New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Latheria (casual d&d)

Aye, f'course. In fact, dat's a marv'llous inv'tation.
    The speech offering people to become his associate, Bardok had practiced it so many times that he knew it by heart. He had always asked people coming from the region, though, but he would have never thought so much to change from the usual ''No, I'm not interested.'' and the also frequent continuity of it: ''Now get away, you dirty dwarf, you stink!'' Therefore, he stands silent, unable to focus on what to say next, and following the group in the house.

Bardok tries to leave the entrance of the door free of passage but once he is past its threshold, he freezes, looking around if he is hindering someone and then gazes as the leader of the party speaks. He obviously feels relunctant talking about his offer now that the subject has changed to gods and also feels curious if this has anything to do with what he dreamed.
    Last edited by Flame_Excess; 2008-06-04 at 03:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

IF he hears the name. No one has actually said the God's name yet.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Or mabey you could guide us to any nearby sages who could help interpet the message we recived? Vinath adds in.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

At the mere mention of gods the old mans brow furrows"I have no clue about any gods you are talking about and i think that if you have been sent here by them you should leave immediatly before..." his gaze drifts to a large sword that you had failed to notice up until this point. "In fact that a few days ago we had more of your sort around this town. The only diffrence was they were all preaching of our sins to the gods." He spits in obvious disdain."It was ok though we took those *******'s and drove them up into the hills north of here. They are problaby still nursing their wounds come to think of it. We should definatly get a party together to go kill them before their infectious ideas spread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laziness is oft looked down upon by society. It is an ideal of utter slacking and procrastination. Only the least lively have what it takes to become truly undedicated. I have embraced these ideals and have been utterly rewarded by the gods of do nothing. How they managed to get off their divine bottoms boggles my mind, but they did. It was in the form of their divine messenger that I now have an avatar, so thanks to you Mr_Saturn. The gods have used your despicable lack of lazy against you!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Finding a place to set his things where they can dry, the Elf then sits down on the floor cross-legged.

"There is no reason to get mad. Each person has the right to believe as they wish. You don't have to worry about anyone preaching sin and damnation, especially as I can see with you it would do no good. Now then, I am curious though about this village. It was curious circumstances that brought us here."
    Last edited by Nomadic; 2008-06-06 at 12:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

Melchior

Melchoir half-grins at the mention of the previous group, and says "Well, I don't know about the rest of us, but I'd be willing to accept a small fee and make sure that these... religious types... leave those hills for you."

Melchoir grins, thinking to himself "Well, if the other religious people follow Corellan, mabye we could form an alliance of sorts, and clense this town."
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

Brimstone, Warforged Warlock

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

"well people do have the right to believe as they wish, but forcing their beliefs on other people? thats fanaticism and oppression, we will deal with them" Shoken states calmly, and quietly.

8. - Top - End - #68

EvilClericGuy

"I agree with my companions," Caspar says to the hunchback. "If this group was bothering you then it seems we should go find them. It is likely they have angered the gods. Can you tell us anything more about them. Perhaps if they have magic users or any fighting techniques they perfer. We'd like to be prepared if we must fight them."
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-06-06 at 03:29 PM.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Finding a place to set his things where they can dry, the Elf then sits down on the floor cross-legged.

"There is no reason to get mad. Each person has the right to believe as they wish. You don't have to worry about anyone preaching sin and damnation, especially as I can see with you it wouldn't do no good. Now then, I am curious though about this village. It was curious circumstances that brought us here."
    Cialyna mutters, Perhaps we should not antagonize them...just a thought.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Draelam chuckles.

"Antagonizing is the last thing I want to do to them. All I have asked is to know where we are. Though I am not against helping them find these ruffians that were driven out of town as others have suggested."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

the old man begins to speak to himself for a few seonds and then adresses you all
    "If you all could rid us of these nusances then i will pay you all handsomley when you return. And as far as their stratiges for fighting i cant rember any details. but i would like to stress how handsomley you will be paid for each ear you bring with you from the cave"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Laziness is oft looked down upon by society. It is an ideal of utter slacking and procrastination. Only the least lively have what it takes to become truly undedicated. I have embraced these ideals and have been utterly rewarded by the gods of do nothing. How they managed to get off their divine bottoms boggles my mind, but they did. It was in the form of their divine messenger that I now have an avatar, so thanks to you Mr_Saturn. The gods have used your despicable lack of lazy against you!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

the old man begins to speak to himself for a few seonds and then adresses you all
    "If you all could rid us of these nusances then i will pay you all handsomley when you return. And as far as their stratiges for fighting i cant rember any details. but i would like to stress how handsomley you will be paid for each ear you bring with you from the cave"
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bardok stands silent in his corner, although he would definitely like to speak. It's the matter about cutting ears of the dead that concerns him the most. His eyes are wide in horror, although diffident.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Just have a guide show us the way and we'll take care of it. Vinath looks at the dwarf. Pehaps you could help us?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aye sir, rest assur'd I'll cert'nly investigate t'matter. Bardok humps twice, rebalancing the weight of his scalemail as a way to demonstrate that he is ready for the task.
    Last edited by Flame_Excess; 2008-06-09 at 09:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

The elf sizes up the dwarf with a quick glance.

"Of course you are most welcome to come as far as I am concerned."

18. - Top - End - #78

EvilClericGuy

So looks like we have a plan. How long do we wait until the rain dies down so we can meet our new comrads?

Also did I get any information on the Bardic Knowledge roll from earlier? Purpose of the statue, myths associated with it, etc. ?
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2008-06-17 at 05:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

you learn from your Bardic Knowledge Roll that the statue was built in the golden age of the continent, and that during this age the worship of Corellon Larethian was at its height. As the years passed and the people built resentment twords their god they grew angry. At one point a few years ago a mob of angry people after a poor harvest decided to desicrate the statue.

After three hours of waiting in the old mans house the storm subsides and you emerge from your shelter to a bleak and muddy world. The old man hobbles over to a house a little ways down the street and enters. He emerges with a young man and introduces him to you. This is my friend Lowsmeir he will take you to the caves and assist in any way possible. He has been trained in the art of the arcane and will hopefully be of some assistance. The old man hobbles away once again, this time entering his home. The young man turns to you all and says [COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]I hear you would like me to take you to a cave for some "fun". So, shall we make our way? [/COLOR] The young mans obvious delight in the task at hand is oddly unsettling to you all
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Halfling in the Playground

Melchoir

Melchoir returns the smile, and says "Oh, I'm always up for some Fun. How long is this hike? Is the road well traveled?"
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

Brimstone, Warforged Warlock

21. - Top - End - #81

EvilClericGuy

Caspar smiles and bows his head to Lowsmeir "Lead on Guide." But in his mind he plots to hand in the creature's ears instead.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Vinath looks to the guide as they begin walking. Hello, what can you tell me about this land and what is going on here?

Well I should announce that I will be gone on vacation from the 3rd of July to the 20th of July. While I might have internet connection there is a very good chance that I will not. Even if I do have internet posting will be infrequent.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show