New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: Outer Plane

Tek

Tek silently moves to the central circle. He cleans it of all stone powder and grass, until there isn’t a speck left. Only then he retracts all cocoon legs and kneels down to examine the symbols.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: EDK, your post was the first mentioning "fire" so I'll ignore that bit since Forneus hasn't really told you about his domains yet.

Forneus

Haven't I introduced myself? Well I suppose not, with all the discussion going on at my arrival. I am Forneus and I'm beginning to think that likely you know as much about me as I do.

As for government, I'm afraid I do not see how that will prevent anybody from doing the same thing that I did. Even now I can attack you again regardless of the government, because subjective regulations are silly to begin with, but even more so when they can't be enforced. We will just have to rely on good will, wont' we?

Forneus goes to the center of the room, still keeping an eye on the others, especially on the strange hedgehog-like creature behind Plamal.

My curiosity mandates that I have a look, however I don't think I'm that great with mysteries.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-25 at 08:02 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(You're avatar is full of smoke, it isn't a leap at all. He's obviously the god of fire. Actually he isn't even the god of fire my character made a mistaken presumption)

Plamal

Turn 1.1

"Yes but if you're punished for doing it you'll stop doing it won't you or at least that's how it works. Plus how can we rely on good will if one of us doesn't know the rest of us dislike smoke then how can we rely on his good will. Plus what happens if six of us want fire and five of us don't without a government." Plamal started to look at the markings.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Punished?, the voice of Forneus booms through the room so hard there's an echo. From what I understand the only punishment you can inflict is your constant babbling. If you dislike my presence you will be well advised to stay away. As for your dilemma, the group who likes fire will stick together and the group who don't will stay away. It is pretty simple. It is easy to enforce, because it's enforced by everybody doing what they like.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

"And babble I shall if that's what's needed but I'll shut up now but I'll tell you this. You're wrong, I lack the will to explain to you any further and I just want to swim." Plamal turned into a frog and started to jump to the pond. Once at the pond he turned into a fish and started to swim arround.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Forneus shrugs and things for a moment, then addresses Ark.
    I fail to understand what's going on here and it's bothering me. Perhaps you can help me solve this predicament? After all, you've been here longer and have obviously agreed to support this majority rule system. But how can it work? My suggestion ends with everybody being happy doing their own thing. A majority rule means everybody should do what the majority says, which means the minority is unhappy. That may only work if the majority can oppress the minority into complying, but from what I've seen here if just one of us wants fire then fire we shall have and there's not much anybody can do about it besides whine about subjective rules.

Forneus sighs and looks around. After Ark answers (or doesn't answer for a while) he floats toward the ceiling and examines it.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek remained silent through the conversation between Plamal and Forneus, though he did listen carefully.

After some inner consideration he asked Plamal - "Could you create an animal?".

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

Fish Plamal continues to swim around in thought, but then transforms into his normal form and looks at Tek. "Any particular one in mind, please don't make it too big."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

"I am mostly interested in principle. Can we create life?". Tek pauses. Aimlessly he ventures: "Can we expand this small box of a realm..."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

Plamal returns to his form as a fish and near the edge of the water starts to concentrate working on creating a small insect. Eventually a fly is created but it's completely inanimate.

Plamal turns once again into his normal form and says "sorry."
    And then he tries to drink some of the water just to make sure he can.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek picks up the inanimate fly. He examines it carefully, ending up tasting it with one of his teeth.

Eventually he says: "Your dominion is Animals, and yet there are none here. And you can't make one either."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ark

The Immortal's green eyes observe Forneus for a while. His lips purse themselves slightly as he thinks of an appropriate answer.

"I wouldn't say I am defending this idea of a government with every fiber of my being. I would say however that Plamal has a point: if we rely on good will, there will be a time where someone might attempt to contain us or restrict our own powers in this world for his own. Wouldn't you say, then, that he becomes the minority that oppresses the majority?"

He pauses, his hand softly going through a fringe of hair that fell across his face, replacing it behind his ear.

"If not a government with rules, I would say that as soon as one's power tries to dominate the others, we should move as a single entity to counter that power and restrain it in turn. I wouldn't say it is a government, I would rather proclaim it as a... self-regulating entity."

He flicks a small piece of rock inside the pond.

"Obviously it wouldn't involve destroying, because it seems we are unable to achieve it at the moment. But when one menaces to take freedom away, we should move to restrain him or her."

Ark then examines the inscriptions on the middle stone. He frowns slightly, looking confused, and after a few minutes his face clears up and he sits back up on the stone.

"Can't make any sense out of it for now, friend."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1,1

Plamal looks at Tek and says. "I can sort of create animals just not those I'd like. I can still create the meat needed, or the hide needed or anything else. I just can't let them live."

Plamal walked to the table and created a large bottle of berry juice, a large roasted pig and some glasses. Pouring himself some berry juice he asks. "Do you think we should see what's over this roof, maybe theirs living animals their."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Forneus gives Ark a very long look. At one point it seems as the humanoid figure smiles (though you can never be sure with all the smoke). For a moment there I thought I had gone mad and all this was a figment of my imagination. But you bring interesting points that I would not have considered. Or would I? I will defy this feeling of madness and ask you once more: are you trying to stay confined here forever? We are unable to understand our situation, let alone break free, at least with our current knowledge and abilities. The only way to change this is to try and become stronger, if at all possible, though right now I have no idea how that will work. But you just said that you want to stop others from getting stronger. Are you sure being equally weak is the point, because it seems to me that someone stronger stands a better chance of undoing this mystery?

Forneus examines Ark. From his tone one it seems that he is trying extra hard to have a civilized conversation, but his anxiety shows in almost every sentence.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-25 at 09:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground

Krixal

Krixal emerges from his door (lucky 13) and takes a look at the others arguing in the center.

What's all this then?

He erupts into a gout of flame and arcs over to the center of the room.

What is going on? What have you done to me? he asks belligerently, menacing towards the closest immortal. (Tek, I believe)

There is something very strange going on and I want an answer!

Krixal also begins raising the temperature by several degrees every few seconds, and will continue until somebody complains.
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-05-25 at 10:01 AM. Reason: change to 3rd person
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ark

"Well, you see, that isn't the point I am making. Though you are right in being suspicious of my point of view."

Ark smiles and clears his throat, taking his time thinking the answer over.

"There is no conflict between being strong and this self-regulating idea we have here, I believe. The idea is to protect and restrain those that would use their power for harming other's freedom. Whether they are weak or strong. If they are strong, it just emphasizes the need for such a regulating corps. If they are weak, they are still a menace."

He pauses, looking at Forneus.

"I believe..."

He stops, for Krixal had started erupting inside the room, raising the temperature time and again. Flowers and vines would perish slowly and the pond's water was already heating.

His green eyes focus on the Immortal.

"We are trying to have a conversation here, newcomer. Perhaps it would be of better taste to introduce yourself first when you are interrupting us? I bear no grudge to you, and I know not why you would impose this cataclysm on us when we have done no harm."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Tek steps back startled, but this time he regains his composure much quicker.

“You are most impolite, stranger. I am Tek of Communication dominion. We are all the same here, although it seems every newcomer is more violent then the previous one, a strange pattern indeed. ”

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 1.1

Darkness. That is how it all begins. There is an intelligence here, but it is connected to nothing, unable to move, unable to see, unable to do anything.
    Then, in the dark nothing, an etching, like a crudely drawn oval. It grows into a more complicated, but ultimately still crude drawing of an oval room, supported by pillars, with a central gazebo in which a throne rests slightly behind a pillar with a bowl on top. In the throne is essentially a stick figure.
    If anyone could watch it, they would see the drawing... Solidify, forming the rough bones of the room. And then came the gale.
    A cold, howling gale rips through the room, covering the structure with ice. From the initial structure, a room grows from the spreading sleet, thickening into a substantial form. On one wall, with a sound like skates biting into ice, the language of the immortals writes three words, each holding the very essence of miracle in their letters. A small pedestal forms in the opposite side of the room, upon which a tiny figurine of an odd, ice/spider looking creature forms.
    Finally, atop the throne, howling gales form ice upon the figure in the chair. Legs, arms, chest, the face of an old man forms upon the rough sketch.
    As the figure finishes, it arches in its throne, its scream of agony mixing with the wind whirling around the room.
    Finally, a door carves itself out of one side of the room, at which point door 5 becomes covered with a thick sheet of ice.
    The gale subsides, and the figure slumps in its chair. A.. not exactly a memory, more of a innate fear, a phobia fills its mind, but, like the gale, gently subsidses.
    The figure stares at the room it occupies, getting a grip on its surroundings.

19. - Top - End - #49

Cataclysm? Violence? Don't accuse me of a cataclysm! I don't know what's going on, where I am, or what I am! Nor do I seem to have any memories beyond a few minutes ago!

Krixal smiles and begins turning about, talking to each of the others in turn. He does this for the rest of his speach, as if trying to talk to everyone at once, he even addresses the plants and columns occasionally.

I woke up in the most delightful room. Bronze everywhere! Do you know, I feel like it was almost meant exactly for me, Like I have some connection to it. Not to mention, well, other things I found.

Oh, is it too hot for you? I'm so sorry, it's just that I was getting chilly.

The heat quickly confines itself to the area immediately around Krixal. He is pleased with the result, and smiles at his accomplishment. After a second's pause, he seems to realize what he just did.

Wait, now how did that work? Can you all change the tempature at will? What else can we do?

Several gouts of flame shoot up in various locations around the room, then quickly disappear as Krixal loses interest in them.

Well isn't that neat! Say, what's the deal anyway? Who are you guys? Who am I, for that matter? Hmm, Krixal, it would seem, that's the name I associate with myself. Well, what of it? Am I going to get answers or are you all going to just stand there?

Krixal pauses his talking for the first time since Tek spoke to him.
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-05-25 at 10:50 AM.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ikeklos, Turn 1.1
    Satisfied with what it has seen, the figure, who has begun to identify itself as Ikeklos, rises from the throne. It strides toward the door, and with a light push opens it.

A figure made like ice covering a stick-man scaffold walks into the central room. It sees other individuals in the room, and regards them with deep suspicion. It ignores them. Of far more interest to it is the room itself, and the corroded structures within. It walks over to the table, patches of ice forming wherever it walks. It picks a part of the table well away from the others, and investigates the etchings, brushing away any debris.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1,1

"It would be better to say what can't we do and in that respect we can't do three things, create animate living things, kill are fellows and change certain things." Said Plamal as he created himself a plate and started to eat his pig. "I'm Plamal of plants and animals and would I be right in think you're fire."

22. - Top - End - #52

Krixal 1.1
    Oh, Fire I am at that.

Krixal notices Ikelos for the first time.

And what have we here?

He arc's over next to Ikelos and begins examining the same etchings. (note that you are now inside of my sphere of heat, react how you wish, it's about 110degC/230degF)

Now that is interesting! Hey, guys, have you seen these markings? Looks like it may be writing of some sort!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1

"You came a bit to late to throw that observation around Krixal we've already looked and tried to decipher it." Said Plamal drinking his berry juice. "And Mr.Ice what's your name?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iklekos, Turn 1.1

The Others were talking. No matter. What they did was not truly its concern.

Suddenly, one of the Others began walking over to it, invading his solemn study. There was something very... Uncomfortable about this one. Ikeklos felt its... Phobia coming to the fore. The air was hot, too hot! Ikeklos, as though by instinct, chilled the air around him: Not truly an aura, but merely a comfortable coating directly around his person. Hot air washed around the coating, keeping the hot air at bay.

Iklekos, still somewhat troubled by the offensive nature of the Other next to him, noticed one of the Others, was directing a question towards him. For some reason, he was... offended by all this interruption.

"I am not 'Misterice', as you say, Juice-Drinker. I... believe myself to be Iklekos. Now please, leave me be. I wish to concentrate."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 1.1 Yes I'm still writing it.

Plamal looked above Krixal's door and putt the image of Krixal above the door and below that an image of a burning flame, then he looked at Iklekos's door and above it did a pictue of Iklekos and below than the image of a sparkly snow flake.

26. - Top - End - #56

Krixal 1.1

Krixal slaps Ikiekos on the back.

Lighten up buddy, no one.. Yow! You're cold!

He arc's over next to Plamal and immediately sits down next to him.

Not very sociable is he? (in a voice loud enough for all to hear) Hey, "Juice-Drinker", mind if I have some pig?

Without waiting for a reply, Krixal pulls off a strip of meat and begins eating.

Hm, tell you what this needs, hot pepper!

He reaches into one of his many pouches and pulls out a pinch of red powder, which he rubs into the meat throughly.

There. That'll do it. (tossing it in his mouth) Mm, now that's pretty good, if I say so myself. Want some?

Krixal offers his pouch out for Plamal to take some pepper.
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-05-25 at 12:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

The ground begins to shake slightly. Bits of dirt that hadn't been successfully brushed off of the center sprinkle off of it, and the plants that had been clinging to it recede. It begins to rise out of the ground, and a single large stone leg can be seen supporting it as it becomes apparent that this is a table, of sorts. There is a boundary inside the outer edge, and it's in this area that the strange markings are. The large area in the center becomes polished to a fine sheen, but is blank.

As it is watched, the markings begin to swirl and coalesce towards the edges that face the two rubble-covered doors. Suddenly, they vanish, only to be replaced a few moments later by lines of text that seem to be etched in the stone, but vanish and reform fluidly.

Oh, bloody hell, my head is killing...
    What in the name of...ow!
    You did that, didn't you? You just couldn't help it, could you, barbarian.
    Me? Why would I do that? I was just starting to get used to this.
    Quiet, I think I know who did this...
    Eep! There are others! Who are they?
    Oh hush up. Ahem. Greetings and salutations, strangers!
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2008-05-25 at 12:39 PM.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

(this happens before the events of the previous post)

Where there's smoke there's fire. Isn't that a funny coincidence, Forneus laughs outloud, then looks at Ark. I think once again what you suggest would surely be accomplished by having everyone just do what is in their best interest, instead of comply with your, he waves at the first three immortals, regulations. Arguing about it seems counter-intuitive so I will just go ahead and put it into practice. Just like those guys over there.

It's obvious that Forneus likes the newcomers and when the issue arises he introduces himself by giving his name. He still floats up high but he follows the fire and ice apparitions' moves with obvious delight.

Edit: ninja'd.

(this happens after the events of the previous post)

For a moment Forneus is weary that the ceiling will collapse on him, but then the rumbling dies away. And then it gets interesting. He follows the new development and grins when he sees the letters. He speaks, confident that the letters on the table have a way of hearing him.

Greetings. We are strangers indeed as we know little but our names, an element that we're drawn to and that we're in a mad house where we share unusual powers. How about you?
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-25 at 01:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Krixal

Forneus, is it? I'm not sure what it is, but there is something about you I like. Ham? (offering a piece of (Plamal's) pig meat to Forneus) Oh, look! the walls are talking!

Krixal begins arcing from one end of the room to the other, reading the text where the doors used to be.

Greetings! Hey, do you guys know anything about what's going on here? Because there seems to be some confusion about, well, everything.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

The letters swirl around again, new sentences appearing on the stone table.

I fear we're as lost as the both of you, my strange-looking...oh bugger...
    Guy? GUY? I'll have you know that I am very much not a guy! I think. Sigh.
    Just go with her on that. It's hard to tell who we are at all. At least you all have bodies...mostly.
    Yeah, Ripik! How come they get bodies? I want a body!
    How should I know?
    Well you're the thinker. I'm just here to look, er, sound, er, be pretty.
    Not now! Together we might be able to figure this out. Now then, strangers, as she said, I am Ripik. That's...well, all I know. That and Falenra, that's her, and I seem to be, well, everywhere and nowhere in this place.
    What Mr. Dramatic over there is saying is we seem to be trapped in the walls and this damnable table.
    Er, quite. Well put. We were trying to figure out things when things started shifting around us, dirt forming, plants growing, and all the basic architecture we had-
    He had. I liked how it was.
    Alright, alright, fine. I had put up came crashing down until things came to this deplorable chatoic state.
    I still think it looks better like this.
    Yes, well, that's not the point now, is it? What we need to reason out is what has brought us all here. Now, I know I was close to figuring it out before everything came crashing down, but I can't seem to remember what it was.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple