New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Calamity of Eternity, Part 1 [IC]

Arrack tilts his head to the side at Jirard's unique request. "Hm...yes...I suppose you haven't visited your quarters yet? Each of the guardian's rooms has an add-on for personal use, which should be more than big enough for your needs."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2008-06-01 at 09:44 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mason listens intently to the captain's answers, and seems satisfied as a small smile breaks across his face. "I suppose that would be an obvious answer..." he thinks to himself.

"Thanks for taking the time to speak to us, sir. You obviously have your hands full. Perhaps you could point us in the direction of our personal quarters so we could get a bit more settled?"

3. - Top - End - #33

"Sure thing!" Arrack points in the direction of a staircase in the deck. "Just take those stairs down a floor and you'll be on the guardian level. You can pick your own rooms. They're all identical, so it doesn't really matter. Oh, and don't be so formal. We're gonna be facing the unknown, and if you don't know and treat the man beside you like a brother, then who knows? Could be your life." He laughs once again.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Lirith
    Lirith looks over to the staircase and motions with his fellow guardians; Well then, shall we get settled in? If we're quick we can watch the ship pull away.

OOC; I am right in saying we are still in port?

5. - Top - End - #35

((assuming no one objects to going belowdecks))

The group goes down the staircase, following Arracks directions. Arrack was right; for ship lodgings the guardian's rooms are quite spacious. Each one is identical, with a bed or hammock, small table, chair, and larger, empty adjoining room. You see an assortment of groups like yourself conversing and picking rooms out.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Lirith

Lirith checks over his room and then, choosing to keep his equipment on him he heads out into the corridor and waits for the others to reappear from the quarters.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mason decides to use the room next to Lirith's, unbuckling his armor with care and laying it in the larger room. He puts the rest of the equipment near his armor before heading back into the hall to wait for his teammates.

8. - Top - End - #38

SolithKnightGuy

The halfling nods his thanks at the captain when he is told about the rooms. When they arive below decks, he chooses a room next to the big man and settles in. He carefully examines the empty room, ensuring that it is truely empty, then takes his bag of holding and begins removing some of the puppet materials within. He stacks planks of wood, sheets of thin stone and other puppet components carefully, ensuring that they will not be harmed by the ship's motion. His table is soon moved into the empty room by the giant and several tools are set on its surface. Finally, he removed the scrolls from his belt and stores those in the bag. Inspecting the room one final time, he nods, satisfied at the layout. He quickly re-mounts the giant and leaves his room to find the others waiting for him. "Greetings again. Do you find your rooms as acceptable as I find mine?"
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

9. - Top - End - #39

As you settle into your rooms and head out, a young man emerges from across the hall and nearly bumps into wall. At the last second, however, he agilely dodges aside. "Oh dear, I'm sorry, er, sir..." he looks up and sees Jirard. "Oh. I guess it wouldn't have mattered much. Oh well." You get a chance to examine him for a second. He is dressed in a simple outfit of nondescript cloth, and wears a likewise simple cloak of well-worn oil cloth. Only two things stand out about him: a truly immense hat that could qualify for a work of architecture, with a feather that looks like it came from a roc, and the magnificent rapier that hangs at his side. "My name is Sebastian. How about you guys?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mason looks quizzically at the absurd hat, but shakes it off quickly. "I wish I could say that the hat was the most absurd thing I've seen here..." he thinks to himself. He steps forward and inclines his head to the strangely dressed man in respect.

You may call me Mason. The halfling controlling the enormous golem is known as Jirard, master puppeteer and my friend here is Lirith, a fine cleric. We are guardians of the Dragonbyrd, as I assume you are. If I may ask, what skills have earned you the right to protect this vessel?

11. - Top - End - #41

Sebastian smiles broadly. "Why, that's quite simple. Allow me to demonstrate." His arm and sword blur in wide arc for a second, moving across a wall before returning to the sheath. On said wall, a fairly complex carving of a halfling sitting atop a puppet, a satyr, and a large man appears. Although he seemed clumsy and foolish before, Sebastian's eyes show total focus during this time, although it lasts only about three seconds. "Satisfied of my skill?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Lirith

Lirith looks over Sebastian. Hmm, Well I guess you show great skill yes, still it's not how well you control your blade its who you use it against. I for one only strike to evil. It is good to meet you. I hope we get on well. Lirith gestures towards the stairs; Well shall we head up on deck?

13. - Top - End - #43

Sebastian nods his head. "Of course. I would never raise my blade against an innocent, or someone who didn't deserve it." He looks to the stairs. "Yes. I think the boat will take off soon, and I wouldn't want to miss the launch."

14. - Top - End - #44

SolithKnightGuy

The halfling nods at the man exiting the room, expecting him to move on fairly quickly. When he intoduces himself, the halfling shakes his head and indulges in a little wave as he is introduced. When the thin man shows his skill though, the halfling starts actually showing interest. Crouching Wall down, he gets a closer look at the sketch. That is actually, quite good. I may be looking at another deserving of my respect...

"Fascinating. Your speed and control are quite amazing. You have the focus and minor hand control rivaling that of most artists, yet you can do so over the length of a sword. Most fumble when their tool is a mere pencil. Are you an artist yourself, or is this mearly something you have practiced for the express purpose of impressing those who doubt you?" He examines it closely. When the conversation continues, he spares a quick glance over "Myself, I use my puppets only in self defense. As those attacking me are rarely of the innocent nature, I beleave that I have indeed only wielded my puppets against those who are deserving of it. I will accompany you upon deck, if you wish. We may do well to ensure the launch goes well." Though why any would be so fascinated by it is beyond me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

15. - Top - End - #45

Sebastian nods. "Yes, I suppose you could say I'm something of an artist, although I prefer bladework. It's more of a hobby." he seems to listen for a second. "I'm interested in the launch because it's rather fitting to be up on deck when a ship launches. That's just the way I see things."

16. - Top - End - #46

You quickly make your way to the top of the deck. Sebastian says his goodbyes and heads off out of sight. The ship seems ready to depart, and Arrack is shouting orders like crazy. "Johnson, put that down! Dran, pull harder! Leeson, get that damn dolphin up on deck!" Krum gets back on deck. "ALRIGHT! Go!" The ship begins moving away from the docks, sailing out of port towards the great beyond of the horizon. A few hours pass. The sea is peaceful, for the moment. All of a sudden, the tranquility is interrupted by a series of loud crashing noises, the ship rocking as something heavy assaults it. A nearby sailor dashes to the side of the boat, looking over the side. He pulls back in horror, his face white with fear. "Kraken attack! Kraken attack!" Similar call are being sounded from all over the ship, and the Krakens are pulling themselves farther out of the water so as to get a good look at their chosen prey.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, everyone roll initiative and post your actions.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:[roll]1d20+7

Mason turns around in alarm as the cries echo around the ship. A flash of panic crosses his mind before the calm of battle comes over him. He turns to the nearest Kraken, drawing his sword and advancing on it quickly. His blade flashes down three times in. quick succession, but his eyes are peeled for his allies. Mason wants to be sure of their locations lest they need help immediately.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll attack the nearest kraken if there's one within reach
    Attack 1:(1d20+21)[41]
    Attack 2:(1d20+16)[32]
    Attack 3:(1d20+11)[16]
    Damage 1:(2d6+7)[15]
    Damage 2:(2d6+7)[13]
    Damage 3:(2d6+7)[13]
    Additional damage is needed if these Krakens are considered Evil.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's try this again.
    Initiative:(1d20+7)[15]
    Crit Confirm:(1d20+21)[41]
    Crit Damage:(2d6+7)[16]
    Holy Damage 1:(2d6)[6]
    Holy Damage 2:(2d6)[4]
    Holy Damage 3:(2d6)[9]

19. - Top - End - #49

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Jirard stats: hp 75/75, AC 19
    Wall: hp 96/96, AC 22
    Colpo: hp 86/86, AC 22, main puppet

"Ha. Not even a few hours. They just couldn't wait for us, could they?" Seeing Mason move to intercept one of the kraken, the halfling calls out "Don't worry. I'll provide cover fire for the moment."

He crouches down on Wall's back and pulls another scroll off his waist. Unfurling it, he slides his fingers across and concentrates. Another cloud of smoke is released and suddenly an new puppet appears beside Wall. Smaller, but also human shaped, its right arm rises and a crossbow bow unfolds from the sides of its arm, while a bolt is suddenly pushed up from inside the arm. The arm begins tracking towards the kraken Mason is fighting, as the halfling calls out "You wished to meet the others, right? Well, this is Colpo. I admit he's not quite as impresive as Wall, but don't worry, he's a good archer to make up for it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+12)[21]
    Full round action to summon and take control of Colpo. Declairing Colpo as my primary puppet. Attacks next round.
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-06-13 at 02:22 PM. Reason: fixed spoiler tag

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

20. - Top - End - #50

Mason hacks into a nearby Kraken, landing a powerful blow. The Kraken rears back, before climbing higher onto the ship. Seeing an opportunity, Mason darts forward, plunging his blade hilt deep into the beast's eye before pulling back. The horrific scream of the pained Kraken echoes around the ship as it plunges back into the water. Mason has just enough time to feel good about himself before the Kraken's tentacles emerge from over the side, lashing forward towards him...

Spoiler
    Show

Tentacle 1: (1d20+28)[30]
    And Damage: (2d8+12)[17]
    Tentacle 2: (1d20+28)[34]
    And Damage: (2d8+12)[22]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Lirith
    Lirith runs over to the Kraken the others are attacking and seeing it fall into the water Lirith takes advantage of the momentary lapse and Heals Mason.

Spoiler
    Show

Init; (1d20+4)[24]
    Heal Check; Cure Moderate Wounds; (2d8+5)[21]
    Conc Check; (1d20+15)[19]

22. - Top - End - #52

The Kraken angrily lurches towards you, slowly bringing its full strength to bear against you. All around, you hear shouts and cries as other groups of adventurers battle other Kraken. Steeling yourselves, you strike again at the Kraken...

Spoiler
    Show

expirement10K14 seems to be missing, so I'll continue with combat. The Kraken also has a very low initiative, so you guys go first.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2008-06-14 at 07:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    AC: 28 (realizing this is too low...hmmmm...) HP:132, Delayed Damage Pool:18

Mason nods his thanks to Lirith quickly before turning back on the beast. His sword, now dripping the blood of the kraken, feels light in his hands as he swings towards the monster. Mason knows that the kraken might take him under the waves if he cannot kill it quickly enough, so he mutters a quick prayer to St.Cuthbert and brings his blade around with new vigor.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be using Divine Surge on his first attack for +8d8 damage. I'll also enter the Martial Spirit stance to heal 2 hit points on each successful attack.
    Attack 1:(1d20+21)[36]
    Attack 2:(1d20+16)[25]
    Attack 3:(1d20+11)[18]
    Damage 1:(2d6+7)[11]
    Damage 2:(2d6+7)[18]
    Damage 3:(2d6+7)[13]
    Holy Damage 1:(2d6)[6]
    Holy Damage 2:(2d6)[7]
    Holy Damage 3:(2d6)[7]
    Divine Surge Damage:(8d8)[46]
    Sheesh...

24. - Top - End - #54

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Jirard: AC 19, hp 75/75
    Wall: AC 22, hp 96/96
    Colpo: AC 22, hp 86/86
    Yeah, it occurs to me that maybe I should up Wall's AC.

The grins at Mason's attacks. "Well done, big man. Remind me to stay friends with you. I'll support from here, for now."

Spinning his hands, he quickly directs the crossbow puppet to aim at the massive creature, and fires off. A second later, the crossbow is cranked back and another bolt slides out of the arm into place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aiming at Mason's target if possible, but going after another in necessary.
    Attack - (1d20+15)[23]
    [roll=Crit?]1d20+15[/roll]
    Damage - (1d10+1)[8]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-06-14 at 08:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Lirith
    Lirith runs over to the Kraken and lays into the best way he knows how. Lets send this beast back to the void!

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage; (1d8+3)[5]

OOC; Hmm Attack isn't my best bit....

26. - Top - End - #56

The Kraken roars once more, a hideous, loud hissing noise, before releasing the Dragonbyrd and plopping back into the ocean, drenching you all with a wave of water mixed with oily black blood. Looking around, you see similar sights all around as the other guardians fend off the other Krakens. Soon enough, the attack ends. Arrack strides across the deck, speaking with knots of guardians. He quickly reaches you. Up close, you see a large axe clutched in one of his hands, and he is covered from head to toe in black Kraken blood.. "HA! Those Krakens won't be messing with any more ships for a while. Good showing lads, I'm glad to have you aboard. We should have no problems on our voyage." He leaves as suddenly as he came, heading off towards another small group.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Lirith
    Lirith cleans blood off his weapon before looking in the direction of Arrack,Well, he seems confident. If we were going to have no problems why all these defenders? Lirith looks over the edge of the ship and into the distance.

28. - Top - End - #58

SolithKnightGuy

The halfling sputters as he and his two puppets are covered in kraken blood and salt water. "Gaaa! This will need to be cleaned off quickly! This salt could cause terrible corrosion to Colpo. Urgh." Looking up at the captains approach, he manages a thin smile at the man, then turns to Lirith. "Maybe he know something we don't. Or maybe he figures that if we can drive off a bunch of kraken, we can handle anything." He begins looking over the puppets, gripping about the kraken blood in the joints and salt water on Colpo's firing mechanism.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827