New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The calm before the storm Group B

Noticing the Wookie, Wenton laughs and invites him to join.

Come, friend wookie, it's the eve of battle and all around is worry and fear. We here, alone, are a bastion of cheer and hope and bravity...Is bravity even a word? Either way, come and join us. The way the crew is carrying on is horribly unbecoming of warriors. Even if we do die tomorrow, we can do it knowing we spent our last night in good company smiling, facing death with our own mad, merry grin."
    Wenton Miles: Grey Jedi SECR Vong PBP

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I've heard that, in the wild, if one DM encroaches upon the territory of another, the offended DM will attempt to assert their dominance by throwing sacks of d12s at the intruder. If this activity proves fruitless, the DM generally shrinks back to their den in defeat, relinquishing the land, only to blog about it on their MySpace later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyserpent View Post
    . . . the designers probably felt weird giving monsters Schrödinger's hit points.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gian Bernini

Gian gives Wenton a strange look following what seems to be a near random outburst, slightly confused he goes back to addressing the Imp's question "This will be my first assignment away from the academy on my own. But, I have trained with the masters of the academy who have already dealt with the vong...I do not expect any surprises."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

3. - Top - End - #33

"Either of you have much experience fighting the Vong?"[/QUOTE]

Some but mostly at long range as we retreat and abandon are bases, but mostly i whined up trying to keep ships running long enough to get away.

By the way my names Dash McGurk.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-05-21 at 02:51 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

"Names's Wenton Miles. Like many out here in the reaches, I've run into them before, but at range and always running like a gullipud. There may not be honor in that, but still, I'm here now to face them in what we can call an almost even fight."
    Last edited by Farmer42; 2008-05-21 at 02:52 PM.

I've heard that, in the wild, if one DM encroaches upon the territory of another, the offended DM will attempt to assert their dominance by throwing sacks of d12s at the intruder. If this activity proves fruitless, the DM generally shrinks back to their den in defeat, relinquishing the land, only to blog about it on their MySpace later.
    . . . the designers probably felt weird giving monsters Schrödinger's hit points.

5. - Top - End - #35

...I do not expect any surprises."
    "Well one thing I've learned is to always expect surprises where the Vong are concerned. They are always growing some new way to kill us. By the way, does anyone know anything about the battle tomorrow? I was unconscious in the medbay for most of my trip so I haven't been briefed. Everybody's dour mood around here has me expecting we are going up against a whole fleet all alone."
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-05-21 at 03:27 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

"Yeah, forget what you've learned at the Academy. This is the real galaxy, chaos is endemic. You can learn the ebb and flow of everything, but it will eventually catch you by surprise. And don't use the Force as a crutch. Especially against the Vong. What you've likely heard from your masters is true, they're dead to the Force."
    Last edited by Farmer42; 2008-05-21 at 03:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

"I heard about that. They are force blind monsters. They were most likely rejected by the force for their wicked ways."
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

8. - Top - End - #38

As Gian speaks, the communication systems suddenly flare up, as the voice of captain Icelock, the commanding officer of the Home caller, can be heard resounding through the halls.

Gentlemen, we are now entering the Rylothi atmosphere. We shall arrive to the safe zone in a few hours. Please, prepare yourselves for landing. Icelock out.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

"Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
    Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
    Jedi respect all life, in any form.
    Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
    Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

Don't forget the code."
    Last edited by Farmer42; 2008-05-21 at 04:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

The wookiee seeing that he was invited slowly made his way over. People had to practically jog to keep up with his strides so it looked like he was walking a normal pace.

He had heard one of them speak cheerfully of battle, maybe they were not all cowards. Intrigued at this person he came over, he still had no idea if they could understand him. Most here are not able to, just some of the officers who are used to a variety of recruits.

Speaking Shyriiwook:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I heard you speak cheerfully of battle, more so than the rest of these so called warriors. What is your name? Mine is Chykattarr.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

"I don't speak cheerfully of battle, just the night before. Battle is what it is, bloody, messy, nasty. But sometimes necessary. Wenton Miles at your service, great warrior."
    Last edited by Farmer42; 2008-05-21 at 05:33 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Chykkatarr was very curious now, not many knew how to understand Shyriiwook. This human was worth investigating after all, it had been rather lonely on this ship with no one at all to talk to except officers to give him orders or information.

Shyriiwook
    Spoiler
    Show
    "How did you learn to understand my language? Very few have the skill and ability to understand it. It would be an interesting story to hear how you picked it up."
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

13. - Top - End - #43

Just as Dash says, Nice to meet you Chykkatarr, Chykkatarr specks again, dash smiled as he say, when i was 15 years old i was lucky to get an apprenticeship with two very talented Techs, the wookiee Dewbecca and his Sullustan business partner Sien Kyak.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-05-21 at 08:31 PM.

Character links

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

"I learned it here and there. You hang around in space long enough, you catch things like this. For a while there, I was speaking Huttese as my native tongue. Still can, if I'm really angry. Nothing quite matches Huttese for cursing. Besides, on Nar Shaddaa you need to speak it. Now, Shyriiwook...Well, that's a long story. I had a few teachers, but as I said, I just sort of picked it up. Didn't hurt that there was a wookie or two around as I grew up. So, what brings you here to join us in this intrepid adventure?"
    Last edited by Farmer42; 2008-05-21 at 08:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Shyriiwook
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I have come to meet these invaders in battle and truly test them to see if they are a worthy foe. I have fought many battles all over the galaxy, I have seen a lot of martial techniques in battle. That and since I have so much time on my hands seeing the galaxy never hurts. Of course there are always things you don't wish to have seen. This is all in my past of course, I am just here to fight and protect what I feel is worthy of protection."
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2008-05-21 at 08:54 PM.

Exile

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

"That's all anyone should ever ask of another. Well, that and a nice bottle of Whyren's Reserve for their birthday."

17. - Top - End - #47

Gian Bernini

"I know the code, do not presume to lecture me on it." Ending the point there as he turns to face the approaching wookie. They were truly a popular bunch. Gian quickly went from being alone with his thoughts to the center of attention.

"Greetings Chykkatarr. I am Gian Bernini. And it is why we are here. I signed up for this. We have to get rid of the vong before they destroy everything we have built"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

"Just making sure you remember it. Sometimes Kyp's lot can forget that the Vong are still living creatures. By no means go easy on them, but if one asks for mercy, remember what you are. Well, I'll see you gentlebeings later, I want to get some exercise and maybe a small bit of shut-eye before we begin."

After saying his good byes, Wenton goes through the ship, looking for an empty cargo room or training bay.
    Last edited by Farmer42; 2008-05-21 at 10:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Tyrath gathered from the conversations going on around him that the Wookiee was named Chykkatarr. Having no knowledge of Shyriiwook, Tyrath had really no idea what the Wookiee was saying, but since everyone was introducing themselves, he figured he would do the same.

Turning to face Chykkatarr, Tyrath nods "Name's Tyrath." He continues to stick around in the conversation until Wenton leaves. "I think I will be taking my leave as well. I'm going to go see if I can find this Captain Icelock or someone else in charge and find out exactly what we expect to be up against." and with that Tyrath turns to leave, and heads off to find a ranking officer on this vessel.
    Thog fan 4 life

20. - Top - End - #50

Chykkatarr just looks offended at Tyrath, he was Imperial scum. Never trust Imperial scum, Chykkatarr just gives a growl and yell that no one can make out, maybe a local dialect curse of some sort. After that he stalks back to the cabin he was assigned for some rest before the battle.

Exile

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Finding an empty room, Wenton begins running through kata with his saberstaff unlit, practicing and reminding himself of how to use his weapon. If any observer happens by and watches, they notice his practice starting out almost jerky, as if he hadn't done it for a while. But as time goes on, he gets smoother and more precise, flowing from one kata to the next like a trained warrior.

After an hour or two of practice, Wenton goes back to his quarters and meditates.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm using Force Trance for four hours. UtF Check, DC10, I'm taking 10 for a total of 17
    Last edited by Farmer42; 2008-05-21 at 11:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

as the small group starts to brake up Dash says, Well it was a pleasure to meet you gentlemen, i think i'll take my leave also i need to get some food and rest, so good evening to you all, and may we all die proud tomorrow. Dash then continues on to the mess hall where he gets a meal and quickly eats, he then goes to his cabin and gets several hours worth of sleep.

Character links

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Cam

Heading for the mess, Cam's ears perked a bit upon hearing folks talk about lightsabers and Imperials just like it was during the old days during the Galactic Civil War. He notes that he saw a couple of those 'Jedi' wandering round the ship, but he was just happy to keep his head down. Force or not, seems they attracted more trouble than they could handle more often than not,"best avoid those Jedi nuts. force or not they're gonna end up getting you killed." Cam thinks to himself.

Perks a bit hearing folks going back and forth in Shyriiwook, leans in a bit to listen to what they're saying, but otherwise keeps his mouth shut, and tries to not appear like he's listening too hard.
    Last edited by Phantasm; 2008-05-22 at 01:08 AM.
    "Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."---Crow T.Robot

24. - Top - End - #54

Gian Bernini

As everyone else is leaving, Gian retires to his lodging to rest up before they reach the safe zone and the start of their mission.

25. - Top - End - #55

BOOM!

Suddenly, the whole ship is shaken by what seems to be an attack from a Death Star. Instantly, red lights flare up and sirens start wailing. Over the ensuing chaos, Captain Icelock's voice can be heard:

Gentlemen, we have just been attacked by an unknown force and have sustained heavy damage. We are now on a crash course towards Ryloth.

Brace yourselves, guys, this is going to be a rough landing.

For the next minutes, there is panic, as everyone tries to grab hold to something and steady themselves as the Home Caller falls to the planet, wreathed in flames.

As it hits the ground, and the world seems to shatter, you can hear the terrible screech of metal against ice....

A while later, you wake up, apparently having hit something. The temperature seems to have dropped quite a few degrees, and you can hear Icelock's voice coming out of a wrecked SoundSys.

Soldiers, listen up! Everybody who is not injured, head for the main bridge and report to me Immediately! This is an order, people, so get moving! I repeat, get your lazy asses to the main bridge immediately!
    Last edited by Azerian Kelimon; 2008-05-22 at 03:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Tyrath is headed towards the bridge when the ship is hit. Trying to brace himself he is flung violently around as the ship hits the ice and everything goes dark.

As Tyrath is coming to the sound of the broadcast breaks through the ringing in his ears.
    ..ain bridge and report to me Immediately! This is an order, people, so get moving! I repeat, get your lazy asses to the main bridge immediately!

Tyrath gets up and steadies himself on wobbly legs while mumbling,
    "Whatever happened to the karking safe zone? This is just great..." Tyrath clears his head and makes his way into the bridge, hand near his pistol just in case.
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-05-22 at 05:23 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

After the darkness recedes and Wenton hears the captain's announcement, he rises and shuffles around the room for his staff. Finding it safely after a few seconds, he ignites it with the telltale snap-hiss of a lightsaber being ignited and carefully makes his way towards the bridge, ready to fend off boarders.

28. - Top - End - #58

Gian Bernini

As soon as he can regain his footing, Gian is up and running towards the bridge. So much for an easy go, but now it was time to prove his mettle against the Vong and show everyone else what a Jedi is capable of.

29. - Top - End - #59

Chykkatarr

A few minutes after the crash he finally decided it was table enough to move. While many had been knocked unconscious he was spared that fate. He managed to cling to his bunk tightly during the crash and since it was secured to the floor it was just what he needed.

After hearing the message on the com system he starts his treck off towards the bridge. First thing is first, he opens his trunk and pulls out his gear, he loads a quarrel into the bottom of his bowcaster with a sound and firm click. The soldiers in the room seem bolstered just from seeing such a massive warrior, now that they seen the equally huge gun they felt secure. After he was set and loaded Chykkatarr left for the command deck.

Exile

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Cam

For a while, Cam is sure he wasn't ever going to see Coronet City again. Then he figured that wasn't such a bad idea since he'd never have to pay the folks there back those credits he owed them. Which is the last thought he had before the frigate crashed and everything went black.

Cam scraped himself up off the floor and staggered back to the billet he'd been assigned when the message from the Captain boomed through what was left of the systems. Touching his hand to his forehead, Cam felt the a bit of dampness and felt sick as he pulled his hand away. There was a bruise, but no blood. Instead it was some of the topping from whatever it was they were serving in the mess. He made his way to the billet and grabbed his utility belt and splashed a cup of water in his face to wash off the worst of the grime, then made his way to the bridge. Not that he was much of a soldier, but it was better than getting shot at for not obeying.
    "Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."---Crow T.Robot