The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Setting Up A Custom Avatar

I got it working, Yay! It was something someone drew for me, so I was sad that it wasn't working because someone had spent time on.
    Whether loved or hated, all characters die. A minority opinion holds that the righteous ones are really just Put on a Bus until the head writer's son gets back from his coffee break.

Thank you Honest Tiefling for this Rocking Avatar, Man I like that Tiefling.

"Sorry I couldn’t get on yesterday, personal stuff happened. Why are we lynching a boat?"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground

I tried following the steps in post #1, and immediately had an issue. There is no user CP option in my upper right toolbar. What am I missing here?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ratigator View Post
    I tried following the steps in post #1, and immediately had an issue. There is no user CP option in my upper right toolbar. What am I missing here?
    The OP is several years old, and predates at least one major redesign of the forums. Custom avatar can be changed as follows:

Go to Settings (top right corner, just before the log out button) -> general settings (in the side bar, under the "my account" header) -> scroll all the way to the bottom. If you want an OOTS avatar, choose "Order of the Stick" radio button in the Avatar entry (third from the bottom), and select one of the options in "Order of the Stick Avatar:" drop down menu under it. If you want your own avatar, you'll need to host the image somewhere else, select the "Custom" radio button, and link to it from the "Custom Avatar URL" section below the Order of the Stick Avatar selection.

Yours,

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by woweedd View Post
    I would say that's the dumbest theory Grey Wolf's heard, but, let's be honest: It's Grey Wolf. They've probably heard dumber theories today. Point is, neat idea, but it's a real stretch.
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #274
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    The OP is several years old, and predates at least one major redesign of the forums. Custom avatar can be changed as follows:

Go to Settings (top right corner, just before the log out button) -> general settings (in the side bar, under the "my account" header) -> scroll all the way to the bottom. If you want an OOTS avatar, choose "Order of the Stick" radio button in the Avatar entry (third from the bottom), and select one of the options in "Order of the Stick Avatar:" drop down menu under it. If you want your own avatar, you'll need to host the image somewhere else, select the "Custom" radio button, and link to it from the "Custom Avatar URL" section below the Order of the Stick Avatar selection.

Yours,

Grey Wolf
    Thank you.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ratigator View Post
    Thank you.
    NP. Anytime.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by woweedd View Post
    I would say that's the dumbest theory Grey Wolf's heard, but, let's be honest: It's Grey Wolf. They've probably heard dumber theories today. Point is, neat idea, but it's a real stretch.
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out by looking back over advice others had requested.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-09-09 at 04:52 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

What is the "User CP" option?

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    What is the "User CP" option?
    Probably "User Control Panel", but this forum has gone through major changes since this thread started - see Grey Wolf's post back up this page (reproduced here for your convenience).

Yours,

Grey Wolf

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

Anyone know some good Image Hosting Sites?
    I've Tried Deviantart, Flickr, Imgur, Photobucket and none of them seem to work for me. Now if there's a way to get Deviantart to work or some place that doesn't need my phone number that would be nice.

Found out a way.
    Last edited by GrottoSteelKlaw; 2019-10-14 at 06:04 PM.
    "Aimar, Sus Tot"~ "Above all, Love"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Halfling in the Playground

Could the OP be updated, please? Or at least footnoted to redirect people to current info? I collided with it, as have a number of other people. It looks authoritative, and it's not immediately obvious that one should go through the rest of the thread to find instructions that work.