New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

Nuale

She had arrived slightly early, rather than later. Lateness was not a habit permitted in a slave. She was her own person now, of course, but after careful consideration, she'd seen no reason to stop being punctual. It was a good habit to have, especially for somebody fending for herself; she needed to carve out a solid life for herself in the next few years. Which meant working hard here; she'd be better off for it.

Early or not, the assistant (an older student, she wondered?) was already greeting people. She introduced herself (simply Nuale; she hadn't taken a surname yet, and wasn't sure if or when she would), and inspected the room, which was perfectly livable; like the room of an inn, and a nice one at that. Given that it was costing less than taking an inn room and meals for the same amount of time, that was quite good. Quite good. Unpacking her belongings hadn't taken more than a few minutes; she was used to travelling light. What magic she had—a few parchments' worth—went in the desk drawer.

And of course, once she was asked whether she had any questions, she found she didn't have any. Nuale was sure there were things she would think to ask later, but actually being asked seemed to wipe them from her mind. Funny how that happened. After a moment of thought, she'd simply said, "I'll ask later if I think of anything. For now, I think I'll look around the campus."

And that had been that. It was another of her habits to know her way around the place where she'd be living, and given how much she had moved around, she was pretty good at that. She liked the campus, which was neatly laid out and easier to keep track of than part of a city was; the walls would make it easier to find individual buildings, she thought. And after a few minutes, her loop around the campus brought her back close to the dining hall just as a group of people was entering from the direction of the dorms, the lab assistant (Gorlon) among them. Time to eat, and to start meeting people, I suppose. I'll be living near them, so I had better.

She follows the others in at the tail end of the group, speaking up as they move towards the buffet table. "Are you all new to the school, then?" she asks, drawing attention to herself. It was always a little tricky to meet a group of people all at once, especially if they all knew one another—but she'd caught the tail end of an introduction, so perhaps they didn't.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Liam

The tall man doesn't have to strain much to see over the group and catch sight of some others. I thought she had merely been speaking of her brother, but that must be him. There also was another girl, quite comely, but perhaps shy like the halfling who was attatching herself to the back of the party. "Atan... Nuale, I am Liam. Welcome to our cohort of the univeristy." He drops back in the newly forming line, positioning himself next to Nuale. "I think we are all new here, I'm here to study general magic... no specialization. What of yourself?" He smiles at the girl.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-05-26 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Epimetheus...
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Nuale

She mulls over how to answer that. "I suppose you might call it theoretical magic? I know enough to puzzle out most spells, but it takes me a while, and casting them doesn't really interest me." She shrugs; that was probably a definite minority opinion here. But it was good to have her guess that they were also new students affirmed. Although come to think, even if they were older, they'd still have been neighbors and fellow students. "It's good to meet you, Liam." She hesitates over whether to offer a hand in greeting, then does so anyway, erring on the side of politeness.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Liam

Liam takes the proffered hand and smiles, "Actually, that's one of my main areas of interest. Studying arcane lore and the power of the Weave, which underlies all magic." He shrugs, "Though I have to admit, I do like spellcraft as well." He looks at Nuale, "So, where are you from? I'm actually from this area myself... my father has his business in Suzail."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2008-05-26 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Epimetheus...
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lirt

Lirt and the gnome walk toward the dining hall easily catching up with the rest of the group which while filled with taller faster races is a larger group and everyone knows that large groups travel slower than anything else, much like a caravan. As the passel of new students push their way into the dining hall a small but loud a clear voice calls out cheerilyExcuse me! Clear the way! Women and small folk first! This is punctuated by the swift jabbing of a small finger into a knee or thigh. As you turn to see what it is a small mop of darkbrown hair swiftly scoots by you with a barely audible Thank you.

As the halfling skirts and pokes his way to the front of the food line and collects himself a tray of food, you see him point at one of the over large casks of ale on the back wall See that one, don't drink that one. Their hops have 'black flake' a nasty hop fungus. He points at the next keg This one is good stuff, but its impure. The last word is said like a curse They use corn malt to give it that extra bite, impure. The next keg mark is eyed critically Nothing wrong with the Golden Forest brews, just boring and weak, but nothing wrong.

Ahh, I knew it was there. See that next one, that's mine.
    He points to a cask with symbol of a simple house with 2 crossed stalks of barley behind it. I knew they wouldn't be paying me tutition with just gold. Ol' Master Thomil wouldn't let them, no way.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-05-26 at 05:17 PM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trahone

The sudden noise and increase of population in the common room seemed to have made Trahone fall silent. He nods his greetings to each newcomer. This is slightly too many people to meet at once. I would much rather meet them in smaller groups. About the size of my scout group is good. Two to three of us. That is really good to gather information. Was that a flying a roast chicken? Man, I am so hungry I must be hallucinating. Or maybe it is another illusion? Why can't it be like back at the fort, let out a holler to let people know food is ready?

The movement out of the room wakes Trahone from his thoughts. Answering Aaren "Familiars do seem nice. I am not sure whether or not I want one though." He sees and listens Gorlon introduce the new student. At least I am not the only one scared about this experience. Thankfully my training has helped deal with fear better than others. I should help her since it seems she has not had that training. After most of the group heads toward the dining hall, Trahone approaches the new student.

"It is fine to be nervous or scared about a new experience. I know that I am. This is all very new to me. My name is Trahone. Let me help you with your bags and then we can head to the dining hall."
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

Thank you Caracol for my avatar.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Weston

Weston entered the dining hall and got out a plate. Then, he filled his plate up with vegetables and fish and a large glass of green tea.

To be honest, he didn't like the taste of vegetables or tea for that matter... like many people he had a good fondness for sweets and meaty foods like mashed potatoes and gravy... or sweet juices or other things.

But his mentor had insisted that anyone who wishes to practice the magic arts has to have a vitamin-rich diet. Vegetables are brain food and a wizard needs brains to practice his craft... and tea helps keep you young and healthy.

Looking down at the unappetizing dish of flavorless 'health food' he cracks a little smile... the same smile his own mentor had cracked when he had first set him down to eat a meal with him.

"Prestidigitation." he says and waves his hand a little over the plate of vegetables and fish then a little over his tea.

With a fork he stabs a bit of spinach now turned a golden brown like steak. Plopping it in his mouth he savors its flavor and takes a sip of green-tea now cooled, flavored, and colored like red wine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

When Trahone helps her with her bags, she looks up at him. "Thank you, you are very nice."

Quote Originally Posted by AngelForm View Post
    Bowing to the shy halfling Azurous names himself “Nice to meet you Elda Tealeaf my name is Azurous, son of Merithra and Nihil. I hope we can be friends.”
    Thank you, I'l like that too., she replies. She even joins your discussion of necromancy, using a short pause to throw in "Actually, I wanted to be a healer. But my father said every fool can be a cleric, because it doesn't take brains to believe, and I should use my talents better." She beams widely, obviously proud at her achievement.

She gets in line with you, stepping on the small bench set before the buffet so people her size can reach the food, and fills her plate. She seems to have a healthy appetite for someone her size.

Gorlon excuses himself: "I'll just go over and sit with my friends. Enjoy yourselves and see you later at the dorm."

9. - Top - End - #69

Atan

Atan cracked a smile as one of his fellow students 'prepared' his food with a little magic. While he appreciated the trick, he had learned to live without it essentially to spite his parents. Certainly, Uncle Vanya never used magic for such trivialities. Food was food. In his current ravenous state, the school's kitchens were more than sufficient. Even if he could have cast the spell, he wasn't sure he would bother. Now that he stopped to think about it, the food was actually quite good. The meat was a bit sparse, but the carrots and cabbage were cooked just enough to be tender, and the soup was well seasoned. The tea wasn't his mother's particular blend, but it was more than passable. As he finished his plate, he moved to fetch another. Joining the line at the end, he noticed some of the crowd from the dormitory, chatting among themselves.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Aarenil

My, but it's getting crowded now! Aarenil stops mid-sentence as Liam slips to the back to meet the newcomer, and then changes his line of thought to engage Minya, Atan, and Elda. "Oh! Are you interested in the morality of magic too? I've always found the "magic is a tool used by its wielder" metaphor to be apt, but there has been some excellent scholarly work done on the subject of necromancy showing that it does indeed draw from some evil source to work..." His face turns red again. "Err... Mind you Elda, that wanting to be a healer is a noble goal indeed. The healers in my part of Silverymoon have saved my mother quite often." And besides, what do I know? Dragon crap.

Aarenil sits at the table closest to the buffet line, waiting to see who sits with him. A slow grin spreads across his face. "Hey! Did anyone else realize that there isn't any chicken today! And I got all hungry for that too." As he adjusts his sword again, he remembers the first thing he has to do after lunch. He waves Liam and Trahone over as they enter, and welcomes any one else who wishes to sit with him.
    Last edited by OneFamiliarFace; 2008-05-26 at 08:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Epsun Penderdark

Gnome legs were short enough before the weight of the breastplate. Still, slow and steady lasts a lot longer than quick and stupid, and he was here now, and without serious mishap. After a quick nod to the guard, he was through, and surveyed the campus with an appraising eye. With a shrug of approval and a bow toward the temple of Mystra, he headed across the campus, pausing in front of the image.

That's the sort of beasts I'll be fighting some day, Mystra willing. He clutched the hilt of his mace, and studies both figures for a moment, hoping to remember them if he manages to see them in a library book later. Well, better get to the dorm before I'm any later.

When he ushered into the building, he politely interrupts halfway through the man's obviously rehearsed introduction. I'm sure you've done this a dozen times already - if you'd rather just point me in the direction of the room, I'm sure I'll figure it out fast enough. With a quick grab, he snatches the keys out of the air with a smile, and strides down the hall to his room.

No use wasting any time here - let's see who else has shown up so far. He thankfully shed the breastplate, weapons, and pack, and splashed some water on his face in the bathroom. Catching sight of his face in the mirror, he grimaced. Here's hoping people I meet see more than that scar, he thinks, fingering it thoughtfully, then heads out into the hall. Following the general crowd, he soon ends up in he dining hall. Falling in behind two fellows about his own height, he catches the tail end of their exchange.

"Well, far be it from me to slight the family brew. Let me buy one for you two, if that's not...well, a little backwards or anything." He ends with a slight laugh.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: talking to Lirt and the gnome (sincere apologies that I can't remember your name!). Your first impression would be of a dark-haired gnome with a ragged red scar running down his left cheek.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Emmis

"Just one, between the two of us? I do hope you'll at least spring for a second mug so we can split it properly then." Emmis laughs, holding out his hand. His eyes sit on the scar for a moment, before dismissing it. He could ask later, when there weren't a dozen other people around. "Emmis Minas, I'm here to hopefully have a bit of fun and a good deal of learning, mostly illusions I would hope."
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-05-26 at 09:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Nuale

"Out east. Not from around here at all," she says with a slight smile, not bothering to expand upon exactly where. The memory of one particular night at an inn had stuck with her; she'd somehow mentioned that she was Thayan to the innkeeper's wife, and then felt as if she needed to defend herself by mentioning that she was a slave, not a citizen—Thayans were not popular in Aglarond. The woman had been immediately sympathetic; irritatingly so, in fact. Nuale had been bustled into a better room than she'd paid for, bathed, and practically spoon-fed. It had been embarassing, and convinced her that she was probably better off not flaunting her past. Not in front of a whole crowd of people, at any rate. "You probably know your way around here, then? Good; I've only been in Suzail a couple months, and I don't know it very well."

The next minute is spent filling her plate with food and moving to her seat, standing for a second in that peculiar awkwardness one feels when not quite sure where to sit until someone beckons Liam over; she follows, nodding to the others as she sets down her food. "I'm Nuale," she introduces herself, sitting. "New here, like you. I'll be in the first dorm." She glances about to see which of them were to be her closest neighbors for the next few years.

14. - Top - End - #74

Lirt

The halfling quickly shakes teh newly arrived gnomes hands. Carefully balancing his tray on a hand as they walk he slips his hand into his pockets and slips out a couple of wooden tokens. No need to buy for me. I got plenty of free beeer coming. In fact here's one fer each of you. he drops a token onto each of their trays as they all sit down on the edge of the rest of the group of tall folk from the dorm. Grandpa came up with these. Basically at any inn that has served my families brews from a while now will accept them. They are a free beer token. Good for the innkeeper to redeem for free beer from the family, or a discount or some such.

Lirt sees the new halfling, female even and shoots here a wink and a grin. You want to come down here and eat with the regular sized folk?
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Liam

Liam nods to Nuale's responses, and following her in line fills his plate rather full, for such a thin and gangly seeming fellow. He takes a seat at the table and nods to everyone, making sure to note anybody new. "I'm Liam." He smiles and starts in on the fare, which is not-surprisingly better than anyone's cooking he's had before: his fathers, his brothers, or his own.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #76

Epsun, whisper gnome archivist

Well, I'd assumed that "each" was assumed easily enough, but fortunately we won't have to split hairs, not with these tokens. Name's Epsun Penderdark. Illusions, eh? I've heard of them pulling some pretty neat stunts in the hands of a creative spellcrafter, but I must say I prefer spells with a more reliable punch. Actually, I haven't had much experience with arcane magics at all - my interest tend more toward scribing and defining divine magics actually, so I suspect I'll be in a bit of a minority here.

At least the food's not bad, if a bit plain. All you folks in Dorm I, I presume? Someone had already set some belongings down in my room, so I guess my roommate's already arrived.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

17. - Top - End - #77

GnomeWizardGuy

Aarenil, Half-Elf Fighter

Aarenil sits straight, his back flush with the chair. He eats with an angular motion of his arm, hand steady. As the people begin to sit, he waves his spoon in the air and greets them. "Ah, good morning, Nuale. Or is it afternoon by now? I have quite lost track of the time. Anyway, for those I have yet to tell, I am Aarenil Wyche, son of Estrianna and David Wyche, and I've yet to truly begin practicing, rather than studying, the arts. So I, for one, am looking forward to our first year."

As the coin hits his plate, Aarenil smiles. "Ah thank you, generous friend, but I am afraid I can't accept today. 'Never let your senses be dulled by drink or dame.' Mother always was a practical one, though I suppose she was not always polite in her word choice." Of course, a 'dame' would not go unwelcome about now. I am not getting any younger after all. Aarenil smiles wider and holds up the wooden coin to inspect it. "Still, there will come a day when we have no classes, and then this may come in handy. I owe you one." He slides it into his pouch and winks at Lirt, thanking him again.

18. - Top - End - #78

Nazeem Sural
    Nazeem was not normally one to be late, but the carriage had run into difficulties with a pothole on the way, and he had quietly slunk into the dining hall - though it was hard to miss him, what with the large turban perched on his head. That, and the falchion hanging on his left.

After taking a moment to find the other new students of his cohort, he sat down in the closest open spot, his player having been unable to discern which seats exactly weren't taken, with a bowl of vegetable soup and a couple of slices of meat on top.

"Good Morning - or would that be afternoon? I got caught up on the way." he to the group, as he takes his seat with a warm smile. "So, I'm Nazeem, and I'm new this year." he says, holding out a hand to shake.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-05-27 at 01:53 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground

Azurous

Azurous collects his meal just after the apparent brew master. Taking far more food than should be needed by one human, all of it simple and filling. Sitting at the edge of the group he begins to eat. He eats with a furious intensity, quickly devouring his massive meal. Every few seconds there is a pause while a choice peace of meat is handed to Scrya who maintains a watch while his master is engrossed in his food.

It is clear to any onlooker that this is a well practiced system, eating in as short a time as possible while keeping an eye on there surroundings. Perfect for the wild, not quite so appropriate in a collage.

More new people now, came from Scrya. I think I would rather not speak to such a large group and anyway I have introduced my self enough this morning.

Azurous notes one of the other students using magic on his food and shakes his head slightly, waste of power and resources. On reflex he runs through the spells still available to him, a small but satisfying list. Guess I should try and stop thinking like this, I’m not in the wilds anymore. A slightly chiding answer comes as simply always predators everywhere.
    1: Dragon wings are cool
    2: Colour coded dragons is illogical and hypocritical
    3: An angels wings are whatever shape the angel pleases
    4: Ever heard of a "fallen" demon?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trahone, Human Warmage

After collecting his food, Trahone decides to sit on the end opposite of Azurous and Scrya. He eats efficiently and stays alert with the rest of the table. He has some trouble following the conversation so he stays silent. He then notices how the two across from him share the food. For friendship and out of curiousity, Trahone takes a small piece from his meal and offers it to the animal. "Here you go Scrya. You can some from my plate if you want. I am not used to being allowed to take so much."

Then looking up to Scrya's companion, Trahone takes a sip from his mug. "I am sorry if you already told me this but I have a slight habit to forget at times. Do you have a school of magic that want to specialize in? Or do you want to have knowledge in all fields?"
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

21. - Top - End - #81

Azurous Human(-ish) wizard

Scrya accepts the offered food before continuing his vigil. Azurous pauses in his meal, “No I have no specialisation. It is my belief that each school of magic offers something that none of the others can, so ignoring any means that there are things you can never accomplish.”

“You said you where in a military did you not? Do you have much combat experience?” While waiting for an answer Azurous, with Scrya’s help, finish there food clearing the plate with almost frightening speed.
    Last edited by AngelForm; 2008-05-27 at 05:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trahone, Human Warmage

"I have seen a few battles. Never really been in a truly big one. But that is more because of my role than anything else. With my body, I may have the heart of a soldier but the strength of a pup. So I have been trained as a scout. I am usually ordered to run." Trahone pauses to take another bite. "But that does not mean that I always take the quickest route away." He continues with a grin.

He looks at Azurous' plate and shakes his head. "You are going to make yourself sick if you eat any faster. Do you always finish meals so quickly?" To help put his point across, Trahone takes a good size bite and chews it slowly with another grin.

23. - Top - End - #83

Azurous Human(-ish) wizard

Azurous matches Trahone’s grin and replies “I spent a lot of time in the wild with my family so we learned to eat what we could when we could. On top of that I’ve got a trace of dragon blood, all it gives me is the hair and eye colour and my appetite” Seeing something of a kindred spirit in Trahone he continues, “As to your size, don’t worry. All my siblings have natural magic or are true half-dragons, but I will still surpass them just as you will surpass most solders.”

“No big battles, well from what I’ve seen the bigger the battle the more likely it will all come down to which side has the more powerful god like being on there side.” Having finished his meal Azurous prepares for what looks like being a long wait. “I still can’t believe they give two hours for each meal. Wonder when the chancellor will get here?”

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Nuale

"Just before noon last I checked," she replies wryly to Aarenil, nodding a greeting to the half-elf before picking up her fork. She ate at a slower pace than she was used to, out of politeness; meals had always been something to be eaten quickly, lest they be interrupted. So far as she is any judge, the food is fairly good, but she isn't picky about food. Filling was more what mattered to her. Given slightly above-average height and a frame that couldn't really be called slender, the amount she has on her plate, and her appetite, isn't really surprising.

Slow or not, a good deal more of her plate was visible when the newcomer introduced himself, in vaguely familiar accents. Another easterner, Mulhorandi by the look and sound of him. "I believe we all are," she answers Nazeem politely. "Nuale. Did I miss something mesmerizing between the dormitories and the dining hall?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Liam

As he eats, he hears the conversation between Azurous and Trahone. He looks up, hearing one particular phrase. "Azurous... out of curiosity, and holding no ill-feelings toward whatever your own faith might be, I have to ask about what you said. God-like beings? Is it your personal belief that the Gods are not in some way... well, truly Gods? As for myself, I've come to religion later in life because Mystra is so bound up in everything that I study - it's hard to deny the Goddess of the Weave when the Weave is what powers everything we do." He looks at the self-proclaimed half-dragon curiously.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

After you finish your meal you continue talking for a while, until Gorlon slenders over to you. "Looks like you're all set. I'm going back to the dorm to pick up the latecomers. Are you coming?"

You walk leisurely back to the dorm, where a circle has formed in front of the door. A dwarf is holding back another dwarf, who is shouting insults in dwarven at an arrogantly smiling elf. Three other elves watch the scene with mixed feelings on their faces. One of them is whispering insistingly to the first elf. A little off, two humans a traveler's clothes talk to two other humanoids, one of whom would look like an elf were it not for the shimmering scales covering his skin, the other has a blueish skin, and his hair seems to be moved by wind even though the air is calm. As you come closer, you can see a pixie flying in the middle of the second group.

Gorlon slumps a little. "I've been gone for barely an hour, and of course that's the time when everybody shows up. Why don't you go have a look at the campus while I take care of things here? We'll meet in front of the Arcane college before three, so we are in time for the cancellor's speech.", he proposes to you and walks towards the squabbling elf and dwarf. "What's going on here? You know what, I don't even wanna know.", he cuts off both of them when they start to answer him. "Let's all go inside and I'll show you your rooms." As they vanish through the door, he draws a deep breath. "Hello and welcome to the Suzail University of Magic. I am Gorlon, one of the lab assistants. May I ask your names?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Emmis

Emmis boggles at the squabbling people, before laughing quietly as he walks away. He motions to Lirt. "Probably my last day to get in trouble before they give me the spells to really do so. Let's go see where around here is the best place to hide until a storm blows over."

28. - Top - End - #88

Epsun, gnome archivist

Heh, that's a stiff insult, even from an elf, Epsun chuckles as they walk away. I guess we'll be seeing much more interesting fights than that once we all have something more serious to throw around than words.

As Emmis and Lirt seem to be the first leaving, he follows them. Can't be too hard to find a decent layaway in a place this big. I'd imagine the library's a good bet - even if someone catches up to you there, they can't yell at you.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Emmis

"That's a good idea. Besides, it's probably big enough for us to easily get 'lost' in as well."

30. - Top - End - #90

Azurous

Hearing Liam’s question Azurous considers his answer carefully. “Perhaps I could have worded it better, god like power maybe. The gods are indeed an embodiment of something but they are not all-powerful and some other immortal or near immortal beings command comparable strength. I have seen a great wyrm on the war path, the gods may be stronger but in comparison to most beings there is little difference. Any creature that works hard enough and long enough can attain such power but few ever live that long.”

Following Gorlon out and seeing the mob at the dorm Azurous announces “Well I think I will avoid that turmoil for now. Time to get the lay of the land.” Almost at once Scrya asks now can I go scout? I thing we will scout together this time. “Shall we explore the collage while we talk?” he asks Liam and Trahone.