New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Red Hand Of Doom IC

Ferry
    With both of you pulling, the task goes much quicker, taking only 4 more minutes to pull the ferry to the other side.

Speaker's House
    Well, then, if I thinks thats all we can do for today. You could visit the circle tomorrow morning, and then later that day set out. Thank you again for this assistance, and goodbye.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Tired and ready to go to sleep, Anji thanks the Speaker for the explaination of the situation and exits the house. Crossing the street to the inn, Anji reflects on the events that had transpired today. At least it should be just as interesting tomorrow. he thought as he entered the inn. Inquiring the manager as to the room that his friend had reserved, Anji walks into the room, climbs into the bed, and goes to sleep thinking about what fate would hold in store for him tomorrow.
    Last edited by Zato-1; 2008-06-20 at 06:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

"All right. Now all we need is a rock or a tree or something to tie this to the bank." Nebraska looked around for one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    "Bring on the 4e, bring on the in game options. I loved sitting around tinkering with character builds for hours, but I don't think I'll miss it much. I'm having too damn much fun actually playing the game!"
    -JDillard

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

You find a lack of good trees or stones, but the ferry docks on this side could probably be used.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, right. The docks. Nebraska thought, feeling rather stupid as he tied the ferry to the dock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Rope check (with inspiration for good measure) (1d20+15)[23]
    Inspiration points used: 1
    Inspiration remaining: 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    "Bring on the 4e, bring on the in game options. I loved sitting around tinkering with character builds for hours, but I don't think I'll miss it much. I'm having too damn much fun actually playing the game!"
    -JDillard

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Shield helps Nebraska tie the ferry to the dock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid another (1d20+1)[16]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Korren bids the Speaker and Sorrana good evening and leaves the house. He heads straight to the Inn, up to his room, removes his armor, and gets good and comfy on the floor beneath Anji's bed, using his pack as a pillow. He also puts his sword in prime position to grab and slice at the ankles of any intruders.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Halfling in the Playground

Finally able to go to sleep, I walk up to my room and into my bed.

"C'mon Glyn! If we don’t hurry we will miss the fireworks!!" called Myriatha, looking up at me from the road. This was our last time seeing each other before I had to head out to Kergan's Academy for the Arcane Arts for my last year of training. I ran to her side and then the fireworks started, it was amazing. Turning to look at Myriatha I saw her staring at the show above with wonder and awe, her eyes were reflecting every burst of color, trapping the moment within the depths of her emerald eyes. I move my hand to touch hers, and when we touch-

I wake up from my hand moving. A fleeting hope moves through me as I look around the room to see if she was really here. But she's not. I lie back down and try to sleep.
    Last edited by Brandeath; 2008-06-23 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Adding character background.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Default On Hold

Nebraska
    The knot seems secure, and but you begin to feel the events of the day catching up to you, and the thought of a nice bed at the inn seems very attractive.
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-07-21 at 09:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Gore, tired from the day's events, goes to the inn for a well deserved sleep.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

After a job well done, Shield turns to Nebraska and says, "Let's get back to the inn. You need your rest, and I don't particularly enjoy being away from Korren for this long."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Good Idea." Nebraska returned to the inn with shield and passed out in his bed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebraska James
    Damian Vee'ral
    -JDillard

13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

That night, Anji had an odd dream involving him killing a giant spider. It was an odd dream that took place in New Zealand, wherever that was.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Suddenly, Koren awakens to the sound of the rooster's crow destroying his eardrums. He slowly rolls out from under the bed, checks his belongings, and decides to leave the others to wake in their own time. Good morning Shield, he says as he begins to walk down the stairs. He sits at the bar of the inn and orders a breakfast as cordially as possible. Excuse me, can I get the cure for Dionysus' curse? The Barkeep looks at him quizzically, but plays along. What, pray tell, curse are you lookin' to cure lad? Remembering that he is far more traveled than his server, Korren rephrases his question. Best food for a "darn it whats the word, whats the western word Korren" Ah! Hangover, what is the best food for a hangover? The barkeep smiles and hands a plate over with some sliced apple and hard boiled eggs. Koren thanks the man, pays his copper, then proceeds to sit at a nearby table and enjoy his curse cure.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The world around Koren suddenly shifts. Things become less concrete and sharp and it takes his eyes to adjust. He looks at the barkeep, who untill now had been meticulously cleaning a glass, and finds that he has stopped to stare at the chime-clock on the wall. The clock just stopped for three seconds, he said in an almost drol tone. Koren observed the silence in the room, then began to eat his food again. He didn't know what had just happened, but it felt as if the Gods had just held their breath.