsc

My DeviantArt: http://jlechuga.deviantart.com/
    If you like my work, feel free to watch me, favorite, tell your friends, or make a request. It might take me some time, but I'll take a crack at just about anything thrown my way.

If you'd like to use any of my pictures, just a link back to my DA page will work for credit. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    The Master? It's a cool name and all, but either ripped off or cliche by now.
    Well, technically it's The the master, but whatever.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Very nice. I especially liked #13 and #16, respectively for the drawing of the soldiers and that of the tower. Somehow the images set a pretty good mood.

Anyways, the storyline so far isn't too compelling yet, but you've only had about 20 pages to weave it so that's pretty normal at this stage. I'm looking forward to more of this.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

#23: Ref Says That Was A Fowl
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, my unofficial hiatus is over. Regular updates should resume. I'll try to get another one up this week to make up for lost time.

Enjoy.
    "Quiet tales of hamsters are foolish, but a man and his hamster that tear evil limb from limb? That's scary!" - Minsc

If you like my work, feel free to watch me, favorite, tell your friends, or make a request. It might take me some time, but I'll take a crack at just about anything thrown my way.

If you'd like to use any of my pictures, just a link back to my DA page will work for credit. Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

*chuckles*
    Yay! 'Tis back!
    Woohoo!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

This isn't an "official" update per se and there's no new comic, but I did want to mention that the first 4 comics have been "digitally remastered"!!! Sort of. I was really unhappy with the first one so I've gone back and changed it to match the art it Chapter 1 a bit better. Comic 4 has also been changed so that the speech balloons are the same as in subsequent comics. Comic 3 also had a big black dot in there from a brush mishap, so that has been cleared up. Anyways, that's it... You can see the new versions on the first page of this thread.

New update by this weekend. I just started school again, so I'm doing my best to get it up ASAP. I'm still updating once a week, though, so nobody start rioting. Well, maybe a little...

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

#24: Storytime...
    Spoiler
    Show

Update.

Unlike George Washington, I can tell a lie... BUT, I have good reason. I have 2 jobs now, along with school crap. Now, that SHOULD be what's keeping me too busy to update, but in reality, I've been on Xbox Live day and night for about a week now. Halo 3 is addictive. Anyways, I'm working on returning to my regular updates by next week, and may even have one for tomorrow. I just need to get myself sorted out a bit first.

Oh, and I'm on the second page? Really guys?

Have a good one.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know why i've ignored this thread for so long. Consider me a fan, Boo.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2008-09-06 at 08:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

#25: Son, Can You Play Me a Memory...
    Spoiler
    Show

Ok, here's the other update I promised. And we finally get to see the great Argon Cortane, even if only in civilian garb. Enjoy.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

#26: Miss Carriage. Wait, what?
    Spoiler
    Show

For those who may have thought this comic was dead, I have only one thing to say: you wish. Seriously, though, I've just been really busy with school and work. Luckily(?), I got fired this past week, so I have plenty of time to get back to making the comic.

Anyhow, enjoy.

Comments encouraged. I went to page 3 on here...
    Last edited by BooTheHamster; 2008-10-14 at 06:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

#27: Coaching for the Stage
    Spoiler
    Show

New comic is now up. I apologize for the title, it is the best pun I could come up with for stagecoach. It's sad, I know.

Anyway, I certainly hope you'll read the comic in spite of that.

Enjoy.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Good to see it back, I was on the way of thinking it sunk to the languishing depths of the latter forum pages.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

#28: You Want Some Aloe Vera For That Burn?
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a little late, but at least I finished it. This technically counts as Sunday night.

I don't want to set a regular schedule, since my own schedule is really hectic, but expect one or two comics a week. Hopefully I can stick to it this time.

Anyhow, enjoy.
    Last edited by BooTheHamster; 2008-10-27 at 12:58 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

#29: There Will Be Blood
    Spoiler
    Show

Hooray for once a week. What's going to happen, I wonder...

So, I was considering taking this comic to its own site, and working on it more seriously by actually sticking to a schedule of 2-3 a week, since I'm down to 3 hours per page. I'd have to figure out all the logistics first. Thoughts?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BooTheHamster View Post
    So, I was considering taking this comic to its own site, and working on it more seriously by actually sticking to a schedule of 2-3 a week, since I'm down to 3 hours per page. I'd have to figure out all the logistics first. Thoughts?
    You've got a heck of a lot of work to do with a website.

You can trust me on that

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    You've got a heck of a lot of work to do with a website.

You can trust me on that
    Yeah, which is why I'm still considering. I'd have to figure out a lot of stuff, first of which is getting a server, and coding the website. But, I would like the comic to start taking off a bit more than it currently is, since I'm seriously slacking. Plus, I have a couple of other projects I want to work on.