New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Setting Up A Custom Avatar

I got it working, Yay! It was something someone drew for me, so I was sad that it wasn't working because someone had spent time on.
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

I tried following the steps in post #1, and immediately had an issue. There is no user CP option in my upper right toolbar. What am I missing here?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ratigator View Post
    I tried following the steps in post #1, and immediately had an issue. There is no user CP option in my upper right toolbar. What am I missing here?
    The OP is several years old, and predates at least one major redesign of the forums. Custom avatar can be changed as follows:

Go to Settings (top right corner, just before the log out button) -> general settings (in the side bar, under the "my account" header) -> scroll all the way to the bottom. If you want an OOTS avatar, choose "Order of the Stick" radio button in the Avatar entry (third from the bottom), and select one of the options in "Order of the Stick Avatar:" drop down menu under it. If you want your own avatar, you'll need to host the image somewhere else, select the "Custom" radio button, and link to it from the "Custom Avatar URL" section below the Order of the Stick Avatar selection.

Yours,

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #274
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    The OP is several years old, and predates at least one major redesign of the forums. Custom avatar can be changed as follows:

Go to Settings (top right corner, just before the log out button) -> general settings (in the side bar, under the "my account" header) -> scroll all the way to the bottom. If you want an OOTS avatar, choose "Order of the Stick" radio button in the Avatar entry (third from the bottom), and select one of the options in "Order of the Stick Avatar:" drop down menu under it. If you want your own avatar, you'll need to host the image somewhere else, select the "Custom" radio button, and link to it from the "Custom Avatar URL" section below the Order of the Stick Avatar selection.

Yours,

Grey Wolf
    Thank you.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ratigator View Post
    Thank you.
    NP. Anytime.

Grey Wolf
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out by looking back over advice others had requested.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-09-09 at 04:52 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

What is the "User CP" option?

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    What is the "User CP" option?
    Probably "User Control Panel", but this forum has gone through major changes since this thread started - see Grey Wolf's post back up this page (reproduced here for your convenience).

Yours,

Grey Wolf

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

Anyone know some good Image Hosting Sites?
    I've Tried Deviantart, Flickr, Imgur, Photobucket and none of them seem to work for me. Now if there's a way to get Deviantart to work or some place that doesn't need my phone number that would be nice.

Found out a way.
    Last edited by GrottoSteelKlaw; 2019-10-14 at 06:04 PM.
    "Aimar, Sus Tot"~ "Above all, Love"

KOBOLDS FTW!!! ^W^

10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground

Could the OP be updated, please? Or at least footnoted to redirect people to current info? I collided with it, as have a number of other people. It looks authoritative, and it's not immediately obvious that one should go through the rest of the thread to find instructions that work.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

I am having a very frustrating time trying to get my avatar showing up again as my profile image.
    Thankfully I had it saved on my computer, yet no matter how I upload it the link I try adding is not being accepted, despite being fairly certain I am using the right format.
    I tried submitting a request for help using the Contact Us link yet no reply.

These are the current links I am using, the second actually being smaller, just in case it is a size issue, as well image type but nothing is working. Can someone help me?
    https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/9123/Cpa5Er.png
    https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/7132/fbUoLz.jpg

Last edited by JonathonWilder; 2019-11-14 at 10:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JonathonWilder View Post
    I am having a very frustrating time trying to get my avatar showing up again as my profile image.
    Thankfully I had it saved on my computer, yet no matter how I upload it the link I try adding is not being accepted, despite being fairly certain I am using the right format.
    I tried submitting a request for help using the Contact Us link yet no reply.

These are the current links I am using, the second actually being smaller, just in case it is a size issue, as well image type but nothing is working. Can someone help me?
    https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/9123/Cpa5Er.png
    https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/7132/fbUoLz.jpg

Remove the 's' from the https. That should solve your problem.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Remove the 's' from the https. That should solve your problem.
    ... Sighs, thank you. I didn't even notice the 's' being taken out as part of the formatting.
    Last edited by JonathonWilder; 2019-11-14 at 11:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bunsen_h View Post
    Could the OP be updated, please? Or at least footnoted to redirect people to current info? I collided with it, as have a number of other people. It looks authoritative, and it's not immediately obvious that one should go through the rest of the thread to find instructions that work.
    You're preaching to the choir, I'm afraid. I have no more power than you do to fix the OP.

Grey Wolf

15. - Top - End - #285
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak