New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Red Hand Of Doom IC

The man across the table of the bar shakes his head in agreement and hands over the agreed upon amount. Remember, we want you to clear out the keep itself, but keep the damage to a minimum. And while you can keep almost anything you happen to find, the deed is mine. The rest of the group is should be leaving by the west gate tomorrow. Good luck.
    The man then set a few gold piece on the table and leaves, and several armed men follow him out. You finish your meal, and head up to your rooms, already thinking what to pack.

You hear the soft chirp of birds in the morning air, and know that you need to get on the road soon. You wearily get out of your tent and set about preparing to break camp. As you work, you remember that today is your last day on the road before you hit Drellin's Ferry and can get on with the job.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-05-23 at 02:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Red Hand Of Doom IC

Staring into my haversack, I go over the list of items in my head that I might need. Finally, I close up the Haversack. I think I'm set. Thinking of the treasure I might find I hop onto my cart. I'll be waiting here, so do what you need to do.
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-05-23 at 03:50 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Feeling weak I crawl out of the tent and take a breath of fresh air. Glancing around I feel uneasy as blue sockets stare blankly at me. "Hey there Shield, sleep well? haha..."-Lucky tool doesnt have to sleep....doesnt have to wake up, doesnt feel fatigue- I mumble as I drag myself upto a bowl of water. I cup my hands and splash some into my face.

4. - Top - End - #4

MonkGuy

Hey Glyn, did you have nightmares or something? You look shakey. I hop off my cart and walk over to Glyn.

5. - Top - End - #5

Feeling fresh from the cool water, I finaly fully open my narrow, keen eyes. Deep, green starbursts reflect the bright sun's gaze.
    "I'm just not a morning person, sorry. Hey, I left my shoes back in my tent could you get them for me?"
    Last edited by Brandeath; 2008-05-23 at 04:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

MonkGuy

Sure. I walk into Glyn's tent and pick up his shoes. They remind me of drow shoes, but only slightly. Leaving the tent I ask myself why I just ran an errand for a sorcerer, but put that negative thought aside by asserting that he was a fellow adventurer.
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-05-23 at 04:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Shield sat on a tree stump nearby, from which he had kept watch the night before. Eyes facing away from the fire, he thought, so as not to ruin his night vision. He remembered the training from his instructors all those years ago, and wondered if any of them were still alive. "Not Likely..." he muttered to himself, realizing that no human could still be alive after the 200 years he'd been away from Cyre.

He surveyed the tiny camp, taking stock of his current comrades: Korren was there, though that was to be expected: Shield hadn't left Korren's side for many years. The young man was his charge, ever since Shield had saved his life in that tavern many seasons past. The shorter companion that he'd known longer than any of the others, save Korren, Anji was rustling through his haversack. Though the target of much verbal abuse, Anji was a trusted companion to both Korren and Shield, and had helped them out of a tight spot more than once. Shield smiled in the general direction of "Short-stack."

The others, who had joined them at the tavern many nights ago, were completely unknown to him, though these past few days on the road, he had gotten to know them slightly better.

Shield checked the Fullblade at this side. The Warforged made it a point of pride to keep his weapon in perfect condition, though it required a lot of work to do so, seeing as how the past few months he'd done much more than his fair share of fighting. He glanced down at the long gash that remained in his chest from the fight with the Dark Elves and their ilk. The mark left on him from a raging warrior's greataxe stretched from his left shoulder down to his waist. "Not that it matters much," Shield thought to himself. He was a Warforged, a warrior created to fight, and he served no other purpose in his life yet to do so. And even for a Warforged, he fought well. That was the reason he'd been inducted into an honor guard for one of Cyre's many political figures. The memories of that part of his life came flooding back to him...A snow-covered valley...hulking behemoths of metal...a flood of snow...darkness...that voice...

Shield snapped out of his daze, and back into reality as the receding whispers of that voice left him. He hefted his weapon onto his back, and made ready to help the others break down camp.

"Rise and shine, comrades, we must depart soon so as to make the most of the daylight."

8. - Top - End - #8

MonkGuy

I cast my gaze in Shield's direction. I had known Shield and Korren from several previous adventures where, although putting up with several annoying nicknames, I had a lot of fun. Shield! What's up? It's rare to see you in such deep thought.

9. - Top - End - #9

Grabbing the shoes that Anji handed me, these shoes were special, they were from my first kill, a drow, who had attacked me when I was younger. After putting on my shoes I turn to look behind to the voice that spoke. I relize that Shield may not be staring at me, but for his eyes which have no pupils have no indication of what he is looking at.
    Last edited by Brandeath; 2008-05-23 at 04:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Shield glanced towards the Halfling. "I was just remembering something from a long time ago, my friend." The automaton smiled at his smaller companion. He wondered how the Halfling did it. He'd seen amazing feats of power that not even Korren could explain, performed by Anji, including disappearing in thin air, and blasting opponents from hundreds of feet away. Needless to say, Shield had been quite impressed by the array of powers the Halfling effortlessly employed. "You should rouse the others, we need to break camp soon."
    Last edited by ZOMGoubeaux; 2008-05-23 at 04:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nebraska crawled out of his tent, putting on his worn, brown hat. "Yeah, rise and shine," he muttered sarcastically. He was never much of a morning person, and this morning was no different. He quietly and slowly packed his things, put on his armor, and walked over to Shield, waiting for the others in the group to be ready to leave.

12. - Top - End - #12

MonkGuy

I'd rather not rouse Korren, he tends to lash out at the first person he see's in the morning. I sigh, thinking about how I had first met Korren and Shield, long ago while delivering a pipe organ with my trusty mule, Bill. The sound of angry muttering caught my ear and I turned to see the source. It wa Nebraska, another of the adventurers hired for this expedition. I new little about him, but felt some respect for him as a fellow treasure seeker. Nebraska! You all set?
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-05-23 at 04:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nebraska turned around to look at Anji. "Yeah, I'm all set. You?"

14. - Top - End - #14

MonkGuy

I'm waiting for you all. I called back back to Nebraska. I would try talking him into dealing in rare items with me later.

15. - Top - End - #15

MonkGuy

Korren! I called toward the one of the last two unopened tents.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A moan of disgruntled acknowledgment issued from Korren's tent. He stumbled out and gave a quick wave to the rest of the party. Korren had never been a morning person, but this was a particularly dismal one. He smiled at Shield, always taking solace in knowing his friend guards him at night. He tussled his hair, checked his clothing, and stuffed his tent unceremoniously into his haversack. As a quick wake up, Korren opened his belt sack and took a quick nip at the hidden contents.

17. - Top - End - #17

MonkGuy

Is Gore Dog awake yet? I asked.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Hey! Halfpint!", Korren calls, "Do you have first breakfast ready?"

19. - Top - End - #19

MonkGuy

I'm not your cook!
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-05-23 at 06:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Breakfast?" Nebraska's face lit up. "I didn't know food was provided on this little trip!" Nebraksa clapped his hands together and rubbed them exitedly.
    Last edited by Pakiti; 2008-05-23 at 06:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Shield loosed a loud guffaw at the acquired nickname Anji had received after their first adventure together.

22. - Top - End - #22

Turning back to his bowl of water he moisten and styles his hair. The beams of sunlight sparkle off his face as his face turns to the sweet scent of tobacco, filling his nose with the smell of a delicious fire. His thoughts trail back to his teenage years with Alanya and Roland. His father, a Forestlord elf, lolling around smoking from his pipe while his mother, Alanya, was cooking a boar his father killed that very morning. The shouts about him pull his mind back to now. Good morning Korren.

23. - Top - End - #23

MonkGuy

Fine! I yelled exhasperatedly. I'll make you food if you give me ingredents.

24. - Top - End - #24

MonkGuy

I used my special ability to Charm three small birds I saw in a tree. I took a moment to pray for the small creatures, then I broke their necks. Shield, light a fire would you?
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-05-23 at 06:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

"We may have to hold on breakfast, or at least eat something on the road, we need to make it to Drellin's Ferry if we want to clear out the keep as soon as possible," Shield stated, twitching slightly with excitement for doing what he did best: Fight.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

---[OOC: Post made void by Blaine editing a previous post]---
    Last edited by Pakiti; 2008-05-23 at 06:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

MonkGuy

Fine. I said, plucking the feathers off the birds. When I had finished my task, I used some flint, steel and tinder to cook the birds on a spit. Half an hour later the birds were fully cooked and ready to eat. If anyone wants them, they're here.
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-05-23 at 07:50 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Glynthinx walked over, picked up a bird and began to eat, having not paided attention to the way the birds were killed. This is good. He looked aroud seeing no one enjoying this meal with him.Are you guys going to join me? If not may I have yours?
    Last edited by Brandeath; 2008-05-23 at 06:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Shield quickly averted his gaze from the young half-elf. He didn't know the youngling very well, but he had never liked watching the fleshier races consuming food. It still was wondrous to him, but he had realized that he often ended up staring at them in fascination. He instead switched his thoughts to the task at hand: Clearing out Drellin's Ferry for their employer.

30. - Top - End - #30

MonkGuy

Is Gore Dog ever gonna wake up? I said exhasperatedly I want to start heading out.
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-05-23 at 06:56 PM.