New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The First Warforged (IC)

Argus d'Orien

As soon as the city starts coming into view Argus grabs his equipment and leans against the rails near Baldron with a huge grin on his face.

"So, does Xen'Drik do justice to the tales told about it?" he asks the man.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ania d'Velderan

Ania is already prepared, standing on the deck laden with her gear, just about bouncing in her boots with excitement. She doesn't realize she's humming the tune of Aundair Morrs Among the Giants under her breath. Her traveling clothes and robes are now overlaid with a dark green cloak, with a diverse array of satchels and containers strapped and slung over; a well-maintained crossbow is at her back.

"How far from the city are we going? When do we set out?"

3. - Top - End - #33

Aswar

Aswar immeadetly exscuses himself and hurries to where his horse and the rest of his equipment has been stored, as the ship prepares for docking he stays with his horse and calms it down during the landing.He dons the rest of his armor, and secures his weapons. He stays with his horse until the ship has docked properly and guides it outside to meet the others.

On horseback Aswar immeadetly feels at home and it looks like he has been riding with this horse for ages already. He casually rides up alongside the rest of the group, the spear in his hand pointed slightly at a down-wards angle, the sword secured on his saddle and the shield on his back. He looks quite impressive mounted higher up than everyone else, and smiles warmly at anyone meeting his gaze.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Keraeni

Keraeni looks out of the porthole, gazing at his first- but hopefully not last- sight of his ancestral home. He bows his head and thanks the ancestors for giving him the chance to return to what his people think of as their homeland.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

5. - Top - End - #35

The airship begins its deceleration, and within minutes has pulled up to the dock. Dock hands rush about, catching ropes and preparing the wooden structure for the ship to land. It inches closer and closer until finally, with a lurch, it stops; hovering parallel to the protruding landing bay.

Jaret d'Cannith stops everyone with a signal as they begin to exit down the docking ramp. "We will head straight to our accommodations, do not wonder off into the city—we intend to depart at first light tomorrow. We will meet our guide and you will be filled in further of our plans once we have arrived at the inn."

Several of the others moan at this pronouncement, having hoped to sample some of Stormreach's indigenous night life.

OOC: Sorry guys, I found my notes. The game isn't dead from my end...
    silver

6. - Top - End - #36

Aswar

Aswar lets out a loud "Naww...", as Jaret d'Cannith makes his announcement.

"Guess I'm stuck here with all the "taken" women then", Aswar sighs jokingly at the two women he spoke to earlier, grinning at them as he spurs his horse to the front of the group.

7. - Top - End - #37

Argus d'Orien

Argus groans with the others at Jaret's pronouncement but just shoulders his bag and moves to get in line with the others.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

Paaras

"Fine by me, I could use the sleep." Paaras looks into the maw of the patchwork city. "This place looks to be dangerous anyway."

Spoiler
    Show
    Once relevant, I cast Inertial Armor in the morning, my next wild surge chance is (1d20)[13]
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

9. - Top - End - #39

Keraeni

Keraeni says nothing, but, on reaching the ground, he looks down and shifts slightly, an almost enraptured smile on his face.

He has come home.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

10. - Top - End - #40

The walk is not a long one, but it is confusing. The streets twist and turn through the crumbling walls of massive buildings; as you walk, you notice several smaller buildings built inside of the Giant structures. Stormreach is fairly quiet at the moment, the sun is still high in the sky and most of the inhabitants are busy at work.

After less than half an hour of walking, you arrive at a long, curving building of dark gray stone; it forms a semicircle surrounding a cobblestone courtyard. Lights are already burning and the courtyard is busy with people: unloading pack horses, talking among themselves, and rushing in and out with loads of baggage.

Baldron's glower, that he had worn since Jaret had told you to stay in your lodgings, now fades and is replaced with a grin of relief. "It's the Chapterhouse! Home of the best entertainment Stormreach can offer! He tells Argus in a low voice.

Jaret d'Cannith moves towards the entrance, "I will arrange for our rooms, you will wait here."

((Sorry if you feel rushed at all, feel free to tell me to slow down if it's moving too fast; I just want to actually get you into the wilderness.))
    silver

11. - Top - End - #41

Argus d'Orien

"Entertainment, eh? Hey," he slaps Baldron on the shoulder good-naturedly, "If we all end up getting some free time tonight you have to show us around, we can't be running around on a leash this whole trip. It'd be stupid of us not to talk a look around the town while we're here."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Paaras Abhimaa

"I'm sure taking a look around would be quire fun. Getting shook down by whatever criminal element is waiting for tourists, probably not so much."

Homebrews:

Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

13. - Top - End - #43

Argus d'Orien

"Where's your sense of adventure? Taking out some local thugs is half the fun. Plus, can't you just reach into their minds and make them think that they're all cats or something?"

It's pretty clear that he's joking, as he's grinning widely.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Paaras Abhimaa

Paaras stops, and looks deeply into Argus' eyes. "I wouldn't take the powers of mind lightly if I were you. A skilled psion can rip apart your entire being on a whim, and slice apart your mind like a butcher cutting fat from meat."

Looking into Paaras' eyes, you almost think you can see something shift within him, but he turns away suddenly.

"I apologize, I don't mean to be confrontive, but I wouldn't want to think you don't take serious the dangers of such matters." He begins walking into the Chapterhouse. "Explore the city, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'll just be staying here, though, unless you think you need me for something."

Homebrews:

15. - Top - End - #45

Keraeni

Eager to set off and explore, Keraeni looks round the others and asks, "Well then, are you coming?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Ania d'Velderan

"Well I don't plan on carrying all of this gear on a romp around the city!" Ania points out by way of answer to Keraeni. "I say we at least get settled in and get our things stowed away once our employer gets back with our rooms sorted out. But certainly I'd love a chance to see some of the old Giant architecture here..."

17. - Top - End - #47

Taylor smiles at Ania. "An excellent plan, the quickest way to get robbed in Stormreach is to walk around covered in bags and with pack animals." She laughs, "I would know this from experience, of course."
    silver

18. - Top - End - #48

Argus d'Orien

Slightly unnerved by the mind mage's words Argus shrugs to the others with a not so convincing grin on his face.

"Oh well, you try to make a bad joke on purpose and see where it gets you. Let's wait for Jaret to come back, and then dump our stuff, before we go out on the town. We might as well get debriefed before we head out."
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Aswar

Aswar frowns at Paaras, whom he has now dubbed "The Devil Man", before he nods agreeingly at Argus.
    "I agree, Jaret might have some assignment for us. Besides, I can't wait to leave this city, there are just way to many people here..."

20. - Top - End - #50

Keraeni

Nodding slowly, the young (relatively) Elf agrees, "I su[ppose that's best..."

21. - Top - End - #51

Thankfully, the wait isn't long before Jaret d'Cannnith returns, less than 5 minutes. With him is a drow, complete with long white hair and intricate white tattoos drawn on his ebony flesh; the only problem is, he's 8 feet tall. He towers of Jaret d'Cannith; his breastplate, marked with a stylized scorpion, is at a level higher than Jaret d'Cannith's head. The human, however is not the least bit intimidated by the massive drow behind him; he indicates the massive drow. "Phar'yn Zuberi, our guide through the wilds.
    "Your accommodations have been prepared, sharing 4 to a room. You're all the way in the second wing,"
    He indicates to his left. "In room 1 are placed Argus d'Orien, Baldron d'Cannith, Aswar, and Ziggi Ir'Deni take your key and go.
    "In room 2 are Tayler d'Cannith, Rota d'Cannith, and Ania d'Velderan, and Gears.
    "If your name is Griffith Ir'Deni, Corr d'Cannith, or Terrien d'Cannith, head to room 4. Zuberi, Paaras, and Keraeni take room 5."
    Last edited by TRM; 2008-06-14 at 05:22 PM.
    silver

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Zuberi

The enormous drow scowls at Jaret's use of his name. When Jaret is done talking, Zuberi heads to his room, ducking under the doorframe on the way in, and sits crosslegged on the floor.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

23. - Top - End - #53

Aswar

Aswar's face turns into a gargantuan grin, he turns to the people he will be sharing a room with and says
    "Hah! No sharing room with the mind-reader! I hope none of you guys snore?"

He eyes the tall Drow suspiciously, but decides that his height would be at hindrance on a horse and tries not to smirk.

24. - Top - End - #54

Argus d'Orien

"Not that I've been told," he says to Aswar, "Jaret, are we being debriefed right after stowing our packs or later on?"
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Jaret waves his hand dismissively at Argus. "Return to the courtyard in 5 minutes, we'll find a more suitable place then. I assume one of you will let Phar'yn know as well?"

Zuberi:
    The rooms are nondescript, but large enough to fit you easily. There are 4 straw pallets lain out across the room, two small tables with water jugs on them, and a bucket in one corner. Room number 5 has a window and looks out onto the cobblestone courtyard; the afternoon sunlight filters through the open shutters, lighting the room slightly.
    silver

26. - Top - End - #56

Keraeni

Keraeni heads to his quarters and leaves his pack, before returning, eager to set off and have a look round the city.

27. - Top - End - #57

Ania d'Velderan

Ania likewise stows her gear, making small talk with her new roommates to make up time for not having spoken with them much on the journey; she can see the current arrangements becoming a fixture. She keeps her dagger and spell reagents, adding her reference text on Giant glyphs to the satchel, and dons a battered-looking wide-brimmed hat.

The commotion manages to wake Keth, who has been snoozing in her pack since well before leaving the airship. The sage takes up residence on his master's shoulder, and Ania adds a bit of feed to her reagent pouch before heading back down.

28. - Top - End - #58

Argus d'Orien

Argus goes up to his room and dumps his pack on a pallet closest to the window. After going out into the hall he pauses and looks over to the fifth room.

Better tell the big guy.

Argus knocks on the door before opening it to see the huge drow sitting on the floor.

"Name's Argus, Zuberi, just letting you know that Jaret wants us in the courtyard in a few minutes. Out of curiosity, would you like to be addressed in the common tongue," he coughs and changes his voice to be sharper and lighter, and begins speaking in the language of the drow, "Or the tongue of the drow?"
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Aswar

Aswar quickly rode over to the stables and paid the stable-boy a whole piece of silver to take extra good care of his horse.
    "We'll be out of here soon Kastanje, I know the city is noisy, and smelly, and horrible in a thousand different ways. It's just that the people Im working for feels like taking a stroll...", Aswar said to the horse as he leant closer, whispering into its ear as he patted the horses mane.

He packed the rest of his backpack and left it on his straw-pallet, all neatly laid out. He had left his spear with the stable and only carried a shield and his sword now.

Aswar refitted the knot that held his pony-tail in the back of his neck as he walked outside to join the others at the courtyard, his jet-black hair was now pulled perfectly back into the pony-tail, and his armor consisting of leather and chain, fitted him as if it was a masterfully tailored one, it did not shift an inch as he moved.

30. - Top - End - #60

After several minutes of waiting, Jaret d'Cannith finally arrives. "Are you all here? Good. We're going to move to my room for you debriefing—I assume that all of you will fit."

Everyone follows the expedition leader excitedly, anxious to get information at last. You walk into the other wing, opposite from where the rest of you are roomed, and down a long corridor to room 95. He unlocks the door and walks in, leaving the door open for the rest of you. His room is laid out in the same way as the others: a spartan room with a window and a table; the only difference is that his room has a real bed rather than straw pallets.
    Jaret d'Cannith sits down on the bed and waits for everyone to enter before beginning to speak.

"We are headed for the zi Kel ruins, a former Giant library just outside of Stormreach; and by 'just outside' I of course mean less than 5 days of travel. But don't worry, you'll barely notice that any time is passing you'll be so entranced with the wildlife." He chuckles coldly before speaking again.
    "Once we're there, our task will be both straightforward and at the same time confusing; zi Kel is stocked full of Giant lore on almost every topic imaginable, but it hasn't been explored fully. The good news is that it's close enough that we'll be able to make the most out of our 21 days here. Yes, 21 days is all the funding those tight-fisted bastards back in Khorvaire would give me.
    "Once we're in zi Kel we'll be looking for anything that makes mention of warforged or constructs; rare forges count, as do disabled warforged. Questions?"
    silver