New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Default Calling All Clones IC - Beta

Graduation Daycycle, 0915

It's been a long, grueling time, going through this additional training, but the end is now in sight. And the benefits are worth it, too, a promotion to Red clearance! Clearly you have earned the trust of The Computer. Life is only going to be easier from here on out!

You look around, seeing the other dozen or so fellow citizens who have made it this far with you. Some workers from PLC start moving among the class, presenting each of you with your new (well, new-ish) Red jumpsuit to replace your infrared-clearance black one. The presiding officer, Quentin-Y-4, starts a speech welcoming you to your new responsibilities in the glorious service to The Computer, when a messenger comes into the room and starts whispering into his ear. Quentin-Y-4 calls out a few members of the class, including you, to step into the next room with the messenger.

The messenger says nothing, but hands each of you a note, and a box. The note reads:

Friend Citizen!

Congratulations on attaining Red clearance! The Computer is pleased with your efforts and wishes to remind you that [DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]. Because of this, The Computer has determined that from this day forward, you shall be reassigned to the ranks of its most trusted Troubleshooters.

Please report to briefing room TQW-32A12 at 0930 today for your first assignment.

Each box contains standard Troubleshooter gear:

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Laser Pistol
    2 Laser Barrels (red)
    1 Reflec Armor (red)
    25 plasticreds

The time is now 0925, and TQW sector is at least 10 minutes away.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-05-22 at 09:25 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Calling All Clones IC - Beta

Reginald-R-01

Reginald takes the supplies given to him and begins his trek to the meeting room. Once out of the current room, he will begin running. Friend computer would not like it if he were late.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

ERS-R-1 enters the next room and resignedly reads the message. Finished, she strips out of her infra-red jumpsuit and slips into her new red one, pulls her reflec armor over that, and attaches the laser barrel to her new blaster before sheathing it at her belt.

That done she quickens her pace and tries to think of a shortcut.

For GM eyes only
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll=Habitat Engineering]1d20+7[/roll]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2008-05-22 at 11:55 AM.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

WILY-R-01 leaves the room to examine the contents of the box. She smiles knowing that the computer knows that she can be trusted and quickly heads to the assigned room.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Spark-R-1

Spark smiles softly as he reads the note, taking the box with him as his other classmates and himself are lead into the next room. He quickly pulls on his new jumpsuit and Reflec Amour as he pockets the Plasticreds. With a soft ‘click’ he eases a Laser Barrel onto his Pistol, not wanting to be unprepared for his first mission.

He makes his way to the service areas between this sector and sector TQW, areas that he’d known a bit from his repair work in Power Services, hoping that his knowledge of the service areas as well as his quickness would scrape off the extra minutes needed to reach the briefing room in time to report for his first assignment. He was proud to be so lucky to have an assignment so quickly, and he hoped that his work would please The Computer.
    Last edited by Ran_Endlathall; 2008-05-23 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Paragraph Spacing
    Caliel, The Golden Prince
    Calling all Clones - Beta Team, Cast of Characters
    ---
    ~For every Light there must be Shadow,
    For every Hope there is Despair.
    For deep in Dreams do live the Nightmares,
    And in darkness, we are there.~

6. - Top - End - #6

Janis-R-1

Janis quickly pulls on his new jumpsuit and dons his Reflec Armor, counting the seconds as they pass. Jamming the plasticreds and a laser barrel in his pocket, he walks briskly out of the room. Once in the hall, he begins running as he finishes affixing the barrel to his laser pistol, and heads toward TQW sector the fastest way he knows how.

GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Habitat Engineering - (1d20+7)[11]
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

7. - Top - End - #7

Briefing Room TQW-32A12, 0934

Panting and sweating from racing to the briefing room, each of you arrives not more than a few seconds apart. The room is spacious, with a lone, distinguished looking man in a green jumpsuit sitting at one end with a small table in front of him. He is reviewing a small stack of computer printouts and doesn't even look up as you enter the room.

A quartet of blue-clad Vulture Squadron guards lean against the opposite wall (where the door is), and one of them sneers, "try to be on time in the future, cherries, if you survive that long.".

An awkward silence follows, until finally the man at the far end looks up. He speaks with a pronounced lisp. "Oh, you're here... ith it that time already?" He stands and starts pacing back and forth in front of the five of you. "I am Travith-G-5, and am pleathed, quite pleathed, to thee that theveral of you were memberth of the armed forthes before becoming troublethooerth. Great thervith branch... buildth character! And, ath for you otherth... well... try and learn from the real cloneth on your team.

"Your athhinement will be to deliver this package,"
    he gestures to a small case sitting on the table, "to Mithhelle-G-4 of HPD&MC in thector NQQ. Be thure to let no one exthept Mithhelle-G-4 thee ithh contenth or in any other way hinder the delivery. You may now thpeak, and I will anthwer your quethionth about thith mithhion."
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-05-28 at 12:10 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Reginald-R-01

Reginald snaps to a quick salute, as only an armed forces trained troubleshooter can.

"You have my personal gaurantee that no one will gain access to this box save for Mithelle-G-4" he says, without a hint of a smile as he mimics the lisp.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Wily-R-1

She silently accepts the mission with a nod and is planning her best course of action.

10. - Top - End - #10

ERS-R-1

Thank you sir, says ERS. Is there anything in particular we need to know about the package in order to ensure that it reaches its destination safely and with minimal civilian casualties?

11. - Top - End - #11

Janis-R-1

Janis nods a little violently, keeping his mouth tightly shut and his hands behind his back.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Spark-R-1

“Yes, of course…” Spark takes a moment catching his breath, not at ease with the Vulture Squad in the room, but not showing anything but the utmost happiness to be doing the mission.
    ---

13. - Top - End - #13

Travis-G-5 glares at Reginald-R-1, shuffles through his papers, and makes an annotation on one while muttering "inthubordinate".

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who cares to check may notice that he marks this on Janis-R-1's sheet, not on Reginald-R-1's.

"Ah," he says, looking at ERS-R-1, "very good quethion, Wily-R-1. Unfortunately, that informathion ith clathhified. Juthh keep it out of the handth of anyone exthept yourthelveth... and the rethipient, of courth!"

He refers again to his printouts. "Before you go, we need to have a team thructure in plathe. Firtht ith Mithhion Leader, that would be you, ERTH-R-1," he says, handing Janis-R-1 a bag containing a half dozen extra red laser barrels. Then he turns to Reginald-R-1. "Thpark-R-1, you are the Communicationth and Recording Offither," he continues, handing Reginald-R-1 a Multicorder Mark I.

To Janis-R-1, he says, handing over a filled-out requisition form, "Reginald-R-1, you are the Equipment Offither. It ith your duty to see after all equipment ithhued your team."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception DC 15 check to notice that Travis-G-5 slipped an additional note to Janis-R-1 along with the requisition form

"Wily-R-1," he says to Spark-R-1, "you are the Hygiene Offither." Spark-R-1 is given a hygiene kit. "And finally, our Loyalty and Happinethh Offither ith Janith-R-1," said to ERS-R-1, who receives a small supply of mixed pills.

Spoiler
    Show
    10 doses of Gelgerine (Inner Happiness), 5 doses of Visomorpain (Little Black Friend), 5 doses of Sandallathon(Sleepy-Sleepy), 10 doses of Xanitrick (Wakey-Wakey), and 5 doses of Pyroxidine (Wide-Awake)

"Now, it ith time for you to complete your mithhion! Let nothing delay or hinder you, and keep watch for thothe who might theek to dithrupt thith important delivery!"

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Reginald-R-1

"Have you reassigned our names as well, friend Travis? You seem to be referring to us as names that we were not given previously. For instance, you referred to me as Spark-R-1 and my name is Reginald-R-1. Or it was before you reassigned it to that person there..." he points to Janis.

15. - Top - End - #15

Janis-R-1

Janis quickly pockets his papers, and says hesitantly (without making eye contact with anyone for more than a moment), "I'm sure Travis-G-5 has a very good reason for everything he does, and-and it's not your place to question him!" Janis' voice get more confident as he speaks the last few words.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Travis-G-5 pays no attention to Reginald-R-1. The Vulture Squad team stops leaning against the walls, and look even more menacing than before.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

17. - Top - End - #17

ERS

ERS nods. That's right friend Spark-R-1. As Team Leader I won't have one of my subordinates delaying our glorious mission for such a trivial manner, especially one that's obviously based on their own delusions. I'm afraid your happiness levels are of insufficient quantity, please take these. Her eyes are on Reginald as she speaks, and she hands him not one but two doses of Sandallathon. She then gives Janis a pointed look and speaks in a flat tone while holding out the remaining supply of medicine. Trade friend Janis.

18. - Top - End - #18

Janis-R-1

Whatever you say, friend.
    Janis hands over the bag of extra laser barrels, and accepts the medkit.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

ERS

ERS flashes a smile at Janis. Looking quizzically at the bag with no handles, she holds her laser pistol to it and shoots a hole in each side, and then slips her arm through the new holes so that it fits securely about her shoulder.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Reginald-R-1

"As my name is Reginald and I am the Equipment officer for this mission, I will see to it that all equipment is redistributed to the correct official, once we leave this office... Please, let us leave now before we delay the mission any more." he says, clutching the pills in his hand.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Spark-R-1

Spark glances at the Vulture Squad.
    “We can sort things out on the way, we have a mission to do!” He says firmly, nodding thankfully to Travis-G-5 before heading towards the door, waiting a bit for the team. He’s slightly confused by all of this, but has good faith that Friend Computer is just testing them on their first mission and that petty squabbling will be looked down upon as well as lingering here too long. The Vulture Squad is also really making him nervous, though he’s trying to not let it show as he smiles warmly to the rest of his group, gesturing to the door.
    Last edited by Ran_Endlathall; 2008-05-29 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Slight spelling issues
    ---

22. - Top - End - #22

Janis-R-1

Janis looks grateful at the chance to leave, and heads for the door.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

ERS

ERS goes out into the hallway as well. Alright, Spark, you take point, Reginald, center, you other two guys, right and left flank, and Janis, you're with me in the rear. Oh and take your pills Reginald, your hallucinations are doubtless a symptom of insomnia.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Spark-R-1

Spark Nods to ERS, moving to the front of the group as they file out of the office.
    “Name’s Spark, as he said. Glad to be working with you all. Oh, Janis, anything on the Requisition sheet that we need to pick up? If we’re going to be issued supplies we should acquire them before heading to sector NQQ.” He says turning back, remembering that Travis-G-5 handed Janis the requisition forms before heading out. Spark looks considerably more comfortable to be out of that room, understandably.
    “I’m not that bad with a Multicorder, mind passing it to the front so that we don’t miss anything? I think I was supposed to be the Comm. officer, but I’m not too sure on that.”
    ---

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Reginald

"'Corder's all yours. Name's Reginald... Used to be in the Armed Services." He nods to Spark, handing him the Mulirecorder. He slowly raises the pills to his mouth, speaking just before he puts them in... "I believe I'm the equipment officer for this mission. Let's make sure we all know what we're supposed to have..." and he swallows the pills.

Spoiler
    Show
    WTF does that do to me?

26. - Top - End - #26

Janis-R-1

I believe these are supposed to be yours, then, Reginald, says Janis as he hands over the requisition papers (but not the other note, which he left in his pocket). He is also visibly more comfortable out of the presence of the higher-ups.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Wily-R-01

Still is saying nothing. Just watching her fellows and accepting whatever is given.

28. - Top - End - #28

Reginald-R-1 is unable to take the offered papers, because seconds after swallowing the pills, he collapses into a heap on the ground.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

29. - Top - End - #29

ERS

ERS takes the requisition papers and reads over them, and then nods over at Spark. You can carry him.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Spark-R-1

“It’ll be a little challenging to keep Reginald up and I’m not sure if I can keep point with him, but I’ll try.” Spark pockets what he’s holding to help Reginald up, easing his shoulder under Reginald’s arm for support.
    ---