New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The calm before the storm Group B

Dash has barely been asleep an hour when the ship is hit and he is violently tossed out of hid bunk, Hearing the announcement Dash makes his way to the bridge as quickly as possible.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

2. - Top - End - #62

Arriving to the bridge, you find Icelock giving order to some of the crewmembers.

And get those supplies ready! We'll need as many as we can get.

Turning around and seeing you, Icelock approaches you. Dressed in a captain's uniform, the Rodian's soft tone and calm voice sharply contrasts with the stereotypes of his race.

Good to see you're here, gentlemen. Apparently, most of the soldiers are bruised, but otherwise okay. Now, listen... he says, as he creates a hologram from a wrist device. The hologram has the shape of the planet, with a single red point on a side.

That's where we are. Now, we have fallen into the perpetually frozen hemisphere. We need to get to the dividing line, and we need to do so quick, because we don't have much food and there's some pretty nasty stuff here.

I've given everyone access to the ship's armory, the rightmost door on the lowest deck. Arm yourselves as you see fit, then prepare for leaving. As soon as we have gathered up all the food we can and salvaged the ship's technology, we'll be leaving for the dividing line. Dismissed!

And with that, Icelock turns around and begins calling another officer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now, you can get a few items. It's not going to be nothing too extreme, but you can get some equipment.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Indicating his now-extinguished blade, Wenton replies, "I'm ready when you guys are. I've got everything I need. Someone wants us dead before we reach our battle, and I aim to disappoint. Though, would someone be so Kind as to toss me some thermal clothing? I didn't pack expecting to end up down here."
    Last edited by Farmer42; 2008-05-27 at 06:15 PM.
    Wenton Miles: Grey Jedi SECR Vong PBP

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I've heard that, in the wild, if one DM encroaches upon the territory of another, the offended DM will attempt to assert their dominance by throwing sacks of d12s at the intruder. If this activity proves fruitless, the DM generally shrinks back to their den in defeat, relinquishing the land, only to blog about it on their MySpace later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyserpent View Post
    . . . the designers probably felt weird giving monsters Schrödinger's hit points.

4. - Top - End - #64

Gian Bernini

"I am ready to go whenever else. Like, Wenton all I require is an all weather cloak and I will be ready."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Cam Antares

Sighing and looking at the red dot on the hologram, Cam keeps his mouth shut but is visibly worried about the possibility of ending up in a worse situation than the one they're in now. While the others are a bit conservative in their choices, Cam grabs himself an All weather cloak and a heavy blaster from the armory, and a pair of extra power packs for the gun. While the armors wouldnt help much for him, he does grab a blast helmet, at which point he steps out and looks around for whichever group looks ready to head outside.
    "Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."---Crow T.Robot

6. - Top - End - #66

Looking around the armory Chykkatarr is amused at the tiny armor, poking around none of it would fit. Instead he settled for two all temperature cloaks which he managed to combine into a very large one. Even with his fur he could feel the cold, the all temperature cloak would help greatly. Finally he manages to find a spare if basic utility belt, never know when basic utensils would help out.

OCC: Can someone send me a link to the OOC thread? I misplaced it when I reformatted my computer, also for the record that is also 100% operational again. Yay!
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

7. - Top - End - #67

Karking Ryloth... It was only as Tyrath saw the frozen tundra that he remembered the unique feature of the Twi'lek home world.

Tyrath poked around the armory for a bit, eventually settling on a blaster rifle that felt as close to Imperial issue as he was going to find, and a heavy blaster pistol. He grabbed a couple of extra power packs, a comlink and a holster for his pistol. Finally picking out an all-weather cloak that fit, Tyrath was ready. "Alright, I'm ready to go. Let's get the frak out of here before we freeze to death."
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Wenton Grabs an all-weather cloak and leans against the bulkhead, waiting for the others to finish readying themselves. "Before we move out, Who knows Ryl?"

I've heard that, in the wild, if one DM encroaches upon the territory of another, the offended DM will attempt to assert their dominance by throwing sacks of d12s at the intruder. If this activity proves fruitless, the DM generally shrinks back to their den in defeat, relinquishing the land, only to blog about it on their MySpace later.
    . . . the designers probably felt weird giving monsters Schrödinger's hit points.

9. - Top - End - #69

"I only know the basics. The planet rotates on it's axis at the same speed that it revolves around it's sun or something like that. The same side faces the sun at all times, becoming a scorching desert wasteland, and the other side being this frozen tundra we have found ourselves in. Only place to go is the band of perpetual twilight between the two hemispheres. Makes sense to head towards the light if we can see any, but since the captain has that holo-map we should be able to pick the right direction regardless. Though if we crashed in the middle of the "night" side, I would say we're pretty frakked unless we find some transport." Tyrath says as he slams home a new power pack into his rifle.
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-05-28 at 01:31 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

"We've gotta hurry. We have no idea what's out here, and I'm willing to bet half the continent saw us crash, let alone whoever shot us down. Chess Ko."

((Those who know huttese:))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chess Ko: Be Careful

11. - Top - End - #71

Gian

Wrapping the all weather cloak around him, Gian looks over the tundra before him. The situation was generally bleak, but on the plus side the Tundra could not conceal there any enemies, they would know of any enemies approach.

"We should get moving as soon as possible. It will be some time before anyone can get here and we will see them coming."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

12. - Top - End - #72

Chykkatarr gets off the ship with the others, after he finishes properly adjusting his massive cloak he finally gets a glimpse of the planet for the first time. He gives a low groan, sounds like a cross between irritation and sorrow.

He squints and looks across the dark and vast plain, he looks like the isolation is already wearing on him. A gust of wind blasts him in the face messing up his fur and making him look all the more lonely and irritated. Slowly he takes a few more steps out onto the plain before stopping. He mumbles and growls to himself in low tones.

Shyriiwook
    Spoiler
    Show
    What desolate planet is this, I felt the cold on the outside but now I feel it inside me too. No life, who could stay sane here in this vast open and cold space.

After he finishes his growling and mumbling he squares his shoulders resolutely. He turns to face the group and await their marching orders. He notices others are not finding comfort in this planet either. In a way that reassures him of their sanity in some small way.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2008-05-28 at 09:37 PM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

13. - Top - End - #73

Tyrath steps out, hesitant to leave the relative warmth of the ship. Pulling the cloak tighter around himself, he hears the Wookiee say something in his native language. I can't understand what he said, but it sounded like we probably feel the same way about this... Tyrath looks ahead over the endless expanse of snow. "Its true that we have a better chance of seeing our enemies, but the same applies to them...they have a pretty good shot of seeing us as well. Anyway, the sooner we get moving the sooner we get out of this winter wonderland."
    Thog fan 4 life

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Moving off of the ship, Wenton scans the horizon for any signs of life. As the Wookie speaks, he moves a bit away from the group, lost in though. After a few seconds, he rejoins the others.

"Let's go. I don't see anything, but I'm worried about things living beneath this snow and ice as well as on top of it. Does anyone know which way we want to travel in order to get out of this sith-forsaken hole?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Cam Antares

Stepping out of the ship, Cam pulls the cloak tightly around him and angles the helmet down enough to cover his eyes. His personal sidearm holstered, and tightly gripping the heavy blaster he took from the armory, Cam grumbles underneath his breath. "Of course, we couldnt crash on a nice planet, no, it had to be an ice planet." Looks over at the wook and his expression darkens a little more under the helmet, and muttering to himself in Bothese. "Of course, some of us aren't as well insulated as others. Ugh." Cam takes a couple steps from the frigate and turns back to look at it. "Yeah...that's gonna take more than a coat of paint. So, anyone think to ask the Captain which way this dividing line is?"
    Last edited by Phantasm; 2008-05-29 at 12:10 PM.
    "Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."---Crow T.Robot

16. - Top - End - #76

Dash take from the armory a all-temperature cloak, a bandolier, 4 frag Grenades, 4 power packs, a electrobinocular, a heavy Baster rifle, and a blast vest and helmet. Before joining the others out side the ship.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

17. - Top - End - #77

Well I may as well make one last post, I will just let you know I am disappointed on how you just walked out on the group. Could have at least said something. Farewell guys, looked like it would have been a good game.

Exile