New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: Key of Destiny

1. - Top - End - #691
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Key of Destiny

Sir Vazler Init: 15 AC: 19 HP: 13

Seeing nobody leave, the knight heaved his longsword upon his opponent as they continued their back-and-forth, letting out a grunt as he struck the nerakan officer's parrying weapon.

"Caminus! Listen to me! You can see the odds are stacked in their favour and we are wounded beyond my ability to heal quickly! You must run! You above all others can see unbiased fact!" Sir Vazler called out, raising his shield in rebuttal to the officer's assault.
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2009-02-15 at 01:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Wishing that Vazler would follow his own advice, Talia does her best to finish her opponent quickly, so that she could cover the others' retreat. Her voice is low and ragged as she addresses the Nerakan.

"I worship the Mother of All. And believe me when I tell you that Mother Is Not Happy Right Now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Smite Evil:

Attack on P2: (1d20+9)[29]
    Crit on 19-20 (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[11]

If this strike drops him, she will move into engaging position with L2 if he has advanced, or to O7 otherwise to cover the others.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2009-02-16 at 05:43 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #693
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tobin moves back toward Caminus to protect the mage against possible attacks from the newly arrived patrol. The Silvanesti wizard is scowling badly but, for once, he agrees with Sir Vazler. "You are right. We cannot win this fight. Neither can you!"

As it becomes clear that Caminus will also retreat, Talia makes her move to cover their retreat. He greatsword swipes in a wide arc in front of her, cutting deep through armour and flesh. The nerakan gasps in pain and collapses, allowing Talia to begin the protective retreat.

Ivestka doesn't quite have as much success. Her initial intimidation made her opponent pale, cringe and actually step back, but between the arrival of a second patrol, her subsequent clumsy strike and the party's retreat preparation, he stood his ground.

Letting everyone slip away isn't in the Dark Knights' intention, though, and the gist of the second patrol is quick to move past their leader and launch the assault. One of them charges at the kender, a second aims straight for the paladin while a third goes around to lend a hand to the first patrol.

Their attacks were swift and precise - surprisingly so - and both Talia and Tobin received grievous wounds again. The Dark Knight attacking Ivestka wasn't as skilled but, in her rage, the Kagonesti gave little attention to defence and she was unable to parry the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've reddened what is new from this post. Also, I'd like to say I have been rolling rather high. Scary how I only do that when I DM. Also, to keep things running smoothly, I've put both Dark Knight Leaders on the same initiative: the lowest of the two. Thus, I need Vazler and William's actions.

Party Status - those are since the beginning of the fight.
    Vazler - 4 damage taken
    William - 11 damage taken, 7 healed.
    Talia - 19 damage taken (9 new damage this round)
    Ivestka - 16 damage taken (5 new damage this round)
    Celestial Dog - 14 damage (criticked. Dead)
    Tobin - 11 damage taken

Enemies Status
    Patrol Leader 1 - 11 damage, entangled.
    Patrol 1 - 13 damage, unconscious
    Patrol 2 - 18 damage, unconscious
    Patrol 3 - Unharmed

Patrol Leader 2 - 4 damage
    Patrol 4 - Unharmed
    Patrol 5 - Unharmed
    Patrol 6 - Unharmed

Ongoing Effect
    Tobin's Bardic Musc

New Initiative Order!
    Vazler - 15
    DK Patrol Leaders - 14
    Tobin - 11
    Talia - 10
    Ivestka - 8
    DK Patrols (3) - 5
    William - 1+
    Caminus - 1

New Map!

EDIT: My spoilers are bigger than the actual post!

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

William
    Init: 1+, AC 15, Touch 10, Flat 16, HP 3/12, Special: Combat Expertise

William raised his blade. He wanted to do something, instead of falling down. Fleeing was possible, but he knew he was in a vulnerable position if he made a move now. So, instead, he attacked the Dark Knight in front of Sir Vazler, realising the Dark Knight was wounded and hoping to make use of that. As he struck, he remained somewhat cautious, however.

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat Expertise for -1 to attack, +1 to AC.
    Attack Patrol Leader 1: (1d20+4)[21] 21
    Damage: (1d8+4)[6] 6
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2009-02-17 at 07:39 AM.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ducking back from the officer as William swung into him, Vazler saw a small opportunity for the group to escape. If they withdrew straight down the street, they could get away - but the remaining guards in front of him would likely lash out as they sped past. Hoping the injured one too wounded to contribute negatively to their cause anymore, Vazler leapt upon the one to his left, grabbing his pauldrons as he went past and trying to pull the man to the ground so the others could run past.

Party Reminder/OOC/Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just incase any of you guys sometimes forget all the available manoeuvres in a combat (I know I do - I had to look up my next move ), you can withdraw as a full-round action that doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity, allowing you to move twice your movement rate. I'm lookin' at you, Talia and Tobin!

Anyway! My action - Vazler will attempt to grapple P3. He'll get an attack of opportunity on me, and will no longer threaten adjacent squares if I successfully grapple him.

Melee Touch Attack - (1d20+4)[11]
    Grapple Check - (1d20+4)[16]
    Grapple Damage - (1d3+1)[4]
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2009-02-17 at 09:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Tobin swayed as he looked down at the blood spatter that had just came out of him. I think I'm getting way to used to seeing my own blood. He thought while he defiantly played on. Retreat does seem like a good idea. Just until the ground stops moving. Tobin then backed up as quickly as possible while maintaining his guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't believe how lucky I am to have that one hit point left. Using this oppurtunity to withdraw straight back 40 feet. I'll go staight over that unconcious dark knight. Also this server trouble is getting to be really annoying.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure that initiating a grapple is the best way to start a retreat.

It's an interesting reading of the Measure, though, Parrallathan. I picture a wartime scenario in which a Solamnic knight is leading a unit of militia. They are in serious danger of being overrun, and so the knight calls a retreat...but stays behind to get killed. Hmm. No wonder the Solamnics sort of died out for a long time.*

Talia will take a 5' step northeast to N8 in order to try to help cover Tobin's retreat, and slashes out at the knight that dared attack the brave kender.

Attack: (1d20+6)[11]
    Crit on 19-20: (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage: (2d6+5)[9]

* I tease. I'm playing a wannabe Knight of Solamnia in another game with Annalia right now. I sympathize.[/roll]
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2009-02-20 at 10:42 AM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #698

William's sword struck true, further damaging the Dark Knight leader. Although he was bleeding heavily, the man wasn't down yet and he continued to fight against both goo and knight.

As the group began a slow retreat, Caminus called forth a thick fog to cover them and hide them from enemies eyes.

Initiative!
    Vazler - 15
    DK Patrol Leaders (2) - 14
    Tobin - 11
    Talia - 10
    Ivestka - 8
    DK Patrols (4) - 5
    William - 1+
    Caminus - 1

Dark Knight Patrol Faceoff - Round 4!

As Vazler advanced on the patrol knight before him and attempted to take him down, the Nerakan slashed viciously at him. The bastard sword cut in deep along his arm and left his arm bleeding.

Even though he was being prudent, William was unable to avoid the Patrol Leader's next attack. Finally overcoming the goo's added difficulty, the Nerakan slashed hard at the bard, sending him back into unconsciousness. As the celestial dog dissipated before him, the second patrol leader rushed forward and attacked Talia. He managed to get the strike in even through the fog, but the hit was a minor one.

As Tobin swiftly retreated away from the Dark Knight, Talia stepped forward to the Nerakan responsible for the kender's most recent wounds. Her sword banged against his armour and he turned to face her fully.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I do apologise for the fog. I actually expected it to ruin attacks, not just stand around and do nothing. Well, you now will have to deal with it too, I guess. It is now Ivestka's turn.

Vazler - 10 damage taken (5 new damage this round)
    William - 18 damage taken, 7 healed. (7 new damage this round)
    Talia - 22 damage taken (3 new damage this round)
    Ivestka - 16 damage taken
    Tobin - 11 damage taken

Enemies Status
    Patrol Leader 1 - 17 damage, entangled.
    Patrol 3 - Unharmed

Patrol 4 - Unharmed
    Patrol 5 - Unharmed
    Patrol 6 - Unharmed

Ongoing Effect
    Tobin's Bardic Music
    Fog, 20% Concealment in melee, 50% in range.

The (Fixed) Map
    Last edited by Annalia; 2009-02-19 at 08:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Iv

statblock:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ivestka
    F CG(ish) Kagonesti (elf) Barbarian, Level 2, Init +3, HP 1 (-3)/19, Speed 40
    AC 13, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Greatsword 5 (2d6+3, 19-20/x2)
    cold iron Cold Iron Short Sword 5 (1d6+3, 19-20/x2)
    Long Bow (see below) 5 (1d6, x3)
    Leather armor (+2 Armor, +3 Dex, -2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 13
    Condition Poisoned by spider bite (-1 STR)
    Raging

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I understand it correctly, Iv can see William fall, and can see P3 but not Vazler or L1. She can hear the sounds around her, but it is notoriously difficult to tell directions and distance in a fog, especially when you have echoes from streets and walls to distort sound. Vazler's attempt to grapple P3 failed due to the AoO from P3, so P3 is still standing there in the way.

Realizing that her only hope of survival was to disengage as quickly as possible and get to a healer before the fury of her ancestors left, Iv swung with all her might at the patrolman in front of William.

combat:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Power Attack for all the money
    Attack - (d20+6)[25] -2 for Power Attack, +1 for bard song
    Crit Confirm - (d20+6)[18]
    Damage - (2d6+13)[19]+4 from Power Attack, +1 for bard song
    Crit Damage - (2d6+13)[21]

edit
    : So that would be a crit
    Unless the sumbitch ducked in the fog

If the patrolman fell, she turned and picked up her fallen friend. (If she could do so without suffering an attack of opportunity from the entangled patrol leader).

Whatever happened, she roared in her heavily accented common, "Now you have made me angry. I will eat your flesh and feed your souls to my ancestors. Stay; I hunger!"
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2009-02-19 at 10:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #700

In her fury, Ivestka's greatsword described a graceful and powerful arc through fog and nerakan flesh. She came close to take Vazler's fingers with it, but it was in the end a perfect strike. The Dark Knight fell to the ground with a cry, quite dead. Ivestka bent over William and swiftly picked him up.

Surprised by the fog, the three remaining patrol knights did not move much. One slowly made its way to Vazler and took a clumsy strike at him but, even with a Patrol chief to aid him, he couldn't get his sword to hit anything else than armour.

The two others remained close to Talia and decided that before they moved to any other target, they should put down the woman who so determinedly blocked their path. While one sword slashed harmlessly past her, the other blade found its target. Resilient as she may be, the paladin finally fell.

William continued to bleed.

Caminus was heard chanting once more through the fog, although none could truly see the effect of his latest spell. The horn of the third patrol was heard from outside the fog, getting ever closer. Hearing it, the first patrol leader once more called for the group "You will not escape. This is your last chance: surrender now!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that would bring us back to Vazler's initiative count.

Vazler - 10 damage taken (5 new damage this round)
    William - 19 damage taken, 7 healed. (7 new damage this round) + 1 bleeding
    Talia - 26 damage taken (4 new damage this post, 3 in the previous)
    Tobin - 11 damage taken

Enemies Status
    Patrol Leader 1 - 17 damage, entangled.
    Patrol 3 - Too much damage, dead.

Patrol 4 - Unharmed
    Patrol 5 - Unharmed
    Patrol 6 - Unharmed

Ongoing Effect
    Tobin's Bardic Music

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Hearing Talia fall, Iv whispered hoarsely to Sir Vazler, "I have William. Can you take Talia to safety?" and prepared to run (encumbered though she was by her burden) down one of the side alleys.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grasping William's shoulder briefly before Ivestka fled with him, he glanced to her and nodded. "You have my word. Take the alleyways and avoid areas with people of any sort to avoid their patrols. Kiri-jolith goes with you." His hand shone a golden light onto William as he did as he channelled Kiri-Jolith's magic into him.

With that, Vazler ran toward Talia through the mist and knelled next to her, trying to lift her onto his shoulders.

Question/OOC/Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vazler will cast Cure Minor Wounds on William so he doesn't bleed out (he's now stabilised) provided that Barbarians don't bleed out when rage stops. I think they just hit the minus HP that they're supposed to be at, but don't bleed it out, I'm not sure. If they do bleed out, I'll cast Cure Light Wounds on Ivestka - after all, if she passes out a few rounds down the street from here, William's pretty screwed unless he stops bleeding or Caminus + Tobin find them and stop the bleeding. One way or another, I'll do both rolls.

Cure Minor Wounds - 1
    Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+2)[9]
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2009-02-22 at 09:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Tobin stops playing the flute and pulls out his sling, shooting at the silhouette of the dark knight leader, hoping that this will finally put him out of the fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    roll to hit (d20+8)[20] +1 for bard song, +1 for him being withen 30 feet. roll for concelment (d100)[83] and now roll for damage (d3)[3] no penetly on damage right now.
    Edit: please tell me that Tobin knocked out the knight in shot the our knight has been fighting since round one
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2009-02-22 at 11:52 AM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #704

Initiative!
    Vazler - 15
    DK Patrol Leaders (2) - 14
    Tobin - 11
    Talia - 10
    Ivestka - 8
    DK Patrols (4) - 5
    William - 1+
    Caminus - 1

Dark Knight Patrol FaceOff - Round 5!

Vazler turned to Ivestka and extended a gauntleted hand towards her, but as his eyes left his two enemies, they took swift actions. Bastard swords cut through flesh and as intense pain took over Sir Vazler's brain, the golden light vanished from his hand. He never got the chance to touch the Kagonesti elf.

"Alright, boys, the knight is down! Be careful were you hit and remember: it's alive if possible!" With that, the leader took a swing at Ivestka. Between the goo, trying not to hit any vital spot and trying not to strike William, he was unable to get to Iveska.

Tobin could only vaguely see the Nerakan's form in the fog, but it was enough to see he was distracted and take a shot with his sling. The bullet hit the knight hard and made him drop his sword and stagger in surprise and pain. Dizzied, he simply stared through the fog trying to guess where that had come from.

Talia continued to bleed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have checked the barbarian's rage and nowhere is it specified that they do not bleed if they hit the negatives. I'm saying it as a future reference, as Vazler is now unconscious and never could finish his spell. I will need Ivestka's actions.

Also, I have taken a closer look at Ivestka's HP, and I have her at 6 HP while raging. Meaning that once you lose the rage, you'll be be at 2 HP, not somewhere in the negatives. (Damage used for that was the 16 listed under here, +1 for exploding crone). I guess that's at least one good news?

Vazler - 21 damage taken, (11 new damage this round).
    William - 19 damage taken, 7 healed.
    Talia - 26 damage taken
    Celestial Dog - 14 damage, dead.
    Tobin - 11 damage taken

Enemies Status
    Patrol Leader 1 - 20 damage, entangled and staggered.
    Patrol 3 - Too much damage, dead.

Patrol 4 - Unharmed
    Patrol 5 - Unharmed
    Patrol 6 - Unharmed

Ongoing Effect
    Tobin's Bardic Music (Round 1/5)

The Map!

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

William
    HP: -5/12 -> -6/12, Still Bleeding

Unaware of his surroundings, William still resides in his unconscious state. In the mean time, his body is in a pretty bad shape too, with blood staining his clothes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stabilise roll (10=stabilise): (1d10)[6] 6
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2009-02-22 at 03:14 PM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Talia slumps to the ground, her bravado leaking out with a mixture of other vital fluids.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vazler

The squire felt the strike to the back first, and cursed the dishonourable cur that struck him from behind as he slumped to his knees. The light extinguished from his hand, and he glanced upward momentarily, feeling blood seep from the gash across his back. Slumping over onto his side, he felt his eyes roll into his head as he reached a feeble arm out to where Talia was, before slowly descending into unconsciousness.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Iv snarled at the patrolmen approaching, "I will come for you later, dogs!" and stepped back into the fog away from the entangled leader. She could only hope Tobin would show enough sense to run away. Once in the mouth of the alley she turned and moved at the best speed she could away from the patrols and towards a quiet place where she could try to bind her friend's wounds before his life leaked out.

movement:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diagonally to M4, then up the alley (row M) another 45' unless something or someone stops her.
    Dial up computer + GiTP server issues
    = infrequent visits to site

19. - Top - End - #709

William firmly set in her arms, Ivestka finally ran away from the remaining Dark Knights. "Someone go after her!" the entangled leader called out, and from the sound of clanking armour, someone did in fact head in Ivestka's general direction. From the bumping sound and loud swearing, he also hit the wall before he found the alleyway.

The other leader didn't waste time in give his own orders either. "Blasted fog! Longshot, find the kender. Derring, keep these fools from dying or ye'll be reported in as a slacker! I'll get the spellslinger."

Apparently, the boys knew their jobs, because they moved out immediately. One of them was quick enough to move around Tobin and block the most obvious path of retreat. One Dark Knight knelt next to Talia and took out a few bandages. He had trouble working in the fog, but soon he'd stalled the blood flow and gave a quick fix to Talia's most important wounds.

William bled (as per his above post).

The second leader let his man behind as he ran after Caminus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ivestka won't be able to run through the alley, as she'll find getting a straight line hard enough. For the same reasons (along with the fact alleys are littered with trash), knights won't be able to charge in it.

Talia is stabilised. The Dark Knight following Iv is 25 feet behind her at the moment.

Map for Tobin is coming up soon.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2009-02-25 at 09:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin
    Tobin grins as he prepares to dash by the knight, he quickly streachs out some kinks in his arms and runs forward trying to deke the knight out at the last second. After getting past the knight he quickly moves down the allyway, looking back every once in a while to check on the pursuit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright it all comes down to a tumble check
    (d20+9)[22] well the knight could miss but I don't want to depend on that.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #711

Tobin successfully tumbles past the guard, sticking his tongue at him as he fled. "You little brat!" the guard exclaimed, going after him.

After fixing Talia, the first-aid-kit guard moved from her to Vazler. He cut off the Solamnic's armour straps with a smirk before pushing off the main plate to get better access to the wounds. He immediately started working on them.

The patrol leader who went after Caminus swore loudly, his vocabulary indicating that something painfully pointy had just entered his foot. Apparently, the Silvanesti wizard had planned his retreat.

Perhaps it was the blood that clogged her hair and stuck to her face, or the rush of adrenaline slowly diminishing, but Ivestka spotted no quick and suitable hiding places. The piles of detritus she saw would take too long to move around in a credible manner and the Dark Knight was still on her heels.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, I've gone out of initiative for now, but one round has passed (for the sake of your rage). Vazler is stabilized. Tobin's tumble was a success. Ivestka didn't find anything, but she can roll another Spot check for the next round.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Gritting her teeth to hold in the growls she lusted to make, Iv continued to look for a place where she could lay down her burden.

spot - (1d20+0)[1]
    Dial up computer + GiTP server issues
    = infrequent visits to site