New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Into the Mournland Group 1 IC

New Cyre

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........
    You sleep soundly, but suddenly you here the sounds of a bell ringing. A man knocks on your door, and when you answear says cheerfully "Hello, adventurers! The prince has asked that you eat your breakfast, which will be brought soon, and then be at the main hall in an hour" The man walks away, and soon several attendents bring in food.

After eating your meal, and going to the prince he tells you "Today is the day you head off. I wish you luck, and tell my scout (at the main hall) when you are ready. When you are, then You can go to the Mournlands." The prince thinks, then says "My last gift towards you is this" A man in the garb of a preist of the sovergin host comes towards you and says "May the holy gods watch over you. May Kol korran bring you wealth, (the martial god) bless your sword strokes, Onatar aid your smithing and Aureon aid your spells" He then waves his hand, before departing>

Effect for 2 days:
    Blessed
    1 re-roll per day on any roll.
    +1 divine bonus on any roll 4/day, announce before roll.
    trill in da playground

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Syx

Looking, strangely enough, perfectly groomed and dead tired at the same time, Syx manages to listen to about half of what the prince said and manages a short but slow bow.

"So," he yawns, "are we ready? I'll, I'll just go and get my stuff."
    "Characters can gain no benefit from carrying a sack of rats in hopes of healing their allies by hitting the rats."
    - 4th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Zenda

Looking fresh as midsummer flower and with her backpack on her back and shield in her hand she looks ready for traveling.

"Thank you, you have been most generous. We will bring back the requested items.

(half whispers to Syx)

"And or die trying"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

During the night, Bastion tell Ornmolik of Bastion's previous role as the personal boyguard of a general, and how Bastion led squads of warforged in hunting down enemy mages and killing them. He hadn't considered why he was protecting said general, but he did because he was ordered to. Guarding is something he did well. Now, with the war over, Bastion has had trouble finding his way in life. "You seem to have found a new mission. Not I. I wander, not knowing what's next."

The next morning, Bastion does remember to put on the ring given, and is ready to go forth and retrieve the artifacts.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

New Cyre

When you are all ready, you go towards The price's scout, an elven man. His guard, a tall lizardfolk, wearing a chainshirt, stand behind him. The elf smiles and says: "well then, ready to go?" (I assume you'll say yes) "good! Let's go then!" he walks towards a lightning rail car and says "We'll be taking a lightning rail to the shore of lake Cyre, then a ship into the mournland. As he steps in with his guard, you follow.

Lightning rail
    Yes, I may be railroading. THis is symbolic of that.
    Your long trip has no real events, only a boring ride through the countryside.

Lake Cyre

Sailing through the lake, the guide is below deck. The journey might have been relaxing, but as you approach the shores, the surface bubbles.... The metal pokes out... Then, with a roar, A kraken thats made of metal rises up! A second one appears! A third! Then, a fourth shape surfaces! It's an oversized warforaged on it's top half, but It's lower half is metal tentacles!

Roll Initative!

(I can't get the map up, but here's a general idea of it.)

| and \ are ship walls
    O is a mast
    * and & and % are just stuff on the ships
    @ are you guys ( I'll specify when I have time)
    Is the ships deck
    is water (If it's outside of | and / or \)
    S and G are Iron krakens (S= tentacles, G= body)
    K and Z are The warforaged (z= tentacles, K= body
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    /\
    S / \ S
    SGS / \ SGS
    S / \ S Z
    S / @ @\ Z
    SGS | $ % | k
    S | O | ZZkKkZZ
    | @ & | K
    |@ @ @| Z
    \ @ / Z
    \ /
    \ /
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2008-06-12 at 08:33 PM.
    trill in da playground

6. - Top - End - #36

Zenda

Zenda cant believe her eyes, what gods have conspired against them to make 4 krakens to attack them simultaneous?

"Come on gang, lets concentrate on one at the time!"

Spoiler
    Show

Init

(1d20+5)[6]

Can I start already psionic focus, or how long can I stay focused before losing it?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

(gah! maps didn't turn out well)
    [spoiler]
    Kraken one: Ini 3
    K2: ini 20
    K3: ini 17
    War-Kraken master: ini 25
    trill in da playground

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Tirk Also

Tirk frowns a moment, then looks at the nearest kraken and waves. "Hey!"

Spoiler
    Show
    What? They didn't attack anyone yet. Maybe they want to trade!

Holding action until one of the big uglies attacks someone. Then- Casting Slow on the big uglies. DC 20 Will negates. Initiative (1d20+1)[6], for the record.
    In the future, I'd appreciate it if we didn't go from Home straight to Roll Initiative. I have several all-day buffs I like to prepare for myself & the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, for example, I would've wanted someone to cast Greater MAgic Weapon on my chain and Magic Vestment on my armor and shield if possible.

Ok, Bastion takes up Robilar's Gambit as a free action, so he has only 20 AC (25 vs ranged) and weapons do 4 more damage to him. However, if anything attacks hiM he gets an AoO. He is also in Thicket of Blades stance so all movement around him provokes an AoO from him. The map isn't working too well so I'll just trust you to place Bastion where his chain can make the most attack of opportunities.

Initiative check - [roll0]
    Maneuvers granted: [roll0]

Bastion is in familiar territory in a sense. He must defend himself and others against a multiple foes. Same ol same ol...he springs into action, taking up a position where he feels the enemies must pass through in order to reach his allies. With his trusty spiked chain, he will make sure to stop any attacks against his allies.

Bastion also shouts out some tactical information to an ally within 10 feet, letting them act quicker. [[ Bastion uses White Raven Tactics as a swift action on an ally within 10 feet. Let's say Tirk. Tirk's initiative changes to 22. We really need a map. Here, try this: http://pages.infinit.net/pdclarke/mmee/index.html ]]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-06-13 at 03:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

wtf, why didn't the previous rolls work?

Initiative - (1d20+5)[23]
    Maneuvers granted - (4d6)[4][1][4][5](14)

Ok, so the Maneuvers I have on turn one are: Rallying Strike, Elder Mountain Hammer, Defensive Rebuke, and White Raven Tactics.

How will we resolve AoOs? WIll we have a chance to roll them oursleves? My AoOs can do different things depending on what I want. I can either do damage as normal, or sacrifice damage to make them Stand Still and not move. If you want to roll them this round, his Attack Bonus with AoOs are +23 against creatures with no magical or spell-like abilities, and +25 if the enemy has any magical or spell-like ability. Enemkies also can't cast defensively within my reach.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-06-13 at 02:16 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Might I suggest myself for the initiative boost? I can’t hold an action until I *have* an action, and at the end of the round it’s not going to do anyone much good. If I get to cast Slow before the kraken act, though, it might actually be useful. Casters going first is always a good plan. The meatshield isn’t going to kill the beastie in one round, and it’s usually better for them to go second – that way the other guy has closed (in melee) and allows you to take a full attack, if you want.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Syx

"Hm? Now where did they come from? Lake Cyre? I really didn't get enough sleep, did I?"

A bit disoriented, Syx looks around, then he casts Invisibilty on himself and moves to the nearest cover.

Initiative: (1d20+14)[29] (including Nerveskitter bonus)
    "Characters can gain no benefit from carrying a sack of rats in hopes of healing their allies by hitting the rats."
    - 4th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

(Note: if within a day of a combat post you don't reply, then you are skipped and when you get back are put in the back! also, this may be subject to change. And I can't get my rolls lnked, so trust me.)

Suprise round/.

[kraken 1 attacks ditto! miss. results are 1,8,13,14,7,2 and 19 (hit?)
    kraken 2 attacks frosty! results of 9,18,21,17,16,4,5, 21
    kraken 3 moves closer, no attack
    Kraken war master casts a quickend spell, kraken war master moves to boat, kraken war masters tentacles attack the ship (the ship is slowly sinking!) Kraken war master uses his trident and attacks ditto! attack roll are 22 and 17!]

(frosty, I don't feel like thinking, I had an exam. I'll tell you later. And can you just type your initiative? I trust you to not cheat, and I can't see the results. and I don't know your emails, so it won't work frosty. thanks, though. I've tried 4 programs and 2 methods of in post maps, but it won't work. My scanner doesn't seem to like me either, so it's out)
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2008-06-13 at 08:02 PM.
    trill in da playground

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Unbuffed as I am, my AC is 18. One hit from the kraken, one from the Warsquid. Spellcraft check vs. the Warsquid's spell, 16+ 26 = 42.

For maps, I always made a rough sketch in Paint. You could also use variously-colored cells of an Excel spreadsheet and upload it to GoogleDocs.

Gotta say, team, I'm not a fan of the metric fruction of attacks they're spitting out per turn. Forget this held-action nonsense, I'm casting Slow freakin' *now*.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Bastion's init is 23, so he should be going before kraken #2 right?. In any case, can I make an attack if I'm going before it?

Ok, now, I am confused. Did they get 8 attacks on us? Can we please roll on a separate thread? We do have an OOC thread. We need to carefully label our attacks and damage separately so everyone can see what's going on. Hmm, Bastion only gets to make 7 attacks of opportunity on the Kraken that attacks him because he can only use 7 at most a turn. Pity. But before I make them, I want confirmation on what's going on and post tomorrow my actions. If you want to do my rolls for me, again, Bastion's sheet is here, and he makes his AoOs at +23 against the krakens and at +25 against the war master.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2008-06-14 at 01:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

(Okay so:

1.I don't know anything about rolling on other threads and how it works.
    2. yes those krakens did in fact get 8 attacks.
    3.spellcraft check *succes!*(sp) warmaster is casting haste on himself!
    4. if you wonderd why they all went first, it was a suprise round
    5. the map problem is being worked on, so please be patient
    6.frosty, did any of those attacks hit?)
    7. make your own rolls, please. If you want me to I will.
    8. any more issues?)
    [kraken rolls damage! result of 7 damage! (Bludgeoning)
    trill in da playground

17. - Top - End - #47

Zenda

Quickly steps forward and shoots away 3 mindarrows that splits in the air to 6 arrows that seeks out the nearest Kraken.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift action, manifest Offensive Precognition (7pp)
    5ft step towards nearest Kraken
    Full action Attack nearest Kraken with rapid shot, with first shot expend psionic focus with greater psionic shot.

to hit - (1d20+17)[27]
    [roll=Damage]1d8+4d6+16[/roll]

to hit - (1d20+17)[24]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[22]

to hit - (1d20+12)[23]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[19]

I assume nearest Kraken is within 30ft, otherwise subtract one from both tohit and damage

Last edited by vargen; 2008-06-14 at 05:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Stupid dice-roller

Spoiler
    Show

(1d8+12)[20]
    (4d6)[19]

add those together for damage for first arrow.

And a reminder, since the arrows has splitting enhancement so one arrow turns into two arrows with the same to-hit and damage roll ie all damage is doubled.

Last edited by vargen; 2008-06-15 at 09:02 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Ornmolik

Spoiler
    Show
    First, I agree with the request to not jump straight to initiative. Ornmolik has several buffs that he always lays down daily. I'm going to assume that today is no different and he cast them, so everyone in the party is under the effects of Endure Exposure (Endure Elements and immune to my breath weapon) and Ornmolik is can fly thanks to Draconic Flight.

"Aalevilex! Get to a safe place! But watch and learn." With that Ornmolik takes off and breaths a curious fury onto the attack constructs which seems to slow the effects of time around them rather than damage them.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 188/188
    AC: 28 (22 Touch; 26 Flatfooted)
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[4]

Move Action: Ornmolik will get into posistion to hit as many enemies as possible, either with a 30' cone, or a 60' line. This includes flying, if needed.
    Standard Action: Ornmolik will open with a Slow Breath, in whichever form hits the most baddies. All enemies in ranges are Slowed for 2 rounds, Fort save DC 28 to reduce it to 1 round.

To identify the spell the warmaster cast Spellcraft - (1d20+19)[29]

Spoiler
    Show
    Can these things even swim at the surface if slowed? Or entangled? And can I use my Frost breath to freeze the surface of the lake, locking them in hunks of ice?

Aalevilex
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 104/104
    AC: 16 (Touch 16; Flat-footed 16)
    Initiative - (1d20)[20]

Move Action: Get into a spot that can't be reached by the enemies, but still able to watch the battle.
    Standard Action: Total Defense

Note: Aalevilex is still in human form.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

[[ooc]] Slaanesh, I need to go to work now, but when I get back today, I will show you exactly what I mean with Bastion's attacks of opportunity and then his actual turn by doing a detailed post.

See, we need a way of writing combat so people know what's going on. The way things are described now, I have NO idea what is happening, and in what order. And what the heck was the 7 damage? For each attack? Total? What? And against whom?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

(okay so:
    Things are confuing, I know. Sorry, But I'am writing exams. it should be better by the weekend.
    Secondly, Updates may not be on time, I'am getting MAJOR lag fromhere. So this isnt dead).
    trill in da playground

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

(Bad news: I've been away because of exams. I will be away longer for Exams. I will make another thread later, so it can finish when I'am done. Sorry, for any inconveniance .
    trill in da playground