New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Key of Destiny

1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Key of Destiny

William
    HP 1/8 (3nonlethal, 4 lethal), AC 15

William breathes loudly as he saw the gaping wound on his leg, William limped a few paces back as he saw Ivestka strike true to the knight. Seeing her continue, despite the call for surrender, and boosted by the melody that Tobin is weaving, William decides to continue, despite starting to feel pretty beaten up. If the knight in front of him is not downed by Ivestka's strike yet, William will strike at him, otherwise at the knight near Tobin. "Time to be brave-ow-, William." And with that, he let his whip crack through the air again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Was trying to move into a position so the nearest knights did not got cover from my whip. Also can not flank with my whip.

Attacking knight attacking me if he still stands, otherwise knight attacking Tobin.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[14] 14, Nonlethal Damage: (1d3+4)[5] 5
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-11 at 07:37 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler - Initiative:9 AC: 19 HP: 9

Sir Vazler continued to fight valiantly, his resolve only bolstered by the melodies of the flute from his kender companion. He struck out at his honourless foe.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll - (1d20+4)[8] - Thanks to the awesome Bard Song!
    Critical Confirmation - (1d20+4)[8]

Damage Roll - (1d8+4)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Although apparently quite adept at defending himself, Vazler seemed to have trouble landing a blow on his Nerakan opponent - honourless or not.

Still hiding at the edge of the main square, Caminus realised Tobin was in more trouble that he could handle. Calling forth the teachings on Lunitari, he exchanged the kender's location with his hawk's. Used to this tactoc, Buteo immediately flew upward in front of a visibly surprised Dark Knight. The Nerakan had barely the time to wonder what was going on before the sickening cloud enveloped him.

Initiative!
    Talia - 20
    Ivestka - 19
    Tobin - 17
    Emaline - 17
    William - 16
    Dark Knights - 10
    Vazler - 9
    Caminus - 8

Riot Fight - Round 5!

Talia's attack went right through the knight's defences, stopping his movement. He coughed a bit of blood, wiped it out and staggered back. Although not unconscious, he would not fight more.

Finally a complete harmony between raging anger, impulsions and fighting skills, Ivestka brought her greatsword in a swift, powerful horizontal arc - cutting off an arm and opening a good part of his side. The Dark Knight's eyes lolled backward, and he fell to the ground.

Tobin had felt a slight tugging at its belly-button - an amusing feeling, if there was any - and suddenly found himself in a tree, at the edge of the square. He had quite a nice view of the ongoings from there, and knew his flute would be heard all across the main plaza. Smiling, the kender began his tune.

The Herald's head lifted quickly when he heard the music, and he questionned Emaline. The ongoing riot covered their voices as they exchanged a few words, but Tobin, Caminus, Ivestka and William could see the innkeeper gesture at them and at Vazler, making his stand with Talia. The Herald nodded, straightened up and spoke. His voice carried across the square, soft yet heard by all.

"Out of the village, out of the thatched and clutching shires,
    Out of the grave and furrow, furrow and grave,
    Where his sword first tried
    The last cruel dances of childhood, and awoke to the shires
    Forever retreating, his greatness a marshfire,
    The banked flight of the Kingfisher always above him,
    Now Human walked upon Roses,
    In the level Light of the Rose."

The Song of Huma. The Herald had only chanted the first few lines, his voice in harmony with Tobin's flute, but ages-old music - one of the elven bard Quivalen's Soth best work - was known to all. Sir Vazler - who knew the entire canticle by heart - was reminded of the Solamnic's goals, purposes and greatest glories. Bolstered, he fought the dismayed Dark Knights with renewed energy.

Ivestka's opponent being quite dead, William moved up to Tobin's. He could barely make out the Dark Knight's shape in the dark, toxic fumes, but he cracked his whip at it nonetheless - and hit the coughing nerakan. The man drew in a quick breath under the pain, which only served to absorb more of Caminus' cloud. He gagged one last time, and lost consciousness.

Sensing the situation slipping out of their control, the three remaining Dark Knight pressed their attacks. Infused with a energy beyond his normal skill, Sir Vazler had no trouble blocking the two Dark Knights' attacks. Talia's remaining opponent, however, managed to score a hit. Pained flashed through the paladin's head, and she blacked out.

Spoiler
    Show
    First: Damage Taken this Round!
    Talia: 6 lethal (which, I believe, puts you at -2.)

Second: Villains Apparent State!
    Dark Knight VS Talia1: 8 lethal, Staggered, moving away.
    Dark Knight VS Talia2: Uninjured
    Dark Knight VS Vazler1: Uninjured
    Dark Knight VS Vazler2: Uninjured
    Dark Knight VS Tobin: 3 lethal damage, 5 non-lethal. Out cold.
    Dark Knight VS Iv+Will: 6 non-lethal, 14 lethal. Dying. Fast.

Other stuff!
    I considered Tobin a 'willing target' for Caminus' spell. Not only because their allies, but because I know very little kenders who wouldn't investigate the tingling in the belly button. If there was a problem with it, do tell!

Now, on to the crunchy part of what just happened. Parra? Sir Vazler is now under an Inspire Greatness effect. Meaning, in this case:
    1. 17 Temporary Hit Points (gained through 2 bonus HD)
    2. A +2 Competence bonus to attack rolls
    3. A +1 Competence bonus to Fortitude Saves.

This makes me think Solamnic Knights should always have bards handy. It helps with the heroics.
    Also, all credits to Weis and Hickman for the song. I don't have that talent, I assure you. I just knew where to find it!

Next Round Actions!
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-06-12 at 01:07 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka

Iv looked quickly over the square. Tobin was safe; she would try to understand what had happened later. The Herald was up and moving, as was Emaline. William and Talia were in trouble.

"William Jackson! Can you make it back to the others or need you my help?," demanded Iv, curtly. If he asked, she draped his arm over one shoulder and ran back toward the inn. Otherwise, Iv turned and ran at her best speed to Talia's side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: 19
    HP: 11/15[13] AC 13; FF 10; Touch 11
    Fort +3; Rec +3; Will +2
    Enraged for 4 rounds

By preference, Iv would charge and attack DK vs Talia 2 this round. She will move at her best speed, even if she is unable to attack once she gets there.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin looks over to where Talia had falled, but seeing Inveska rushing over Tobin refrains from jumping down to help, as he still felt a little woozy from the fight. Tobin carries on playing into the next verse of the song.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just keep the inspire courage going for this round.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

William Jackson

Limping, with a look of pain on his face, William nodded. "I'm.. fine. Go do yourrgrm, thing. I'm fine, really." He said, the interruptions caused by some bad movements on his part. He limps towards the inn, feeling bad that he could not join. But even one punch would tip him over in this state.. and it did seem Ivestka was basically telling him to go back to the others unless he misinterpreted that. "Oh, drat, I wish I could have been more heroic.." He mutters to himself as he staggers away, towards the inn and trying to avoid black knights. He looks at Talia and a look of sorrow comes on his face. "Please be alright." He mutters again to himself as he continues to move limpingly. His pain is great enough for him to forget about the Herald's words momentarily, though he does think the Herald is quite the person.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to the inn.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-12 at 03:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler - Initiative: 9 AC: 19 HP: 26

Sir Vazler felt the fond chorus of Huma's song pound through his heart, the echoing voices of his solamnic brothers in arms chanting alongside him, the very town around him changing to the scene of a heated battle - he almost felt like he was spiralling into the very conflict at the high clerist's tower itself. He saw Talia fall, and his duty to protect cried out to him like the roar of the overhead dragons.

"Come and face me, evil embodiments of a fallen Queen! Challenge me with all your might, and the Solamnic order will best you in righteous cause!"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Vazler five-foot steps next to Talia, then strikes his non-saluting foe!
    Attack Roll - (1d20+6)[15]
    Critical Confirmation - (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage Roll - (1d8+4)[9]
    Critical Damage - (1d8+4)[10]
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-06-12 at 05:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

8. - Top - End - #98

Inspired by the Song of Huma, Vazler's swing went right through the Dark Knight's armour, opening a great gash. The man eyes lolled and he fell down, unconscious. Satisfied with how things were now unfolding, Caminus began edging his way toward the inn but remained otherwise silent.

Initiative!
    Talia - 20
    Ivestka - 19
    Tobin - 17
    Emaline - 17
    William - 16
    Dark Knights - 10
    Vazler - 9
    Caminus - 8

Riot Fight - Round 6!

Talia was still unconscious, and the pool of blood under her slowly becomes larger, but Ivestka quickly charged in. His sword bloodied, the Dark Knight had turned to Sir Vazler; he never saw the barbarian coming. With one great swipe of her weapon, Ivestka felled him.

Tobin's flute continued to play as William, Emaline and the Herald made their way towards the inn. Pleased to have someone accompanying him, the old bard kept up singing.

"And troubled by Dragons, he turned to the end of the land,
    To the fringe of all sense and senses,
    To the Wilderness, where Paladine bade him to turn,
    And there in the loud tunnel of knives
    He grew unblemished violence, in yearning,
    Stunned into himself by a deafening gauntlet of voices."

As he sang the last verse, Emaline crouched next to Talia. Through the blackness, the unconscious paladin felt an appeasing warmth. She woke up to the Song of Huma and Emaline's worried face.

The rioting crowded had nearly entirely left: a few bystanders could not resist the strange show unfolding before them and stayed at the edge, but many had left to tend to their bruises. Standing not far from the square's center, the leader had a slightly-panicked look about him. The horns answering his call for reinforcements were not close enough to his liking, and there was only one man left between him and the Solamnic. "Retreat! Fran, retreat and wait for reinforments!" he called.

The other Dark Knight glimpsed back, disengaging Sir Vazler momentarily. His face was a mix of anger and determination. He did not answer his superior, but neither did he step back. "Fran!" The leader called again, already moving back.

"Knights of Takhisis did not fall back!" he finally replied, sword still raised. Apparently, tales of Huma's glory were not inspiration solely for Knights of Solamnia. His leader scoffed. "Knights of Takhisis are dead, and so will you be!" Apparently deciding his soldier was a desperate cause, he gave up and reached the other end of the square.

The remaining knight - none other than the one who'd saluted - turned back to Vazler. "So be it." he whispered, before engaging the Solamnic Knight. His sword clanked harmlessly off Vazler's shield.

Spoiler
    Show
    First: Damage Healed this Round!
    Talia: 5 HP Cured!

Second: Villains Apparent State!
    Dark Knight VS Talia1: Gone
    Dark Knight VS Talia2: Bleeding all over the ground. Dying.
    Dark Knight VS Vazler1: Also dying.
    Dark Knight VS Vazler2 (Fran): Uninjured
    Dark Knight VS Tobin: 3 lethal damage, 5 non-lethal. Out cold.
    Dark Knight VS Iv+Will: Dying still.

Other stuff!
    The leader could be reached by Ivestka with a double-movement. All others are too far away. Otherwise, I believe there's nothing to add.

Last Round (?) Actions!
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-06-12 at 06:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler - Initiative: 9 AC: 19 HP: 26

Sir Vazler saluted his opponent once more, smiling slightly at the respect his enemy had warranted from him. He blocked the attack with his shield, attempting to shove the blade aside and get a clear strike into his midriff.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll - (1d20+6)[26]
    Critical Confirmation - (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage Roll - (1d8+4)[12]
    Critical Damage - (1d8+4)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

PirateCaptain

Caminus

Sighing, the mage diverts his course to mingle with the gathered crowd and circle behind the leader and his bodyguard.

ooc: Thanks for NPCing Cam for me - just like I would have! I am assuming that Caminus cannot get within 15' of the leader and henchman, correct? If he can, here comes the color spray (Will DC 15) If not, he will be far enough away so he can move in to range next round and cast.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka

Ivestka spoke one brusk sentence to Emaline, "I owe you a debt," and then turned in relief as Talia began to awaken. Teeth bared, she saw the leader of the Dark Knights begin his retreat. The logical, sensible choice was to retreat themselves into whatever safety they could find. Ivestka wasn't feeling logical or sensible. Holding her greatsword at the ready, she began to run towards the enemy, snarling in a wordless counterpoint to the song behind her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, yes, Iv will attempt to take him down.

Crunchy stuff:
    Initiative: 19
    HP: 11/15[13] AC 13; FF 10; Touch 11
    Fort +3; Rec +3; Will +2
    Enraged for 3 more rounds

Perform (drum) to keep tempo during her charge: (d20+2)[16]
    (She is more interested in getting there quickly, however, and will not sacrifice speed for style)

12. - Top - End - #102

The Dark Knight answered Vazler's smile with a grim face, visibly holding no illusion about his fate. He brought his bastard sword down to stop Vazler's strike, but the Solamnic's longsword had just the right angle and was slightly faster: it slipped past the parry and under his breastplate. The knight's grip on his blade relaxed immediately, but he still used it for support as his knees reached the ground. After a few second in that position - the Herald's voice the only sound heard, as if it was accompanying the man's last moment - the knight collapsed.

"It was there and then that the White Stag found him,
    At the end of a journey planned from the shores of Creation,
    And all time staggered at the forest edge
    Where Huma, haunted and starving,
    Drew his bow, thanking the gods for their bounty
    and keeping,
    Then saw, in the ranged wood,
    In the first silence, the dazed heart's symbol,
    The rack of antlers resplendent."

Ivestka heard the Nerakan's sword fall to the ground as she dashed towards his captain. He heard her coming as she raised her greatsword to strike, but though he attempted to whirl around and block the blow with a shield, he was not fast enough. The Kagonesti's blade sank deep in his flesh and the man fell to the ground, in no better state than the soldier he'd predicted the death of. The Herald sang a last verse:

"He lowered the bow and the world resumed."

For a moment, the entire square fell completely silent. A horn sounded close, the arrival of reinforcements, and the awed hush broke. Eager whisper were exchanged as the few townsfolk remaining walked away, unwilling to be found by the incoming patrol. Caminus, Tobin and William joined with the rest of the group, and Emaline ushered them into the Five Dragons. "Into the Inn, quick, quick!" She looked at the other side of the square, calling out as loudly as she dared. "Lady Ivestka! Please, come back here!"

Looking rather dazed and still sporting a few bruises, the Herald stepped into the Inn.

Spoiler
    Show
    A pleasure, Darius. Glad to have you back in time for the more RP-ish part. And, yes, I have a flair for drama and as I don't have my own PC to develop it, I pick up random NPC and get my fun. Sad they often seem to die!

We are out of combat mode, so no need to keep to initiative anymore.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-06-13 at 12:56 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Sir Vazler withdrew his blade, whispering a quiet prayer to Kiri-jolith for his victory. He glanced about, acknowledging the call back to the inn. He let the others go ahead, entering last; but before he did so, he set his opponent's body flat on his back, and placed the man's arms across his midriff, before setting his bastard sword back into his hands. Vazler regretted he couldn't give his opponent an honourable burial, but he had to defend his friends and allies in the inn. Saluting him once more, Vazler turned and ran into the inn.

"Now that we have resolved that conflict - please come here, William." Sir Vazler requested, closing the door behind him. He stood near it, incase any Nerakans showed up. If William approaches, he begins to channel Kiri-jolith's divine energy upon the bard.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+1)[9]
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-06-13 at 05:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

William Jackson

William moves in a limping manner to Sir Vazler, and when Sir Vazler channels the divine energies to mend his wounds, the grim look on William's face from the pain turns into a smile, thankful of the healing that took place on his body. Able to walk normally again, William flexes his legs and body again and looks relieved. "You have my thanks, Sir Vazler."

Then, William looks over the square again. He looks at the hurt or potentially dead, for he could not discern the difference. He lets out a sigh. "And the day started out so well too.." He exclaims, obviously sad at what has happened. Yet, he feels something nagging in thought. With the reinforcements coming, them at the inn, the question was: "What do we do now?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka

Ivestka flicked the blood from her blade with a practiced twist. She nodded to Emaline, and after one quick glance around the square to make sure no enemies lingered, Iv ran over and picked up the long spear she had dropped. Sword in one hand, spear in the other, she ran at full speed to the inn.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Down 4 hp (9/13); Rage will expire in 2 rounds

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Sir Vazler smiled, offering a small nod to William. "A pleasure, William - you fought admirably."

"I have more potent healing essence at my command, but I do not believe we have any more serious injuries. Does anyone require minor wounds restored?" Sir Vazler asked, keeping his gaze on the square outside the inn from the door.

OOC Note to the Party:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have 5 0th level spells per day, and I need to use them! Cure Minor Wounds anyone? If you'd like the heal, just say you have a minor wound to be treated or something.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin finally managed to get down from his tree. Wiping some sap and bark from his hands and clothes Tobin walks over to where he had been fighting before. Getting there he retrevied his sling and started to trot back. Hearing one of the wounded soilders Tobin hesitates but hearing the horns he carries on without stopping. Reaching the knight Tobin arrives in time to hear the last comment. I'm fine, but would it be possible if you could heal some of those knights? Tobin says appearing compleatly misrable after walking past the dying men.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Sir Vazler looked sympathetically to the kender, shaking his head with a sad smile. "I'm sorry Tobin, but a true knight is proud to die for his cause, in honourable engagement with a revered opponent. To heal them would be to take what is rightly theirs, and dishonour them and their efforts."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Question Re: Key of Destiny

"Many kender sages believe death is only the beginning of another adventure." The Herald said softly, turning around to face the group.

His eyes widened in surprise, but he seemed to be looking elsewhere - as if other images flashed in his mind. "I recognize you! You are the one I dreamt off. The key that was meant for you fell into the wrong hands! You must get it back."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Talia dreamed of Kiri-Joleth and Mishakal, dancing with swords around her as she sunk into a pool of cool, calm water.

And then Emaline's touch. And light. And noise.

The warrior found the strength to smile and raise her head.

Whoo! Thanks. That's very nice of you.

Noticing the marked tendancy to get the heck out of the square, Talia found her feet again and retrieved her bloody knife. Wiping it hurriedly on the ground, she stumbled off with the publican towards a place of refuge.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

Sir Vazler risked a glance away from the door to look to the Herald. "You dreamt of us? Surely this is some kind of divine message - are you privy to such things, immortal Herald?" The knight replied, raising an eyebrow quizzically.

"What key do you speak of?" He added, now turning away from the door.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I remember being told that by one of my cousins. Tobin says feeling better A Key? For us? Who has it now? And can I have something to drink? Tobin asks the Herald and the innkeeper whose name Tobin can't remember.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Did we get any experince from that last fight?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

23. - Top - End - #113

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by TheHerald View Post

His eyes widened in surprise, but he seemed to be looking elsewhere - as if other images flashed in his mind. "I recognize you! You are the one I dreamt off. The key that was meant for you fell into the wrong hands! You must get it back."
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVazler

Sir Vazler risked a glance away from the door to look to the Herald. "You dreamt of us?
    Caminus

Walking in second to last the red-robed elf chides Tobin, "Try not to get into too much trouble next time, Tobin. My magic is limited," He looks over to Talia and finishes in the closest thing to an apology as has ever graced his lips, "or I would have saved you both."

When the Herald speaks, Caminus listens. A look of disgust crosses his face when the others (especially the squire) speak up. "Let us let the Herald finish, shall we? In addition, Sir Vazler, unless the Great Herald has misspoken, I believe the key he speaks of is for one of us." Caminus smirks a bit at finding a chink in the armor of the perfect knight's words.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

"Er - if you say so, Caminus." The knight replies, more confused than anything else at the wizard's seemingly pointless hostility. Vazler's confused look at the arcanist swiftly dissipates as he looks back to the Herald, awaiting clarification on the mage's remarks.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

The big woman rejoins the group, only to discover the men bickering again.

Hi guys. No, I'm fine. Thanks for checking.

She looks over at Ivestka.

You want me to have a look at that, Iv?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Ivestka

Iv, still enjoying the rush of adrenaline, pulled a well used cloth from her pouch and wiped down the head of her spear before leaning it somewhere handy. Next, she cleaned and sheathed her sword. She started to run upstairs for her bow when she staggered slightly, and put a hand out to lean against the wall.

Iv paused on the stairs, and murmured something in the dialect of the Kagonesti
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I thank you, Father, for upholding me in the battle."

She pushed herself upright and continued up the stairs towards her bow and quiver, although her steps were heavy and dragging with weariness.

Iv returned a moment later, all weapons to hand, and began to string her bow, speaking quietly as her energy returned. "Lady Talia Dire. Yes. I am glad that you are better. I feared for your life." She paused for a moment, obviously mentally replaying the earlier conversation. "Yes. This wound. Yes. I would appreciate any healing you might have for one such as I." For a moment she looked around at the others, glancing from the Herald to the innkeeper to the knight. "This one is tired and would rest a while but will be ready to resume battle in a few minutes." With that, she sat down in a handy chair, or if none were available, slid to a seat on the floor.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    down 4 hp; recovering from post-Rage fatigue

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Talia

Talia bends to examine Iv's wound.

I might be able to do something to help bandage that, but it'd be better if Sir Vazler took a look. I'm sorry.

A new thought occurs to her, and she looks around for Eloise.

Miss Eloise! Hate to be repaying your kindness with bringing law trouble down on your heads. You want us out, or to hide somewhere?

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, TwoCents. I'd forgotten that paladins don't get the lay on hands till level 2!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Tobin

Tobin grins at Camius and pours his pouchs out onto a table where he begins to sort them absently, while he waits for The Herald to continue.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #119

A good deal of Emaline's family were waiting in the Inn anxiously, and they were quick to tend to the group's needs. Tobin was brought a mug of beer as Emaline walked to Ivestka. "Let Sir Vazler keep his energy. I can tend to your injury." As she had with Talia, she placed her hands close to Iv's wound. White light spread out from it, and the damaged muscles knitted back together. Emaline then smiled at Talia. "They broke their own law first, and have nothing against me. It'd be best if you took the back door before they knock on the front one, however."

The Herald meanwhile did his best to answer the questions. "It has indeed happened before that I dream of possible events." He began, recollecting his thoughts. "It is fate that brought you together; the sylvan key is meant to be with the group as a whole. It is an ancient elven object, once kept in the Palace of Quinari, in the Kingdom of Silvanesti."

"My dream told of a former squire of the Dark Knight - now a petty criminal - who stole the key in his flight from the elven realm. His name is Pegrin, and should the sylvan key stay in the hands of the enemy, it will be squandered and abused."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, Cami, I know you love being right.
    -- 8 HP healed to Ivestka.
    And, yes, there is indeed XP for this fight, but I was lacking time to calculate it earlier. Goes up to 400 XP each!
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-06-13 at 11:15 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sir Vazler

"A squire that stole a key from an elven realm? Hm - that would mean this 'Pegrin' would have needed to be present during the raiding of Silvanost. Which leads me to believe he must be in Pashin; all the dark knights fell back to this position after the Minotaur took power." Sir Vazler concluded, placing a hand upon his chin.

"What does this key do, Immortal Herald?" The squire enquired.
    Spoiler
    Show