New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: Outer Plane

Awlruts, 11.00

Returning her focus from the inner planes in an act of will that had become second nature to her at this point, Awlruts stretched. Awlruts stretched not just with her body but with her mind. Stretching outwards with the new power she had gained. Moving amoungst the collection of artefacts she had created she moved a hand and caressed the blade floating amoungst the rose petals. It needed to be sharper if it was to ever become a weapon to be feared. It was because this she did make the choice to sharpen the blade to a wicked edge, grabing the ring that bound the power she began her work. She began the upgrade Razor Sharp.

Awlruts, 11.10

After finishing the creation of her upgrade to the Rose Petals Awlruts places the ring back onto her avatars finger. As she finished she wondered how the Karksh were now represented on the map on the table. As she moved through the maze that was her room she began to wonder if this maze was such a grand idea, but even as this thought danced across her mind she found herself at the entrace of her room. Pushing aside the curtain to reveal the strangeness that was the main room. With a huge waterfall at one end and a bottomless cliff face at the other, strange. Moving with purpose to the main table she quickly looked to the area of the Karksh but her eyes were drawn to the strange red dots that speckled the table. "Strange. Falenra, what the frick are those? And one more time for clarity, don't bother ansering me Ripik."
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Fine.

I don't know, Awlruts. Something with power or the like, otherwise it wouldn't appear. In short, something is there, but I don't know what. Go find out?

3. - Top - End - #453

Awlruts, 11.10

"Good enough reason as any I suppose." And with that fairly pathetic excuse for interfering with nodes of power she was away. Disapearing in a flash of rose petals which disapeared as they landed upon the ground. Reapearing inside her room, ready to depart from the outer and engage the inner.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

Two of the red dots have disappeared. The one in l20 and k32.

Ark walks into the hall from his room, the curtains flying open in rage. He is holding an orb in his hands and he walks towards Ripik and Falenra.

"Ripik! Falenra! Those dots! They're not just beneficial! However you look at it, it's power, but those powers are dangerous for anyone that uses them"

Lying the orb onto the table so they can perhaps feel it or see it, Ark continues.

"You need to warn the others, warn them that one item I found is of great danger. It is asking my avatar for blood, and it shouts and shouts for more, I cannot let him approach the sentients, and it doesn't answer my queries. It's just... bloodthirsty... a bloodthirsty item and I can't take it off my avatar!"

Ark really seems tired and exhausted, like he has already given this matter too much attention already.

"We need to warn the immortals so that they are aware of this! To any that enter this hall, please tell them that those items may be dangerous and carry terrible circumstances."
    A Revenant

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 11.4

Sedha emerges from her room after returning from the Oque... and stops. She eyes the table for some time, and then turns back through the door. Inside her room she tries to create an orb that views everything that happens in the area, and transmits it through long, black tendrils to the books floating in her room. Then she travels back into the central room, carrying the orb, and attaches it to her door, the darkness of the item making it almost indistinguishable door. "There. Now I won't need to rely on anyone else's rendition of the events that occur here in the future."

With that, she turns from the door, and walks straight to Ripik's room, where she promptly conjures an invisible chair out of thin air, and begins reading the transcript of everything that had happened in the room since her absence. When she gets to the part about the red dots, she stares in surprise at the paper for a while, finishes reading, and then walks back to the center table, examining the red dots. She needed to see these things for herself, regardless of how dangerous they were.
    Last edited by pseudovere; 2008-06-25 at 12:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456

Tumine Barok

Tumine stands up after her lengthy meditation (which will be edited into this post eventually). She looks down upon the world, but before manifesting, decides that there are some things she needs to attend to. She sets to work creating the Orb of Eddies.

When that is finished, Tumine steps out of her room for the first time in a long time. (If she sees Sedha, she will gladly talk). She slowly meanders over to the table, taking note of all the change that has happened to this place in her absence, and then reads the various transcripts. When she comes to the part about the items of power, she stands unnaturally rock-still for a moment, just a moment. There were some immortals... rather a lot, actually, now that she thinks of it... who she did not want to get ahold of "items of power."

She'd been gone for a long time. She'd needed clarification, and had sacrificed for that. Was it worth it? She would find out in the long run. After all, she is Immortal... The long run is what she should be planning for. Much is different... but some things are not different. She must reach these items before Forneus, or worse, Awlruts, got to them. Her mind made up, she turns and heads quickly back to her room.
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-06-25 at 05:48 PM.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 11.0
    Finished. Ikeklos turned the item around in its hands. It would suffice.
    ...How long had it been since it checked the main room? It seemed like a great deal of time. Perhaps it was time to check its messages.

Ikeklos strode into the room, making note of Laughing-Traveler and Book-Writer. It checked it's Simulacra... Only to find that something had... Disturbed it. It no longer spoke, as it was supposed to. Hopefully, that explained why, of all of the Deities, only Spear-Holder had responded... But it chided itself. It would not condemn her because of a misunderstanding.

It would speak to those two on the matter later. It had to admit, its attention was somewhat occupied. Something... Something was wrong.

...They were gone. A great many of its kin, the others, the Wastels, and even the Truth-Holders... Though only one of those... had vanished from the room. In their stead,shining dots upon the map.

Ikeklos did not need to be told what happened. It had its own theories. However... when it heard that they were sources of power... It felt its own theories confirmed.

"The belief... It's running wild. I had feared this might happen. It created us. It nourishes us. And, when not given a focus, it runs wild. That's why we exist.
    Life-Writer... I know what has happened. And, if it is as I fear, we must approach these things with caution. I will explain later. But, for now, rest assured that these things must not be found by improper hands. They must be retrieved... or neutralized.
    "

With that, Ikeklos rushed to its work. It called upon Kelkik, swift of foot, to assist it in this matter. It gave it the raiments of its Ice armor, wrapped tightly about it, and granted it the Ice Claws with which to defend itself. And, with that, it took the plunge...
    Thanks to El_Frenchie for the nifty sig!

8. - Top - End - #458

Turn 11.0

Ardannis reappeared in the Outer Plane, and immediately strode out across the ceiling to the table-imps. Ripik, Falrena - do you know how many artifacts the Immortals possessed whose doors have disappeared? Do they match the number of dots on that map?

If so: Can you pinpoint which artifact is which?

After hearing the answer, he took off for his room again and went to the next dot.

((Edit: responding to Tek - sorry for the delay!))

I would gladly help, but it will be some time before they could arrive. Not only is the distance far, but the most eager travelers among the Niddog have already set off on an exploratory pilgrimage south of the Niddog lands, which they will not return from for some time. I can ask them for you, but it may be [two or more turns] until they arrive. The good side of that is that I may be able to convince some Sume to come as well, and then we would have a truly interspecies traveling raft city. Your skills at helping them get along would certainly be useful, though...I wouldn't like to see you trying to make one group dominate the other. It'd be a lot more pleasant if they could all just communicate and get along.

I must ask, though - I am hoping to make a rather good-sized map for the Niddog, to keep track of their biggest trails and villages. If I map out the trails, will you do the actual painting, perhaps on a wall near your mural?
    Last edited by harmonictempest; 2008-06-25 at 08:59 PM.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

We do not know, unfortunately.
    So you found artefacts?
    We can mark the dots with a description you give. But what did you saw?

Alright, the warning will be written.
    I wonder if anybody else had troubles with them..

And with that, the following appears on the table besides the map:

"BEWARE! DANGER! The dots can lead to dangerous items of power! The consequences may be dire!
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-26 at 04:20 AM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos Turn 11.4

Ikeklos returns to its icy realm. Rush, rush, rush! It always seemed in a hurry recently. It was somewhat upsetting to it. The loss of so many immortals... It caused far more problems than the current one. Now, there were so many mortals to preserve, and so little time... Eternity did not seem enough.

It could not protect these... fluctuations at all times. It needed something...
    It began its latest creation, created of desperate need.

Ikeklos Turn 11.5
    There. Now, away. But, Ikeklos remembers itself: It has a delivery to make along the way.

11. - Top - End - #461

Mildly discontent with his latest finds of items, Ark seems to pace around his room on another item or perhaps an important spell. He shouts out to anyone knocking at his entrance to get the hell away and seems to be particularly touchy recently, still coming to terms with his new responsibilities.

Being an immortal was far from being relaxing, and with that, he begins to create some handseals, meditating in his room, occasionally opening an eye to look at Akam and gazing on "Sucker".

"There's no way I'll let you ruin my work you piece of junk." he whispers to himself, his eyes burning with determination and defiance.
    A Revenant

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha turn 11.9

If Ark was to be trusted on his warning, it was probably time she created something for use of self defense. With that she created the Chord of Darkness.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 12.0
    Ikeklos turned the object around in its hands. Now, with this, it would have to find out how to move the objects, then acquire them, then place this somewhere safe. Perhaps with the Element-Movers, but a new building would have to be constructed to protect them, and...
    It sat. It thought.
    ...Too much. It had been running around, all willy nilly, trying to do everything at once. All of a sudden, all the activity was too much for it. It couldn't go on like this. But it couldn't abandon the creatures. What could it do?
    ... And then it dawned, very simply. It would take a vacation. Very simple, that. Perhaps... Get a feel for these creatures at their own level. Walk among them, not as a god... but as a student.
    Yes. It would do that.

It placed the object to one side. It would start with its first people... and then, who knows?

Throughout the turn, Ikeklos returned several times to this place, but never more than just to head elsewhere. This turned out to be... quite enjoyable.

Turn 12.95
    Well. That was interesting. For some reason, Kelkik was quite attached to that symbol of his. And... well, it represented Ikeklos well, it supposed. Perhaps it should have one of its own.

Ikeklos makes a second Symbol of Calm, but smaller this time, designed to fit on its person. Additionally, it was less tuned to the Zygon specifically, and instead tuned down to be generally calming to all species.
    Last edited by Altairius; 2008-06-29 at 09:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464

Tumine Barok, turn 12.0

In her room, after visiting with the Oque again, Tumine finds herself glad to have a challenge set in front of her once again. She immediately begins working on a new way to overcome that challenge. The Oque had suffered many losses. It is time to help them to recover more directly than simple teaching. With that, she gets to work.

(researching Growth, Lesser (level 2))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Growth, Lesser:
    This miracle functions like Growth, Least, except that it can be used on sentients. If used on a sentient, they feel energetic as their metabolism increases for a short time. If used on a non-sentient animal, the animal feels energetic and very lively for several hours. If used on a non-sentient plant, the plant experiences a large amount of fresh, new growth. In any case, the effects use up a portion of the energy that they normally would (but not the full amount that such exertion would).
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

15. - Top - End - #465

Closing himself in his room, Ark seems to be researching something, adapting to Akam's grip, adapting to his own and Ades's, making changes, progressively. He needed an item as a farming tool, something that the races could reproduce and use.

Spoiler
    Show
    Akam's Spade

Well, here you have it. Tired of turning the Earth with his bare hands, and having been harassed by the tentacle-claw to stop using it as a rake, Akam has asked Ark to create a spade for the species. This spade is standard, and can adapt to different types of handling.

If you start shoveling away with this spade, you realize that it can shovel away much faster than any regular one. It carries more and also seems to dig in packed earth and firm soil fairly easily.
    A Revenant