New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Team Kurina: The Hunt for the Red Shinobi!

Kyoshin is torn between staying and going, but finally says, "I'll get a nurse. Be right back."

The big genin steps outside the room and finds a nurse. "Excuse... excuse me, nurse-sama? Makatsui Anni-san is no longer in a coma. My teammate thinks someone should check in on her every so often. Also, could you, er, point me out to a doctor? I have some questions."

Kyoshin's eyes shift back to the room, and he nervously shifts his feet.

"I, um, don't mean to be rude, but it... it is rather urgent."
    Last edited by Gengy; 2008-06-09 at 08:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

"Well, we got plenty of time for stories." *She nods to Kyoshin as he goes. She doesn't really want to stand around to long here. There are still the bodies she'd like to get a look at. But she doubts she'll get much more then what she's just now learned.* "So, ever hear or read about a shinobi with blood red eyes?"
    Procrastination will one day get its due as an art form. I plan to be it's Michelangelo. - Millie

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Kyoshin

He easily finds a nurse who is doing rounds around the floor and checking on patients. Moments after Kyoshin explains the situation to her, she's left to find a doctor.

Ikuyo

"It's not a nice story, and I don't like to tell it. Suffice to say, Anni didn't like me too much afterwards but her sister did. Thats why she went to Haigakure.." Ikuyo trails off, but he never once looks toward Anni. "I guess she still blamed me for that. Ah well.. Life's life and all."

When Natsumi mentions red-eye'd shinobi, Ikuyo gives her a puzzled look. "Well, theres the Mibu Clan of Kirigakure. Red-eye'd demons who hate all other living things. Then theres the Uchiha Clan here in Konohagakure. 'Course, the clan exiles anyone who proves a threaten to other clan-members so they don't have another Uchiha Itachi incident."

4. - Top - End - #64

Natsumi gives a helpless shrug. "Stabbing the victums so thuroughly reeks of 'hatred of all other living things.' to me." She casually itches at her jaw line. "But couldn't some Uchiha Clan do Genjutsu with just a look? The eyes were blood red, I don't think they were red and black, but it was hard to tell."
    Last edited by AlienRat; 2008-06-10 at 09:05 PM.
    Procrastination will one day get its due as an art form. I plan to be it's Michelangelo. - Millie

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Ikuyo

"Nah, the stabbing thing is a thing of speed. A way to demoralize the enemy by proving you can kill an entire team before they have a chance of escaping. High-level jounin-type stuff.. But I guess it'd be a chuunin-type thing for Hai-shinobi."

Ikuyo sighs, and then shrugs. "Told you guys this case was hopeless.. I guess you should just go on home or something."

6. - Top - End - #66

Natsumi raises an eyebrow at the hopeless comment. "Hopeless? What do you want? the killer to just suddenly appear fully restrained? I try really hard to leave all the biting remarks to Shunrai, she's so good at it. But really." She points with a hand at Anni. "Behold! Hope! A freakin clue. I got a glimse of what she saw before the end. A dark haired skinney man with blood red eyes. When she wakes up she can tell us more if she knows more. But at the very least she can tell us where."

Natsumi sighs and rubs the back of her neck as she looks up at the ceilling. "I would love to go back home. But my mission involves finding Kurina-sensei. Your captain said he'd give us some information that should help us find her all the more easily. But we have to help solve this case first." Her head levels out back to looking at Ikuyo. Her brown eyes fixing on him. "Even if that wasn't the case I'd still probably help out with this." She shrugs. "Not that I'm a huge fan of mysterys or anything."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

It's always been a bit awkward being this big. Things are not designed for your height, your girth. Each chair you sit on, you have to test to makes sure it won't collapse on you, causing embarrassment and anger from the chair's owners. And you are always easy to spot.

Never before had Kyoshin felt so much like he were sticking out like a sore thumb than now, as he waited in the hallway, his eyes constantly shifting back and forth from hall side to hall side, and always settling on the door of the room where his two teammates stood... with an injured woman who, once she woke up, would tell them about the killer...

...the one who stood in the same room, and was making nice, was acting confused, and was trying to delay anything and everything.

I know what I heard. But why would he do it?

Cautiously, Kyoshin waves over another nurse. Quielty, he leans down and says as respectfully as possible, "Sorry, sorry, I don't mean to... um... don't mean to interrupt your work, but someone needs to go see the chief of police. Now that Makatsui Anni-san is awake, she will need guards. Could one of the staff rush over? And I... I really do mean rush. It might, no, it is important."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

8. - Top - End - #68

"I don't see how it shows speed at all, judging from the survivor being incapacitated by a genjutsu, the killer could have taken all day doing the job and they wouldn't have escaped. Considering he went to such lengths in the killing beyond what was needed to kill them. Also since the survivor is more likely because he was interrupted before finishing than that he didn't want to kill her, considering she'd have died in the state she was left in and that the killer wouldn't want to leave a survivor to possibly provide extra evidence against him." She sighs and brushes her hair out of her face as few times as the wind constantly blows it back "Seems to me that speed is the last thing the killer was demonstrating. If you wanted to show impressive speed in killing ninjas you'd deliver a single instantly fatal wound to each of them. This sort of calmly patiently executed, disabling, moving, and needless mutilation gives off a much different message. Something more like, I can kill your people whenever I want and take my time about it while you're helpless to stop me, or some crap like that." She shrugs and gives up watching the patient and heads towards the door "I'd say it's probably a male and not a very brave one at that, but certainly a talented ninja if you excuse the sloppy execution. I think maybe we should question the Chief again, find out why he didn't want this case solved"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Ikuyo

"There are three notable problems with your assessment, Genin. First, if he interrupted then what was stopping him from adding a fourth, fifth, or sixth body to our morgue? The idea of being interrupted falls flat if the ninja is half as adept as either of us claim. Next, what evidence would she be able to provide given that she either saw her companions die in front of her or saw nothing as she was rendered unconscious first. Either way, her memory of the event would be distorted. Third, if he was demonstrating that he could take his time, then why did neither of the corpses we have now try anything? A technique powerful enough to put someone in a coma wouldn't be able to affect multiple people, unless the user was as powerful as one of the long-dead Sannin. No, they'd have to be killed at the same time or one of them would have been able to react."

Ikuyo finally remarks on Natsumi's clue. "So you know that it was a dark-haired, skinny, male with red eyes. So do you want to round up the whole Uchiha clan or shall we see how many Mibu are in the area?" The older man just sighs, then shakes his head. "I guess if you want to get some guards or something, then be my guest. I'll just stay here and take her statement when she awakens."
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-06-12 at 01:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (1d20+6)[19](25)
    ooc: Myth weavers came back up. I only have a +5 not a +6. So take one off of that roll.

Natsumi listens carefully as Ikuyo talks, watching his body language as well. After his rant she frowns a bit as several thoughts occur to her. One, this either is not a police detective, or he's a very frustrated police officer. Two, an idea hits her about what her chakra sense told her. She takes a deep breath and exhales through her nose slowly, regaining her focus, and reactivating the sight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Sense Chakra.

A puppet? Chakra build up on the eyes so the controller can see, the hands for arm movement, the back for control? Her thoughts race around in her head. She makes her was casually over to Ikuyo, her eyes looking him over again, then looking for chakra strings. She disguises her movement as heading over to the window of the room, if there is no window she'll just be changing sides of the bed to examine Anni.

Three, the "genin" comment. A personal pet peeve to use rank as some form of semi-veiled insult. "I believe, Ikuyo-sama, we've stated before the possibility of there being more then one attacker. Which seems to be the rounded square peg that may fit in both the round and square holes." She nods toward Anni. The idea of puppet use also seems to be a rounded square peg. "Again, something she may have seen, or heard."

Another deep breath, let out slowly. "Guards seem like a wise idea. However we'll still need you to show us where the bodies are. You said we'd have a look at them after visiting our former coma patient. She isn't going any where and a nurse can let us know when she's awake." Her gaze lifts up to looks over at Shunrai near the door. "Could either you, or Kyoshin if you see him, ask someone to let the police chief know we could use some guards here please Shunrai-san?"
    Last edited by AlienRat; 2008-06-12 at 02:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyoshin paced back and forth, nervous. What was taking the doctor so long?
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Ikuyo

"The possibility of multiple attackers is there, but highly improbable. A jounin-level ninja operate independently to ensure that their capture or death does not jeopardize any other individuals operating on the same mission."

Ikuyo frowns when Natsumi mentions the dead. "That would have been true, before you woke up my only witness. I have to be here to get her statement as soon as she's capable of speaking. Otherwise we risk contamination of facts through retrospective memory degradation."

13. - Top - End - #73

Shunrai looks at Ikuyo before replying to Natsumi "Sure it's a good idea to leave you here alone? Also, think we can trust the chief or whoever he sends?" She certainly doesn't trust any of them at all

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Doctor

A doctor arrives and introduces himself as Kei-san to Kyoshin, then immediately heads into the room and checks up on the patient. After about two or three minutes, Kei-san turns addresses the room at large. "It seems that Anni-san is in a normal sleep cycle. It's my hypothesis that she was incapable of truly restful sleep during her coma, and as such is very exhausted. I'm going to have to ask you to wait in a family waiting room rather than continuing to bother her."

15. - Top - End - #75

Natsumi shrugs at Shunrai. "You could not go and I guess I'll just think really really hard at Kyoshin and see if that works to get him to ask for guards. There is always a chance either he or I are psychic." She looks over to the docter as he examines Anni.

Great. Shunrai's paranoia must be spreading. Can't trust the chief. Can't trust Ikuyo. Can't trust doctors. With a sigh she makes her way to the door. "Not saying that I know the answer Shunrai. But if we can't trust anyone, who can we trust? I could be the red eyed killer. Kyoshin could be Leematsu."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyoshin raises his hand to the doctor as the man turns and walks into the room.

He... he... he blew me off? I wanted to ask him some things... The large genin shakes his head to clear it, and sighing, enters the room again with a half hearted smile for his teammates.

Not knowing what transpired while he was gone, Kyoshin watches Ikuyo watching the doctor, and watches the doctor with his patient.

"I volunteer to stand guard for Anni-san till more guards show up. Kurina-sensei would probably want that. Plus, I... I have some questions for Kei-san."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

17. - Top - End - #77

"Well so far you and Kyoshin have been acting like yourselves, so I'm willing to trust you. I'd say no for trusting everyone else in this village." She waits for Ikuyo to leave the room before she does. She doesn't want him at her back or ending up alone with the girl.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Ikuyo

"I have to stay here to get her statement, so I may as well pull double duty. Kei-san can show you to the morgue, when he's finished."

Doctor

After thoroughly examining his patient, the doctor finally begins to question why theres a group of shinobi in the room. "So.. Who are you all, anyway?"

19. - Top - End - #79

She sighs. So instead of getting headaches from dealing with not understanding Sayuri, she gets them because she doesn't know what to do. She glances at Sunrai, then Kyoshin. Is it bad when you miss matasu trying to kill you? "I'm Nakamura, Kei-san." She nods toward Shunrai. "We're helping Ikuyo-san with his case. When you have time, could you show me to where.. Her.. The rest of her team lay?" She doesn't trust Ikuyo. But she's got no grounds to argue with him on him guarding her.

But she doesn't have to leave Ikuyo alone with Anni. Her eyes look to Kyoshin and Shunrai. "Perhaps you two could help guard her? Outside, ofcourse, so she can get her rest. I'm pretty sure only one of us will be of any good with the bodies." As much as she liked her sensei Kurina and doesn't know Anni from the Haikage. She still feels alittle colder then normal using Anni to test Ikuyo.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyoshin sighs once again, his questions forgotten for the moment. "If you think you'll be all right by yourself, I'll be fine here."
    Last edited by Gengy; 2008-06-27 at 11:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Kei-san

The young doctor just smiles and nods at Natsumi. Eventually he takes the young girl downstairs and even underground to get to the cold morgue. Six steel slabs lay all asunder amid the room's center. Each slab lay bare sans the last two, which were decorated with the half-naked bodies of two young men. Both men are vaguely reminiscent from the vision or dream that Natsumi had earlier, but neither has a name that immediately jumps to mind. Kei-san guides the little shinobi over to their bodies--covered only from the waist down by a thin sheet--and gestures to the dark-haired boy first. "Uchiha Kala, age 17, chuunin."

He then directs his finger and gaze toward the blond-haired man. "Hyuuga Jalin, age 32, jounin. Both men were killed almost instantly by multiple lacerations to six key arteries. Neither man seems to have a trace of adrenaline in their systems, which imples that neither man had a chance to react to his attacker. What do you think, little Nurse-chan?"

Ikuyo

The older ninja moves over to Anni's bedside. He rests his right hand on that woman's shapely shoulder. He's very quiet and withdrawn, much more so than you had ever seen him during the entire hour and a half you'd gotten to know the unfortunate police-nin. His right hand softly brushes her cheeks while his eyes seem fixated on hers. A soft, almost inaudible whisper escapes his lips. "I'm so sorry this had to happen to you."

22. - Top - End - #82

Natsumi looks over at Kei-san and raises a green brow. Chan already and not even past sur-names. She prays this doesn't become a Buki flash back. "I think someone asked three genin to play nin-detective. and I think I'm far out of my field." She sighs and walks slowly around the bodies, examining them. There's always hope for a fresh set of eyes. She just hopes her teammates remember the personal communicators Tenmai gave them incase something bad happens.

"Are you sure all of the wounds occurred at the same time? Do you know if they were from all of the same form of weapon?" Well, this worked last time she tried it. She closes her eyes for a few seconds focusing her mind. Then opens them. Looking the to lifeless bodies over with her chakra sight.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Kei-san

"Well.. All the wounds were created with a small bladed object. Whether this was a kunai or small sword is entirely beyond our methods of finding out. Whether they happened at the same time or not is impossible for us to know, but I can tell you that none of the wounds were made post-mortem."

Ikuyo

The police-nin turns toward Shunrai, then motions toward the door with an off-hand. "Can you close that door for me? I don't want anyone else hearing what I have to tell you."

24. - Top - End - #84

Shunrai nods to Ikuyo and closes the door, and the wind instantly picks up in the room as she readies to defend herself. She quite obviously really really doesn't trust this guy.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Ikuyo

"You can stop that now, Shunrai. If I was going to kill you, I'd have dumped you in an alleyway somewhere and gone back to my job. No, I think the police chief suspects I'm not who I say I am, therefore pinned you kids on me to see what I would do under pressure. If I just killed you, then he'd know that I was dangerous and would have me killed in turn.." The older ninja just reaches up to his neck and pushes his fingers into his skin. A small spout of blood spurts out, but leaves no stain on the immaculate bed behind him. You both get a feeling that his face is fake, and the illusion is quickly dispelled..

Ikuyo Rukksu - Kuro Kyusuki

The man pulls off the fake face to reveal the backside as a wooden mask. His face is instantly recognizable to Kyoshin as the man they'd been chasing since early morning. His eyes are open this time, and both crystal-blue orbs fall on Kyoshin. "You've gotten bigger, haven't you?" Kuro shakes the mask, and it becomes the same yellow fox mask that he wore on the day of the triathlon. In a flash, he's remasked and turned his back to you. "I didn't get much of a chance to look around for Kurina-chan. It was probably because that damn chief suspected me and gave me this case. It wasn't so bad though, since I could still goof off and get my real job done, but then you three came along and forced me to stop looking for Kurina so we could work on this dead-end case."

26. - Top - End - #86

Shunrai barely represses a scream "Well maybe if you didn't want people coming after you and getting in the way of your search, you shouldn't have given Tenmai a reason to send someone."

27. - Top - End - #87

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: I realize I may be asking too much. Don't worry Zero I don't expect you to go all CSI on me. Plus, given the technology level of the game I don't think it's possible. So if there is a logical reason just have him tell Natsumi that and I'll have her accept it. But the next line of questions she'd say might be making things to complex.

One eye winces as she looks at one of the bodies, then her face relaxes and she looks back at Kei. "How do you know that? I can see how if the body is cold, or an hour old you could tell." Maybe there's an autopsy technique and Tenmai just didn't want to see Sayuri spew. For the most part Natsumi is her usual chilly self around the two dead bodies. The only unnerving thing to her about them is their state of near undress.

"So, no adrenaline at all? Or just not enough for fight or flight? Is there a poison that could do that?" She rubs the back of her neck and sighs. "Well, of course there's probably a poison that can do that. But one that's possible to be employed here."
    Last edited by AlienRat; 2008-07-04 at 03:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Kei-san

The doctor looks at Natsumi as if she were a martian, but quickly recovers from his confusion and replaces it with the softer tone of a teacher. "Well, it's very simple to distill adrenaline, which is used quite often in soldier pills. So a test of their blood determined no adrenaline in their systems, which is odd as your blood stream usually carries trace amounts of adrenaline. As for a poison.. It's highly unlikely, but I did test for several poisons and none of them showed up."

Kuro

"Oh.. So she didn't tell you anything before sending you off, huh? That makes sense, I guess. I didn't find out when I was a genin either, but I guess I could fill you in. Not now though, since Nakamura-chan is off doing who-knows-what with that doctor. I want you two to go get Natsumi and bring her back here so I can explain why you're here. I'll.. stay here." Kuro reaches up and brushes a few stray hairs from the sleeping woman's face. You can note from his reflection in the window that his face is much softer than you've ever seen.

29. - Top - End - #89

She nods along with the doctors explaination. "The fact they had no adrenaline in their system was in your report to the police right?" She looks at the two bodies for a few seconds. Yep, seeming like more and more of a dead end. This wasn't a sudden dead end though, it just didn't have any answers. "A genjutsu was used against one member of the their team.. Do you know if there is a technique that could remove someone's adrenaline?" Times like this she really hates being a genin. One hand clenches into a fist for a few seconds. This is why they're supposed to have a teacher.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Go, Shunrai-san. I'll stay with Kyusuki... sensei." The large genin, usually so formal, almost doesn't add the honorific. Were Shunrai to look, she'd see an unusual expression on the typically easy going Kyoshin's face.

Anger.

And though his smile looks dopey, and makes you almost forget how big Kyoshin really is... Anger suits him even less, but reminds people all the more.

"Yes, sensei, I HAVE gotten bigger. Now, if you'll do me the favor of moving away from Anni-san, please." Kyoshin flexes his shoulder muscles, and the ground ten feet away from either arm seems to crack, then suddenly give way, as though something were landing on those two spots. Hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 6 Chakra and using Kami-hekia no Gorira (Koyamazura Hijutsu)
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself