New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Pius Fidelis: Convert the Zygon

Ark 2.2

"Ark speaks through me." The avatar points upwards into the sky. "He sees Zygon and hears Zygon. Now, I will follow you, for it is the same as Ark coming here."

As Ark's avatar looks at the Zygon, he joins them and stays with them as they travel, letting the Zygon take care of scouting. He mostly speaks to the white, blue and brown-eyed Zygon that are following the leaders, telling them of other beings like himself.

"Powers." He then shows the number with his hands. Showing ten fingers, then another 6. "Some, hurt, you. Some, help, you." The smile on his features slowly disappears as he looks at the Zygon, and particularly the red-eyed ones in an attempt to explain how critical the situation is.

"Agur. Others. No, Zygon. Receive powers. Powers make others, good, good, good. Danger to Zygon."

He places the emphasis, letting his words sink in. They needed to understand that if they were too proud to accept his help, they would be seriously troubled by other races that had no such pride. So he starts teaching them about nesting grounds as they move, teaching them how to recognize animal breeding calls.

"Zygon, need, mate. Animal, need, mate. Animal, call, mate." He nods. "If mate, call, animal, come. Learn call. Speak call and animal come to Zygon. Observe animal and you learn where nest is."

To the Zygon females, he teaches them how water alleviates pain and facilitates birthing:

"Female Zygon: Birth, water, Good." As he expected the red-eyed Zygon to protest or scoff at the idea, he adds: "Water. Heated. Water and fire. Comfort. Less Pain."

As they continue walking, he also speaks to the blue-eyed Zygon, Huna fairly extensively, she seemed to be a fairly well looked after female that had a voice inside the family.

"Huna, smart." He points at her head. "Ark, teach, birthing." He then speaks to her, but clearly loud enough so that anyone that paid attention could follow his words, he explains how a birth occurs, what happens during the pregnancy, the increasing needs and the best ways of satisfying the most important ones.

As they continue walking, Ark also suggests something else, thinking that it would allow him access to a stable source of animals to impress this family of Zygon.

"Ark, need, animals. If Zygon, find, good, animals. Ark gives, more, animals."

He then proceeds to explaining a method of capturing animals and keeping them: Allowing the Zygon to have a growing stable source of food. Ark overall keeps on giving suggestions without forcing any of them on the Zygon, but still teaching, particularly Huna, of concepts relating to midwifery, being as basic as he can for now.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-05-30 at 07:57 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Plamal

Turn 2.5

Plamal continued to run for a short time but only to keep them in hearing range. Putting one leg in front of another he screams. "Beware creatures not normal. Beware or you shall die."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

OOC: Due to a randomly unforeseen extension of the turn, I’d say that editing your posts is more then acceptable. Just be sure to let me know that you have so I can edit my response.

The Zygon 2.2 Krixal

Many of the Zygon who were present showed their distain of the frog creature with hisses and growls as the creature left; though many more ignored him as they crowded around Kise concerned. It took a full day for her to fully recover from the effort she had put into putting out the fire that quickly after having spent a while showing others how to manipulate the flames.

The Zygon 2.2 Ark

The group seemed confused by Ark’s gesture towards the sky, though, they seemed to accept his explanation, even if they don’t quite understand it. Many listen to him as they moved; even red eyed ones listened from a more forward position; while they weren’t the leaders they seemed to prefer being up front. When he mentioned that others were dangerous and explained it, the red eyed ones gave almost insulted looks, but oddly, the brown eyed ones gave the most skeptical glances.

Though, even with the way it landed none really said anything about it, mostly just a few red eyes mumbling about being ‘good, good, good’ themselves, but these were not highly vocalized and almost pouting. Some take an interest in making calls, but it doesn’t seem to hold real well with them, they seem to have difficulty generating the sounds. However, many take interest in his teachings of water and helping births; most of whom are females, but males listen too, just less inquisitive about it then the females. Huna was especially pleased when Ark spoke to her extensively; she was indeed a rather intelligent Zygon with a great deal of patience. Many others did listen in to the conversation, some of whom had dealt with such cravings and pains before and were very interested in his explanations.

As he started to explain keeping and raising animals, several of the red eyed Zygon fell back some to listen more closely to his explanations. Though, as time moved on, many of the Zygon started to listen more carefully to the suggestions he gave; though many were unsure of if his suggestions would work as well as he lead on. However, Huna was more then happy to listen to his every word on their travels.

The Zygon 2.5 Forneus

The red eyed Felidae female, along with many other Zygon, sharpen their eyes when he states that they can’t. “I, fire. I, move, fire. I, move, air. I, move, water. I, move, earth.” She states confidently and with more then a touch of anger in her voice. “Water, not, good?” Scoffed a pair of blue eyes in the darkness, in a matter of moments most of the Zygon’s opinions had changed from interest in the smoky creature, to dislike. “Zygon, good. You, not, good.” Stated the red eyed female that had come closest before walking back to the others ignoring his statement over wanting to see how they lived. They had made no motion to drive him away, but it was blatantly obvious that they didn’t like him anymore; the only exception being the white eyed ones, but even they were more weary of him and stuck largely with the group as they moved back.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: That was pretty close Chrono; though I’m sure if I should give you Kudos for properly role playing not knowing or shake my head for not reading my description, or possibly just shrug for things landing that way for whatever reason. At any rate, nice random backtracking/forethought with the artifact.

The Zygon 2.5 Plamal

The Zygon continued to run, until they couldn’t any more and dropped down to a walk; which at that point they did grasp what the bear was finally saying, which just chained a great deal of confusion. “Bad, thing, talk?” Asked one of white eyed males to another Zygon still catching their breath. “New, bad, thing.” Answered the red eyed male, they both looked back at it for a few moments. “You, new, bad, thing. Zygon, move. Bad, thing, not, move.” Shouts the red eyed one back to the creature as they continued walking.

The Zygon 2.7 Ikeklos

The Zygon did not mind the large creature following them for the lengthy amounts of time; the only times it became bothersome was when a small group would leave to hunt or some would leave to be away from the group, at which points it could still remain with the main portion of the group.

A brief demonstration and display of ability showed that while all Zygon have the ability to diminish fires, they don't have the ability to make things directly cold.

Hunting was a different experience to watch; the main tactic being for the Zygon to blind the prey with mud, dirt, or fire and smoke, before moving in to strangle the blinded creature by digging their large incisors into the creature’s neck. This tactic was also shown to repel predators, only with the group running rather then moving in; it was odd because their accuracy was good, but throwing styles were questionable.

All Zygon present listened to the creature as it spoke, it had taken a while, but even the red eyes didn’t mind the large creature any more. After the large creature moves off several of the Zygon wonder what to do with the symbol it had made; they had no real homes other then the occasional cave. However, some marked it in their fur with mud while others would draw it in the earth where they stopped to sleep for the night; however, for a single brown eyed Canidae male named Rig, he etched the symbol into a stone charm that he kept.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-05-30 at 03:34 PM.
    Zweans-attack (Z-winz-uh-tak) verb 1:An unprovoked attack on ones attention though the use of the MSN instant messenger by a Zweanslord, these attacks often affect multiple people at once.

I invented the hate ray, but it was smashed when the tested subject got angry and beat me with it.

This one time a harpy started singing and cleric was unconscious, so my wizard cast blindness/deafness on everyone in the party; then put the dwarf's gloves on and started groping the female paladin.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Forneus felt he lost his momentum, much like the wind which hits an impenetrable mountain. The wind will not be stopped, it will turn and circumvent the obstacle but it won't go where it wanted to go. Some damage control is in order.

Me? Me bad? Forneus looks offended. You say you good, you say you move all elements. Show me. Show me you good. Show me you move all elements. All elements are good. I am master of elements. I am good. Show me you're good too.

And this, just as Forneus thought he was making progress... The immortal is more than mildly irritated. As the blue eyed one speaks, he replies in turn You say water good. Why is water hidden in the shadows then? Come out and be good. I come, trying to show, trying to help. And you... you call me bad for no reason. Is that how you are good?

So much for damage control, Forneus thinks. He has already suspected his nature is as tactful as a forest fire but this is the first time that it works against him. This is still a good opportunity to find out more about these creatures and to at least figure out why they're so easily irritated.
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-30 at 07:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35

Spoiler
    Show
    Edited ever so slightly.

6. - Top - End - #36

Kranolk: Turn 2.2

Kranolk looks at the two stones, flabbergasted that things could go so poorly. Next time, use some cunning. Clearly just running in doesn't work so well. He has no idea what she means. Move this, move that, show earth. He stares at the stones for some time, mind racing, trying to find something to do. Finally, getting angry with the Zygon and himself for letting things turn so badly, he looks up and snaps, "Show earth? Move? You want me to move? The earth doesn't move, and why should I? I have time, I will wait until you want your pebbles back. The hunter must have patience, and I am The Hunter." He sits down, folding his many legs under himself, and holds out his hands with the two pebbles in them, remaining as perfectly still as he can, knowing that he probably isn't helping himself, but not wanting to give in. At least Falenra will be proud, it doesn't look like I'll be influencing them very much at all.
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

7. - Top - End - #37

Ark 2.2

Spoiler
    Show
    End of turn talks

Ark continues his walk with the Zygon, seeing his words hit their mark a few times. He continues speaking to Huna as a mediator, most incline to teach her of anything she should like to know or curious about pregnancy and delivery.

He will then show the Zygon his symbol by drawing it with a stick in the earth, also showing them a few drawings where birth takes place and the importance of any new-born: essentially, Zygon destiny would rest in their hands eventually.

He speaks of how he believes the Zygon do have a 'good, good' child upbringing, but adds that supporting with images or drawings with fluids would help them learn in the very first few days.

The drawing for Ark essentially looks like a phallic-shaped upright oval with stick-figure feet at its bottom extremes. He explains what they are, of course, and will always do so when drawing for them in the ground.

Ark hopes that will teach the Zygon to rest or paint in specific places for territorial landmarks and perhaps, with animal companionship, lead them to prefer staying in one specific spot and settle down.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-05-30 at 04:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

The Zygon 2.2 Kranolk

The Zygon look back at the unusual creature as it snaps at them, the blue eyed lead seems to be even more amused as she moves back to him. “Make, earth, thing.” She states picking up the small unmarked rock. “Good, earth, thing.” She continues picking up the etched one, she was speaking slowly; then puts both in his hands, and picks up a fist sized rock. She shows it to him and it’s fairly smooth, then she runs her hand over and seems to concentrate before showing it to him again, but there was a sharp thinly etched line in it. “Show, Zygon, earth. Zygon, move. Karn-olk, move, here.” She explains still talking slowly and spacing words more then normal. “Zygon, here.” She states gesturing to the other Zygon, though she seemed somewhat pleased before moving to the group and moving away from him.

The Zygon 2.5 Forneus

The red eyed female, stopped picked up a rock and hurled it at him; yet, before it hit it moved and changed direction mildly, just enough to avoid hitting him. “Earth.” She states, before moving to puddle and scooping up a handful and hurling that at him; but it moved as if it was contained and didn’t spread as it normally would. “Water.” She tells him defiantly before continuing back to the others. Though, when he calls out to the blue eyes; it immediately stops and looks back. “Fire, good? Wind, good? Water, not, good? Earth, not, good?” It asks sounding more rhetorical then anything else. “You, not, bad. You, not, good.” The blue eyed one states, and judging from the sound of its voice a male; he didn’t seem to like the creature, but he didn’t seem to dislike it that much either. After a moment the blue eyes turned and continued before to the group.
    Zweans-attack (Z-winz-uh-tak) verb 1:An unprovoked attack on ones attention though the use of the MSN instant messenger by a Zweanslord, these attacks often affect multiple people at once.

I invented the hate ray, but it was smashed when the tested subject got angry and beat me with it.

This one time a harpy started singing and cleric was unconscious, so my wizard cast blindness/deafness on everyone in the party; then put the dwarf's gloves on and started groping the female paladin.

9. - Top - End - #39

The Zygon 3.0 Turn 3 Update

As time progressed and groups mingled with one another, several things had become more common in conversation; one of the main ones being the care and procedures for pregnancies and births, followed mildly by the learning of herding. However, other things spread too; like the idea of not being wasteful of anything, though this doesn’t spread as well and mostly discussed by blue and brown eyed Zygon. Though, with all this talking it becomes difficult to facilitate such conversations with the limited vocabulary that they had been using up until now. Great leaps and strides were made in styles of speech and the words themselves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I’m tired of having to use move, thing, and good for every flipping thing; now people should be able to understand them.

After the information about keeping the animals moved through the Zygon, small groups of various herbivores started to be moved with them. Generally the herbivores about half the size of an average Zygon, but this varies depending on the group; often when groups would meet they would trade herbivores, thus several kinds of animals would usually be found with a group. This caused the Zygon to move their paths, choosing some lush expanses over some keen hunting grounds of old; however, even with this the Zygon would often hunt anyway rather then feed off their livestock.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-05-30 at 11:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 2.5 wrap-up (and possibly a bit later)

The immortal watches the display with some agitation. Crap. This was a total surprise as Forneus had no idea those primitive creatures could do this with all the elements. No matter, there was one thing which had to be done and that was to assert that air and fire ruled over the other two. With creatures this grumpy this would be tricky, but Forneus was hoping to find a crack in their primitive order - those creatures seemed pretty individualistic, had no obvious order (both of which suggested the possibility of factions and infighting) and after all he was counting on more support from the red and white eyes (the color of eyes already being logically connected to the elements). For a moment Forneus contemplates why there are no young ones around and if they would be more easily influenced, but then shrugs these concerns away.

This had to be done with some tact, so Forneus drops the large words for a bit (while still using at least some words that for now seem to be hard for them to understand). Good. Very good. Very very good., Forneus smiles at the display of the red eyed one. You are very good, I am happy to see.
    Forneus tries one last time to settle things and push his agenda a bit more. I said water is good, you need water. And earth is good, you need earth too. But air and fire are good too. All elements are good. But fire can burn earth, Forneus gives the burnt tree a knock and the burnt bark cracks and some sooth falls off. And air can move earth too., Forneus takes a large scoop of dirt, lifts it up and blows it skywards with a gust of wind.

OOC: using skill

Air can move earth too...Forneus repeats as a cloud of dirt starts falling down. Air can move much earth, so much earth that it's hard to catch. This time Forneus sincerely hopes that those creatures don't have the skills to put a cloud of dirt back to a handful. So all elements good, but air and fire move more.

Unless the creatures outright attack him, Forneus continues one last time: Now I will sleep. Sleep here., He settles down near the trunk of the big tree, sighs and pretends to fall asleep. If the Zygon are around, he takes his time to observe what they do. After a while he hopes that there will be some Zygon around and he will encourage them when they are using air and fire control. In the best case scenario, Forneus will hang around until turn 2.7, helping the creatures with their daily chores. In the worst case, he will fly out of range chased by an angry mob and then de-materialize.

(OOC: I'll post for turn 3 after I know how well that went.)
    Last edited by chrono; 2008-05-31 at 01:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

The Zygon 2.5 Forneus

The red eyed Felidae female watched intently as he picked up the clump and tossed it into the air, though part of it doesn’t disperse like the rest and clumps; she catches the clump it’s self letting out a deep breath she had been holding. “Fire, move. Air, move. Earth, not, move.” She states breathing fairly hard while holding the chunk of earth, she had almost a prideful tone to her voice; but after a moment she slumps against a tree as her breath becomes more ragged. Though, she seems to force herself to stand after a few moments and starts back to the rest of the group, having to stop along the way several times to catch her breath.

The Zygon allow the creature to stay, but they do not seem to enjoy his presence much; their culture seems to be somewhat divided, yet not, all accept each other, but there are still a number of differences and disagreements between them. There are children in the group, but any who might have been curious to see what made the noise were held back by the parents and any other members of the group that remained behind and even moved further away. If the immortal paid close enough attention, then the red eyed Felidae female that stood opposed for so long spent a great deal of time with blue eyed Felidae male, who seemed to be her mate; they even had a brown eyed Felidae child. Though, while the creature is tolerated, he is kept at a distance from children, and several refuse to speak with him, of those that do, most have not good things to say or seem judgmental against his words. Not even the white eyed are a real reprieve, they sometimes listen for a while, but then they often get distracted or lose interest quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:I gave the response, I'm sure you'd have a counter or something else to bring up; but at this point just take notes and plan for tomorrow as they say.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-05-31 at 05:52 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 2.6

OOC: just making sure you got that the dirt wasn't thrown, it was blasted with a skill (gust of wind). Also your reply is what I expected so I don't need to respond further (ah well, just a bit of flavor).

The Figure has stood motionless for an unnatural amount of time (easily longer than the Zygon can last without water and maybe food). It seems to just be watching and talking to those interested to stray nearby and talk back, but not doing much more. At one point Forneus says that he will be gone, but will be back and soon enough the strange creature disappears without a trace).

Turn 3.2

Forneus has taken his time to peer into his pool and find large group of Zygon, which is far enough to assume it being too far for creatures from the first group to go on foot (but not much farther, so potentially they are still "nearby settlements"). With his newfound knowledge from observation he approaches the group of Zygon, much like the first group: He walks from afar using his shout to let them know he is a master of the elements and comes in peace (this time making a point of stating at least a few times that he is a master of all elements). He shows off his skills, especially the flying, bow and cone of fire. He has learned his lesson and uses simple words and explains he has already been to other Zygon groups and they accepted to show him what they can and in turn he showed them what he can. Forneus proposes to teach the Zygon better ways to use their mastery of the elements.

(OOC: sorry, a bit tired of writing the same approach scenario for the fifth time).

13. - Top - End - #43

Ark 2.2 *(End of turn fluff, just fluff)*

As Ark teaches the last few things he had to say to the Zygon, he calls out to them one last time before he departs:

"Zygon, have faith. I will return. And I will have a gift for the faithful, as promised. A small token of my gratitude for your hospitality and sharp minds."

His eyes glow, his hair suddenly flowing upwards with small bursts of wind coming around him. He smiles, looking at the Zygon with kind eyes. He thinks he had done enough here. He had preferred setting his eyes on one race at a time, and seeing as how tough it was to approach them and make them tone down their pride, he thought it had been an extremely productive amount of time.

"Ark is calling. Remember... my teachings."

The avatar then slowly departs, losing its visual consistency, becoming more and more transparent until only a green globe of light remains, suddenly shooting upwards in a beam, straight up towards the stars... to Ark.

14. - Top - End - #44

Kranolk: Turn 2.1 ((Wrap-up))

Kranolk finally understands more or less what he has done wrong, and realizes that the best way of saving face may be to give in. He folds the Blue-eyed Zygon's hand over the pebble and says, "I do not know how to move the earth. You are stronger than me in that way. But in the same way, I am stronger than you in hunting. I think that we can both learn from each other. I must go now, but if you will let me, I would like to come back soon to learn more about moving earth and fire and water and air, and teach you to hunt." He bows low to her, then looks up into her eyes. "Do you permit it?

Spoiler
    Show
    If she says yes, he'll come back at around 3.5 to meet again. If not, well, I'll think of something
    Cardinal Ximinez by Mephibosheth
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisqui
    And yes, that is pretty much exactly what she meant. Don Beegles FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
    An appeal to me in this fiendish row - is there? Very well; I heard; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced

15. - Top - End - #45

The Zygon 2.x Kranolk
    Spoiler
    Show
    He gets a happy nod of approval from her.

The Zygon 3.2 Forneus

The Zygon initially don’t approach him when he calls out, some talk seems to go between those who came to see the noise; then a large male red eyed Canidae steps out to see him. “We hear you, smoke one.” He states rather unenthused. “You move earth now? And water?” He asks skeptically since the creature seems to stress all elements so much. Indeed, word had moved about this creature, though the word was not a very good one, but it didn’t speak of real ill either.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: If you’re getting tired of using the same entrances then why not use another? It doesn't seem to get you any points with any of the races anyway.

16. - Top - End - #46

Ark 3.2

As Ark finishes scrying on the Zygon that followed him, and particularly Huna, he gives his avatar the whistle of courting, closing his hand on the artifact. He then conjures forth his power, great surges of it coming forth and wrapping the avatar in an ethereal cloak. Then, it progressively loses substance before becoming a radiating globe of green light.

Finally, he is beamed downwards in a straight line, towards his followers, a shaft of light forming towards the followers and the brightness of it was so that it would create its own shadow together with the sun in the plains. Then, as the globe approaches the group (or Huna herself if it's just her) it slows down, radiating, substance forming inside of it, creating Ark's avatar in the same form he had been before. (10m. I believe) His feet slowly reaches the ground as he hovers and the light disappears from whence it came.

The gentle man looks at Huna and smiles.

"I am back, Huna. I see a lot has changed in my leave. As promised, I have a gift for you, and I would like you to share it with any of the faithful that believed in me and my return."

Ark opens his avatar's hand and he gives the whistle of courting to Huna, lying it in the palm of her hand.

"This is a whistle of courting made for that animal that we hunted together. Its name is unclear to me, but this whistle has been imbued with power and will call for a mate perfectly without fail once everyday. The rest of the time, it will reproduce the sound made, and while good, it will not -always- attract. I saw that your people didn't have the same ease I had in reproducing mating calls, and this is but one of the ways I want to help you in."

He pauses, wondering if the Zygon will be able to understand all this. But then again, he had chosen Huna most of all for her intelligence. In the end, he had no doubt that she would explain to them in her own tongue if there was any confusion about it and his facial features never showed any mistrust, he always smiled to her, looking quite content.

"How do the children and the unborn fair, Huna? And what about your herding?"
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-05-31 at 07:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

The Zygon 3.2 Ark

The Zygon looked up as the immortal appeared dramatically; most seemed to take on a defensive stance until they saw who it was that appeared, then they relaxed some. Huna seemed especially happy to see him once more, and seemed only happier that he remembered her. She looked quizzically down at the trinket that he gave her for a while, but still listened very carefully to his words as he told her about it, she seemed to grasp it all though still looked up at him curiously. “Why just one, day?” She asked curiously, though she didn’t seem to put too much weight to the question; more of just a curiosity.

She nodded and did something of a smile, at least a smile for a Felidae Zygon. “They good, better now. Know better, make better.” She states tapping her head, she seemed quite proud that they were doing so well, even though it really hadn’t been a great deal of time. “We have Klee.” She states pointing out the moderately sized four legged creatures. They had thick brown coats, cloved feet, and the males had a fairly large pair of multipoint antlers; most stood about half the height of a Zygon, but some were slightly bigger. One had taken that particular moment to make a fairly loud call that sounded oddly like a long whistle. “Other Zygon have others. We just have Klee.” She tells him with a smile.

18. - Top - End - #48

Ark 3.2

He smiles, she was indeed very sharp. Proud of having met such an intelligent Zygon, he replies to her first question, making sure everyone in the group can hear clearly.

"Because remember this, Huna: Gifts are dangerous. Especially those that come with power. I can control my own power and keep balance, prevent bad things and promote good things. But once I give away a bit of my power, it is gone into the world, out of my control. While you have it now, later someone else might have it, someone less smart. I am limiting this power so that none of the other species might make use of it against you or your people."

He smiles, continuing, very happy with her.

"For example, this Klee, if you blew the whistle all the time, you could direct a stampede towards someone, or even yourself. It would be dangerous for yourself, but most especially if the one using had bad intentions. This is why I limited it, and not only that, it is also the reason I give it to you and your fellow Zygon. I know you will all do well with it."

He smiles once more, happy of the good news she gives him. He then walks towards the Klee and examines all of them for signs of pregnancy, and how well they are faring if so, he will also determine when the birth is supposed to take place, announcing it to the Zygon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the midwife skill. (Could you perhaps let me know in 'turn' valuation? I guess days could work, but because turns are a bit vague, it might be more practical)

"From what I have seen of you from afar, you have been moving a bit less, Huna. It's a good thing. When it becomes hard hunting as other Zygon are born, having the Klee will help a lot. Hunting is still important, but for the newborn and the elderly, you should try finding a stable place to rest. I will accompany you on your travels for a while, like last time, I will point several good resting places to you."

He pauses, smiling to her then looking to the rest of the Zygon, trying to see if any of the females are pregnant, but without saying anything in particular. He then talks to everyone in earshot.

"I am glad you are all doing so well. I am Ark's manifestation, his avatar. I am here to stay with you once more and bring my help to making this group one of the most influential of all. You are now, even more than before, a model to your kind. Let any that wish to speak to me come forth, yet do not disturb your traveling, I will walk with you: Come closer, listen or ask. Ark's mind and spirit has been with you in your travels, and is now embodied in front of you."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-01 at 12:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

The Zygon 3.2 Ark

Most of the Zygon listen to him intently as he tells them why the whistle has limited power, most accept the idea but like always there are those who don’t seem convinced by the explanation, most are red eyed, but they say nothing. Huna actually seems rather pleased that he gave her the whistle, and many of the others seem more then glad that he has entrusted them with such an item.

The Klee seem somewhat skittish about the approaching immortal, but then they seem to be a touch skittish around the Zygon as well. Several of the females are pregnant, most won’t be due for a while, but there are a few that seem to only be a little while out from giving birth. The Zygon are fairly impressed with his knowledge and predictions, but some skeptical murmur things like ‘We see then.’ and ‘I know.’ though these are uncommon. Huna as always listens carefully to his words.
    Spoiler
    Show
    most are beyond 3.4, but a few will be due in 3.3 and even a very few later in 3.2. OOC: while the skill is handy and can tell a lot, it it’s self isn’t sufficient to get down to the day; it’d be more like predicting which half of a month it’ll happen.

Huna as well as most of the Zygon have continued listening, many from before that were too busy or uninterested had started listening, but then a few others had lost interest for something else, often a straying Klee. However, many not listening closely have their attention caught when he states that it’s a good thing they are moving less; several had noted their movements follow certain things more now then others, and their range had lessened. “Klee move, we move. Klee stay, we stay. Klee better, or Zygon?” Asks a red eyed Felidae male fairly nonchalantly. “Agur! You know Zygon better.” States Huna some what angrily. “Klee lead, not Zygon. Ark want Klee lead.” Agur shouts before moving away angrily. “Agur not better.” Huna states almost mournfully quietly mostly to herself.

There are few Zygon that Ark doesn’t recognize and a few missing that he remembers from before, however, as a whole none of the females seemed pregnant at first glance, or if they were it didn’t show much. There was a general sense of approval that he was going to help them become more and that he was going to travel with them, however his words of being an embodiment for another seemed to confuse a few. However, this passed quickly as they traveled, Agur eventually came back but kept his distance from the large creature, but Huna stayed close. “Why Ark here? Not move with others, talk others?” Asked Huna after a short while.
    Last edited by Arcanis_Shivilrah; 2008-06-01 at 02:50 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Ark 3.2

"Because I believe your group is essential to me talking to the other Zygon, Huna. That and I would like you to learn from me as much you can about birthing. So you could teach females or males in my name, and not just inside this group. What do you think?"

Ark then walks a bit, teaching them of places where they could stay in. This includes showing them caves where they can use fire without it going out because of rain as well as showing them basic weaving, the same way certain birds weave their nests, to make Zygon-sized "huts".

Finally, finding time, he turns, striding towards Agur, stopping in front of the Zygon.

"I have to talk with you, Agur. For I am saddened that you do not understand my purpose. You mentioned running after the Klee and caring for them. But essentially the Zygon are the ones that move, the Zygon are the ones that makes the Klee breed and eats the Klee when food is scarce. I also want you and everyone in this group understand what is going on in your world."

He pauses, preparing for a long talk.

"There has been numerous powers like mine that have reached out to five different races that are intelligent like you. Some of your own kind might even have mentioned one or two of them. A number of them will appear with powers of war or fire, air, water and earth. They will try to impose on you how you should live your lives, how you should use your power, how you should think. That, Agur, is slavery."

He looks at Agur for a while. His green eyes shining brightly.

"When one of those beings of war come to you, they will try to provoke conflict and fights between the Zygon. Even if the Zygon are united as one, they might stimulate another species to attack you. And in those times, the needy will look for more power and call out to that war power. And it will grow ever more powerful as more support arises."

"What I am doing here is preparing you for the times to come, because there will be war, there will be fights and there will be deaths. I am the exact opposite. Your children I care for, your companions I care for, your future and wellbeing I care for. War has no such inclinations: Will for power destroys not only your group, but also your mates, your children, future and finally, your very soul: Your powers. As I admire your pride, I also admire your desire for freedom. You are a free flame, Agur... And none should prevent you from being so, which is why I have never imposed any of those suggestions on you, and your people have chosen them."

He pauses, his eyes closing slowly, he lets out a sigh, his voice somewhat saddened from now.

"Again, I am showing you places of rest and safe havens, or how to build them. Whether you use this knowledge is your own decision in the end. That is freedom, and I am here to protect that, contrary to some other powers that would force it upon you. So do not make me as though I am leading your fellow Zygon towards a dark road, for I am not."

Ark lays his hands on the back of the closest to conceiving Klee, power flowing through his hands. Light radiates and a warm feeling reaches everyone in sight. The mammal's womb seems to expand ever so slightly as power flows through it.

Spoiler
    Show
    + Conceive, Lesser (Animal): Will make a pregnant non-sentient creature conceive earlier.

"It is your choice whether to follow me Agur, but you would do well in doing so. For I have power that I will use it favour of your people: For you, for your children and for your future."

He then looks towards Huna, walking back towards her, remaining in earshot of Agur.

"Huna, I would like you to become learned in the ways of birthing, ask me all the questions you can think of and I will answer them to teach you all of what I know. I am confident that you will spread my word well, and I will also move to other Zygon to teach them. For now, please learn as much you can."

And he will start teaching her all he knows and answer her questions.

Ark 3.4

Once more, Ark is beamed down at the standard height he has been meeting with Zygons. As he approaches a new group of them that was the closest to his followers, he decides to arrive less dramatically, slowing down his speed, a green globe of light gently descending upon the Zygon, then, forming inside it, Ark's avatar, opening two green glowing eyes and setting foot onto the ground. He looks at each of them and greets them with a smile.

"Greetings, Zygon. I am Ark: Power of Fertility."

With those worlds, his hands spin quickly into a web of handseals, focusing his power on a nearby tree and its flowers start to bloom suddenly, pollen suddenly filling the air, flowers gently falling from the branches towards the ground, enveloping Ark's body before gently spreading in a wide area to the direction of the wind.

Spoiler
    Show
    + Pollen, Lesser: Will make a particular flower or tree spread its pollen/fruits as if it was spring. (One miracle left this turn)

"I have met your kind before, maybe you have heard of them the teachings in birthing that came from me. I am pleased to see others of their race. Let me see the strength in your eyes."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-01 at 10:58 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Turn 3.2

Forneus is more than mildly irritated because he specifically tried to target a group which was outside the first group's radius of communication. To make matters worse, his reception pretty much focuses the conversation on the single point he tried to avoid by just glancing over and leaving well enough alone. Forneus sighs and spreads his arms wide, walking toward the closest speaker while looking him in the eye: I come with wisdom beyond your understanding. I do not come with petty tricks to amuse you. Tell me, how does moving a handful of earth and water make your life better? I have already seen others prosper through my teachings and their newfound understanding but the Zygon seem to be the only ones unwilling... or unable to leave their doubts behind and learn. Do you know what lies beyond the path you can walk? Are you so confident you can face all trouble this world can bring?

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually the approach (which is very IC for a totally chaotic god) worked better than I thought for most races. And the only reason why it didn't work for the Zygon was because they are touchy and Forneus has figured that out and avoided the causes of the trouble in his first approach.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awlruts, 3.7 Northenmost Area of k21

A tornado of rose petals erupts from the ground a distance away from the village, quickly rising up to six feet in height, then suddenley the rose petals erupt outwards covering the surrounding area to reveal Awlruts avatar looking very pleased with itslef, "I'm starting to get the hang of this manifiesting thing." She says to herself, looking to her south she sees a group of what must be the local primatives. Turning behind her she notices the forest, The Sume are very close. This could be very fun. With that small thought she began to move with purpose over to this new camp of primitives, when she gets close depending how how they greet her she will slow down (if they seam skittish) or continue walking a little further into camp (if they react as the Sume did, with puzzlement and curiosity).
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

23. - Top - End - #53

The Zygon 3.2 Ark

Huna nodded happily at his request for her to teach others about Ark, though granted not all those within her group believed in him the way she did, but she would try anyway. Many Zygon took note of the places he pointed out as they moved, though they seemed a little unsure of the nests; not even Huna seemed to be real keen on the idea of living in a nest of sticks and twigs. Agur stopped when Ark moved in front of him; he listened but did not seem to like the large creature even as he spoke, though made no comment as he spoke, only seemed to become more upset before storming off. “Ark not Zygon.” Agur mumbles as he moves away, though it didn’t sound like he criticizing him for it. Though the rest of them listened carefully as Ark spoke of what others may do, a few comments circled around the group of stories they had heard of similar creatures.

Huna seemed somewhat concerned for Agur as he moved away from the group, but her focus moved back to Ark when he asked her to ask as many questions about birthing as possible. She has many extensive questions, some trivial others fairly complex, but all fairly valid and useful. As they traveled for a while, it seemed odd to most that Agur had not returned yet, most could guess he was sitting with his back against one of the few trees of the plains, but that might have been a while ago.

The Zygon 3.4 Ark

Many of the Zygon look on in a bit of amazement as the creature came down as a ball of green, many were weary of it as it got closer, though most seemed to be somewhat surprised to see what came out of it. “We know you. Other Zygon talk.” States a white eyed Canidae female after he’s done his large display of ability. “We good.” She states further rather weary, almost as if not entirely sure what to make of the creature; or perhaps a little disbelief.

The Zygon 3.2 Forneus

The Zygon listened, most of the brown eyed Zygon and what few blue eyed ones present seemed insulted when he asked how earth and water improved their lives. Though, the red eyed leader seemed fair calm the entire time he spoke, even as other red eyes shot glares when the smoky creature asked if they could handle everything. “We want water. We know water good.” The red eyed Zygon stated, walking over to a murky puddle of water and putting his hand down to it and it swirled mildly before scooping up a handful and walking back, not a drop slipped between his fingers. “We know water better.” He states with the clear water in his hand, there was no question that he could have gotten that clean of water with just a scoop of his hands. He sipped it before tossing it into the air, where it spread out, but only a few drops hit him as they seemed to move around. “Water good, not better, just good.” The male stated with a smirk before turning to a brown eyed male. “We show earth. Show smoke one.” He told the brown eyed one, who grabbed a moderately large rock, and started rubbing it in his hands as he slowly walked up. The brown eyes held up the rock when he was fairly close, it held a rough and lightly etched image of the smoky creature and a Zygon talking. “We know earth. Earth good, not better, just good.” The brown eyes stated after a few moments before tossing the rock to the side. “We know air. Air good, not better, just good. We know fire. Fire good, not better, just good.” Stated the red eyed male rather casually. “Now, smoke one know earth good and water good?” Asked the red eyed one almost condescendingly.

The Zygon 3.7 Awlruts

“What that?” Asks a male Felidae red eye while pointing at the strange creature that was approaching; the brown eyed Canidae male looks over at it. “I not know.” He responds while still looking. “What that?” Asks a very curious white eyed Felidae female as she almost uses the brown eye as a leaning point. “Not know, Feldi.” The brown eye answers almost agitated as he pushes her off him. “We find.” She states almost happily. “It bad thing or good thing?” The brown eye asked hastily, the red eye shrugged. “We talk.” Feldi says happily starting to move towards it from the other side of the group, the red eye starts to follow, the brown eye sighs before following too.

As the unusual creature approaches, many of the Zygon take more defensive postures though not outright hostile ones, except for a female Felidae white eyes, a red eyed Felidae male, and a brown eyed Canidae male; all of who move up to her together. “What you?” Asks the bold white eyes after a moment.

24. - Top - End - #54

Awlruts, 3.7 Northenmost Area of k21

Looking to these three bold creatures, one with red eyes, one with brown, and one more with white. Interesting , finishing this thought she then turned her mind to the quest, what was she, might as well be truthful. "I am a goddess. I am known as Awlrut, Goddess of Lust and War," she said slowly placing a emphasis on "I am" to give them more weight. Finally turning to look at the others, her eyes glowing blue, happy in her first words to these primitives. "Now you know my name. What is yours, and what are your people known as," as she says this she uses slow accompanying gestures to indicate the white eyed one, and then again to indicate all of them, her silk dress flowing around her with each gesture. "I have come from the heavens to help guide you in matters of Lust and War, but to also protect you from the other Gods, many want to control you, many, but not me" Again she makes the gestures, pointing up when she mentions the heavens, and making sure she gives special treatment of the words Lust and War.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2008-06-01 at 04:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

The Zygon 3.2 Awlruts

The three listened, the brown eyed one seeming somewhat unsure of moving up to the front with the other two. “What God-dess?” Asks the inquisitive white eyed Zygon closest to her, she seemed a bit more curious about her then the other two that had moved up. “I Feldi.” She states happily looking the creature over. “That Karrs.” She states pointing to the red eyed Felidae male who seemed almost like he didn’t notice and was judging the creature. “That Vul.” She states as she points to the brown eyed Canidae male, who glared at Feldi for point him out. “We Zygon.” The female continues while still looking over the new creature. “You move here, from heaven; why you move from earth?” Asks the brown eyed Zygon Vul. “What lust, and war?” The white eyed one asks inquisitively almost cutting off Vul’s question.

Spoiler
    Show
    So sorry about the delay, I'm slow poster and things came up.

26. - Top - End - #56

Ark 3.2

"I am worried, Huna."

He looks around, turning to the other Zygon.

"I know Agur hasn't been the most understanding, but he has his place in your group. I shall go and attempt to find him and ask him to come back, for it has been a while since he has been away. You can carry on your way, I will come back if I do not find him. Don't wait for me, I might be gone a while."

Ark then walks back along their tracks, trying to spot the lone Zygon to talk him back. If he hasn't encountered anyone for a long while, he will de-manifest and re-manifest among his followers in Huna's group.

Ark 3.4

"I am here to help you. I have helped other Zygon, and I will do the same here. Let me teach you like I did the others, for I am reaching out to your race as a whole, and I wouldn't make other Zygon benefit without thinking of the rest of your people."

He moves slightly forward the Zygon with a smile.

"Do not fear, I have only in mind the strengthening of your race. You have strong eyes." He looks towards the weary female Zygon. "What is your name?"

After she tells him, he will approach the creatures the Zygon have with them and will tell them whether any are pregnant (In particular the ones that don't seem to be, quite in the early stages, for it is more impressive) and when those that are heavily pregnant would give birth. He will tell them what herding brings to them, and he will teach any that would know more about birthing, particularly fixing any misinterpretations that might have occured during Zygon to Zygon exchanges of knowledge about birthing and pregnancies.

27. - Top - End - #57

The Zygon 3.2 Ark

The Zygon mostly seem to agree, that he had been missing for longer then normal; though Huna didn’t seem to like the idea that Ark was leaving to go look for him, she was concerned for Agur, but she seemed more so about Ark. Though any argument she could surmise was stifled largely by her own knowledge and thoughts, leaving her somewhat upset but did not argue much.

Ark stumbled upon the Zygon resting against a tree, seeming to fiddle with something; a closer inspection shows that it’s a stone that he is slowly manipulating with both his elemental talent and sometimes his claws. Several stones sat by him, their etchings extremely detailed, it was obvious he had spent a great deal of time working on them. If Ark was quiet enough on his approach he might hear some of the Felidae’s mutterings. “Ark not Zygon. Agur Zygon. Why Ark better? Why nor Agur?” He mumbles to himself fairly loudly not paying a whole lot of attention to the world around him.

The Zygon 3.4 Ark

Even with a little amazement the Zygon seem to relax slightly as he spoke, to most of them he seemed something like a myth, a rumor from other Zygon; the murmurs around the crowd reflected this. “I Vanka.” She states a little surprised that he would ask her such a thing, though after a while they relax some more and a bit surprised by his ability to predict the creatures they had. They seemed like Klee, but were thicker and had more muscle then the Klee. The Zygon called them Esum. There had been a few misconceptions and misunderstood things since the language wasn’t able to truly support all the needed terms, but this is cleared up as they move.

28. - Top - End - #58

Ark 3.2

Ark approaches with caution, overhearing Agur's words. He thinks to himself for a while, he had been patiently observing the Zygon, and this kind of behaviour was strange to him, for as far as he knew, the Zygon used power-imbued stones to please mates. He patiently observes the male as he tries to determine what could possibly be wrong.

He is thinking of attaining my power, perhaps. Maybe his pride has been too much for him to handle. He is being consumed by it as he tries to compete with a being beyond his comprehension.

That... or he rivals me in another area... something that he might want that I have. Maybe the artifact I gave Huna? Maybe it is the attention I give her as opposed to him. Should I approach and show him compassion? Should I leave him?

He decides that approaching Agur is the best decision, but he leaves the Zygon his privacy, walking back a distance before calling out loudly.

"Agur! Is that you?"

He then stands still, calling him forward.

"There are many that are worried of your absence, Agur." And that is when an idea pops into his head suddenly. He decides to try it out, to probe the Zygon. "Huna is worried too."

Ark 3.4

Ark, moving among the Zygon, tall and proud, then strides towards one of the Esum that was closest to delivering. Putting a hand on its back, he closes his eyes, breathes, and now more comfortable with this miracle, he decides to only utilize one hand. He was master of this power, far more capable than any in this domain. Power suddenly surges from his hand in the form of small particles of light, and, flowing into the creature, his eyes suddenly opening, a shimmer appearing in the pupils, Ark speaks out the word:

"Conceive."

The belly of the creature increases ever so slightly, almost indistinguishable, but will definitely deliver earlier, as promoted. He then looks towards the Zygon and smiles to them.

"I am proud to help the Zygon. You are a splendid people. I have helped two groups now, and I will continue to do so. Believe in me, and I will come back to teach more." And with these words, he takes a stick, and as with the first group, shows them his symbol. "I am not forcing my knowledge onto you, but if you will listen and believe in me, you will find your lives become better with time. I will make sure of that. This..."

He motions to the pregnant creature, still with a mystical aura about it.

"Is only one of the many gifts I can give you."

He pauses, watching them all. Stating:

"I will now travel with you and answer all questions you may still have of birthing, pregnancy, needs and if you should so feel inclined to ask of me: Herding and places of rest."

He will teach them how they can use their herd for food, but also teaches them that they provide warmth. For places of rest, he suggests caves as well as next to calm rivers.

Spoiler
    Show
    (He stands and helps them with all their questions for the rest of this portion of turn, paying special attention to Vanka's queries.)
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-06-02 at 08:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Awlruts, 3.7 Northernmost Area of k21 (Wrap up, what little I have to wrap.)

Continuing to direct her attention to the white eyed one named Feldi, whether she was a leader, or if she led with the other two mattered little, ideas of lust and beauty would be taken best by females, or at least so Awlruts thought, and war and power by males, again so she thought. So they are called the Zygon. Interesting, as she thought the word interesting she clicked her teeth four times in rhythm, slightly bemused at her new habit but making sure not to show it she slid forward to Feldi as she spoke, "Goddess is a female God," her voice moving through the air, the rhythm of her voice slowing to an invisible beat. Swishing her long, mid-back, black hair around and across her shoulder she locked Feldi in her stare as she continued to speak, "Lust my new dear ones, is the most wonderful thing, "Arching her back she said this, stretching out her arms letting her hidden body do the talking for a moment. "It is what compels you to learn, it is what keeps you strong and proud!" She exclaimed these last two points, indulging her own insane fascination with lust, grasping her spear and bringing it close to her as she slid around and back to where she stood before, grinning like a mad woman, "And war. War is the greatest test of strength and power in the universe!" Again she made a point of exclaiming the points at which she extols the virtues of her mad world (strength, power, and Universe).

(OOC: I'm going to give a vauge idea of what she then does till turn 3.99, at which point she will head back to the Outer Plane feeling something weird is going to happen. Becuase that interaction could last a while and this is suppose to be a wrap up for turn 3.)

After her speach she will attempt to answer questions as best she can, but always leaving something out in her words so they have new questions and get slowly dragged into her aggenda. She will at every oppertunity agrandise Lust and War during her stay here. She will then ask questions once they have finished most of the questions that they might have, she will ask about the obvious questions a Goddess of Lust and War would ask, but she will also ask about why do their eyes glow like that, and will then further as for a demonstration if they tell her about their elemental powers. After learning and temping as much as she can she will then leave at turn 3.99 (as I said above). Note: They may ask what is dear ones, she will answer thusly; a greatly loved and cherished being, something of great worth to her.

(OOC: I hope this is all ok.)

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Forneus

Wrapping up turn 3

Forneus sighs and shakes his head at the primitive creatures. It's been a hard task to get a simple point across. Yes, little one. I can see you move earth and I can see you move water. But it's still not very useful. He indicates at the handful of water. How long would it take you to clean the water that everybody drinks, even for a single day? And I see you clean the water from the dirt you can see, but the water sometimes has dangers that you can't see. Don't the Zygon ever get sick after eating or drinking?
    Forneus doesn't have a good track record with guessing what the Zygon can do as they usually surpass his expectations. However he is pretty sure the simple hand purification can not destroy the bacteria and other potentially dangerous substances inside.

Forneus takes a deep breath: Fire can clean dangers from your water and food much easily. A single Zygon can maintain the fire to clean the water and food for the whole group. Yes, I can see you can move fire, but I see you don't know fire and you don't now what it can do to help you and make your life better.

He picks up the small bit of shaped dirt and says: Earth is good. It is a good toy, but when has this skill saved your life? I have seen creatures that lack your talent, but they are wise not to reject my help and my help has made their lives better.

In general, Forneus is trying to push boiling water, roasting food and using projectile (a.k.a "air") weapons. If the Zygon are at all interested he will start with those concepts.