Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 455
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Lirt

    Lirt waves away an apology from Liam, and hands him a mug. With a wink he says You know its free anyway. No payment required. Go drink be merry, and all that jazz.

    Lirt pours Azurous a generous cup with a knowing wink Keep an eye on the lass, you seem a good sort, lets make sure she makes it back to her room safe.

    Anyone watching Lirt sees that he drinks only a few small mugs of beer, keeping his wits about him. He makes sure there are no problems with people through judiscious use of rudeness and cut off anyone who is drinking too heavily. He allows anyone to get drunk but not stumble drunk.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TKDfirefly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In a world gone mad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Trahone

    Entering in time to see the donation by Azurous, Trahone walks into the lounge with his personal mug. "Thank you Azurous. You are too kind." With that, he fills his mug and offers a toast to the adventure ahead. Then to seal the toast he skulls his mug and fills it again. He then joins Azurous and Liam and enjoys their company.

    Being from the military means that Trahone has some experience with beer but never a lot. He drinks a little too much during this celebration. Somehow he manages not to vomit though. He does join in with the singing even though he does not know the song. Instead, he tries to sing a different song to the same beat but fails miserably. It brings a laugh from everyone and then Trahone almost collapses in a chair. On the verge of passing out, his two friends help him to his bed.

    The next morning is not pleasant for Trahone. He has a serious headache and everything is too loud. He skips breakfast to get extra sleep and to soothe his head. He stumbles to his morning lecture about 10 minutes late from his extra sleep.
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

    My Charater:
    Theodore Maxwell Rosenberg

    Thank you Caracol for my avatar.

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Liam Ravenquill

    After a few toasts to everybody, Liam spends a bit of time aside with Azurious and Trahone, as the three have been hanging together more and more often. They have a quiet drunk together, and Liam ends up back in his room being only slightly hungover for the next day.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    harmonictempest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Epsun Penderdark
    Chatting amiably with Simaith about the stickier parts of their exams, Epsun waits until the crowd thins slightly before pushing forward. Perusing the list thoroughly, he grunts in slight surprise. Huh...didn't expect to do that well. Must've picked up more than I thought reading those old stories. Hey, not bad yourself, Sim. Nothing below a B, eh?

    As they walk back toward the dorm, Epsun asks So, you excited for your trip? They have you doing something more exciting than hunting down a few lizards, I trust.

    As they see the party in the kitchen, Epsun moves toward it, whether or not Simaith follows. All right, he exclaims with satisfaction upon seeing the tapped keg. I guess he's lightening up the pantry before it goes bad while we're on the road. Oh, that reminds me, he says out loud. I weaseled a great big cherry tart out of one of the cooks the other day, for snacking, right? But it's definitely going bad if we don't finish it before heading out, so have at it. Hefting the impressively large pastry (size of a large pie) out of the cupboard, he places it on the counter near the beer, happily accepting a small mug.

    He hops up on the counter to better see around the room, and settles down with a happy grin. Chuckling, he says jokingly to Lirt What, you couldn't fit the brewery on the back of a mule and take it with you? I thought you'd at least have the dedication to try.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I paid 3 silver for the tart on my char sheet - is that enough?
    Last edited by harmonictempest; 2008-06-09 at 02:04 PM.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

    Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

    PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

    Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Atan

    After several hours alone in the forest, Atan returned to campus and stowed his gear in his room. He still wasn't his usual cheerful self, but some of the gloom had lifted. Returning to the party in the common room, he saw his sister deep in her cups, and helped Nuale pour her into bed and a similarly inebriated Cerpe onto his perch.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Lirt

    Oh, I can get the brewery on a mule. But any brews that are only half fermented, you really don't want to be moving around. Remember that mess I was moppong up last week, that fragrant mess? Yeah, that was what happens when you move a barrel under pressure from fermenting beer too much. No problems though. I'm really thinking about getting into alchemy, I think I want to brew a hangover free beer...that may be the key. I know I'd make a killing doing that.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Later during your party, Elda comes in. Almost unnoticed, she tries to hide in a corner with a mug of beer. Slowly, as she becomes more inebriated, she loosens up more, and she stays until the party is over, seeming hesitant to go to her room. She'll confide to Minya that she's "sick of that stuck-up forest-sprite", immerdiately afterwards covering her mouth as if she'd said something bad.

    The two dwarfs join your party with already red noses and an inability to speak without being loud. Most of the other students take a peek and a sip or two, but don't stay that long. Most of them tell you that they are going out to Suzail for the evening. Ermus and Kawyn are a noble exception, and join the competition for the most dissonant voice. Ermus loses badly, some might even surmise that he has enjoyed some training in the vocal arts. At some time, he goes to his room and returns with a lute, playing a few popular folk songs for you and encouraging everybody to sing along.

    The next morning brings a common room that looks like a troll lair, a brighter-than-usual sun, and rumors of "a druid who casts neutralize poison for 200 golden lions" and the consideration that you'd only have to scribe 20 scrolls for this. Somehow most of you make it through the day alive, and are glad that the next day is a tenth-day, so you can sleep in. Nazeem, however, is not as used to drinking as you are, and spends most of the day in bed.

    The next day, he looks even worse, developing high temperature, and sweating a lot. Since the Blessed Ormred Honand is away on important business, another priest, an elf going by the name of Azurien, tends to him. He diagnoses Nazeems illness as not very dangerous, and recommends a few days of rest. He later returns, at the request of dean Hilston, and prays for Nazeems early recovery, surprisingly without result. Baffled by this, he admits that there is nothing more he can do for Nazeem before the Blessed returns next week, and that Nazeem will miss the expedition. He reassures you that this disease is not contagious, it must be something that was simmering inside Nazeem for a while and has now broken out. In the evening, the remaining nine of you pack your gear, check your equipment, think about which spells best to memorize, and go to bed early.

    The first-day of this month's last ride, you rise with the sun, get an ample breakfast and, heavily laden with your equipment, meet dean Bighat at the main gate. Five guards stand to the side, holding a good number of horses. "Good morning, all", he greets you. "I see you are well-prepared. I was not sure you would be punctual, so I had ordered a few horses saddled. No harm in using them now, even if we'll be a bit early. You can give your backpacks to the guards, they will load them onto the two pack horses. Here is a writ from the university, signed and sealed, and stating that you are not to be impeded on your assignment. It will serve you as a replacement for a charter on your trip. Any questions? Well then."

    The guard show those of you who have never ridden a horse before how to get up and stay up, and you ride at a placid trot to Suzail. After picking up your mule, you make your way to the dock, where a cog is being loaded. Four men stand there, watching the procedure. They turn upon your arrival, and one of them speaks up: "You must be the young wizards. Welcome, and I'm glad you're early. I am Captain Shaul. We'll be ready to leave as soon as these last barrels are aboard. Why don't I show you the ship, now that everybody's here." He takes you aboard and shows you the cabins, small rooms not even eight foot to a side, with two stacked berths taking up most of the space, barely leaving room for a small locker for every passenger. "That's the king's suite. Six to a room, the other one looks just the same. Enough room for twelve people, I reckon. Share them any way you want, as long as there's some quiet in the night." He gives the two ladies a sleazy grin. "Make yourselves at home, I'm needed on deck." The shortest of the three merchants that were accompanying you takes the chance to greet you. "Good morning, honorable wizards. My name is Elizar Dayen. These two are Lorack Burne and Tomna Finbar. We are merchants on the way to Arabel. If you don't mind, we would like to be together in this cabin. Any of you can join us." He blushes slightly as his gaze falls on the two ladies. "That's not what I meant. Not that we would mind your company, of course. But I am convinced that you are a virtuous as you are beautiful." He bows gentlemanly.

    Your conversation is interrupted by a triple "Anchors aweigh!" - "Anchors aweigh!" - "Anchors aweigh!", and you feel the ground below your feet start to move.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Azurous does not detect any magic on the board with the grades.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Minya

    Before they left the grounds of the University, Minya raised her hand shyly. "Ah, who has the emergency return devices?" She glared at Cerpe's raucous squawk, and growled at him in draconic,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Just because some of us can fly home if we need to doesn't mean we all can, feather-head."

    Quote Originally Posted by Irrealist View Post
    "Good morning, honorable wizards. My name is Elizar Dayen. These two are Lorack Burne and Tomna Finbar. We are merchants on the way to Arabel. If you don't mind, we would like to be together in this cabin. Any of you can join us." He blushes slightly as his gaze falls on the two ladies. "That's not what I meant. Not that we would mind your company, of course. But I am convinced that you are a virtuous as you are beautiful." He bows gentlemanly.
    Minya looked over at Nuale. "What do you think? You, me, and Atan with these gentlemen? I doubt we'll have problems in either cabin, but this one might be quieter," she added.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Emmis

    Emmis grins at the ship as they board. "Ought to be fun. Thankfully I float, since I don't swim very well.""

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I've had odd internet access since Thursday due to traveling and being at the hospital for my fiance's father.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    harmonictempest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Epsun

    Yeah, you'd make a killing all right...squished flat by the stampeding hordes trying to get their hands on it. Espun finishes a few more before the party ends, but keeps it moderate. Watching his classmates the next day, he has plenty of cause to thank Mystra for tough gnomish heads that don't get easily hung over. More alert than most, he puts care into his packing, making sure his possessions are stored neatly and easily retrievable. Leading a rather balky mule who answers (occasionally) to Trimble, he trots aboard, handing off the mule to the crewmen in charge of the animals.

    Quietly following the others, he surveys their meager accomodations. Should be plenty of room - at least for the smaller folk. Answering Minya, he says I've got one of the return devices, as well as the writ to serve as our charter. Didn't see who had the other one, though. He presents both briefly before carefully replacing them in the center of his pack, where they will be well cushioned on all sides.

    Spoiler
    Show
    a) I don't think anyone already said they took the teleport sticks, so Epsun has one, and there's still one unaccounted for.

    b) Epsun *bought* a mule, and mentioned to a few people during the shopping day that he'd be willing to share the mule in return for a spot in someone's tent. Sooo....speak up, and my mule can be the one lugging your tent around instead of you.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

    Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

    PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

    Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AngelForm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Leeds England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Azurous

    Azurous rouse early on the day of departure to prepare his spells properly, in deference to his trust in Trahone’s power he only prepared a single offensive spell, in deference to not being an idiot it is his best offensive spell.

    Azurous dons his new travelling gear and shoulders his pack, as the weight is already considerable Scrya is forced to walk. He leaves his crossbow and bolts in the pack for his time on the boat. He then heads out to the gate. Hearing Minya’s questing he says “I have one of the devises.” Azurous produces said item for the group to see before returning it to his pack.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If someone else wants the stick I have no particular objection. Btw anyone know the weight of a ferret? Wiki says 2lb, this correct?


    When they reach the boat Azurous, Trahone and Liam stand slightly apart from the rest, clearly still part of the group but equally clearly in a group of there own.
    1: Dragon wings are cool
    2: Colour coded dragons is illogical and hypocritical
    3: An angels wings are whatever shape the angel pleases
    4: Ever heard of a "fallen" demon?


    Avatar by Dode

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TKDfirefly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In a world gone mad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Trahone

    On the morning of the trip, Trahone is roused when Azurous prepares his spells. Motioning that it is no trouble to being awake an hour early, he checks over his equipment again. He then reviews what spells he was taught. I hope that I will be able to help my friends. I am very limited when it comes to magic. Azurous has such a variety that he can adapt to the situation.

    Trahone is quieter than usual on the way to the boat. He seems to be concentrating on the mission. When the news of sharing rooms was mentioned, he awoke from his daze to truly see his fellow travelers. Upon hearing Minya suggestion on rooms, "That sounds like a decent arrangement." With that he turns and goes above deck. Trahone stands at the rail and watches the dock slip farther and farther away from the cog.
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

    My Charater:
    Theodore Maxwell Rosenberg

    Thank you Caracol for my avatar.

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Liam Ravenquill

    Liam agrees with the arrangement of cabins and carefully stows his equipment in his locker and goes back up to the top. He walks forward to the officer of the watch (whether it be one of the mates or the captain) and waits respectfully until he is acknowledged.

    When whatever officer in question indicates he has a moment, Liam steps forward and bows his head slightly. "Your pardon, sir. I've been cooped up with my studies for several weeks now, and I've nothing that needs to be done til we arrive. I've worked my whole life in a livery, and I'm not a stranger to hard work. I would just as soon volunteer to help with the crew as be an idle passenger, if you can use an untrained hand, that is."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    The_Snark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Nuale

    Nuale nods, smiling slightly at the last comment. "That suits me. Thank you for the offer, master Dayen." They would be sharing the cramped rooms either way, after all, and the merchants were polite enough that she wouldn't worry about them.

    She removes her pack, placing it in the locker carefully. Or rather, she would have been careful, if the pack weren't rather bulky and the locker cramped. She returns briefly to the deck to reassure herself that the mules and their packsaddles had been brought aboard. Don't be silly; we've set out already and the dean wouldn't forget and walk off with most of our supplies.

    She does it anyway, and then seeks out Minya again. "Do you remember where we were getting off? Somebody was going to bring a map from the library, I think, but I don't know who. I'm a little curious to see how we'll be getting there."
    Avatar by Ifni. Thanks!

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    "Then it looks like we're settled", Elizar Dayen replies happily. He lets you choose your bunks, then the merchants settle in themselves. "So what is your business in Arabel, if I may inquire? Traveling by sea is a good idea, it's much safer than by land. Though I heard the pirates have been getting bolder", he half-whispers, not wanting to chance his luck.


    On deck, the captain, standing at the rudder, grins at Liam's proposal. "It's good to hear that you are willing to work, but me and my lads have got it all covered. The ship's not very big. If something comes up, I'll let you know." One sailor is sitting in the crow's nest, right under the Cormyrian banner flying from the top of the single mast. Two more are climbing through the rigging. Two others don't look very busy, leaning against the railing and rolling some dice.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Atan

    Atan looked over the horse offered to him, and spared it his weight. As the group trotted along toward Suzail, he still had to restrain himself to avoid getting too far ahead.

    Aboard the ship, he simply nodded his agreement to his sister's suggestion to share the cabin with the merchants. Arranging his gear in his locker, he made sure his fishing gear was accessible, and stacked his rations so the oldest would be consumed first.

    To Nuale's question, he grinned and answered, "How we'll get there? By ship, of course..." He then lightly skipped back out of her reach, still with the grin on his face.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Lirt

    Lirt moves along cheerfully with the rest of the group, falling in line as necessary. Once on the ship he uncorks a hidden bottle of beer for himself after he packs his stuff away. He'll sit quietly out of the way during the trip often seen working recipes and costs for a variety of things on an old scrap of parchement that he scrapes off every now and again.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TKDfirefly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In a world gone mad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Trahone

    With a slight pang of sadness, Trahone turns away from the sight of the dock and looks out to sea. He tries to take in the vastness of the waters before turning back to the deck. He notices Liam talking to captain but does not go and investigate. Instead he joins the two playing dice. "What game are you playing?" Trahone asks with interest. He watches and listens, trying to learn the game without being explained the rules. I know some of the soldiers back home played dice games but I never paid much attention to them. Maybe I should have.
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

    My Charater:
    Theodore Maxwell Rosenberg

    Thank you Caracol for my avatar.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    The_Snark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Nuale

    Nuale rolls her eyes, swatting half-heartedly at Atan well after he dodges out of the way. "Thank you, oh master traveller, I would have forgotten. I meant what route the ship's taking, of course!"

    She remembers the presence of the merchants about then, and straightens, voice going from playful to more formal. It wasn't embarassing to do that in front of strangers, it was just... well, a little embarassing. "Ah—we're not bound for Arabel, as it happens. We'll be heading on to the Hullack Forest after." Which reminded her why she wanted to know where the ship was going. Were they getting off at Arabel and going overland, or would they be staying on the ship?
    Avatar by Ifni. Thanks!

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Atan

    Atan winked at Nuale and replied, "Oh, that... let me think... I seem to recall we're to head East up the coast, then upriver to the Wyvernwater. They might drop us off before or after Arabel. I'm not entirely sure."

    Atan seemed completely unfazed by the presence of the merchants. Who knew? They might actually know the route.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Liam Ravenquill

    Liam bows his head to the captain again. "I'll be around if you need me, captain." He heads to the railing and leans there, out of the crew's way, watching the scenery.

    I wonder how we'll do with this exercise... I wonder what the real point of it all is.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Minya Istaya

    Minya giggled as Nuale and Atan joked. She looked better than she had since the day of the exams. Her scholar's robes left hanging in her room at the university, Minya wore a new set of explorer's clothes and well broken in boots. "At this rate, Master Dayen, you might want to move into the other cabin to get away from our noise. We are on an expedition for the University of Magic just up the road; it's a practical exercise as part of our education." Minya unpacked her baggage and placed it in the locker, hanging her sword and bow from a convenient hook near her bunk. Her spellbook stayed wrapped in canvas inside her backpack, ready in case she needed to debark quickly.

    "I'm going upstairs for some fresh air," she said as she finished, and went to go find the captain. Carefully waiting until she was sure she wouldn't interrupt any of the mysterious happenings on board the ship, she asked, "Sir? Sir, is it all right if I climb up that pole thingy and up to the box doohickey up there?" Fluttery hand gestures made it clear she wanted to go up to the crow's nest.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    The sailors look up from their game at Trahone's words. "Death's heads is the name of the game. Wanna join us? It's only a copper. "


    Meanwhile, below deck, Dayen seems a little surprised at Nuale's statement. "Really? You're going to the Hullack forest? Well, you being more than a handfull of mighty mages, it might not be as dangerous for you as for us normal people. I guess you will leave us at Treefell, then? We will stop in Marsember, Wheloon and Hultail first, of course."


    On the astern castle, the captain squints at Minya, with arms akimbo. "The crow's nest? Any reason in particular? There's not much room up there, and I don't want to fish you out of the water when you fall out of the rigging."

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AngelForm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Leeds England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Azurous

    After stowing his gear Azurous followed the others on deck. Feeling slightly out of place around so many strangers he finds a quiet spot near the bow, settling down he watches Trahone and the sailors playing dice. Azurous disliked games of chance generally and the risk of losing money specifically, however not all dice games involved much chance and there is never harm in knowing the rules of such games.

    Meanwhile Scrya was climbing the rigging towards the crown nest to get a better look around.

    Nether of the two had overlooked the ballista on the aft castle and Azurous wondered about the sailor’s ability to defend the cog from pirates and such, I wonder if the collage or the ship paid for this ship to give us passage.
    1: Dragon wings are cool
    2: Colour coded dragons is illogical and hypocritical
    3: An angels wings are whatever shape the angel pleases
    4: Ever heard of a "fallen" demon?


    Avatar by Dode

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Emmis

    The little gnome is quiet as he sits on the deck, looking out over the water as they go. After a while, he pulls his pack still with him into his lap and digs through it for a moment, coming up with a map. He looks it over a bit, attempting to recall where they were supposed to be docking at and comparing to where they would be entering the forest at.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Greyen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Lirt

    Lirt wanders the deck for a bit trying to get his sea legs. He looks a little "green around the gills" and uncomfortable. Eventually he sits downwind of Emmis and looks over the gnome's shoulder at the map. I don't think I like this whole ship travel part of this trip. What do you heve there?
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    harmonictempest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Epsun

    After stuffing his pack into the tiny locker provided, Epsun walks up on deck, enjoying the breeze. He leans on the railing and watches the shore go past for a while, idly watching the activities of the others on deck.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

    Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

    PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

    Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    "Lighthouse ahoy!", it sounds from the crow's nest.

    A large part of the day has gone by eventlessly. You hung around the ship, chatting a little and passing the time. From the activity that ensues, and the talk among the crew, you can deduce that you will arrive at Marsember soon. Some of you gather on the forecastle to watch your approach to the city, and the three merchants join you. Elizar Dayen seems happy to talk to you. "I'm so glad we made it into port today. We'll be conducting business for the rest of the day, and the ship will stay here for the night. I think we'll enjoy a nice bed at the sleeping mermaid inn tonight. Are you spending the night on the ship or in the city? You should at least take the chance to visit the city in the afternoon, it's very nice there."

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyen View Post
    Lirt

    Lirt wanders the deck for a bit trying to get his sea legs. He looks a little "green around the gills" and uncomfortable. Eventually he sits downwind of Emmis and looks over the gnome's shoulder at the map. I don't think I like this whole ship travel part of this trip. What do you heve there?
    Emmis

    Emmis looks up at Lirt. "Hmm, this? I managed to dig up a rough map of the forest area. I was hoping we could possibly use it to just skirt the edges of the forest, if someone else knows about where we'd find the lizards. That way, we don't have to just wander aimlessly."
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Wiz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    LA

    Default Re: Pass on what you have learned IC

    Liam Ravenquill

    Overhearing Lirt and Emmis, Liam steps forward. "I've heard a good area to look would be in the forest beyond the town of Treefell. Is that on your map?" He glances over Emmis' shoulder, "They like swampy areas and riverbanks for their nests."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •