New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Team Kuro: Flight to the Land of Sound!

Sayuri

“Shimura-san try quieting down a little.” A small step to the side gave her personal space back. The speed she darted across the grass should make him believe exactly what he wanted to.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it would be fair to give you a chance to react too in case you were planning something similar. Like getting close enough to start a grapple because you know Sayuri is very little and not as strong as you are.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Shin stops, adroitly, hands seemingly at rest but obliviously tensed for combat and cool eyes resting on Sayuri's. "So you agree, then? You'll come and find Kuro-sama with me, before you..." The perfect shinobi seems at a loss for words, even though he understands exactly what Sayuri is doing. Because there are some things you don't speak about. Through the sympathy and care in his tone, a real thread of fear and hope lurks. Shin lets the edge of a smile curl up onto his too-still features. "One last time?"

Spoiler
    Show
    No, no. After all, 'only a fool uses a hammer when a pin will do' - Kamayuchi, the seventh great warrior sage. This Shin still thinks that sweet reason will convince Sayuri-hime - ha! Hahahahahahahaha! That poor, helpless fool! AHAHAHA AHAHAHAA AHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

“You’ll find Kuro-sama in Konohagakure.” She resumed her trek across the waters of the valley of the end.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Miya

Eyes widened, just barely when she saw just what it was that Sayuri had done. Just...what was she supposed to do? Was Sayuri really going to set that off on the guy and should she do something in either case? Obviously the two knew each other to some degree and knew what they were talking about...but slapping an exploding tag on someone was still heavy business. Trying, and not too skillfully, to shuffle up besides the boy unrobustly, Miya slipped one slender hand into his pocket and yanks out the exploding tag.

Rather then risk holding unto it the Uchiha crumples it up and tosses it towards the edge of the First Hokage's statue to send it down to the bottom of the Valley. Once then...well things became complicated. Follow Sayuri, and discover why there was an Uchiha in Oto-land or discover who the one they were searching for was...and maybe go back home. In the end she turned a hard eye to Shin.

"I want to know what's going on here. Your talking about some guy and my village here, I think I deserve this much."

Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained Sleight of Hand. (1d20+1)[13]
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2008-06-12 at 08:00 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

A faint prickling sensation. And Shin is gone. Stepping to the side a few steps away, his shinobi eyes narrowed, Shin is turned so both Miya and Sayuri are in view. He raises an eyebrow in Miya's direction, and his hand hand slides delicately into the pocket her fingers were just caressing. Removing the tag, he raises an eyebrow at Miya, tearing it in half down it's length, and dropping the two pieces into his shinobi-pouch. "Deserve, Miya-san?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sleight of Hand 13 does not beat DC 20. Therefore, object is not palmed. Shin still has to roll to notice. (1d20+6)[10](16)

So, Shin notices. Is there any visible different between Haigakure explosive tags and Konohagakure explosive tags?
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2008-06-15 at 05:24 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Still looking at Miya, Shin casually sticks his hands in his pockets. "Perhaps you'd care to explain why a Haigakure explosive note was in the pocket you were reaching surreptitiously for?"
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2008-06-15 at 06:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Miya

"That's not the way this goes Shin. I'll tell you why an exploding note was in your pocket once I know why I was dragged all the way out to the Otogakure border and who this Kuro guy is. Then I'll tell you." The Konohagakure girl said firmly. Finally there was a bargaining chip to use and she would be damned if she gave it up without getting some very much needed information in return.

But if he still suspected that she'd been the one to do it, and more importantly acted like Sayuri seemed prone to do with her 'friends' then she might just end up having a shuriken been thrown back at her. The Sharingan would help with that but she'd rather avoid violence all the same. For now anyway...from the looks of it she'd be heading across the Valley once she figured out how to.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Shin turns after Miya's outburst, eyes calmly recording it, and calls out to Sayuri's back. "Or perhaps I should be asking you, Sayuri-san, of the clever fingers?" Shifting his glance back to Miya, Shin lets a little more blankness leak into his expression, now resembling a slowly crumbling dam. "Oh, that's simple. We were sent on a mission by our village to find and retrieve our team leader, Kyusuki Kuro-sama, who left hospital to chase after another genin team leader, Makatsui Kurina-san, who disappeared from the village after we fought off a rogue haigakure chuunin, by the name of Kanamaru Matasu. As for why Sayuri wants to go to Otogakure... I guess you would be better asking her." His expression a mixture of blankness and false calm, standing there, for all the world at his very ease except for the faint blur of irritation and urge to be moving written large across his whole thin frame.
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2008-06-23 at 03:45 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Miya

"I have a, slightly, better idea. Why don't we ask the Oto-nin that are here if anybody else has passed this way or not? They must be a border patrol if they were just waiting here so as long as we don't progress too far into Otogakure territory we should be fine."

It...well...seemed like a reasonable suggestion to try and follow but there was a strained look on her face. Why wouldn't there be? She was talking about trying to approach foreign ninja to talk. So, after taking a nice deep breath to calm her jangled nerves, the Konohagakure nin steps off of the statue and walks down off it until she is officially in Oto lands. At all times she keeps her eyes wide open and looking around for attack but she also keeps her hands up in the air in visible sight the entire time.

No point in giving them an excuse to attack her after all...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready an action to shunshin backwards if attacked

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You are currently standing on one bank of a large chasm, which is filled by a river and a waterfall. On either side of the chasm are huge statues of the... First and Third? Of Konohagakure? Or is it First and Second? Geh. Anyway. Not really walking territory. I'm going to assume you walked out onto the furthest point (stone head of the First) with both arms up, indicating willingness to talk to the Oto-nin who now know they've been spotted on the other side of the chasm.

Shimura Shin

"Oto-nin...." Shin.... twitches. A couple of times, like a nervous tic, something flashing across his face far too fast to be recognized. He turns and coolly regards Miya. "Miya-san. If there are more than 30, that indicates more than a patrol. A 4 man patrol is usually considered sufficient, or at most three squads of four shinobi each on a patrol. For there to be 30 that you can see.... and possibly more in other places along the border indicates either a fear of invasion from Konoha, some kind of major event, or an invasion. As such... I doubt they would willingly speak to someone so prominently displaying a Konoha headband. Although they have doubtless spotted us, it may not be too wise to place yourself in such a visible location." He gives her a short bow. "Now if you will excuse me for a moment." Focussing for a moment over a chakra-focussing hand gesture, Shin turns and steps past his own shadow as it falls across him, seemingly disappearing as the line of it falls past his body, and stepping out from a tree's shadow behind the slowly disappearing Sayuri as she walks down the riverbank towards a safer crossing point.

"Sayuri-san." Shin's voice trembles for a second, wavering, before he regains complete icy control of it. "Are you really going to join the Village of Sound?" That is all there is to the question, nothing remains unsaid, no censure or secret words. He sounds oddly vulnerable as he speaks, despite the perfect forming of each syllable and the cadence between each, someone who has realized the silence is equally important to the sound.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Oto-nin

In a flash, two ninja--one female and one male--appear before Miya in a blur of movement. Both are wearing a heavy metal gauntlet on their left forearm, which is peppered with strange holes. The female of the group--a young woman wearing a gray tunic, matching shorts, and sporting the Otogakure headband across her forehead--is the first to step forward and speak. "And what, pray tell, is an Ash-nin, a Leaf-nin, and a Missing-nin doing in the Land of Sound?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Eyes focus on the oto-symbol.

(1d20+9)[12](21)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

“If you think like a Shinobi you won’t have so many problems.” She was in the middle of connecting her Chakra strings around a good spot.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to assume that Shin and Sayuri are out of earshot/easy talking distance from Miya?

Shimura Shin

Ever so softly, Shin let a hand fall on Sayuri's shoulder. His eyes hard, his face harder. "If I think like a Shinobi... then I should already have tried to stop you, and take you back to Haigakure, or on to Konoha." His tone is soft, yet filled with emotion. "I doubt you received permission to go." Although that last might be taken for sarcasm, there is very little room for merriment in Shin's voice. None at all, in fact. "That I haven't... is because you are my teammate." Shin quivers, some kind of struggle going on. "Please, Sayuri, just tell me. Are you going to...defect... to Otogakure or...?" That hopeful silence seems not very hopeful, but Shin, whatever his thoughts on the matter, is poised like an arrow about to be shot from a bow. To do what? Probably not even he knows.
    Last edited by Rejakor; 2008-07-02 at 05:29 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

Her usual condescension fluttered; through the hate swimming over her chakra a pang of gratitude. She took her hat off and gingerly sat it on his head. “Shimura-san...” Sayuri looked up at him. “You’re not a very good Shinobi.”

He wasn’t entirely forgetting his manners. She massaged her hand onto his shoulder, woozily leaning back on her feet. A heartbeat later too slowly she stepped over the edge of the cliff and trusted the strings to hold her above the water while she fall toward the other side of the chasm.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Miya

When the Oto-nin came flying towards her the girl stopped in her tracks and waited for them to stop and speak their piece before saying so much as a word. Miya's eyes drifted back and forth between both of the ninja and eventually settled on the boy when she finally spoke.

"I am not doing anything here at all. I just came over to try and figure out if our friend passed this way or not. He's an Ash shinobi, I'm not sure what rank but if you could let me know then we'll cross back over the border and get out of your hair. We didn't come for any trouble.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Hand reflexively clenches. Tiny forward motion, not halted at all by suddenly limp legs, falling forward inches from a motionless Sayuri. Arching on invisible strings, grabbing to hold on. Moment of surprise.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[12](19) - Grapple to Hold On. If fails, Tadayou to land on the water. In a kung fu pose. Because Shin can.

Tadayou(-10 already included) - (1d20+0)[4](4)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

“Fool! Let go!” She lost her concentration and without the strings to control her fall Sayuri sank until she hit the water.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Oto-nin

The oto-nin frowned heavily as Miya's question weighed on his mind. The female oto-nin leaned over and whispered something that the young Konoha-born kunoichi is unable to pick up. "Well, it looks like your friends went back without you. But to be honest, no. We've only seen a couple of missing-nin lately--one chasing the other to Otogakure."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

SPLASH

A Shin hits the water.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops.. I totally forgot to resolve that.

Two small ash-nin plummet from the heights of the First Hokage's statue, dropping into the freezing cold waters below with a loud thwack. Neither genin was quite prepared for the drop, but thankfully the water sort of broke their fall. Other than a bone-deep numbing pain across the entire body, neither genin is harmed.

The water is calm today, though the waterfall that separates both statues makes it a bit turbulent where the little boy and girl hit the water. More important than that, however, is the exceptionally cold temperature of the miniature lake both ash-nin now found themselves in. If they didn't get to shore soon, they'd start freezing to the very core of their being.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

Placing both hands on the water's surface, Shin struggles as he tries to pull himself from the freezing water.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tadayou - (1d20+10)[20](30)

DC 15 for choppy water?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Shin pulls himself up onto the water and finally proves successful in standing on top of it. Sayuri, on the other hand, remains freezing and wet.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

What was one painful breath worth? Frozen hands groped up her spine. It was all she could do to thrash on the surface of the water. Gulping passed another mouthful of water she found she didn’t have wits enough to scream. She was going to drown! Shimura-san!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Shimura Shin

A hand clasps wrist. With a faint grunt of effort, Shin hoists Sayuri from the water, holding her up above the water with legs spread a little to accommodate the new weight. "Well, that was foolish."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

She managed an incredulous, incredibly venomous stare.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Miya

Miya made sure to keep her face...empty of emotion as the two oto-nin tell her so very little about the travelers. What sort of useful information was that? Instead she took a deep breath and said very calmly. "Could you describe any that you have seen and what directions that they went? It's important that I know so I can follow any leads. It'd be a big help and I'd appreciate it."

Why did this have to be so annoying? It'd just be so much easier to just...deal with them but she had no idea how many there were or how strong. And then there's that feeling too... No attacking was only a last ditch effort especially now that her...'companions' had abandoned her up here.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Oto-nin

The sound ninja describe a twenty-something female chasing a twelve or thirteen year old boy--both were wearing ash-nin headbands with damaged ash-nin symbols. Beyond that, the oto-nin have nothing else to add.

The Lake

The cold water takes it's toll on both genin, sapping their strength and energy to continue. The water's edge is a good hundred and fifty feet away, but Shin would have a hard time dragging both himself and Sayuri that far away.

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shin and Sayuri take 5 points of damage from the cold water.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Sayuri

Unfazed by the chill – it was always, always cold – she was staring at his face. Sharp lines, wide eyes that looked like they were black pools of jelly, he was a frame of bones stretched over skin with callously warm-hearted white teeth; they smiled like a white skull had all the love in heaven. If she saw so much, when she looked at them did someone hiding in the black stare back inside of her?

The Kyusuki-hime was just right. Innocence usually knew better. “You need to set me down, Shimura-san, now.”

Swirling fire behind her eyes didn’t like this feeling. Sayuri didn’t understand it, she knew enough by knowing it was bad. She wouldn’t have any trouble concentrating her own chakra. His grip was hurting her wrist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tadayou – 10+10 = 20
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-07-21 at 12:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration(1d20+11)[12]
    She’d walk over there to the shore as soon as he let go. Don’t shiver so much… trembling because she was cold or scared?