New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelis: Convert the Sume: IC Thread

Sedha

Sedha almost smiles at Ghassan's remark. "I am not sick. I am different."

Sedha stands up and looks out on the gathered Sume. "I have much to do, so I cannot spend much time with you. However, if you promise to aid anyone you find who is wounded, I will teach you how to clean your injuries to make them heal better, and how to help fix broken limbs."

If they accept, then Sedha teaches them as well as she can for the tenth of the turn before leaving, otherwise, she simply thanks them for their hospitality and leaves.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 3.1

When Tirus returns to the sume he greets them with a friendly face “hello my humble followers.” he pauses for there reaction.

With a curious face he asks “ what new knowledge have you found?” again he pauses for them anxiously awaiting there answer. He is looking around for anything new they have done without him.

After talking to the sume for a while he realized he left them with an empty definition of what a god is. With this in mind he contemplates the best way to begin. he explains the concept to the sume again with the hope they would finally understand what he is. “I feel i have left you with an unfinished answer of what I am. I have told you that I am a God. I have told you that I am here to help you. This is true. What is also true is that a god is an idea, an overseer of that idea. I am your God Tirus the overseer of tools and architecture.” after telling them this he seems pleased with his explanation. He then explains why he has returned. “When I was here last I taught you how to build structures using wood and showed you how to use it. I will now show you how to make a wheel. I know you don't know what this is or how to use it. I want you to show me that you can find a use for it.” Tirus takes his chisel and a big piece of wood. He chips away the unwanted wood to leave two circular pieces with a smaller circle in the middle. On the outer edge of the wheel he carves a crude image of himself. Tirus shows how the wheels can roll to give them a hint with what they can do.

After watching the sume begin to play with the wheels Tirus asks with a sincere look “ Is any sume willing to journey with me. I wish to venture further and seek more knowledge. I will share this knowledge with the one that travels with me to share with all sume.”

((edit: i was hoping to rp with tek before i posted more but this will do for now.))
    Last edited by tugboat; 2008-06-01 at 02:03 AM.
    Between work and a twinkie the twinkie always wins. So have a twinkie.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

@Tek, Turn 3.7

Such a large creature (nay, such a large monster) can be seen and heard approaching a Sume village for quite some time, and by and large when Tek enters a village he finds that its residents have, or are in the process of running the boop away. Occasionally one of the braver hunters would chance to speak to it, though always from a distance. Tek spreads the word, but he's pretty sure the Sume don't trust him very much.

((Tek believes that this response was due both to his monstrous appearance and to his monstrous size-- since the Sume are not completely on the top of the food chain, they have well-ingrained flight responses))

@Ardannis, Turn 3.7

OOC: Glossing over is fine.

Ardannis has considerably more success than Tek, and it appears that the Sume would be happy to attend this sort of event (if Ardannis can stand all the pidgin). He has a great deal of trouble explaining a location to them; eventually, it becomes clear that a general direction and "look for large fires" is about all they'll readily understand. They like the sound of prizes, and pretty much every village has at least one gasbag with a Theory about Everything, so it looks like the contest will have plenty of subject matter.

@Awlruts, 3.3 Northernmost i22

The Sume are nonplussed by the appearance of Awlruts, who looks like yet another maimed Sume. She gathers a bit of a crowd, who look at her expectantly.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Fazed by his failure Tek cries to the sky:

“Curse my overly majestic and fearsome appearance. Maybe I should ask Ark or that new one, whats-his-name, Arwultus, to give me a make-over.

Tek considers that for a moment, but then rejects the idea with scorn: “They’ll just have to change their inferior views on beauty to appreciate the wonder that I truly am. Still there should be at least three other Immortals recruiting. I should go and help with the organization on the site.”

Tek proceeds to the place of the Festival. He “cleans” it and helps Krixal gather firewood, drags logs for the seating places, gathers food (if he can get away with it and confident it is not poison).

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

((Noticed I never got around to a turn 2 - 3 post. Doing one now.))

Over the most recent stretch of time, the Sume culture has had a huge influx of new ideas, mostly stemming from the maimed Sume and odd creatures running around with funny powers. In particular, they've made a commitment to learning Tirus's building techniques, Krixal's teaching of fire, and both Forneus and Kranolk's methods of hunting. Additionally, they've gotten just a tidge smarter, though that might just because their brains have build a head of steam and there's a bit of inertia.

@
    Mandak, 3.3
    Spoiler
    Show

Mandak materializes about a mile from one of the Sume camps, reacquaints himself with his avatar, and goes to town. He stops within audible distance of the camp, and rumbles loudly, "Greetings. I am Mandak, lord of the earth, and I come help you defend against beasts." Having made himself known, Mandak waits on the Sume to make the next move.

Mandak receives much the same response as the other Immortals that simply show up and aren't huge and/or violent; a mix of curiosity and suspicion. One of the Sume that comes out to rubberneck asks him, "What beasts? How?"

@Sedha
    Spoiler
    Show

Sedha almost smiles at Ghassan's remark. "I am not sick. I am different."

Sedha stands up and looks out on the gathered Sume. "I have much to do, so I cannot spend much time with you. However, if you promise to aid anyone you find who is wounded, I will teach you how to clean your injuries to make them heal better, and how to help fix broken limbs."

If they accept, then Sedha teaches them as well as she can for the tenth of the turn before leaving, otherwise, she simply thanks them for their hospitality and leaves.

The Sume culture has yet to become wealthy enough for selfishness to go far enough that they wouldn't try to aid another that is wounded. Ghassan readily agrees to Sedha's proposal, and does his best to learn the techniques.

@Tirus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Turn 3.1

When Tirus returns to the sume he greets them with a friendly face “hello my humble followers.” he pauses for there reaction.

With a curious face he asks “ what new knowledge have you found?” again he pauses for them anxiously awaiting there answer. He is looking around for anything new they have done without him.

After talking to the sume for a while he realized he left them with an empty definition of what a god is. With this in mind he contemplates the best way to begin. he explains the concept to the sume again with the hope they would finally understand what he is. “I feel i have left you with an unfinished answer of what I am. I have told you that I am a God. I have told you that I am here to help you. This is true. What is also true is that a god is an idea, an overseer of that idea. I am your God Tirus the overseer of tools and architecture.” after telling them this he seems pleased with his explanation. He then explains why he has returned. “When I was here last I taught you how to build structures using wood and showed you how to use it. I will now show you how to make a wheel. I know you don't know what this is or how to use it. I want you to show me that you can find a use for it.” Tirus takes his chisel and a big piece of wood. He chips away the unwanted wood to leave two circular pieces with a smaller circle in the middle. On the outer edge of the wheel he carves a crude image of himself. Tirus shows how the wheels can roll to give them a hint with what they can do.

Alim goes out to meet the God of Building. He listens to Tius's speech and definition. He still seems confused, but he ventures, "God... rules? God rules idea? Tirus rules idea of Building?"

As Tirus continues on, he watches the construction of wheel. Why you'd want a circular piece of wood baffles him at first, but he rounds up his posse and they start to experiment with it, since Tirus showed them useful things before. Before long, they've got the idea that it rolls, but beyond an interesting plaything, they're still not exactly sure, until one of them gets tired of picking it up and uses the hole in the center to pick it up with a stick. This gives him another idea, and he jams the stick through the hole in both of them, forming a sort of axle. Before much more time has passed, they've got the basic idea that if they had four wheels, two axles and a board to put between them, they'd have a fairly useful device for transporting things.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awlruts, 3.3 Northernmost i22

Looking around the small crowd she had gathered and the beyond she tries to make an estimate how many of these beings live here. Finishing her survey for a moment she lowers her spear to point to the ground, hopefully allowing it's impeccable crafting do some talking before she begins in earnest, "I am Awlruts, Awlruts means me. I am the Goddess of Lust and War, I have come from the heavens to guide," she said emphasising guide, and giving the area around her a quick look, her grin ever present, and her dress while not magical yet she at least tried to make it seem alluring, "and to teach you how to live better, and how to fight better to protect you're better lives." With this last statement giving emphasis to the word teach, live, and fight, she looked into the crowd of (sue me I'm not coming up with vague terms for them till she learns their name) Sume before speaking again, "but I also come to learn. About you, you're people, your way of living." With her finale statement she focused on the words learn and you hoping they would know these words if not the rest, walking forward a bit to the crowd of gathered Sume, and then sits as if ready to learn.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-01 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Added name and turn
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ardannis, Turn 3.7

Go figure, it helps to look like the natives. Hmm...I'll have to look into that. Ardannis spends eight days traveling and spreading the word as far as he can, telling the Sume to tell nearby settlements that he cannot reach. He also tells them to bring some food to add to the feast. Getting to the place for the celebration two days ahead of time, he helps out with whatever he can, especially making sure that there is enough room for as many Sume as may come. Then, he checks with Tek, discussing the schedule for the planned celebration.

Spoiler
    Show
    Figuring out how the contest will work will go a *lot* faster OOC than RPing it. I'm sure the Communication god had a lot of ideas already, so I'll throw mine out there and see how well they mesh.

I figured the contest would start with each god introducing himself and/or the prize they had. We're keeping it simple, I'd assume - or had you planned on categories in the contest? I thought the feast might work well as a celebration after the contest - maybe a medal for one prize, the staff for another, and a particularly succulent dish for a third.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 2 interaction (wrap-up)

Forneus is rather pleased with the effect of his hunt. After congratulating the Sume and telling them that with practice and air (thrown) weapons they could do even better, he sets up a small fire to demonstrate how cooked food is tastier and explains that cooked food and boiled water are much healthier. Forneus encourages the Sume to practice what he taught them and to try and use air and fire more in their daily routine. Soon afterwards the immortal leaves, promising to return.

Forneus

Turn 3.8

Forneus returns to the Sume and asks them how well they have mastered his teachings and if they were finding their life better or easier because of them. If he gets an affirmative answer, Forneus suggests that the Sume should spread the word to other Sume to help make their lives better too.

9. - Top - End - #39

Mandak, 3.3

The hulking earth god pauses. He had assumed that the Sume would be having some of the same problems with beasts as the Niddog. If they did not, this was truly to be a test of any persuasive abilities he might have. Not seeing any way to continue the defense angle, Mandak invents the art of pretending you were talking about something else. "I will show you how to kill beasts more easily, for food. Who is hunter? I will show hunter new way." Assuming someone steps forward at his prompting, he will lead them into the forest for a while, and then use the Scupr to dig a hole, in which he will place sticks sharpened with his Sharpened Stone (made in a different species' thread). He then covers the trap with branches and other camouflaging elements, and lays wait with the accompanying hunter.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 3.1

When Tirus watches the sume play with the wheel he has given them. He is amazed at the speed that they find a use for it. “ wow Alim I am very pleased to see you and your people have found a use for this wheel. I and some other gods are having an event to see what all sume can do. Yes there is more then just you. I will reward the sumes tribe that brings the most amount of rocks of this size and larger ” Tirus holds up a rock the size of the sume's head. “ and the sume's that use there resources to best of there ability, like.” Tirus points to the wheel's and tools and any material around to show what he means by resources. “yes to which ever tribe of sume that brings the larger amount of rocks and shows the best use of resources i will reward with a tool of there choice. I will make it myself. It can be what you want like my chisel, shovel, or my gloves.” Tirus holds each item out and demonstrates there use if the sume do not already know. "When you see a large amount of smoke like a black and gray billowing cloud forming in that direction.” Tirus points out to the middle of the sume lands. “ then begin your journey. There will be much food, much rejoicing and much knowledge that all sume may have.” Tirus pauses for there response and(assuming the sume do wish to go) Tirus then asks “ will one sume come with me to spread the word of this and to learn more knowledge that I seek to teach to all sume?"

Turn 3.2-3.7

Tirus ventures out with any followers and seeks out all sume.
    first He begins his introduction with a description of what he is. using the description that he used with his first group of sume.
    second he shows them his ability to make tools and for each sume group he crafts them a tool of a different type and shows them how to use it as a tool. ((the first group i made a hammer for, i will make knifes for the groups learning how to hunt, torches for the group that is learning how to use fire, a chisel to show how how they can carve rocks into stronger tools, a lever to teach how to lift heavier objects that they normally can't, another i teach how to make a better structure, I teach how to make shovel to move dirt, a bucket to move water or liquid, an axe to chop wood, another i teach how to make grinding stones.))
    Third I will only give each group one tool that i teach them how to make but try to teach each group a different tool then the one before. Any group that already has a god teaching them i will only try to help and give them tools that can help like the hunters getting knifes.
    fourth After teaching the first tool to each group and how it works i then show them how to make a wheel like i did with the first group and encourage them to come to the event explaining what it is and to bring as many rocks as they can in my name. I also tell them about the other events that the other gods will put on and to venture out when they see the billowing cloud of smoke and where it should be coming from.

((ooc: this is a list of the different tools i teach: hammer, knife, torch, chisel, lever, structures, shovel, bucket, axe, and grinding stones. Let me know if i need to change this or if i cant reach all the groups. I'm thinking it would take about a day to teach each race one tool and teach them how to make a wheel then to leave them with that so they can experiment and get ready for the big event. sorry for the long post ))

edit: relized i couldnt teach sume to use tongs so i changed it to torches.
    Last edited by tugboat; 2008-06-01 at 07:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha

((Turn 2 wrap up))

After teaching the Sume to clean their wounds, Sedha stands and addresses Ghassan. "Thank you for letting me help you. I have much to do, and I must leave you now. I will return to try and help you more.

"However, before I go, I must warn you: there are others like me. They have much power, and not all power good. Some of them will try to hurt you, although some of them will try to help you as I do. Listen to their words, and accept any offer of help they give you. However, if they offer you hurt, then run from them. If they offer you something, but make you do strange things to get that something, then they only mean you harm as well, and you should run.
    "

With that, Sedha fades into the darkness, and back into the outer plane.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Tek

Before the Festival would begin, the Immortals gather and discuss how it should be organized.

Tek presents the following plan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Please confirm if you agree with this plan and what you wish to be modified.

Ardannis, Immortal of Travel finds the best location for the event. It should have enough space, be not very hard to get too and have a supply of wood and water nearby.

Immortals:

Tek, Ardannis, Krixal and Tirus are the main organizers. They contribute work and prizes to the event.

Araslyonn is welcome, since his master of Music and could bring greater entertainment for the event. (But I’m not sure if someone told him about the festival.)

Other Immortals can celebrate as well, as long as they don’t cause a disturbance or use the festival, as opportunity to loudly preach their own creeds.

The Feast:

Fires: A very large fire, producing a column of smoke would be made before the start of the event. Its purpose would be to guide Sume to the site. It could be used for ceremonial purposes later.

Krixal would prepare wood for big, impressive fires. As the night would fall, more of them would be lit, turning night into day – banishing the fears of darkness.

Food: Sume would bring some with them and Immortals would gather food available nearby. Krixal’s Domain is Culinary Arts, which should lead to the most divine dishes.

Accommodations: Some basic accommodations can be prepared – like logs made into sitting places, chairs for the Immortals. Tirus, Immortal of Architecture can organize the construction of basic infostructure for the event.

Entertainment: Bright fires, food and chance to win prizes should be enough to put Sume in a good mood. If Araslyonn would be present he could add music to the mix.

Contests:

Challenge of Craftsmanship:

I believe Tirus already set it up. The Sume will bring resources and then try to use them in the most efficient way to craft an item.

Quality Tested: Craftsmanship and Invention
    Judge: Tirus
    Prize: A choice between Chisel, Shovel and Gloves

Challenge of Storytelling:

Sume would tell stories and try to impress the judges with their intelligence and creativity.

Quality Tested: Creativity, Knowledge, Persuasion
    Judge: Ardannis, with Tek assisting.
    Prize: Staff of Hungry Nose

Challenge of ???

Okay I’m actually stumped. There is a third artifact – Medal of Tek, which was specifically designed to be a prize. But since my interaction with the Sume so far was very limited, I just don’t have the right feel for them. So I can’t come up with a proper contest idea.

So as long as anyone else can come up with a good contest idea, I’d provide a prize for it.

13. - Top - End - #43

Ardannis, Turn 3.7 (pre-festival)

Having shown the other immortals a good location for the contest before leaving, Ardannis works on improving it for the event. Swinging through the trees with great agility, he marks broad trails to the nearby stream and to several stands of dead trees, one arm reaching out to break a small branch or otherwise mark the path, or pick up a dry log, while the other four or five arms manage locomotion.

Though quick to make excuses, as he doesn't really like standing on his head to use the strongest two limbs if he can avoid it, he will help with the manual labor if another Immortal manages to pin him down. When he has free time, he practices his juggling and sleight of hand so as to put in a good appearance.

He takes personal responsibility for the stage on which the storytelling contest will be held, making sure that there are torches that can be lit on both sides of it, in case the storytelling goes into the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tek's game plan looks great - I'm good with that.

Third contest: Art! It's got both Communication and Symbols, so it should be great for Tek. :-)

Rough schedule: Sume arrive throughout the morning on the day of the contest. When the sun is at high noon, the Immortals will introduce themselves *briefly* and announce the start/rules of the various contests (I think the event would go a lot more smoothly if we saved the bulk of the proselytizing for smaller interactions during the event with the various Sume we chat up, rather than grandiose speeches all at the same time which may break out into argument between Immortals).
    Contests can happen in parallel, but should probably go in order so that Sume can watch all three. When they're done, hand out prizes, eat drink, schmooze, go home happy. Whaddya say?
    Last edited by harmonictempest; 2008-06-01 at 05:56 PM.
    Notice: Weekends are unpredictable for me. Weekdays are not. Expect more consistent activity then.

Used to DM: Unlikely Comrades, A New Chance (OoC)
    Used to play: The Legend of Ashardalon, Tudor Mansion

PbP registration entry, last edited 8/17/09 (do have a look if I'm applying for your game)

Always interested in playtesting new/variant/homebrew rules. :-)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Halfling in the Playground

Krixal 3.7

Krixal will spend days gathering the longest-burning wood for the festival, and building four bonfires around the outside of the festival-area, and a larger bonfire in the middle. He will build the large bonfires by de-manifesting and re-manifesting multiple times, arranging the tinder and kindling as a foot tall, then the larger wood as six feet tall, then the large logs as 16 feet tall.

From early the morning before the festival (before the Sume begin arriving) he will be cooking over several smaller fires, as well as having dishes already ready in slow-cook pits.

Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with the plan, but wish for the festival to last long into the night, which means we could start at sundown instead of at noon. Don't worry about light, I promise that there will be plenty.
    Awesome avatar by kpenguin!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

turn 3.7 (party plan)
    Tirus says during this meeting." Ok the changes I see with the schedule are as follows."

Spoiler
    Show

Accommodations: accommodations are prepared by Tirus and with this he takes great pride in his work to make every possible accommodation for this party. He makes enough chairs for all the sume and all the immortals that are coming. All the chairs are the same. The chairs have a back that is held on with arms to the main part of the chair there are 4 armrests enough for all the sume's limbs. The chairs are carved to more or less be shaped to the sume's form. Each of the armrest's is carved with a hole in them. it looks like the arms could hold somthing in these arms. these chairs are the most conferable chairs the sume have ever seen or used. Every chair is marked with the simble of Tirus on the back. Tirus also makes 18 places where each of the sume tribes can put there rocks so they can be counted to see who has brought the most. And each group will be judged on the manner in which they bring in the rocks. This is the contest that will determine which sume tribe is the most resourceful.

((My challenge is:))
    Challenge of resourcefulness:

The sume will be tested on there use of resources that they have and how well they use them to the best of there ability. So they have to find the best way in which to bring in the most rock.

Quality Tested: resourcefulness
    Prize: any item that I can craft. So they will tell me what they want and I will craft it for them.

((edit: i was wondering if we just want to say we spend most of this turn preparing and at turn 4.0 we start the great fire? also that way we could just post this all and not have to use aim. we could roll into turn 4.))
    Last edited by tugboat; 2008-06-01 at 07:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Krixal 4.0

Spoiler
    Show
    tugboat: as I said on AIM, 4.0 works for me. I'm not sure of how everything is working out time-wise, so lets just assume that various preparations have taken place from 3.7 on, and we can commence the party on the first day of 4.0

Let the festivities begin!

Krixal finishes with the last of he meal.
    Menu:
    • Waterfowl: roasted on spits.
    • Fish: grilled on heated rocks.
    • Deer-like animals: both grilled on rocks as the fish, and made into a stew with tubers and vegetables.
    • Boar-like animals: roasted by stuffing them with fruits and vegetables, and burying them in a roasting pit for a day.
    • A great heap of salad, dressing provided by oil from the boar-like animals+spices from Krixal's pouch.
    • Fruits, as many different kinds as can be found.
    • To drink: Wine! made from various fruits, which Krixal will ask Araslyon's help in selecting/preparing.
    • Also to drink, teas, made from dried herbs.

If anyone wants to suggest something for the menu, Krixal will gladly try to provide it as well.

((I assume that Krixal will have time for all this, as he has devoted 3.7 to the beginning of 4.0 to preparing for this party.))

On the day of the festival, Krixal has the central bonfire blazing, and he throws green branches on to it to create a smoke-column for a marker to the Sume.
    Last edited by lilomar; 2008-06-02 at 08:20 AM.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

17. - Top - End - #47

Kranolk: Turn 4.0

It has been a long time since Kranolk visited the Sume, and he has never shaken the feeling that his warm reception was not as warm as it could have been. He finally resolves to deal with this feeling. He manifests himself in the forest of the Sume, relatively near where he recalls first meeting them, and begins to look around for a better gift to bring them. He remembers that he has not shown them the secret of leather yet, and hunts for a deer-like or bovine creature, which he soon finds; a large, passive looking animal with a long neck, and an equally long tail. He sees it across a clearing in the forest, and hurls his spear towards it. He strikes it in the haunch, and, as his spear pulls out of its flesh, it runs. Cursing, Kranolk snatches his weapon and gives chase, bounding through the woods after the creature, following the broken branches and trail of blood, which gradually peters out until it is clear that the creature has almost bled out. Very soon after this point, he finds it, lying on the ground as it asleep. He pauses a moment to catch his breath, panting, before he picks up the carcass and looks around for the trail back to the Sume village.

Instead, he sees something much more interesting: a large plume of smoke rising from the trees. When he saw the Sume last they hadn't discovered fire, and he is curious. He brings the carcass, and goes to see what is burning.

Soon he stumbles on the festival: he sees many Sume gathered around, and several Gods of the rival faction. Angry at their arrogance, gathereing together so many Sume like this, but not wanting to make a scene and repeat his failure with the Zygon, Kranolk brings the deer into the circle. Approaching quietly so the other gods don't see him, he comes up behind thm. "Krixal, Ardannis. How good to see you here. It seems we are having a party. Why wasn't I invited?" He drops the carcass with a wet thud. "I brought an appetizer. I think there's enough for everyone if we take small portions."
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Turn 3-4, Changes with the Sume:
    As new ideas continue to pour in, the Sume continue to expand their abilities. They've taken Tirus's teachings about the wheel to heart, and soon carts clog the forest, the Sume moving things around it real quantities for the first time. His teaching of tools took root as well, with some semblance of craftsmanship beginning to emerge.
    All these new ideas seems to have really helped out their brain capacity, as once again it improves, and their language becomes a great deal more sophisticated. Some of the Sume have begun to play with the idea of communicating things in scrawls in the dirt, though it is by no means a written language. Still, the roots are there, and it is improving quickly.

Awlruts, 3.3 Northernmost i22
    Spoiler
    Show

Looking around the small crowd she had gathered and the beyond she tries to make an estimate how many of these beings live here. Finishing her survey for a moment she lowers her spear to point to the ground, hopefully allowing it's impeccable crafting do some talking before she begins in earnest, "I am Awlruts, Awlruts means me. I am the Goddess of Lust and War, I have come from the heavens to guide," she said emphasizing guide, and giving the area around her a quick look, her grin ever present, and her dress while not magical yet she at least tried to make it seem alluring, "and to teach you how to live better, and how to fight better to protect you're better lives." With this last statement giving emphasis to the word teach, live, and fight, she looked into the crowd of (sue me I'm not coming up with vague terms for them till she learns their name) Sume before speaking again, "but I also come to learn. About you, you're people, your way of living." With her finale statement she focused on the words learn and you hoping they would know these words if not the rest, walking forward a bit to the crowd of gathered Sume, and then sits as if ready to learn.

By this point, the sight of these two-armed Sume has become, if not something ordinary, at least not something especially extraordinary. When they hear her speech a decent portion of the crowd disperses, leaving a few of those smart enough to realize that the two-arms have by and large brought something useful. They seem happy to oblige her curiosity, describing their daily lives ad nauseum. ((See many above posts about Lifestyles of the Stinky and Cave-dwelling)). They seem especially interested in what Awlruts has to say, as they keep steering the conversation back that direction.

Ardannis, Turn 3.7

Spoiler
    Show

Go figure, it helps to look like the natives. Hmm...I'll have to look into that. Ardannis spends eight days traveling and spreading the word as far as he can, telling the Sume to tell nearby settlements that he cannot reach. He also tells them to bring some food to add to the feast. Getting to the place for the celebration two days ahead of time, he helps out with whatever he can, especially making sure that there is enough room for as many Sume as may come. Then, he checks with Tek, discussing the schedule for the planned celebration.

Aside from the futility of telling hunter-gatherers to bring food anywhere (think pot-luck in Ethiopia, but without stoned Western college dropouts), Ardannis is fairly well received.

Forneus
    Spoiler
    Show

Turn 2 interaction (wrap-up)

Forneus is rather pleased with the effect of his hunt. After congratulating the Sume and telling them that with practice and air (thrown) weapons they could do even better, he sets up a small fire to demonstrate how cooked food is tastier and explains that cooked food and boiled water are much healthier. Forneus encourages the Sume to practice what he taught them and to try and use air and fire more in their daily routine. Soon afterwards the immortal leaves, promising to return.

Forneus

Turn 3.8

Forneus returns to the Sume and asks them how well they have mastered his teachings and if they were finding their life better or easier because of them. If he gets an affirmative answer, Forneus suggests that the Sume should spread the word to other Sume to help make their lives better too.

@Turn 3.8
    Vahan explains that the new hunting techniques have aided them greatly, and that a number of new inventions have popped up over the past span of time (see turn 2-3 post, above). She also mentions that they've already taught the techniques to a number of neighboring villages.

((Forneus can feel the faint vapors of power from the Sume of this village, and it seems to get a bit stronger when he's around. He knows that where there's smoke, there's fire, but isn't sure exactly how to throw some kindling on this particular fire.))

((Responding in bursts so I don't hit the post length limit.))

19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awlruts, 3.3 Northernmost i22 till 3.6 wrap up

After hearing much of their culture and way of life she will probe with questions specific to her domains, just in case they have the notion of Lust and War, or at least a vague notion, something' for her to work with. Depending on the answers she gets, she will then answer questions they have, trying to make sure they are answered with her domains in the best light. If she can she will try and introduce the idea of styling hair to produce eye pleasing designs, trying to guess through questions and what she knows of them what designs they may be interested in. She will proceed to introduce concepts as clothes if they take to hair styling well, if not she will break the subject to them, if they continue to show the voracious appetite for knowledge then it would be obvious where this will go, continuing to answer questions as before (till I can get some non-wrap up interaction with them).
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-02 at 08:48 PM.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

20. - Top - End - #50

Krixal 4.0

Kranolk! Wonderful of you to join us. As to you not being invited, I would blame the confusion of comings and goings on the outer plane. I assure you that no one was trying to keep you away. Although you might have shown up in time to help with the catching of those boar-beasts! It was quite an adventure!

Unless Kranolk resists, Krixal will put the deer-cow on to grill, and serve it as the first course.

I hope you enjoy the festivities, oh, since you don't know, we are all refraining from making any big speeches about our specific, um, teachings. Feel free to mingle and teach to individuals though! The more the merrier!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Mandak, 3.3
    Spoiler
    Show

The hulking earth god pauses. He had assumed that the Sume would be having some of the same problems with beasts as the Niddog. If they did not, this was truly to be a test of any persuasive abilities he might have. Not seeing any way to continue the defense angle, Mandak invents the art of pretending you were talking about something else. "I will show you how to kill beasts more easily, for food. Who is hunter? I will show hunter new way." Assuming someone steps forward at his prompting, he will lead them into the forest for a while, and then use the Scupr to dig a hole, in which he will place sticks sharpened with his Sharpened Stone (made in a different species' thread). He then covers the trap with branches and other camouflaging elements, and lays wait with the accompanying hunter.

The Sume are by no means bright enough to pick up on the fact that the Immortal changed trains of thought, and so go along with his logic. The hunter, Ismat, quickly tires of waiting for something to fall into the hole; it seems the Sume are not very patient creatures. While the trap does eventually catch a small deer-like animal, Ismat remarks that they could have caught much more if they were actively looking for it.

Turn 3.1, Tirus
    Spoiler
    Show

When Tirus watches the sume play with the wheel he has given them. He is amazed at the speed that they find a use for it. “ wow Alim I am very pleased to see you and your people have found a use for this wheel. I and some other gods are having an event to see what all sume can do. Yes there is more then just you. I will reward the sumes tribe that brings the most amount of rocks of this size and larger ” Tirus holds up a rock the size of the sume's head. “ and the sume's that use there resources to best of there ability, like.” Tirus points to the wheel's and tools and any material around to show what he means by resources. “yes to which ever tribe of sume that brings the larger amount of rocks and shows the best use of resources i will reward with a tool of there choice. I will make it myself. It can be what you want like my chisel, shovel, or my gloves.” Tirus holds each item out and demonstrates there use if the sume do not already know. "When you see a large amount of smoke like a black and gray billowing cloud forming in that direction.” Tirus points out to the middle of the sume lands. “ then begin your journey. There will be much food, much rejoicing and much knowledge that all sume may have.” Tirus pauses for there response and(assuming the sume do wish to go) Tirus then asks “ will one sume come with me to spread the word of this and to learn more knowledge that I seek to teach to all sume?"

Turn 3.2-3.7

Tirus ventures out with any followers and seeks out all sume.
    first He begins his introduction with a description of what he is. using the description that he used with his first group of sume.
    second he shows them his ability to make tools and for each sume group he crafts them a tool of a different type and shows them how to use it as a tool. ((the first group i made a hammer for, i will make knifes for the groups learning how to hunt, torches for the group that is learning how to use fire, a chisel to show how how they can carve rocks into stronger tools, a lever to teach how to lift heavier objects that they normally can't, another i teach how to make a better structure, I teach how to make shovel to move dirt, a bucket to move water or liquid, an axe to chop wood, another i teach how to make grinding stones.))
    Third I will only give each group one tool that i teach them how to make but try to teach each group a different tool then the one before. Any group that already has a god teaching them i will only try to help and give them tools that can help like the hunters getting knifes.
    fourth After teaching the first tool to each group and how it works i then show them how to make a wheel like i did with the first group and encourage them to come to the event explaining what it is and to bring as many rocks as they can in my name. I also tell them about the other events that the other gods will put on and to venture out when they see the billowing cloud of smoke and where it should be coming from.

((ooc: this is a list of the different tools i teach: hammer, knife, torch, chisel, lever, structures, shovel, bucket, axe, and grinding stones. Let me know if i need to change this or if i cant reach all the groups. I'm thinking it would take about a day to teach each race one tool and teach them how to make a wheel then to leave them with that so they can experiment and get ready for the big event. sorry for the long post ))

edit: relized i couldnt teach sume to use tongs so i changed it to torches.

Turn 3.1

Alim volunteers to go along with Tirus for the journey, as Tirus's teachings, and Alim's rapid understanding of them, have brought him a good deal of prestige. Alim's village meanwhile seems very pleased with the promise of food and learning, and soon begin loading carts for the trip.

Turn 3.2-3.7

News of Tirus has spread around a bit, with his improved building techniques. With his actual appearance at many of the villages, he feels the power coming from the Sume soar. ((Tirus gains worshipers, to a total of 45)). The Sume at each village take to heart the lessons of toolmaking, and are soon busy piling their carts with rocks.

Sedha
    Spoiler
    Show

((Turn 2 wrap up))

After teaching the Sume to clean their wounds, Sedha stands and addresses Ghassan. "Thank you for letting me help you. I have much to do, and I must leave you now. I will return to try and help you more.

"However, before I go, I must warn you: there are others like me. They have much power, and not all power good. Some of them will try to hurt you, although some of them will try to help you as I do. Listen to their words, and accept any offer of help they give you. However, if they offer you hurt, then run from them. If they offer you something, but make you do strange things to get that something, then they only mean you harm as well, and you should run."

With that, Sedha fades into the darkness, and back into the outer plane.

Ghassan gives Sedha a blank look as she offers her warning; Ghassan is probably going to be pragmatic about the other Two-Arms running around, since they've been so helpful in the past.

((Bear with me, still clearing the backlog)).
    Last edited by Maldiem; 2008-06-02 at 11:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 3 wrap-up

Forneus is very pleased with the progress the Sume have made and spends some time in their midst. He tries to suggest using air and fire in their past-times in addition to the hunt. Forneus looks for appropriate materials and comes up with a few games: playing catch with hard fruit, tossing a frisbee-like wooden disk and throwing mock spears at targets.

Turn 4.1

Forneus returns once more to see the progress of the Sume. He is by now fairly confident that they have great potential which can be extended with better air (thrown) weapons. Forneus suggests that they use their better tools for crafting better air weapons. Remember, air and fire are great allies even when separate, but when combined they are invincible. He goes on to suggest that the Sume could use fire and smoke to drive prey out of holes or otherwise dangerous or inaccessible habitats (i.e. bear's cave or other predator's dens) and use the air weapons for ambush. He also suggests that once they master fire more, they could throw lit spears (which so far has mostly use for scaring animals at a distance). Take care, because air and fire are dangerous if not respected. Make sure you leave no fires unattended, Forneus warns.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

@Pre-Festival stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Having shown the other immortals a good location for the contest before leaving, Ardannis works on improving it for the event. Swinging through the trees with great agility, he marks broad trails to the nearby stream and to several stands of dead trees, one arm reaching out to break a small branch or otherwise mark the path, or pick up a dry log, while the other four or five arms manage locomotion.

Though quick to make excuses, as he doesn't really like standing on his head to use the strongest two limbs if he can avoid it, he will help with the manual labor if another Immortal manages to pin him down. When he has free time, he practices his juggling and sleight of hand so as to put in a good appearance.

He takes personal responsibility for the stage on which the storytelling contest will be held, making sure that there are torches that can be lit on both sides of it, in case the storytelling goes into the night.

Spoiler
    Show

Third contest: Art! It's got both Communication and Symbols, so it should be great for Tek. :-)

Rough schedule: Sume arrive throughout the morning on the day of the contest. When the sun is at high noon, the Immortals will introduce themselves *briefly* and announce the start/rules of the various contests (I think the event would go a lot more smoothly if we saved the bulk of the proselytizing for smaller interactions during the event with the various Sume we chat up, rather than grandiose speeches all at the same time which may break out into argument between Immortals).
    Contests can happen in parallel, but should probably go in order so that Sume can watch all three. When they're done, hand out prizes, eat drink, schmooze, go home happy. Whaddya say?

Spoiler

Krixal 3.7

Krixal will spend days gathering the longest-burning wood for the festival, and building four bonfires around the outside of the festival-area, and a larger bonfire in the middle. He will build the large bonfires by de-manifesting and re-manifesting multiple times, arranging the tinder and kindling as a foot tall, then the larger wood as six feet tall, then the large logs as 16 feet tall.

From early the morning before the festival (before the Sume begin arriving) he will be cooking over several smaller fires, as well as having dishes already ready in slow-cook pits.

turn 3.7 (party plan)
    Tirus says during this meeting." Ok the changes I see with the schedule are as follows."

Spoiler

Accommodations: accommodations are prepared by Tirus and with this he takes great pride in his work to make every possible accommodation for this party. He makes enough chairs for all the sume and all the immortals that are coming. All the chairs are the same. The chairs have a back that is held on with arms to the main part of the chair there are 4 armrests enough for all the sume's limbs. The chairs are carved to more or less be shaped to the sume's form. Each of the armrest's is carved with a hole in them. it looks like the arms could hold somthing in these arms. these chairs are the most conferable chairs the sume have ever seen or used. Every chair is marked with the simble of Tirus on the back. Tirus also makes 18 places where each of the sume tribes can put there rocks so they can be counted to see who has brought the most. And each group will be judged on the manner in which they bring in the rocks. This is the contest that will determine which sume tribe is the most resourceful.

((My challenge is:))
    Challenge of resourcefulness:

The sume will be tested on there use of resources that they have and how well they use them to the best of there ability. So they have to find the best way in which to bring in the most rock.

Quality Tested: resourcefulness
    Prize: any item that I can craft. So they will tell me what they want and I will craft it for them.

((edit: i was wondering if we just want to say we spend most of this turn preparing and at turn 4.0 we start the great fire? also that way we could just post this all and not have to use aim. we could roll into turn 4.))

Let the festivities begin!

Krixal finishes with the last of he meal.
    Menu:

* Waterfowl: roasted on spits.
    * Fish: grilled on heated rocks.
    * Deer-like animals: both grilled on rocks as the fish, and made into a stew with tubers and vegetables.
    * Boar-like animals: roasted by stuffing them with fruits and vegetables, and burying them in a roasting pit for a day.
    * A great heap of salad, dressing provided by oil from the boar-like animals+spices from Krixal's pouch.
    * Fruits, as many different kinds as can be found.
    * To drink: Wine! made from various fruits, which Krixal will ask Araslyon's help in selecting/preparing.
    * Also to drink, teas, made from dried herbs.

If anyone wants to suggest something for the menu, Krixal will gladly try to provide it as well.

((I assume that Krixal will have time for all this, as he has devoted 3.7 to the beginning of 4.0 to preparing for this party.))

On the day of the festival, Krixal has the central bonfire blazing, and he throws green branches on to it to create a smoke-column for a marker to the Sume.

It has been a long time since Kranolk visited the Sume, and he has never shaken the feeling that his warm reception was not as warm as it could have been. He finally resolves to deal with this feeling. He manifests himself in the forest of the Sume, relatively near where he recalls first meeting them, and begins to look around for a better gift to bring them. He remembers that he has not shown them the secret of leather yet, and hunts for a deer-like or bovine creature, which he soon finds; a large, passive looking animal with a long neck, and an equally long tail. He sees it across a clearing in the forest, and hurls his spear towards it. He strikes it in the haunch, and, as his spear pulls out of its flesh, it runs. Cursing, Kranolk snatches his weapon and gives chase, bounding through the woods after the creature, following the broken branches and trail of blood, which gradually peters out until it is clear that the creature has almost bled out. Very soon after this point, he finds it, lying on the ground as it asleep. He pauses a moment to catch his breath, panting, before he picks up the carcass and looks around for the trail back to the Sume village.

Instead, he sees something much more interesting: a large plume of smoke rising from the trees. When he saw the Sume last they hadn't discovered fire, and he is curious. He brings the carcass, and goes to see what is burning.

Soon he stumbles on the festival: he sees many Sume gathered around, and several Gods of the rival faction. Angry at their arrogance, gathereing together so many Sume like this, but not wanting to make a scene and repeat his failure with the Zygon, Kranolk brings the deer into the circle. Approaching quietly so the other gods don't see him, he comes up behind thm. "Krixal, Ardannis. How good to see you here. It seems we are having a party. Why wasn't I invited?" He drops the carcass with a wet thud. "I brought an appetizer. I think there's enough for everyone if we take small portions

((It all looks good. I'll be online tomorrow from 5-6pm GMT-7 to about midnight GMT -7. PM me with your AIM address if you want to work this out in a chatroom, or just respond here.))

As the fire is lit, the Sume begin to show up, in small groups. It looks like mostly healthy adults came, those that could be spared from day-to-day duties. Of the 20 or so groups, each sent 2-5 adults, totaling about 70 Sume, which is by itself the largest gathering the race has had in living memory. Almost every group arrives toting a primitive cart with a load of stones on it, and it seems to be a matter of pride as to how many they each had.

At the sight of the gathered food, beverages, seats and fires, most stop and stare, slackjawed, for awhile. Eventually they come to their senses and start to mingle, first talking amongst themselves, and then meeting those from other villages that arrived. A few of the more curious ones wander over to the Immortals, looking in unabashed greed at the food.

24. - Top - End - #54

Spoiler
    Show
    My Granny's here from Texas, and there's unfortunately no way I can get on for long enough to do anything worth while without looking like a rude jerk, especially after she gave me $500, which I would say buys some attention.

"That seems fair. We would not want to influence these people too much, and with all the competition, if we all got on our stump, nothing would get done." When Krixal throws the deer-cow on the grill, he winces and drags it out of the flames. He whips his knives from the pocket on his cloak and dismembers it, skinning and boning it, and chopping off a sizable hunk of bloody meat from the haunch. The rest he throws back on the grill, and shakes his head at Krixal's folly. [color=Maroon]"I don't know why you'd want to ruin a perfectly good steak, but save some for the smart fellows.

When the Sume start showing up, he takes his portion of the feast and the hide and sets up camp near the fire. When he sees a Sume that he recognizes, as he must, considering how many there are here, he calls it over. "How has your tribe been doing? Have you succeeded in hunting any more of those horned-beasts? Here, have some meat." He tears a hunk of the deer-cow off and hands it to the Sume and any others who want some.
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

25. - Top - End - #55

Mandak, 4.7
    (I think little enough happened in that brief exchange that we can safely put the entire thing in turn 4, unless you have any objections)

When Ismat mentions that hunting would have gone faster with actual hunting, Mandak has a reply, eventually. "Show me your hunting. Then I help." Assuming they show him the herd-and-shoot method described earlier, Mandak does indeed have an idea. He asks to be shown the next field they will hunt in. Then, he digs a long pit trap along one side of the field, and tells the Sume to herd the creatures towards it.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 4.0

as Tirus watched the sume bring in so much rock, he was pleased to see that all had made some kind of cart to bring the rocks in. He noticed that none of the sume tribes really shined above any other. So has Tirus pondered a way to find the most resourceful he thought of an idea. “ you have all used your resources and so much rock but you all have done just as good as the next. But i promised you a prize so to determine the victor we will use this rock as the final part of the challenge. “ Tirus creates a small model for the sume to see. “ This is my challenge. build this structure. each tribe will build one side.” The model has 19 sides 1 for each tribe and 1 extra. The sides are made of stone and clay for a mortar to hold them together. The roof has logs hanging off the edges of the walls working there way to the center of the building. At the center the logs rest on the one next to it all the way around leaving a hole in the middle but is very stable. To finish the roof it is covered with wood with and then hide stretched of the wood to cover the holes. “This last side will be built by all sume.” Tirus points to the extra side that holds an entrance. “ each tribe must make a name. This name will be the symbol that describes each sume tribe. This name will be put into each of the sume's wall in any form they wish like symbols. After building this place that all sume my seek shelter, seek help and seek comfort my contest will be done. And to the victor's i will begin working on there item.” Tirus shows them how to make a mortar to hold the stone and how to use it with the stone. He also watches and points out any flaws to make sure the structure is strong and will not fall down.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Awlruts, 3.3 Northernmost i22 till 3.6 wrap up
    Spoiler
    Show

After hearing much of their culture and way of life she will probe with questions specific to her domains, just in case they have the notion of Lust and War, or at least a vague notion, something' for her to work with. Depending on the answers she gets, she will then answer questions they have, trying to make sure they are answered with her domains in the best light. If she can she will try and introduce the idea of styling hair to produce eye pleasing designs, trying to guess through questions and what she knows of them what designs they may be interested in. She will proceed to introduce concepts as clothes if they take to hair styling well, if not she will break the subject to them, if they continue to show the voracious appetite for knowledge then it would be obvious where this will go, continuing to answer questions as before (till I can get some non-wrap up interaction with them).

((Non-wrap up interaction... GO!))

Styling hair would appeal to them a bit, if they had any way to make it stay that way. As is, their hairstyles are mostly "keep it out of our eyes". They have a basic concept of Lust (as in, they have all the same drives as normal animals). Their concept of war is very rudimentary, mostly consisting of interpersonal conflicts, rather than inter-village conflicts..

Forneus
    Spoiler
    Show

Turn 3 wrap-up

Forneus is very pleased with the progress the Sume have made and spends some time in their midst. He tries to suggest using air and fire in their past-times in addition to the hunt. Forneus looks for appropriate materials and comes up with a few games: playing catch with hard fruit, tossing a frisbee-like wooden disk and throwing mock spears at targets.

Turn 4.1

Forneus returns once more to see the progress of the Sume. He is by now fairly confident that they have great potential which can be extended with better air (thrown) weapons. Forneus suggests that they use their better tools for crafting better air weapons. Remember, air and fire are great allies even when separate, but when combined they are invincible. He goes on to suggest that the Sume could use fire and smoke to drive prey out of holes or otherwise dangerous or inaccessible habitats (i.e. bear's cave or other predator's dens) and use the air weapons for ambush. He also suggests that once they master fire more, they could throw lit spears (which so far has mostly use for scaring animals at a distance). Take care, because air and fire are dangerous if not respected. Make sure you leave no fires unattended, Forneus warns.

Forneus is again given a warm reception, and his new ideas are taken to heart, as the Sume begin refining their weapons into something useful for ranged fighting. As they practice with throwing, they begin to notice certain things that make certain spears fly better than others, and they undergo a considerable amount of revision.

((Had a conversation with other DMs, standardized my definition of worship. Forneus has had 20 worshipers among the Sume for awhile, apparently.))

((Crashing early tonight. Dealing with festival stuff tomorrow.))

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 4.2

Forneus spends some time with the Sume group, trying to figure out how he can help further. He asks around for any trouble they've had recently or if they had any problems dealing with air and fire. Once that's done Forneus suggests a few Sume to accompany him on a small trip to a nearby group to see if they need any assistance.

OOC: out of ideas this morning, pretty much looking for GM hints ;)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

turn 4.0

on completion of the new sume structure Tirus addresses them. “ sume you have all used your resources well. I have found that Alim shows a great deal of knowledge of resourcefulness and ask all sume what problem do you have the most, that I my craft Alim a tool to help all sume ease there worry.” after they have answered him with a problem Tirus stays and enjoys the rest of the festival. At the end of it he leaves to begin work on the sume artifact.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sedha 6.9

After what seemed like an eternity of nonstop walking, a thoroughly exhausted Sedha finally arrived at the Sume's area.

Sedha wanders around the area for a day, stopping only when she finds a group of Niddogs with more than 10 members. Even then she waits only long enough to deliver this message.

"I am Sedha, a being of Darkness and Kindness. I bring knowledge of what lies outside of your forest. This in my arms, is the body of a very wise and brave Karksh, another thinker such as yourselves, who asked me in their dying wish, for me to bring you his body to show you what the Karksh look like, and to bring you all a message:

'Greetings, other thinkers. We are the Karksh, and we live in the water. We have been told of your existence in the land, and wished to contact you. We wanted to let you know that we are here as well, and wish to learn of you. The one before you now has died, but is shown to you so that you may see what we look like, as we are told you see differently than we do, and can see things that cannot move. We think that there are many ideas that could be shared between us, and wish to learn all we can. We will be waiting.'

"I wish I could stay to explain more to you all, but there is much more to be done. I must carry her message to all of the creatures living in this land. I will return soon. Until then, farewell.
    "

With that she leaves, off to the next group. She continues this for an entire day, before turning towards the sea. She had worked long enough, but so had Fip's poor body. It was time to lay him to rest.