New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Pius Fidelus: The Oque

Plamal

Turn 3.5

"I look like beast because I tricked. Tricked by bad immortals. Bad immortals turn me into this form. Immortals two arms, two legs, make sound.2 Said Plamal trying to make it look like he has four legs. "You want food, fruit. You scared. Good food place too dangerous?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.5, Group 6, Plamal

"What beast? Not Oque. What?" Asks Kik from the tree he climbed in and is now looking down upon Plamal. It also yells something back at the others. "Look beast. Beast no climb. Come." And with that said, the two other Oque climb in the trees as well and move towards Plamal. They look down upon him and find it curious. They feel something for him, but they do not know how to describe their pity towards him. "No. Eat food. Food gone. Look food." Is the response one of the Oque gives to the last question from Plamal. "Why Immortal trick?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3.5; Eriond

After scrying the general world a bit, Eriond decided to just manifest at the first sign of sentient life he could find, and see what he could learn about the world. So when he saw some movement in the area that was marked with 'Oque' on the central map, he sent his avatar down to take a look.

Not sure what he could expect from these so-called 'Oque', he manifests himself about 10 meters away from where he saw something, and tries to sneak up on the creatures to observe them - in case the species were somewhat less peaceful than he hoped.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since the turn will end before too long, I decided to work in advance a bit.
    Also, it's nice to RP with someone who uses the same metric system as me for a change. Saves me the effort of googling a unit converter every time.
    Last edited by Ne0; 2008-06-01 at 09:05 AM.
    - When danger reared it's ugly head, it bravely turned it's tail and fled.
    Ah, the Socratic Method. The best way we have of teaching everything-apart from juggling chainsaws.

On an unrelated note, please click this link to support me in one of those fun browser games!

Beautifully detailed Rob avatar by Z-Axis

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.5, Group 5, Eriond
    {table=head]Huts|Light|Jolt
    Yes|No|No[/table]

Before Eriond gets close enough to the Oque, he hears the noise from the group. Most of it seems to come from up, in the trees. It is a normal day and the Oque are working on their huts, with some of the Oque having gone out to find food and water. Unfortunately, Eriond is not the best sneaky person and one of the Oque manages to spot him. And this is rather obvious when the Oque start shouting out "Beast!" "Danger!" "Flee!", which causes the bunch of Oque that is still on the ground to run up in the trees under their crude roofs and on their rare crude floors. They try to hide there, but mostly, they just try to stay away from that thing they saw.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

"Immortals trick as immortals very mean. Immortals think Oque stupid. Immortals think Oque won't trust a creature that looks like a beast. Immortal think they can trick you easy." Said Plamal. "I know Oque clever. I want stop immortals tricking Oque."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Plamal seems to not hold the interest span of two of the three Oque, who do not seem very interested. They are obviously weird beasts, so what? The third, who asked it, does seem interested, but eventually, Kik repeats his question. "What beast? Not Oque. What?" The other Oque seemed interested in this question as well.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3.5; Eriond

Ok...So far for that plan...

Eriond frowned. He had hoped for a more relaxed encounter with these creatures. But at least with all the Oque moving he had gotten a decent look at them. They seemed too small to impose any great danger to him - unless they'd gang up on him, and looking at their behavior, they weren't going to do that any time soon.
    He gave up his attempts to hide himself, and came out in the open. Not sure how to adress them, he said:
    "Please, don't be afraid...I mean you no harm. I just want to talk to you, and ask you some things."
    He held out his hands, trying to show them that he himself was no danger to them either.
    Last edited by Ne0; 2008-06-01 at 09:23 AM.
    Ah, the Socratic Method. The best way we have of teaching everything-apart from juggling chainsaws.

On an unrelated note, please click this link to support me in one of those fun browser games!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ardannis, Turn 3.0, Group 31

Ardannis pauses after the question about Krixal. Looking around, he grasps a small handful of flowers of different species that are growing nearby. He speaks slowly and carefully, pausing for a beat between each sentence, as he knows he's getting into a level of logic he hasn't tried with the Oque before.
    All flowers are called flowers. These two flowers look different. Still both flowers.
    All gods are gods. Krixal and Ardannis look different. Still both gods.

Concluding, he says Krixal is a god, but a different kind of god from Ardannis.

Looking around, he sees that their numbers have lessened, but tries to answer their questions first. Teach is show something new. When Ardannis show Oque how watch for beast, that teach. Ardannis already teach Oque much. But Ardannis' friends are fewer. Not as many Oque now. No young Oque. What has happened? Can Ardannis help?

Spoiler
    Show
    Slowly adding articles and helping verbs.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Plamal thought a bit, he didn't want these creatures to think he was one of the bad ones, he was onbe of the good ones. "I Plamal. I Ogd. Ogds helpful creatures. Ogds help Oque. Imoortals want kill Oque. Ogds want protect Oque"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.0, Group 31, Ardannis

"Tiktbt get. Gods Flowers." This caused some of the nearby Oque to look at Tiktbt. It decided to shut up for now. "Ardannis not Krixal." said Rtskink. It grasps a flower and another. "Look like flower. Different flower. Yes." Then, it points at Ardannis. "Not look like Krixal. Different god. No? Different thing. Yes?" Asked Rtskink, not entirely convinced. The two just looked a bit more different. "Teach good. Not many Oque. Tskybski die. Ckipxa die. Tskybski and Ckipxa pregnant. No children." said Qwerty, to answer the question. "Tskybski and Ckipxa bad. Children bad. Die with children." "Yes." "Ardannis help? Cvest hurt. Cvest walk. Cvest fall. Cvest hurt."

"Plamal bearst. What Ogd? What look?" "Why want protect? Why Oque? Oque not help Ogd. Why Ogd help Oque?" The questions got interrupted by the third Oque. "Want food." As for the Immortals, the three Oque simply thought of them as follows. "Immortals beasts."

The thing talked! The Oque were amazed. Nothing talked or made a sound besides Oque. Confused, and obviously baffled, they looked down. They made sure to stay with their huts and high in the trees as they looked down. "Beast?" "Talk." said two of the Oque.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

"Ogd kind creatures. Ogd powerful, Ogd support nature, Ogd created nature, Ogd make flowers bloom. All Ogd tricked. All Ogd look like me." Said Plamal. "Ogd not want immortals tricking Oque. Ogd kind."

Plamal then looks at the Oque. "We look for food now."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-06-01 at 10:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3.5; Group 5

Eriond nodded - even if the Oque didn't understand that gesture. Happy to get a chance to speak with these creatures, he quickly began. Even though the Oque had only spoken in one-word sentences, he assumed that they would be able to understand more complicated sentences. After all, they spoke the same language as him, no?
    "First of all, I'm no beast. Please call me Eriond. I am new to this world, and I would like to get to know you, the Oque."
    He added that last word just to make sure that they were indeed the so-calle Oque.
    "If you need help with something, please tell me. But first, I'd like to ask you some questions."
    Eriond had hundreds of questions for these strange creatures, but he decided that he should probably start with the things he considered to be his responsibilities.
    "Do you...dream?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

"Food." "Food" "Food." The three Oque and Plamal went out to look for food. Time passed and eventually they found food. They ate themselves full, after which they returned with some food to the group in the trees. Kik went ahead to tell the others of Plamal. Arriving at the settlement, Plamal noticed that the other Oque looked weirdly at him and stayed away from him, finding him very weird. But they allowed him to stay and Kik and the other two Oque remained around him for a while. Eventually, it started to get darker and the Oque asked Plamal some questions. "Plamal stay?" "What Plamal do?"

The Oque looked down, curious at the strange being down there. It continued to speak in its long and weird sentences and eventually, it had a question. The Oque just looked down, letting the other two speak. Some spoke to each other, wondering what this Eriond was. "What dream?" "Why come?"

14. - Top - End - #104

Yes! Ardannis grins at Rtskink, glad that he'd understood. His face grew solemn as he heard about Tskybski and Ckipxa, though. Very sad. Oque should not die when pregnant. When he hears Cvest, he moves towards him, examining the leg. Ardannis will help if he can, he said. He looks closely and carefully, trying to determine what is wrong. Leg not work well? he asks.

It appears these Oque have more troubles than I expected. Hopefully I can help them. Maybe my staff will be useful here. He fingers it thoughtfully before laying it on the ground next to him as he examines Cvest.

Spoiler
    Show
    *wince* I was hoping that Tskybski/Ckipxa thing would come up the last time I was traveling with them, but I couldn't ask about it without metagaming. Oh well, not like Ardannis' talents run to healing or midwifing anyway.

Also, "Gods Flowers!" had me chuckling for a good long time. :D
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Patiently, Eriond nodded again. Apparently, their intellect wasn't that well developed yet.
    "I come to help Oque. I come to understand you. Oque need help, Oque tell me."
    He carefully thought about how he would define dreaming. After a pause of a few seconds, he added:
    "Dreaming is sleeping, and seeing pictures. Oque understand me?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

As Ardannis looks at Cvest's leg, it seems somewhat twisted on the lower part. Cvest looks to be somewhat in pain and does not walk on the leg currently, lifting it up while walking on the other five legs. "Leg hurt when walk." The twist seems to be the cause of the pain, but oddly enough, it is not that very visible. It is more visible because of the way the foot is standing than the leg is. It does seem like it might occasionally provide some troubles if Cvest will climb.

Some of the Oque seem to mutter that they do not want strange talking creatures hanging around. Who knows what they want to do? Most of them do not seem to mind it really. But in essence, it seems established that Eriond does not want to hurt them. This causes some of the Oque to lose interest and go off to find food and water, making sure to walk around far enough from Eriond. Meanwhile, the only things Eriond hears the Oque needing help with is finding food, water and safety. They fear beasts. "Pictures?" "Sleep sleep. No other. Sleep."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

Plamal had spent the time watching the Oque learning more about them than he could by just barging into a group and screaming about how evil immortals were.

"If Oque want Plamal stay, Plamal stay. If Oque want Plamal go, Plamal go." Said Plamal. "What Oque want Plamal do? What Oque think of immortals?"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Kik responded to Plamal's questions. "Plamal stay. Plamal go. Plamal decide. Kik think Immortal bad. Immortal beast. Beast kill Oque. Immortal kill Oque." "Plamal want fruit?" Said another Oque and offered some food to Plamal. Whether he accepted or not, the Oque then moved to his hut. Kik and one other Oque stayed with Plamal to listen to the response, though the other one seemed to want to go to its hut. Kik did not seem to have a hut, so he would somewhere near Plamal if he decided to stay, or somewhere in a tree if he decided to leave.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

"I shall stay. I want help Oque. I want teach Oque." Said Plamal and then he looked at the one that wanted to go and smiled at it. "I am not an immortal. I kind. If you want to go. You should go."

Plamal then looked at the other Oque. "What name? What Oque want?"

20. - Top - End - #110

Ardannis teach Oque safe travel and tricking beasts. With hurt, Ardannis not as powerful. But Ardannis try to help. This will hurt, Cvest. May help leg get better, though. He takes the foot in two hands, trying to untwist it as gently as he can. If the leg feels as though that's only going to make matters worse, then he desists. If it works, he grins, suddenly bouncy again. Must keep leg straight to heal, so does not twist again. Not put much weight on leg, be gentle until healed. Other Oque take care of Cvest, help him while he heals?

Ardannis was gone long time. Oque have trouble with beasts? Oque find enough food?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha is surprised by the Oque's perception. "Yes, Sedha here."

When they don't immediately panic, Sedha asks them "Will Ztankt and Gikft show Sedha to friends? Show Sedha not want hurt Oque? Want help Oque. Want help Oque. Heal sick Oque. Hide Oque from Beasts."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

The leg is not really easy to twist and Cvest does clearly states it hurt, but Ardannis sees no reason that it makes things worse. Well, besides the pain that is. So, he manages to snap it back, which causes Cvest to say, a lot of times: "Cvest hurt! Cvest hurt!" The other Oque look at Ardannis, wary and a bit suspicious, but two go and take care of Cvest. They move him to a place on the ground and make sure he has some shelter there.

Tiktbt simply adds "Enough food. Food good." Rtskink adds a simple "Yes." while Qwerty adds: "Not beast trouble." Ardannis gets that the Oque seem satisfied with Ardannis' return, but Rtskink does return to the suject of Krixal. "Ardannis not look like Krixal. Flower look like flower. God look.. very not like. Very different." Tiktbt asks another question too. "Ardannis poof. Ardannis gone. Ardannis poof. Ardannis here. How?"

Turn 3.0, Group 3, Sedha

Ztankt and Gikft walk towards Sedha, until they eventually are within reach and look at her. They seem scared, but they respond as the creature does not seem to want to hurt them. "Goddess?" When that is confirmed, Gikft responds towards the others. "Look beast. Goddess talk. Goddess not hurt." "Come." The last was said towards Sedha and the two Oque moved back, making sure they remained a decent distance from her. The other Oque on the ground decided to stick near the trees, ready to jump up. Some did when they saw Sedha, but some still remained on the ground. They looked at Sedha and most seemed scared still. "How help?"

The other Oque went to its hut, off to sleep. The remaining Oque states its own name and answers the questions in the mean time. "Kik. Oque want food. Want water. Want no beasts. Want sleep."

Plamal can continue to talk with Kik, but eventually Kik will want to sleep. The next day, Plamal is allowed to join up with food and water seeking groups. Though the water seeking groups already know where to go, it is more of a water drinking group. They tolerate Plamal around him, with Kik usually staying near Plamal. However, none seem very eager to talk to the beast-like thing. Plamal finds Kik and the two other Oque of the day before as friendly, sticking around.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 3.5

After watching the others work for some time Plamal finally makes a descision. "Oque not want beasts. Plamal go. Plamal kill beasts. Plamal leads beasts away from Oque. Plamal help Oque."

Plamal then decides to go on a beast killing mission. He preffers to only take on beadts he thinks he can easily win. Whenever he kills a beast he drags it away from the Oque close to Tumine's Oque.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha slowly walks out to meet the rest of the Oque, being careful to keep her movements slow and predictable. "Oque good at seeing. See much better than beasts. Beasts no see Sedha.

"Sedha teach Oque how hide like Sedha. If beast no see you, beast no can hurt you. Make Oque safer.
    "

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 3.5; Group 5

Eriond frowned. They didn't dream? How could that be?
    Perhaps that's my duty. Teaching others how to dream...
    He pondered about that for a while, until he realised that his avatar hadn't said anything for a while.
    He decided to let go of the dreams matter for a while, and focus on helping them.
    "Eriond will try to help Oque with food and beasts. What do the Oque eat?"

26. - Top - End - #116

Ardannis sorry to hurt Cvest. Ardannis make leg straight. Leg get strong faster when straight. Ardannis explains carefully, making sure the Oque know he was trying to help.

Ardannis is very glad food is good and beasts are not trouble. Ardannis shrugs. Krixal and Ardannis different, yes. But both god. God has power, and teaches. Is confusing, but still is. When Oque learn more, will be less confusing. Ardannis lives very far away. Have power to travel very fast, though. When poof, Ardannis travels home. When poof again, Ardannis travels back. If Oque stay friends with Ardannis long time, learn much, Oque will be able to poof after long time.

Ardannis stay with Oque for a little while? Oque can learn more from Ardannis.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Cvest gets it, but is still hurting. It hopes it gets better soon. Meanwhile, Ardannis continues to talk to the others. Tiktbt adds the natural question: "Tiktbt play?" Meanwhile, Rtskink look rather intrigued by what Ardannis was saying. "Want learn. Teach Rtskink?" With this, Rtskink was more referring to the difference between gods, more talking about intellectual matters. Tiktbt, however, was not. "Teach poof!" "Ardannis stay. Oque learn."

Turn 3.0, Group 3, Sedha

Ztankt and Gikft listen carefully, but some of the other Oque do not feel comfortable with that thing nearby, so go off to find some food and water. They will stay close, but find it nicer to stay a bit further away from that strange thing. The others continue to listen, although quite some from trees. When Sedha offers them to learn how to hide, the Oque seem interested, or at least the majority of those still present. "Want hide. " "Want safe." And with that, they seem to offer that they are willing to learn.

"No! Danger. Beast danger. Plamal die. No Plamal die." But when Plamal does go, Kik lets him. The group of Oque continues their business, with most seeming happy with the scary talking beast thing gone.

"Eat fruit. Eat plant." "Why help?" The Oque remain in their trees, but some realise that this thing will likely not cause them much harm. It wanted to help them and had been still for some time. So a part of the group goes off to continue their daily business, looking for food and water. They did make sure to move far enough around Eriond, sticking usually to the trees. Another part of the Oque remains at their huts, curiously looking at Eriond.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

Sedha is happy that she is finally making what feels like progress. "Sedha teach Oque how hide, if Oque teach how hide to everyone who want learn."

With that, Sedha shows them how they can blend in with the shadows, and use the underbrush to their advantage, and how if they have to be careful not to break twigs or make the underbrush move, or the nearby beasts might sense it.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Turn 3.0, Group 3, Sedha

Ztankt, Gikft and some other Oque follow Sedha, willing to learn how to hide so they in turn can learn others. However, Sedha notices something quickly. They are absolutely horrendous at being silent. They continue to talk while being stealthy, they step on every twig and they rustle through every brush. If Sedha asks them about it, they simply say that they hear nothing, except themselves and Sedha talking. As the training goes on, Sedha realises that what they said is exactly the case. The Oque are deaf. They can not hear anything besides their own talking and Sedha's talking. And teaching a deaf Oque to make no sound.. it almost seems impossible.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-01 at 01:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Glad that the Oque trusted him enough to continue their work, but also a little insulted that they didn't think he was worth their attention, Eriond tried to think of an answer to that question. He doubted these simple beings could grasp the idea of it being his responsibility, so he just answered:
    "Because I want to."

Then he thought of something else. He wasn't just responsible for these creatures dreams, after all.
    "Do you have any wounded? Hurt by beasts?" he asked them.