New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MtA: Sun, Surf, and Shadow

Glaring with an expression of annoyance as Khaleoud once again tries her feeble magics, with a smart snap of his fingers Morpheus strikes at the spell, disrupting her power such that it grants only the faintest of life.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 successes, so she still got 1.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Khaleoud screams in frustration at Morpheus, his face a mask of rage. She dodges the attack by Zephyr, and takes a run at Morpheus. She makes ready to leap at him with murder in her eyes when suddenly the door to the office slams open and the room is consumed in a flash of blue light as a bolt of lightning arcs across the room, strikes Khaleoud in the chest and carries her convulsing body out the window, destroying another pane of glass.

In steps a woman. She's an older woman, stands taller than most, and she seems to be of cuban descent. Her hair is stark white, and her face is cold and emotionless, with intense gray eyes. She regards all four of you, and her lip curls. You almost get the impression she's going to attack, and then she speaks. All she says is, in a clear voice "Where's the book?"
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

3. - Top - End - #183

MonkGuy

"You could of used the window I had previously smashed for the purpose of sending annoying French martial artists through. Anyway, since I have truly forgotten where the book is, had originally been intending to just steal it from these dopes and sell it at a magical pawn shop, and am frankly scared for my life, I hope you'd be willing to accept my surrender and walk over towards me so as to make it less confusing while we murder these dopes." Alrikar said, betting his life on the hope that those not capable of shooting lightning would be able to realize that Alrikar had a near-photographic memory and thusly was lying when he said he had 'truly forgotten where the book is', that one of them would be able to downgrade the friction on the area of flooring between the door and the 42nd floor window, and that the Cuban would believe he was honestly switching sides and feel obligated to draw clear battle lines.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184

A faint glimmer of fury appearing as Alrikar announces his "betrayal", Morpheus takes a step back from him and his retainer, as well as the Cuban woman, extending an arm slightly in warding in front of Edwin and Zephyr.

"Damn weaseling coward," he growls at Alrikar, then turns his head to the new arrival. "The assistance was appreciated, but I certainly hope you've come here to discuss the matter in a more agreeable fashion." He raises a hand, ready to snap fingers once again. "If not, we're prepared to fend off all three of you. Keep in mind where we are, and how long it will be before help arrives."

Spoiler
    Show
    Got at least three successes to discern Alrikar's motive. I'm in on the game. ;)
    Last edited by JMobius; 2008-07-22 at 08:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185

MonkGuy

"Hah! You think help is going to arrive? Now, obviously I can't be certain of this, but considering that the winner of the award for best Cuban shock cannon over here just blasted the French Kung-Fu Idol winner out of the window, and that, despite your constant yelling Immirion still hasn't arrived, It would appear as though Khaleoud wasn't the first victim of Cuban-style electroshock therapy today. Help isn't coming today, you Obrimoros punk." Alrikar said, switching his style of speech to become more similar to that of an obnoxious punk he had had Montaenoo toss into a basketball hoop during his first few months in Florida, in hopes that his allies would notice the change.

Spoiler
    Show
    Keeping things alive

6. - Top - End - #186

"This is why I normally never leave my lab" Edwin said, putting his gun back in his pocket and pulling out his watch to check the time.
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The woman is silent for a moment. When Immiron's name is mentioned, her eyebrows raise, and then her expression softens. "Immiron was called away. Whoever that girl is working for, they have powerful contacts in the Mysterium." She seems to think for a moment "I'm assuming you're the squad of misfits they set on the Arcadius case, yeah I've heard about you. You may call me Azura." She smiles, a thin faint thing that seems almost out of place in her features. "I'm the head censor in southern Florida, and I've come to retrieve an extremely dangerous object that I spoke of right after I killed one who may have tried to keep it from me." The message in her words is clear. She wants to know where the book is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for being a rarity on here. It's been a weird week.
    "If you're going to look to me you'd better get rose colored shades, cause what you see is what you get."

8. - Top - End - #188

MonkGuy

Visibly relaxing at the word censor, Alrikar utilized his years of practice at covering his ass, "Ah, well now I feel quite embarrassed. I assumed that you where another thief. You see, I was planning to slick the floor and send you falling 420 feet to your death. It wouldn't of worked against a censor, I'm certain, just as I am certain that you detected my true motive in that little gambit: to protect the lore of Atlantis. Now, I had been planning to give the book to my uncle, the 'Cogusr Tuft Bettct' guy, since at the time of my discovery of the book, he was the highest-ranking Mystagouge I knew to be available, but once you verify your claim I will be happy to give you the book and have my memories of it erased or replaced. After all, the book was marked specifically for you. Oh, and how could I have forgotten, the window. I hope that the Mysterium will be able to forgive my destructiveness."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I don’t suppose Mysterium types have a secret handshake, do they? Cuz that’d be nifty.

Zephyr

Zephyr puts a hand on Morpheus’ outstretched arm to calm his defensive posture. “Azura? Darcan said I might seek you out in this. I was going to deliver the book to Charon in the Athenaeum. No need to trek into the hinterlands when we’re already at HQ. I figured that would be the safest place for it until someone figured out what to do with it. I dropped it somewhere secure to keep it from that woman – she said her name was Kaylee-odd. We can go fetch it now.” If Azura consents and moves aside, Zephyr re-enters the hallway and leads toward his workspace two floors below to retrieve the book. A thought occurs to him en route (or still in Arcadius’ office, as the case may be): “We may be able to track where that woman came from if we reawaken the portal she arrived through and look back. There was another portal sealed in the office which we might want to check out.”

I wouldn’t mind if everyone would stop calling us misfits, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Azura looks at Alrikar and waits for him to finish speaking. She looks at the broken windows. "What you did was done to protect the mysteries. Fear no repercussions. I have heard of your uncle, and am thankful I was able to intercept the book before you handed it to that mad cultist. The book is of the abyss, I don't believe I need to say anything else beyond that to explain the dangers and allure tied up in that tome, and why it is of vital importance that it be delivered into my hands." She looks to Zephyr, nodding as he speaks. "Delivering the book to Charon would have been wise. He is well-traveled in matters such as that thing, and would know what to do with it. I shall take it to him myself." She steps aside for him and follows him closely as he walks down the hallway, listening to him speak and then replying. "A sound tactic, though I daresay you may not find much. Whoever these people are they know what they're up against. I've no doubt that you'll find that the portal in Arcadius' office leads to his home. There you would meet with his ward and retainer Jessica who runs his household. I shall contact her and inform her that you are coming. It is a logical next step in your investigation, and I'm certain you could all use some rest after your ordeal."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr digs the book out from where it had fallen beneath his desk and hands it to Azura. "Glad to have that our of my hands. I'd be most gratified if you would mention us to Arcadius' estate, yes. I'm sure your introduction will help us as we check around there." He looks down to the book and back to Azura's face. "Do you think this book is connected to Arcadius' kidnapping?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Er... where did everyone go? Did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort